facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 14, 2008, 08:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Ashraful lacks the ability to bat according to the condition and fails too many times. However he is fascinating but not a complete batsman.

SN has the mental strenght to build his innigns. Even Richard McInness reckoned that he had the talent and temperament to become a future Test captain. Like arnob, I think he also has the necessary education to negotiate ouside-the-field-issues.

Unlike arnob, I prefer not to be so harsh with ash and I equally respect their prospects.

Old March 14, 2008, 08:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Shahriar Nafees is obviously better. He comes from my school, therefore well-educated. Ashraful was a little tokai ballboy in Siddheshwori.
If Ash is a tokai, it means a tokai is better and more respected than every member in the BanglaCrickwet forum. Ash, Bashar might look bad playing against the world's best but don't forget they got there beating a lot of other people. The talent they have makes them incomparable to just any milloinaires. I'd rather meet him or even Bashar than a Richard Branson or a Bill Gates.

This is for Everyone-respect the players. They've gone through a lot to be there. I'm sure they could earn more if they were drug-dealers or chora-karbari. They chose to have a very unpredictable job just to serve their country.

Cheers,
Nahaz Chowdhury
Old March 14, 2008, 09:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i do not like this thread... not a good thread if one of if one of the national players anonomously visit this site... they won't be very happy with this thread.
Old March 14, 2008, 10:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

All of them are useless...

SN is in really good form now, but he still cannot make big scores.
Old March 15, 2008, 12:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
If Ash is a tokai, it means a tokai is better and more respected than every member in the BanglaCrickwet forum. Ash, Bashar might look bad playing against the world's best but don't forget they got there beating a lot of other people. The talent they have makes them incomparable to just any milloinaires. I'd rather meet him or even Bashar than a Richard Branson or a Bill Gates.

This is for Everyone-respect the players. They've gone through a lot to be there. I'm sure they could earn more if they were drug-dealers or chora-karbari. They chose to have a very unpredictable job just to serve their country.

Cheers,
Nahaz Chowdhury
Very touchy post, but what has Ashraful done lately? If Ash were a drug dealer, his career would be like getting caught red-handed by the police 90% of the time and then bailed out by corrupt administration.
Old March 15, 2008, 12:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Quote:
Why would I show respect to someone's tokai background? He is a great batsman, earns a lot of money now (20 lakhs a year I think), but I don't think he is very well-educated and well-cultured, not that it matters a lot in cricket.
Wow, aren't you dishing out a lot of educated statements!
That is a below the belt blow to Ash and truelly disrespecting. He was given a job to captain and play for BD cricket. We should judge him based on that. If he does not perform up to the task BCB has the option to terminate his job.
Old March 22, 2008, 04:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

ones minnow bashar, ones Mr. Inconsistent.....still they are they future of our Bangla. LET WISH THEM BEST OF fluck.

Last edited by desirocker; March 23, 2008 at 05:15 AM..
Old March 22, 2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

SN is one of my best player of BD..he has every thing about a International batsmanship..he has brain, good technic, doesn't look like a boy, has good temper with good eye sight and definatly should captain BD..Ash is just a immature hit and miss "batsman"...he should be dropped!
Old March 22, 2008, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

SN is only good against ireland and ash is only good couple of times of year. i hope these guys prove me wrong!!!

BTW, arnab's comment about ashraful's background is disturbing. I hope this is not his true feeling, may be he is going through an angry phase!
Old March 22, 2008, 07:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Shahriar Nafees is obviously better. He comes from my school, therefore well-educated. Ashraful was a little tokai ballboy in Siddheshwori.
as far as i understand...the question was asked based on how they are performing?? not where they come from, not how rich their family is, and not how educated they are??
Old March 22, 2008, 07:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Such discriminatory comments made by a BC admin reflects very poorly on the site. Actually I am quite apalled by what was said. It just reeks of ignorance.Do you still stand by what you said?
Old March 22, 2008, 07:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
SN is only good against ireland and ash is only good couple of times of year. i hope these guys prove me wrong!!!

BTW, arnab's comment about ashraful's background is disturbing. I hope this is not his true feeling, may be he is going through an angry phase!
Yes...and the 3 hundreds against Zimbabwe don't count.
Old March 22, 2008, 08:17 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,Shakib,Dhiman

It's disturbing to see an admin comment about ashraful's background in such a derogatory manner...........reflects very poorly on BC
Old March 23, 2008, 01:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

if regular posters can be banned from the forum, admins should face some consequences too. if anyone deserves the boot, this ignorant fool would be a deserving candidate. chuck him out and bc will be better for it!
Old March 23, 2008, 01:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

i prefer SN
Old March 23, 2008, 04:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I am writing this with extreme dissapointment and sadness to state the fact that in a truly educated, liberated and cultured society Arnab's comments regarding our national team captain's social class background is very poor in taste and totally unacceptable! We must always remember that when we fought a war, sacrificed our lives and blood in order to give birth to this land, this identity that both our Ashraful and Nafees represent, there was no barrier or wall between two Bangalies of two different economic or educational backgrounds especially when the cause is so big and so beautiful. Arnab, it's much bigger than you and me. Like a fellow member said in an earlier post, if a natianl team member read or see these posts it will only bring more negetive emotions to team that is already so young, inexperienced and fragile. Please let's not devide, rather unite! We are Bangladesh, we are the Tigers! Poor and rich, scholar or the unfortunate one who never walked pass the gates of a school, good looking or not so, our Hindu, Muslim, Budhist, Catholic or Chakma, we are all in it together! I hope we don't allow this kind of degrading, destructive comments in the future from anybody and especially from an administrator of Banglacricket.com who has a moral responsibility to do anyhting in your power to bring positives to Bangladesh cricket not harm and division! I hope neither Nafees nor Ashraful or in that case anybody from our national team ever see this thread.
May Allah bless Bangladesh, may Allah bless Ashraful, Shahriar Nafees and the Tigers, in the jungle of Sundarban and at the stadium!
Old March 23, 2008, 05:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirocker
ones minnow bashar, ones Mr. Inconsistent.....still they are they future of our Bangla. LET WISH THEM BEST OF fluck.
pakistan series is cruical for both of them
Old March 23, 2008, 07:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Shahriar Nafees hands down...more consistent and definitely better cricket knowledge and no doubt a future captain....Ash is more entertaining though....But cricket is a sport where winning matters not a soap opera.
Old March 23, 2008, 07:43 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
I personally worked as a ball boy in my early days as a cricketer just to get the opportunity to be a part of the net practice of a first division club in Khulna. Later, I played for that club for two seasons. Ashraful's scenario was nothing different, he worked as a net boy to get the opportunity to play for Amarjyoti club in Siddheswary.

