facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 18, 2018, 01:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Bad loss, but just like Bangalore, its unimportant.

In 2014 we let Binny run riot, but the next year dispatched Umesh, Shami, Mohit and others.

What is more important is fixing the side for the Asia Cup and the World Cup next year. And making sure FIzz is fit for all Test cricket we play. We can be a force in Test cricket at home, but we need the right type of surface for each specific opponent.

We also need to develop our bench strenght with A team cricket.

We can't consistently compete with even a 3rd string Indian team. People need to realize they have 7 times the population and 2 or 3x the per capita $$$ that we have. We should not be competing even with their 10th string side.

Main short term goals:

1) Get to the Asia Cup final vs India. Anything can happen after that.
2) Prepare to win 4-5 games at the next WC and at least have a mathematial shot at the semis until the final few rounds of group matches.
3) get some A team cricket in

#OneTeam1Dream

Old March 18, 2018, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
yeah I broke my hand punching the floor in that match. that was too against Pakistan

comparing to that, these loses are dud vat
Exactly.. I'm numb now. Experienced much worse, supporting chokers in other fields of sports also numbs it.. (Arsenal)
Old March 18, 2018, 01:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Don't be sad- nonsense from others

Are we going to be happy with coming 2nd. Est ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 18, 2018, 01:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Will therapy get us a trophy?
Old March 18, 2018, 01:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

The most painful was the Asia cup.final to.Pakistan.
Then the Bengaluru.
Todays one is less painful because beforz this tournament we did not think we will reach final.
Old March 18, 2018, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Exactly.. I'm numb now. Experienced much worse, supporting chokers in other fields of sports also numbs it.. (Arsenal)
Wenger out... lol
Old March 18, 2018, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Mufi your too emotional pal.. need to let it be. After 2013/13 PL season where Liverpool missed winning the PL, I don’t feel pain at all, anymore. Especially after 2016 World T20.

When a part timer bowls last over 12runs to get. It was always unlikely he will defend it. And it’s not his fault at all. I don’t blame SS one bit. But for me main culprit was Rubel. Yes, yes he bowled superb for the first 3 - but, surely must’ve been able to concede less than 18runs??? Lots of runs to play with, he gave away 22runs!!! Another 4runs from it would’ve made the difference. 16runs last over, Sarkar could’ve pulled it off!
Old March 18, 2018, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

I knew we couldn't win. I had a feeling that we would screw up in the last ball. And, that's what we did. We gave away a 6! We just don't have the mentality to squeeze the opponent.
Old March 18, 2018, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Why didn't Riyad bowl ? Did Shakib forget about him ? He could have done better than Apu or Miraz.
Old March 18, 2018, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
I knew we couldn't win. I had a feeling that we would screw up in the last ball. And, that's what we did. We gave away a 6! We just don't have the mentality to squeeze the opponent.
Mentality. Is the key, especially such situations/moments of the game, in a big game.

BD needs a proper quality psychologist.
Old March 18, 2018, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
and India needs two more virats and they will be unbeatable. Bhai players like shakib dont grow on trees. we will not find two more shakibs while the current shakib is playing. we need utility players who can support the likes of shakib. so far the youngsters are way to hit and miss
Nothing gets you success quicker than talents! I want to see us get over these humps. Are you suggesting we change nothing and just tell the current bunch to keep practicing? Right now our best is not good enough. Especially when they come with so much baggage like Rahim. If we can improve our best right now, that sets a new benchmark for youngsters to emulate.
Old March 18, 2018, 06:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya

I am actually more worried about the talents that are coming out of the pipeline. Not a single one (except Momin) is talented or extraordinary. Tamim-Shakib-Mushy all made noise in their early year and didn't something extraordinary. Don't see such talent coming out. Also, we need a passionate coach like Siddons who will prepare at least 2 or 3 players to become their best. We need to talk about those issues more I guess now.
very well put. Future is concerning for me as well... current team has been many years in the making. And we just starting to be competetive. Our benchc strength is non existence.
Old March 18, 2018, 06:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Sabbir Rahman is talented.
Old March 18, 2018, 06:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Mufi your too emotional pal.. need to let it be. After 2013/13 PL season where Liverpool missed winning the PL, I don’t feel pain at all, anymore. Especially after 2016 World T20.
you are a liverpool fan? nice to see another reds fan. you are right..we will never walk alone.

man city QF draw is very interesting. can't wait for that.

anyway done with cricket. enough for now. need a hiatus. until some next big games fellas! gotta work on my himu novel.

let's bleed green and red.
Old March 18, 2018, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
very well put. Future is concerning for me as well... current team has been many years in the making. And we just starting to be competetive. Our benchc strength is non existence.
It's surprising that with so many idols from the country to follow and with so many improved facilities we are simply not getting any talented or smarter cricketer. People like Nasir, Sabbir, Soummyo, Miraz showed so much promise at the beginning but all faded away with time where it should have been opposite. We simply don't have players to fill in the shoes of Mash, Tamim, Shakib, Mushy or even Riyad. That's depressing!
Old March 18, 2018, 07:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Consistency. Is what lacking from these talented but been ‘very’ hit of nothing group of players; Soumya, Sabbir, Liton.

Not asking them to score every game. Least to it bit more consistently, do it every other game, but do put something of a little contribution even when your not at your best, in T20s every contribution could help. A 9ball 20 from Sarkar could’ve been highly useful this final match, or from Das. Sabbir came well this game but its his first 50 in ages and it doesn’t mean his back to form and nothing went wrong before.

Lots of things to work on. These are talented bunch, stroke players, have the shorts and power. They need to understand that they have to take more responsibility and play good cricketing stuffs and take the team forward.
Old March 19, 2018, 05:02 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
It's surprising that with so many idols from the country to follow and with so many improved facilities we are simply not getting any talented or smarter cricketer. People like Nasir, Sabbir, Soummyo, Miraz showed so much promise at the beginning but all faded away with time where it should have been opposite. We simply don't have players to fill in the shoes of Mash, Tamim, Shakib, Mushy or even Riyad. That's depressing!
The huge skill gap between domestic and international
level is to blame in my opinion. Once you are out of the side it is impossible to return as an improved player because the domestic bowlers wont test your technique or temperament. This is what we have seen with Nasir and Anamul both of whom did make a comeback after scoring a mountain of runs but were woefully short of international standard. There is no short term fix to this other than making our FC competitive. What we could do is put some of these guys in HP and A team squads and send them off on 3-4 tours every year.
Old March 19, 2018, 05:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Very difficult to get into any international team without talent these days.

But it takes alot of persistent hard work, concentration and good mentoring to harness the talent to convert talent into an international contributing player.

Such players keep making the same mistakes over and over again because the lack of the above 3. Then it becomes "wasted" talent!
Old March 19, 2018, 03:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
1) Get to the Asia Cup final vs India. Anything can happen after that.
I am sick and tired of "Anything". I want to win