facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 23, 2008, 07:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

with the exodus, he may become our back up or third string keeper. In reality, he represents the past along with bashar and jo and we are very hesitant to go back to that history of failure. Unfortunately, the current team is performing worse.

Truth is, pilot is not up to odis anymore and hence he didnt get an invite into the reject team and for tests he will probably remain as a backup. Mushi's batting is more suited to tests anyway but his keeping has some questions yet to be answered.

Old September 23, 2008, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoilaheez
with the exodus, he may become our back up or third string keeper. In reality, he represents the past along with bashar and jo and we are very hesitant to go back to that history of failure. Unfortunately, the current team is performing worse.

Truth is, pilot is not up to odis anymore and hence he didnt get an invite into the reject team and for tests he will probably remain as a backup. Mushi's batting is more suited to tests anyway but his keeping has some questions yet to be answered.
How do you come to decide that truth?
Pilot is not our 'third string' keeper, he is the best keeper that Bangladesh has ever produced and till date, he is the best. I can understand the term 'reality' because in reality he will not be selected by our selectors no matter how well he performs; but I do not understand the 'truth' thing that Pilot is not up for ODIs.
Old September 23, 2008, 12:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
How do you come to decide that truth?
Pilot is not our 'third string' keeper, he is the best keeper that Bangladesh has ever produced and till date, he is the best. I can understand the term 'reality' because in reality he will not be selected by our selectors no matter how well he performs; but I do not understand the 'truth' thing that Pilot is not up for ODIs.
Keeping wise he is ok, but batting wise I think he is too much inferior in todays context. His batting tech is very poor, I know he has made some runs in the past by his determination to stay there, but I don't think that's good enough these days. He is nothing outstanding to get a call now, rather it is worth investing on young Mushi. So he can become a good WK Batsman in future. leaving him out for KM doesn't make sense.
Old September 23, 2008, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Keeping wise he is ok, but batting wise I think he is too much inferior in todays context. His batting tech is very poor, I know he has made some runs in the past by his determination to stay there, but I don't think that's good enough these days. He is nothing outstanding to get a call now, rather it is worth investing on young Mushi. So he can become a good WK Batsman in future. leaving him out for KM doesn't make sense.
BANFAN bhai,

Actually for a good combination it does not matter what you think or i think or the selectors think. Our thinking should be justified by facts. As the stats say, Pilot was one of the better batsmen in the team when he was left out. I do not understand on which basis you are telling that his batting technique is poor. Who in the BD side has a better technique? And we often forget, he is there mainly as a keeper.

Blindly, i repeat 'blindly' dragging in 16 years old kids in the national side does no justice to the team, to the player as well. Mushfiq has done nothing to invest effort on him ignoring a stablished performer.

There is an old saying, when something is running smoothly, do not change it! But our selectors do otherwise and that's why Bangladesh cricket is always going downhill.
Old September 23, 2008, 03:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

i think we validate our own 'truths' to validate our points, nothing wrong with that when u know u cant be wrong. Masud will never be back in any int. squad and so arguing whether he is still better than everybody else is futile. Y? because there is no way he will ever play and we will never know if he was indeed better or his batting was 'not standard'. Quite frankly, I dont know which standard makes us score less than 100 in three outings. But again, it doesnt matter. Mushi scores...thats all I pray for. Pilot is by far already out of everyone's minds, esp since the very last of the seniors went out ashamed...Habla and rafique.
Old September 23, 2008, 05:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

The truth is,, had Dhiman not left for ICL, it was already over for Mushfique. He was/is/will never close to a dependable international wicketkeeper. There is no doubt that he is a possible test batsman like Javed Omar.. He has the same potential to become a better batsman as /Riad/Pavel

What happened to Pilot is unfortunate and it has been happening for the last few years..and thats why Bangladesh team is what it is.. a fluke, possibility but never a Real consisten threat to any team. We never select a team based on performance and experience but more with sensation, youth and media reports. But hey,, we are no Australia/India/South Africa are we? we need those cute lovely smiling baby faces in the middle..
Old September 26, 2008, 10:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Khaled Mashud recently wrote a letter to BCB to give him a chance to play his last international match in the upcoming NZ series. He wants to say Good-Bye from the field.

BCB might talk to him about this on Sunday. And I hope they give him a chance to play in the Test series. He deserves that after doing so well in the last year's NCL.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...wMDE1&mid=OA==
Old September 26, 2008, 11:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

hmmm...i heard he's busy acting as a mastaan gunda (thug boy!) in bangla soaps!
Old September 26, 2008, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

With Mushfique scoring 3 and 11 in practice match,, I dont see how Mashud do any worse than that.. Atleast, they give a chance for retirement..He is probably one of the unsung heroes of Bangladesh cricket...If there was ever a best XI for Bangladesh,, his name would be one of the first with Akram, Nannu, Athar, Bulbul...
Old September 27, 2008, 02:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
Khaled Mashud recently wrote a letter to BCB to give him a chance to play his last international match in the upcoming NZ series. He wants to say Good-Bye from the field.

