facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 27, 2005, 07:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well! its official! Rafique has a temper problem...Hopefully he will work on it...but more importantly he should have the good sense to know afterwards that he was out of line and that he needs to apologise. Not everyone is the same...Every team will have its colourful characters...qualities that may help you on-field may get you into trouble off it...as long as everyone concerned keeps it in perspective! Discipline is key and the law should be laid down in a manner in which it is most effective.

Old January 27, 2005, 11:50 PM
Banned

u know what i say rafiq is a tiger . what ever he does , for that some thing cause always left in behind. rafiq only said shut up and raise his bat, but if i am in the rafiq place than i should hit the physico and brake his head in two picecs.
Old January 28, 2005, 12:07 AM
Test Cricketer

mohammed rafique has some atitude problem. but he is one of our most valuable player if not the most valuable player. i hope he can keep his temper down because he is the most senior player in the team. he needs to set good example for the young players. i hope he uses him anger in next two matches and rocks zimbabwes batting.
Old January 28, 2005, 12:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Rafique's market was on fire? Which one, Banga bazaar?

And what happened last time with Bash in Jeembabwe?
Old January 28, 2005, 01:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

it is unfortunate that we are passing judgement on Rafique without actually knowing what went down during the practice session... people, don't forget that we are after all hot headed bangalis... tto my fellow expats - stop acting white, will ya? anger management counseling doesn't apply for our cricketers... they are already too docile to the point of being effeminate... the guy just lost his investments... add to that our dismal performance in the first two games... give our true tiger a break...
Old January 28, 2005, 07:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

then you definitely need to see a shrink!

Quote:
Originally posted by sutru
u know what i say rafiq is a tiger . what ever he does , for that some thing cause always left in behind. rafiq only said shut up and raise his bat, but if i am in the rafiq place than i should hit the physico and brake his head in two picecs.
Old January 28, 2005, 08:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Flip Master Mick
it is unfortunate that we are passing judgement on Rafique without actually knowing what went down during the practice session... the guy just lost his investments... add to that our dismal performance in the first two games... give our true tiger a break...
I agree. But he should not lose his temperament and shout with offensive gesture. I believe M. Rafiq was at the end of his patience after all the negatives happened to him and to the team and country.
Let's hope he calms his anger by taking more wickets and scoring more runs tomorrow.
Old January 28, 2005, 09:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Bloody crap. Because of this incident our team might go down!
Old January 28, 2005, 10:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by sutru
and then go to jail for 1st degree murder. Ok may be not (for you), you may have a Mama.... but Rafique doesn't have any. Therefore he would be in jail by now.
Old January 28, 2005, 10:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Maybe Rafique is frustrated that Enamul Huque jr. has stolen his thunder a wee bit.
Old January 28, 2005, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol

posted on 1/27/2005 at 01:44 PM
you guys are making a big deal out of a small incident. This won't change anything.

Passionate & aggressive people are needed for some functions in sports as well as life. These traits help them become successful at what they do where there talents may not have been enough. The sportrs industry is flooded with superstars who have tamper problems.

You want a dragon, it'll blow fire.
Quote:

posted on 1/27/2005 at 06:08 PM
oh how fast the fans will ditch him when Rafiq's talents will fade and/or Enamul catches up with him!

Rafiq is destined to die as a sad lonely man.

All this glitter and accolades in vein.

Curse of a sports superstar.

Originally posted by BD Tigers
pagol-chagol ki bolen..shamanno ghotona niye bolen je rafique will die sad, alone....I just hope u really didnt mean that. if you did..then thak ar bollam na..u really need to check yr head to a doctor.

what Rafique did is punishable and that shud be done after the series and same goes for Hunt. But Rafique do need a course on anger management.
As you can see my first post stated how insignificant this issue is...

People came down so hard on him for this. Once his skills erode and his temper escalates with age he will be treated worse than a used tampons by most of his current fans. Got it?

I hope this explanation will convince you not to send me to a psychatrist as my insurance only covers 30 visits a year and I have used it all up already.
Old January 28, 2005, 01:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

I hope this explanation will convince you not to send me to a psychatrist as my insurance only covers 30 visits a year and I have used it all up already.

Its just January 28. And you already used all of them?

Session in every day plus couple of double session per day.... Matha ta tahole Bhaloee Kharap.

