facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old June 20, 2005, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
ek moder botol dise dekhe koto kahini howe gelo...amader asholei kono kaam nai
sukhe thakle bhute kilay arki :P

Old June 20, 2005, 01:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally posted by radicalsami
regardless of the fact if the constitution begins with "Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim" or not, Bangladesh is officially a secular nation, been that way for a while.

Most of what I would like to say has been said already. Its a trophy, nothing more nothing less... no one saw the Bd player drinking it... and if they all drank it in private... good for them...
and what values are you talking abt??? Bangladeshis aborad drink, Bangladeshis in Bangladesh drinks... (over-generalizing a bit here) its abt personal preferences.

This was not culturally incensitive even by a longshot. Diloi na hoi champagne ki hoi tatay? When and if you become a MOM and get presented with a champagne, choose NOT to take it.
Yeah, Bangladesh is also officially a "democratic" country too

Do you just go by labels or how Bangladeshis behave home and abroad?? BTW, if you study Islam carefully you will see the true spirit of secularism there. I encourage you to study the history of Islam in Spain( Andalusia).

Champagne is not just a trophy, its alchohol pure and simple.
It was rather absurd to see and hear Ash thanking Allah while clutching on to a bottle. Isn't it just- ho jo bo ro lo- just like our cricket sometimes! He is young and not so intelligent but where were the management? May be its for them!

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 6:26 PM GMT, by BanCricFan.
Old June 20, 2005, 01:28 PM
Street Cricketer

It is actually good to have a discussion like this. This discussion showed that more members here are religiously unbiased. That probably is the reason that people like myself are spending more and more time here.
Old June 20, 2005, 01:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
ek moder botol dise dekhe koto kahini howe gelo...amader asholei kono kaam nai
fazlami-r aar jaiga pai na...
koto boro SHAHOSH ei Firingi British-er
Moder botol tule dai ek Musalman-er hate ????
Old June 20, 2005, 01:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BushidoTiger

Why is that we have to dissect every thing and look for phantom agenda on EVERY gesture? Somebody brings it up and there goes one fatwa just to be trumped by yet another one.
U don't like SHARIA_LAW? no?
These days the so-called Islamists are popping up like mushrooms

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 6:44 PM GMT, by ekatturerBangalee.
Old June 20, 2005, 01:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

[quote]Originally posted by mwrkhan
Quote:
Originally posted by BanglaCool

This is really not a big deal.
Well if you pay attention to all alcohol related violence, crime( 90% 0f all campus rape in States) and murders then you may come to realise the adverse affect of alcohol in any society. Islamic philosophy or ethics is based on "prevention is better than cure" therefore, it doesn't even allow in moderations! Its totally HARAM!
Old June 20, 2005, 01:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Humor the most powerful weapon ------- A Comedian's sketch:

"...I had just walked off the comedy stage glad the audience spoke English when a young man who identified himself as a “devout Muslim” came up and asked me a question.

“Why are you making fun of 72 virgins?” he asked, face flushed with ire.

“I’m not making fun of 72 virgins,” I said.

“Yes you are,” he insisted, calling it “haram,” the Arabic word for “a sin.”

“No. I am making fun of the idea that you can kill your sister if some stranger says she slept with a strange man, but it’s OK to enjoy 72 virgins if you die for a good cause.”

That only made him more agitated. He explained that according to his religion, those who sacrifice themselves for a just cause will enjoy the beauty of heaven and 72 virgins. into Paradise will be rewarded with blessings that eclipse anything on earth; unlimited food of your choice, riches, and wishes come true. Things considered sinful on Earth such as wine will be allowed, and people will be able to eat and drink all they want and not get full or hungover or sick. "
Old June 20, 2005, 02:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Man Whats wrong with all of you........... What the hell of it in popping all these Middle

Eastern Craps here. I guess Ash would have been better off by not taking the bottle in public,

rather go at night to buy a bottle of Fine Russian Vodka to save all you zihadis here.

Now if you wanna talk about relegion, let me talk about relegion........ All the great BD ppl

who live abroad (including my self) why dont you go back to your home country and establish the

"""ISLAMIC STATE""""" rather than living in a foreign country (Please dont talk about the crap

that my parents brought me here) because the welfare system you live in is based on alcohol, the

house your buying is mortgaged (HARAM!!!! INTEREST), the car you r driving is Insured ( Only

ALLAH is your insurance !!!!) the economic system you are living is based on interest

(HARAM)........ So why the hell you guys are not going back to your dreamy Islamic state with

all you zihadis with you to build a State with "tyrany" and suicidal squad as your military men.

And for those who lives in middle east (Especially Saudi or Kwait or Katar) there is a huge

world outside the stupid Arab brothers (No offence to the middle eastern though and btw Iranians

are not Arabs so are the Most egyptians), who likes to bang white chicks with blond hair and

blue eyes just by going to as close as morocco. So please dont dare to bring the hypocratic

Middle east here. and as for Pakistan praisers, Please follow the lead of Jamat E Islami and get

the hell out of Bangladesh including you so called "ALLAH" and HIS Praisers "matiur and

Gong"(Cause you are not legally entiteled to be a Bangaldeshi any more no matter what Khaleda or

hasina says, cause you are oposing the constitution).

finally the ppl who are living in Bangladesh, we all know who drinks and who does not. there is

a much sober way of drinking present in other countries including UAE. (By the way to all

pakistan lovers Alcohole was more easily available during Pakistan period than now...go ask your

wise daddy)....... And taking a bottle of Champagne does not make any difference wahts so ever.

All they are doing with it is celebration.. spraying it all over. nothing wrong with it and i

guess no relegion prohibates that...

and if anyone think use of alcohole is Haram (not only drinking) then please stop wearing any

clothing or use any Dyes of any sort, please dont use any plastics, please ride on a car, dont

read books, dont come infront of the computer for surely and please avoid everything you need or

discover halal computer, halal car or halal books including halal computers..............
Old June 20, 2005, 02:24 PM
BC Editorial Team

Ok, enough is enough. This thread is pointless and does not belong in a cricketing discussion. I'm not going to be drawn into debates on cultural sensitivity, PC, or religion here. This thread is closed - move on to something else. "I hear Sham went and harassed Manzurul Rana" - there that should keep you agitators busy for a while
Old June 20, 2005, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Topic Open:

Oh my God, what have I done to you man? You are going to get me killed!!

Topic closed!
Closed Thread