facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 28, 2012, 03:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Sorry dilly, this thread is only for teams ranked ahead of us.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old January 28, 2012, 04:57 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I posted that here because there was no thread available for that series. You opened on like couple min later lol
Old February 6, 2012, 09:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
End of match: So the No.1 syndrome bites England, after it hit India. After the highs of 4-0 in the summer, it's now 0-3. Clearly blown away by Pakistan's supremacy in their adopted home. Team Misbah is the one everyone would want to beat. After the Summer of Shame in 2010, Pakistan have performed remarkably under a captain, who all but wrote off his career a couple of years ago. He even talked about burning his kit. It's never too late, even if you're on the wrong side of 30.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...ch/531630.html
I think the current performance of Ind & Eng,the number 1 teams(not long ago) both getting whitewashed shows how difficult Test cricket is,
at least to me it has become more understandable why We are still not winning against big teams.
Old February 6, 2012, 12:49 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

ENG was just whitewashed by PAK. PAK is probably the most dangerous team.

BD does not lack in talent, as one can see from the "under" teams. But, it seldom gets carried over to the national side. Having a strong domestic league like AUS or PAK can do wonders. Still awaiting SHC's return, if it ever happens...
Old February 6, 2012, 01:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

It's mostly Indians who are always asking to remove Bd's test status. Away from home Bd is as good as India, I don't remember the last time we lost 8 test matches in a row away from home with 4 by an innings. Atleast we usually put up somewhat of a fight.
Old February 6, 2012, 06:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
ENG was just whitewashed by PAK. PAK is probably the most dangerous team.

BD does not lack in talent, as one can see from the "under" teams. But, it seldom gets carried over to the national side. Having a strong domestic league like AUS or PAK can do wonders. Still awaiting SHC's return, if it ever happens...
Comparing Bangladesh poor record and comparing it to Australia's loss to New Zealand wont help.

Australia are in my opinion the best team in the world at the moment.

I closely observe every team and Bangladesh is my favourite team but there are many things that let down Bangladesh

1. No variation in pace bowling - The pace bowlers dont stick to a simple line and length and it is sad because pace bowlers are the basic set up for a cricket team. Pace bowlers create the firepower and generally should get the most wickets. Its sad to see that the spinners have to take all the wickets.

2. Grassroots - I live in sydney and i can see lots of Bengali players that are as good as other Australian players. Why? Because Bengali's are naturally talented and since they are exposed to the Aussie life which is to be energetic.

There are lots of good Bengali pace bowlers in Australia and that goes to show the system that is set up in Australia are fantastic and it allows young players to develop

Bangladeshi's are naturally lazy people so we need to look to put talented young players in Bangladesh and send them to cricketing academy's in Australia so they can mix with the best and hopefull understand what is needed to be done to be with the best.

I bet you if players like Rubel Hossain, Shahriar Nafees or Imrul Kayes lived in Australia throughout their whole life then they would have been up there with the best in the world.

3. Energy on the field - Banglasesh aren't energetic on the field and if everyone is enegertic it pumps the team up.

4. Panic - How many times have we lost games that we couldve won or drew? We need to learn to work under pressure.
Old February 11, 2012, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Apparently there is a formula for the difference of the number of runs per wicket differential between opposing teams that create the classification for test worthiness - extolled by Atherton on the air during the BD-ENG series in England. I think Nasser Hussain joined Atherton on that bus of status-bashing. And then Boycott was chiming in as a reporter on some newspaper. I would like to see a payback of those words. Man those words hurt, kintu ki korbo obhaga bangali fan - had to hojomm those words. I am waiting for that day when we will become Lion killers. I hope the Pakistanis get a stab at them though.

Had to put my feelings down on the BC page. Thanks for listening.
why we rely on pakistanis for some semblance of revenge? at my university, indians and pakistanis remark bangladesh should lose her test status. "ireland is better, now even afghanistan is better"...words like that. we are losing each game, but we dont get reward if others are doing bad also. only when we win will others respect our team.

i think maybe we were having test status early. but the job now is to make good on it and bring pride to .

my happy days will come when we beat big mouthed pakistanis and indians in cricket.