Hmmmm.. Have you thought about that mental hospital in BD?

Edited on, January 28, 2005, 6:00 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old January 28, 2005, 01:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Well it looks like we all are one-sidedly blaming Rafique for the whole incidence. We are not thinking about the other side of the story. We don't know what the physio said to him. It might be something really really offending..... and that's why raqfique reacted so oddly. Before bashing Rafiq we should have known that part too. You guys are giving David Hunt a free pass.....wow!!!!
Old January 28, 2005, 01:24 PM
Test Cricketer

What could be so offensive that someone would raise a bat to hit someone in front of his opponents, his team, journalists and all the well-wishers who were watching them practice?

If anyone says something offending to me, I don't raise a bat and chiase him through the ground I would confront him verbally. The fact that he is one of the senior-most-talented player in the team, and the fact he is a hero and idol to most yougster, and that he has done it before (with the captain) leaves a bad taste.

Last time he had a fight because (if I recall correctly) someone suggested that Enam (or someone else) was a better bowler than him. Go figure.

I admit he is a great asset to our team, and he has proved himself several times over; but nothing gives him a passport to do whatever he wants. he is a professional cricketer not a "chipa-goli" player.

Having said all that, I hope he gets his **** together before the next game.

Blah
Old January 28, 2005, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

give rafiq a break
Actually give him 100 breaks.
And worship him the rest of your life.

If Rafiq wasn't born
most fans,even of this board, would have been rightfully screaming to take BD test status away. Before he came we could get any team all out, remember? It was a horrendous display of cricket. Any confidence we have in anything now, he started it.

He came and saved us.

Any doubts about that?
Old January 28, 2005, 01:51 PM
Test Cricketer

pagol, you are truely talking like one. No wonder.

He served the team well doesnt give him a righ to do whatever he wants. Maybe it's acceptable for you. But not everyone shares your level of tolerance. When you do it once, its a mistake when you do it again, its intentional.

No I will not give him a break, again.

Blah
Old January 28, 2005, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Blah - he didn't do anything to get prosecuted, it seems.

Why are blowing it out of proportion.

He didn't do "whatever". He said shut up to someone. So what. He can say "shut up' to anyone other than whatmore and his other gurus. Michael Jordan only respected Phil Jackson.
Old January 28, 2005, 02:44 PM
Test Cricketer

"Mohammad Rafique barely escaped disciplinary action ten months after he was forced to fly back home from Harare following a heated exchange with his captain Habibul Bashar.

The experienced left-arm spinner, who missed the first three one-day games because of a strained hamstring, lost his composure for the second time while going through a fitness test at the Bangabandhu National Stadium yesterday.

This time the leading wicket-taker of the country engaged in a verbal war with team physio Robbie Hunt at the latter stage of a gruelling one-hour fitness test.

A visibly excited Rafique, who was at that time practising running between the wickets, furiously raised his bat at Hunt before fitness trainer Stuart Karpinnen intervened.

The unsavory incident stunned members of both the Bangladesh and Zimbabwe teams, who were also training at the time.

Rafique then walked off the ground with his head hanging over his shoulder and stayed inside the dressing room for the reminder of the training. "

I assume you read it?
Old January 28, 2005, 04:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Blah - he didn't do anything to get prosecuted, it seems.

Why are blowing it out of proportion.

He didn't do "whatever". He said shut up to someone. So what. He can say "shut up' to anyone other than whatmore and his other gurus. Michael Jordan only respected Phil Jackson.
i agree with pagol-chagol.:P

just saying shut up to someone or raising bat is not that a great offence when you consider an incident where wasim akram punched amir sohail ........ and surprise surprise , they played together in many matches after that. It is sports, physical stuff, players are going to have hot heads and they know that themselves more or less, but not us armchair supporters
Old January 28, 2005, 05:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Two points:

1) Yes, we don't know what caused Rafique's outburst. And if the physiotherapist said something offensive then, yes, he too should be held responsible.

2) However, that's doesn't excuse his raising his bat at someone.

There are some of you here who point at bratty superstars and use them as examples for condoning rude behaviour. Just because those "icons" of yours never learnt good sportsmanship is no reason for our boys to emulate them.

Edited on, January 28, 2005, 10:32 PM GMT, by shaad.