I was a mediocre cricketer and concentrated on my education which helped me to get the highest degree from the best educational institutions of Bangladesh. Ashraful is a genius and he has gone on to build his career on his cricketing abilities.

I am sorry, I can't see any merit in your statement.

- as a member.
Old March 23, 2008, 08:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I personally worked as a ball boy in my early days as a cricketer just to get the opportunity to be a part of the net practice of a first division club in Khulna. Later, I played for that club for two seasons. Ashraful's scenario was nothing different, he worked as a net boy to get the opportunity to play for Amarjyoti club in Siddheswary.

I was a mediocre cricketer and concentrated on my education which helped me to get the highest degree from the best educational institutions of Bangladesh. Ashraful is a genius and he has gone on to build his career on his cricketing abilities.

I am sorry, I can't see any merit in your statement.

- as a member.
Ditto.
Old March 23, 2008, 08:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid

Comparison - Ashraful, Zunaed ,Nafees

Ashraful

Talentwise Ashraful has no comparison.

Bangladesh always won when Ashraful clicked – Bangaldesh’s famous victory against Australia, Bangladesh’s incredible victory against South Africa in the One day World Cup, Bangladesh’s awesome victory against West Indies in the World 20-20 tournament.

Can Nafeez or Zunaid play shots that Ashraful does ? . Those innings are masterpieces of Ashraful .

I think Selectors and Coach Siddons is to be blamed for Ashraful’s poor performance against Newzealand and South Africa for playing him up the order where he has been a big failure as results shows .

Ashraful himself confessed sometime back that he is comfortable playing 3 or 4 down. So the selectors and Coach should not force him to play at a higher position and waste his input.

Even a batsmen of Inzammam’s caliber felt uncomfortable playing at one down despite pressure from selector and the legend Imran Khan.

He was comfortable at 2 or three down and made most of his big scores.

Selectors and coach should have respect for a player’s comfort level.

Ash is no doubt an incredible talent if handled properly. I sincerely hope Siddons should give special time to him to iron out his deficiencies and temperament.

Zunaed

Zunaed in terms of temperament and playing along the ground and on the air is better than Ashraful or Nafees. If any of the reader has a video clip of Pakistan and Bangladesh 20 -20 world cup match . As noted by famous Ian Chappel in that match- He is naturally gifted and appears to see the ball earlier than others. His debut 70 plus score was a master piece against top pace attack of Pakistan.

Nafees

Nafees is good . No doubt he had recently 3 Half centuries against Ireland and good performance against Zimbabwe. However these teams comprised of mediocre pace attack.

However his two innings against Australia at home was pure class.

I am sure Siddons is working on him to iron out his deficiencies and enhance his batting skills

So the above basis,, I would them in the following order :

1. Ashraful
2. Junaed
3. Nafees
Old March 23, 2008, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
I find this comment by a senior member here very distasteful and lack finesse. I can see his hatred for Ashraful, is it that Ashraful has not performed well recently or is that Arnab is thoroughly disturbed that Ashraful has come from a mediocre family background and did not finish his schooling to reach where he is.

What sin is there to be a ball boy, in a TV special, he said that he became a ball boy to watch the seniors play cricket, hoping that one day that they will ask him to join them. He endured it for a couple of seasons before they even saw fit to say two words to him.
One has to admire the tenacity and patience and of a young 11 year old at that time, he could have been somewhere else enjoying himself, but because he loved cricket so much and thought that this was the only way to get noticed, he followed his instincts and it payed off.
He has had to work hard to climb the ladder, he did not have any shortcuts and no relatives to help him to secure a place in the team. By dint of hard work and complete dedication, he has reached where he is, it was not handed to him on a platter.

We are all children of Allah, though some of us are more fortunate than others but that does not mean that the more fortunate ones should look down on the less fortunate, and feel superior. We are all temporary travellers on this earth.
I feel that Ash has been blessed in his own way, he is loved by millions of people in Bangladesh, he has world recognition,has a huge fan base outside Bangladesh and most of all he is very good and kind to his family.
Also, captaincy has made him a better person IMO.
Old March 23, 2008, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

as a batsman ashraful is better, no doubt. SN may have scored some runs against lowly opposition, but against good attacks he struggles. ash himself struggles as well but he can show some quality innings against quality opposition in his defence. both are inconsistent though against good teams.

but SN is better in captaincy material. one needs a good background and have some innate qualities to lead a team. a hard working and gutsy captain can inspire others, a talented captain cannot. because people cannot immitate talent. He addresses the media better, which I think a captain needs as he is the ambassador of his team.
Old March 23, 2008, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
now that was funny... a little light-hearted joke nothing more