facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 22, 2006, 12:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Very interesting article. The quoted part below more or less says it all.

Quote:
.... Cricket for South Asians across the world provides a space where all differences are overcome. The assertion of an Indian or Bangladeshi identity globally, expression of cultural nationalism or feeling of emotional commonality are all rooted in cricket.

Old December 22, 2006, 12:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

I didn't like some of his points. Specially this one:

"Interestingly, a poll conducted by a national daily in India a couple of years ago on the attitudes of the Indian youth found that more than 50% of the respondents, given a chance, would live in some other country. This figure might have been higher for Bangladesh given the continuing political and economic instability in the country."

How does he know that about Bangladeshi youth. If he cited a poll by a BD daily it would have been more professional. He just assumes that. Anyways, for both youth in India and BD, if they want to do that it's because of economic reasons, does not make them less patriotic. They just want to be productive people and earn a decent living. It would have been better if Mr. Majumdar mentioned that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD4eva
Pretty good news........Btw, the writer is the worst Ive seen... Amazing how he could make a rather interesting piece of news, look like the most boring story on the planet. I almost fell asleep reading it! (Ofcourse, i havent slept for 3 days, so dat cud be a a factor )
Old December 22, 2006, 08:40 PM
Banned

BD has no chance of moving up the championship, writes this Boria guy. Really?? Is that not even statistically possible??

Bangladeshi "diaspora" to the US? What does that mean? Are Bangladeshis fleeing their homeland en mass ?

Sounds like yet another Indian p_ _ _y too eager to look up the dictionary every chance he gets.
Old December 23, 2006, 01:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

who knows, hopefully we can snap up the win against the Indians in the wc match..
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 24, 2007, 09:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

anyone from melbourne can you please conferm.. will the India Vs Bangladesh Match will be shown live at Federation Square?
Old February 24, 2007, 12:07 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Since everybody is saying something, I guess I should, too.

I have taken leave from my job on 18th and 22nd March 2007. Since 26th March is the national holiday anyway, and because Bangladesh's matches will be held on 17th, 21st and 25th March 2007, so I'll be able to watch the matches live, bearing that we have electricity and cable on TV are OK.

Old February 24, 2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
Since everybody is saying something, I guess I should, too.

I have taken leave from my job on 18th and 22nd March 2007. Since 26th March is the national holiday anyway, and because Bangladesh's matches will be held on 17th, 21st and 25th March 2007, so I'll be able to watch the matches live, bearing that we have electricity and cable on TV are OK.

I was wondering why 18th? Now I know...watching games at night and sleeping with a sweet memory at day time! But, pls. no "Day" dream...!! 2nd round is good for us for now>
Old February 25, 2007, 02:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mullah, Fizz, SS
Default hai allah!!!

i just want one thing..if bd could make it 2 the super eight...
Junior
Old February 26, 2007, 10:50 AM
Club Cricketer

Maann! I'd been saving up to go see the India-BD match with my palsbut i just ended up buying a ps3 with it instead=(
Old February 26, 2007, 11:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Those of whom are going, this is a check list. Make sure you have all that.
If signs are not made before the game then:

Sheets of white paper (the hard ones)
Packed of color Sharpie (green and red prefered; black will be ok)
Tape (scotch)
head bands
Sun glass
Cheek flag stickers
Flags (big enough for two person to uphold)
Binaculars
running shoes
pocket full of sandwitches / samosa.
if possible a drum (this is the best).

Bannar: Another option is to buy a bedsheets (full size - white) and paint over it. Now you can be creative. Draw wickets, balls and cartoons on it like Tendu getting out.

Don't take water bottles, sharp objects, can openers, cigerates, lighters.

Any sign less than 2 feet won't be viewable because of the glare and stuff. Make sure the letter "i" width are a minimum of 2". Other letters should be proportionate.

Good luck to all of you who are going!! Have a safe journey, and know this: my pair of eyes will be searching you guys on the TV screens!! Inshallah we will be smiling at the end of 17th March.
Old February 26, 2007, 04:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

well said Mijan bhai.

also a health tip: TAKE SUNSCREEN AND APPLY LIBERALLY

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 11, 2007, 12:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Bangladesh-India match: sold out

Quote:
Another Oval match sold outSunday, March 11 2007

ANOTHER World Cup Cricket match in Group “B” — India versus Bangladesh — to be staged at the Queen’s Park Oval has been sold out.
And Anand Daniel, Chief Executive Officer of the Local Organising Committee (LOC), has said this is because of the Bangladesh victory over New Zealand in their warm-up match on Tuesday last.

According to Daniel, the upset result showed that the World Cup is wide open and will be very interesting. The Kiwis recently steamrolled defending World Cup champions Australia recently in the Chappell-Hadlee Series.

Up to Friday, the encounter between India and Sri Lanka was the only sold out match of the group which will be played at the Oval.

Daniels said Bangladesh have been lifted by the victory and placed them as spoilers in the group. The Indian team on Friday humbled hosts West Indies in their final warm-up match in Trelawny, Jamaica.

Daniels said the other matches in the group are now 70 percent sold out and expectations are that all the matches will be played before capacity crowds. Group “B” comprise India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Bermuda who are coached by former Trinidad and Tobago’s and West Indies cricketer Gus Logie.

The Opening Ceremony for the Cricket World Cup gets going today from 6.15 pm (TT time) at Trelawny and will be carried live on CNMG (Channels 6 and 9). Daniels said yesterday he was confident that Group “B” matches at the Oval will be staged smoothly.

On Friday, Newsday reported exclusively that the venue was struggling to be completed in time for the staging of the group phase of the tournament. There was still a lot of work being done to complete the entrances to the Elizabeth Street and the “Party Posse” Stands which replaced the Carib Beer and Trini Posse stands.

Daniels said whatever is happening on the outside of the Oval will not affect the competition that will take place inside. He said work on the stands was completed and the pitch has been tried and tested so he saw no reason why the matches could not be successfully staged.

He admitted his organisation faced some minor difficulties in completing the stands and sorting out the tickets on their arrival in the country, but said he felt thrilled when he saw the 5,000 capacity crowd at the UWI venue for the staging of the last warm-up match on Friday between South Africa and Pakistan.

Last edited by reverse_swing; March 11, 2007 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: mod.action:thread merged.