BCB might talk to him about this on Sunday. And I hope they give him a chance to play in the Test series. He deserves that after doing so well in the last year's NCL.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...wMDE1&mid=OA==
After hearing this news, I feel quite emotional. I am not a fan of KM; but performancewise he deserves and deserved in the last two years to be in the national side. And now one of the very best players that BD has ever produced needs to beg mercy (though he is still performing enough to be in the team) to say good bye from international cricket.

This is a shame for Bangladesh Cricket.
Old September 27, 2008, 04:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

Im pretty sure everyone who is against this will bring open the record books to dispell "myths" with statistical data that belittles Mashud's career.

If I only had a penny to dispell myths about every single player in the bangladesh cricket team who you all love with a simple statistical reading...

Anyways, point is BCB wont give it, Siddons is not having any of it, and im pretty sure he is going out bitter with a sour taste in his mouth. I mean that has been the story of every single senior and it wont get any better anytime soon. But hey! its Bangladesh cricket..depressing as it is, this is how we do.
Old September 27, 2008, 06:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
BCB should have said instant yes. He deserves it.
Old September 27, 2008, 12:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

BCB should consider himself to have his farewell.
Old September 27, 2008, 01:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
hmmm...i heard he's busy acting as a mastaan gunda (thug boy!) in bangla soaps!
Old September 27, 2008, 02:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

pilot should be called into the test squad!
Old September 28, 2008, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
BCB should have said instant yes. He deserves it.
I don get u guys.....ANY national cricket team is not a CHARITY....
Old September 28, 2008, 12:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Playing him in one game isn't charity. He is still the best WK of BD. Considering the long term benefits I would prefer Mushy to continue on regular basis. But KM is good enough to get a farewel match, by his merit. It also provides an opportunity to the team to present him a spirited performance. Team building needs such exercises. It's not a loss, rathar gain for the team.

In your view, all the teams that give a chance to a player to have a farewel match, is charity? Then Australia is the biggest charity team. And that team is on top for years by doing charity over the years !!
Old September 28, 2008, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
National team a khela charity na, tobe oneker constant failure er poreo jevabe team a automatic selection dekhi (example, Rahim) tate mone hoy BD national team karo karo bap-dadar sompotti.
Old September 28, 2008, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Today he announced his announcement because BCB denied his appeal to play for one last match for Bangladesh... Well done BCB. Pilot shouldve just left for ICL when he had the offer. This is the story of Bangladesh,, never knows how to honor the past heroes. Be it a freedom fighter, be it an artist or a player who bought that famous win against Kenya in 1997 with Akram that gave us this international status.. Without Pilot's contribution, Bangladesh would be what it is, well exactly today. A hopeless team with no direction or fighting spirit.
Old September 28, 2008, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

I feel sick to my stomach to see the comedy act by BCB management and selectors. Thanks for destroying the BD cricket along with a pathetic coach in just matter of a year. Its utterly disgusting. The team is nosediving to the lowest. And those who says Pilot is too old, does not know the first thing about cricket. Experience matters, hence AUS is the champ, no 18 year old WK in AUS, ENG and NZ. One more Whitewash is on the card. And then Siddons goes for his next vacation. No point of following this comedy act.
Old September 28, 2008, 03:19 PM
Club Cricketer

tragedy! for the players- the fans; and the game!
Old September 28, 2008, 09:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Today he announced his announcement because BCB denied his appeal to play for one last match for Bangladesh... Well done BCB. Pilot shouldve just left for ICL when he had the offer. This is the story of Bangladesh,, never knows how to honor the past heroes. Be it a freedom fighter, be it an artist or a player who bought that famous win against Kenya in 1997 with Akram that gave us this international status.. Without Pilot's contribution, Bangladesh would be what it is, well exactly today. A hopeless team with no direction or fighting spirit.
Pilot didn't appeal for one last game to call it a day, he has his pride and will never look for any charity! Though I agree with the selecter having Pilot making way for the youngsters, I still believe they should have played him one last game for a fitting finale!

Zaheed
Old September 29, 2008, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
The news of the appeal in the newspapers was false. Pilot did not submit any written appeal to BCB to give him a last chance.

Rightly said Dhakablues bhai, except Sujon, no captain of Bangladesh test era could retire with honor. Durjoy, Habibul, Pailot all have the same fate and I agree that we as a nation we don't know how to give due respect/honor. We have seen Jamat worker beating a Freedom fighter recently, no action still yet to be taken........