facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 1, 2006, 10:36 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Our main target right now should be to not let them have a lead of above 50 runs. who knows, if they can achieve that we might still have an innings defeat. given the record of our 2nd innings batting that is not entirely impossible.

so, first session target: get them all out below 50 lead. now, if that takes them 'til lunch (very unlikely) that is OK.

Old March 1, 2006, 10:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Yes If they can keep the deficit close to 50s that will be great news for us. Any thing close to 100 is pretty much end of any hope.
Old March 1, 2006, 10:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

i think they will get to 400...... the two batsmen in the crease can bat and then muralitharan will also throw his bat.... we will definately need a good show in the second innings to make this test interesting... however after the performance of first innings apart from ashraful, I can't be that helpful.... hopefully our batsmen will learn from their mistakes...
Old March 1, 2006, 04:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I don't think we will score more than 250 in the second innings on a pitch that should be turning even more beyond today. I hope I am wrong. Its crucial they don't get a sizeable lead ( 60+). Late order runs from the opponents in a test match has been our nemesis. Yet again, an unknown batsman in Maharoof plays a match changing innings of 72, just like Zaheer Khan did and numerous others before and after that.
Old March 1, 2006, 04:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think the key would be how the pitch plays when we bat in the second innings. Playing Murali on any surface, for any team is a considerable task. If the pitch begins to take a lot more turn, then it is all but over for us. That is the worst case scenario for us.

However, I don’t know with what permutation and combination of their first innings score and our second innings score, if we can take an overall lead of 220 plus runs on a really turning track we might, just might, have a chance. You might laugh at this, but it is possible. Needless to say, this is our best case scenario.

I can’t see this match ending in a draw. For me, at this stage, it is 70% for a Sri Lanka win and 30% for a win by us.
Old March 1, 2006, 04:56 PM
Test Cricketer

IMO a great chance could have been lost: if Mashrafee had been there Bangladesh would have really won this match. Anybody agree?
Old March 1, 2006, 06:27 PM
Cricket Legend

I dont know about winning this match, but having Mashrafe instead of Rajib would have been a big plus! Anyway, no point talking about what could have been!

I think if we can keep SL to about 380, a 60 run lead, that doesnt give them the game. But if they score over 400, its all over for us. But to keep them to under 380, the seamers will need to get a couple of wickets while the ball is still new. If these two batsmen can see off the new ball and the early morning conditions, SL will add another 100-120 runs!

Its very important that we win the first session tomorrow. Get SL out as soon as possible and go into lunch with all wickets intact. That will give our players confidence as well. If the first session goes badly, the game will be over for us!
Old March 1, 2006, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

in fact we are in a pretty advantageous situation here. if we can get them out by the first session, then we will have the rest of the day to bat out, and the wicket should be good for batting after lunch. given that it's going to crack up tomorrow, if we can bat for around 90 overs (60 tonight and 30 tomorrow), we should have a good chance of at least ending this match with a draw, as our spinners should be able to utilize the 4th and 5th day conditions to their advantage.
Old March 1, 2006, 06:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
in fact we are in a pretty advantageous situation here. if we can get them out by the first session, then we will have the rest of the day to bat out, and the wicket should be good for batting after lunch.
I hope you are right. However Sri lankan captain is predicting something different after lunch....

"Murali can be dangerous from tomorrow afternoon. It is still a very good batting track but there is a chance that the ball would turn from the third day afternoon. "said Jayawardene.
Old March 2, 2006, 12:35 AM

First Session of Day 3 definitely belongs to us.

I will give it an A.

now, for the 2nd session: do not loose more than 2 wickets. how much run scored, does not matter.
Old March 2, 2006, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

we won we won! we won the first session!

bat it out boys! bat out the rest of the day! i agree with rubu - no more than two wickets in the second session. just one is even better! we have so much time to bowl sri lanka out! no need to hurry and play rash shots - let's pile up the runs from here!

yay!!
Old March 2, 2006, 12:58 AM
Cricket Sage

A++ for Bangladesh for 1st session of 3rd day
Old March 2, 2006, 01:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
A++ for Bangladesh for 1st session of 3rd day
Totally agree,the best session for BD so far,it brought us back in the match
Old March 2, 2006, 03:21 AM
Cricket Legend

F--- for this session,we are virtually out of the game
Old March 2, 2006, 08:45 AM

this thread is useless now. only consolation is that we did have a better show and kept the game alive for 2 and half days.