facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 9, 2014, 06:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Should have stuck with shamsur he deserves it just as much if not more than either of anamul or imrul, shamsur should only have been dropped if it was to try someone new.

Old November 9, 2014, 11:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Shahriar Nafees is probably a better option than Imrul Kayes(for tests only) but i guess it is too late. Nafees recently scored 97 against Zimbabwe A in a first class match
Old November 10, 2014, 12:50 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
People that are complaining about Anamul's technical deficiencies, besides Tamim all our other top order batsmen have technical and temperamental deficiencies as well. I know Anamul hasn't looked good so far in Tests but the likes of Jahurul, SN, Imrul, Junaid and Shamsur have all been bad in their chances in Tests as well. And look at how many chances those guys got. The way they got out most of the time was equally ugly. Anamul got only 4 Tests and that too against NZ and WI in WI and SL in SL. Not the easiest of opposition to start off with in Tests.

I know it's a different format but Anamul already has 3 centuries in ODIs which is already amongst the top for us in just 22 matches, that too against the likes of Pakistan and WI which again the other top order batsmen have failed to do in their chances. Not to mention his FC stats are much more impressive. The kids a bigger talent and Tests are the toughest format, especially for our players. So give Anamul a run and I'm sure he'll do better than our other top order batsmen
Others have flaws but they did manage to perform despite that at some point. Anamul, well he didnt! simple as that. He got a test against NZ, WI, SL. every surface he played on was a batting wicket. Doesnt matter if its home or away. You talk of ODIs, take a look at his last 100. He got lucky in multiple occasions and the innings was by no means flawless. Despite that, its an achievement he should be rewarded with as much as a sealed slot for ODI for next few matches. It does not warrant him a slot in test matches. His impressive FC stats got him 4 matches, 2 innings each. He failed 8 times in a row with no indication of improvement or adaption to the competitive nature of the format.
Old November 10, 2014, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Getting gloves off from Mushy is a major concern. I am in favour of the decision. Best keeper of the country should take the gloves in test cricket. In that case I don't see any chance for Anamul. Nurul hasan can be a answer if he is a better keeper than Mushy.
I thought Dhiman Gosh was rated as one of the best keeper. WTV happened to him? Died off for his ego?
Old November 10, 2014, 11:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Others have flaws but they did manage to perform despite that at some point. Anamul, well he didnt! simple as that. He got a test against NZ, WI, SL. every surface he played on was a batting wicket. Doesnt matter if its home or away. You talk of ODIs, take a look at his last 100. He got lucky in multiple occasions and the innings was by no means flawless. Despite that, its an achievement he should be rewarded with as much as a sealed slot for ODI for next few matches. It does not warrant him a slot in test matches. His impressive FC stats got him 4 matches, 2 innings each. He failed 8 times in a row with no indication of improvement or adaption to the competitive nature of the format.
So the likes of Imrul and SN have been flawless when they've played? Take a look at their best innings even. Even SN in his innings against Australia he caught the edge many times. Imrul's innings against SL? He too edged his way to his century.

Your talking about improvement. Tell me what type of Imrul, SN, Jahurul and Shamsur have shown. Imrul to this day edges many of his deliveries outside his off stump. SN consistently pokes outside his offstump. Shamsur's been clueless in most ways and same as Jahurul. I'm not saying Anamul's been flawless but we're writing him off too soon when we are glad to give proven failures like Imrul chance after chance.

Imrul has a 6% success rate when talking about centuries and half centuries after 18 Tests. SN an 16% success rate after 24 Tests. Shamsur a 8% success rate. Anamul obviously has a 0% success rate but again not nearly as many chances as the others.

All I'm saying is give him a run. Anamul's already done something that the other batsmen haven't done and that's having 3 centuries against G8 teams.
Old November 10, 2014, 11:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

They should have brought Nasir back for 3rd Test. Because Hom/Anamul at 7 is a stop-gap solution and the real spot belongs to Nasir. He could have used a weaker opponent to get back into form.
Old November 10, 2014, 12:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
They should have brought Nasir back for 3rd Test. Because Hom/Anamul at 7 is a stop-gap solution and the real spot belongs to Nasir. He could have used a weaker opponent to get back into form.
Hom played pretty well last match. I'd give him another go in the 3rd match. No need to rush Nasir back. He can be back for ODIs but he should wait to come back in Tests
Old November 10, 2014, 07:40 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
So the likes of Imrul and SN have been flawless when they've played? Take a look at their best innings even. Even SN in his innings against Australia he caught the edge many times. Imrul's innings against SL? He too edged his way to his century.

Your talking about improvement. Tell me what type of Imrul, SN, Jahurul and Shamsur have shown. Imrul to this day edges many of his deliveries outside his off stump. SN consistently pokes outside his offstump. Shamsur's been clueless in most ways and same as Jahurul. I'm not saying Anamul's been flawless but we're writing him off too soon when we are glad to give proven failures like Imrul chance after chance.

Imrul has a 6% success rate when talking about centuries and half centuries after 18 Tests. SN an 16% success rate after 24 Tests. Shamsur a 8% success rate. Anamul obviously has a 0% success rate but again not nearly as many chances as the others.

All I'm saying is give him a run. Anamul's already done something that the other batsmen haven't done and that's having 3 centuries against G8 teams.
you talk about SN, Imrul, Jahirul being edgy, thats a problem with their patience level where they cannot refrain themselves from hitting the ball for long . With Anamul he has technical flaws that prevents him from staying in the middle against the new ball.

I am not in favor of giving SN, Imrul or few others with clear limitations and flaws. But I have seen Anamul enough to know that he is not our solution for the longer version. Knowing our selectors and the thought process, not performing in tests will further damage his chances of making the ODI and T20 squad. In terms of SN, I think he is still a great batsman with experience but inconsistent. So he can be tried, given there aren't much alternative (specially in test). Jahirul, i thought was very capable of making starts, just doesnt have what it takes to build on it. Right now I would gladly take starts as a starting point.
Old November 10, 2014, 08:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Fielding in neighborhood and fielding in cricket ground are not same same.
Old November 10, 2014, 08:27 PM
Cricket Sage

No Anamul no Nasir yet. Keep Hom adn bring back Imrul for now.

Give Rubel and Shahadat a break, and bring back Al-Amin and Shafiul or Abul (if he is in final 14).
Old November 10, 2014, 10:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
you talk about SN, Imrul, Jahirul being edgy, thats a problem with their patience level where they cannot refrain themselves from hitting the ball for long . With Anamul he has technical flaws that prevents him from staying in the middle against the new ball.

I am not in favor of giving SN, Imrul or few others with clear limitations and flaws. But I have seen Anamul enough to know that he is not our solution for the longer version. Knowing our selectors and the thought process, not performing in tests will further damage his chances of making the ODI and T20 squad. In terms of SN, I think he is still a great batsman with experience but inconsistent. So he can be tried, given there aren't much alternative (specially in test). Jahirul, i thought was very capable of making starts, just doesnt have what it takes to build on it. Right now I would gladly take starts as a starting point.
Agree with you that it's more temperamental with the likes of Imrul, Jahurul and SN but again they never seemed to learn from it after so many years. Hard to see it ever changing. Anamul on the other hand is still young and the sample size is a bit too small to judge but I respect your opinion too if you think he's not the solution.

Anyways, it seems that Imrul will open anyways looking at today's papers. Let's hope he can click this time