facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 29, 2008, 06:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Rahim, the way he was shuffling across his crease, was seriously out of form for a while now IMO - a far cry from his outstanding 80 odd test innings in Sri Lanka . His keeping definitely needs improvement and consistency but he showed flashes of brilliance with some incredible takes as well.

I thought Dhiman got into the team on the back of very consistent and outstanding form in domestic and A-team matches. May be he is still working out his nerves but the way he struggled to even rotate the strike against SA was not too encouraging. If I remember correctly he has also dropped a couple of catches along the way and taken a couple of good ones. I am not a keeping expert but I haven't seen much difference in keeping ability between the two yet.

Either way, now that Dhiman has been given an opportunity he should be given a fair go. Hopefully he will get his act together and show us his true ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i'd say rahim wasn't out of form he just wasn't ready to be consistently good at this level. plus, who says dhiman is in-form? we don't know if he is or not because he really hasn't had that much of a chance to show us.

keeping wise i think most people would say that dhiman is better than rahim. also keeping should be their #1 priority, if they're not up to standard in that department they shouldn't even be considered for the national team. batting is a bonus, yes every team looks for a good keeper batsmen but they also understand that the keeping has to be up to standard.
Old March 29, 2008, 06:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat

ghosh looks good better and fired up more than mushfiq i think great catches more better agility and speed this guy is good.er.
Old March 29, 2008, 07:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

well that's kind of my point, rahim has 3 50+ scores in international cricket in 38 innings. basically he showed he has the ability to play at this level but obviously isn't ready to pump out that ability day in day out. which is why i don't believe he was out of form, he just wasn't quite ready for this level yet. at this point i'd say rahim has just had a couple of really good days, he didn't do it often enough to suggest the rest of the time he was just out of form.

as for dhiman, well his A team matches were all early 2005 or earlier and his A team batting record is poor so i'm sure his A team performances didn't play any part in him getting selected (he did have a couple of good academy performances last year though). he does average 46 in NCL list A cricket, but for the recent NCL list A season although still pretty good his average was only 38, also he was the leading wicketkeeper in dismissals in FC NCL matches this season.

but i think dhiman's selection was more due to rahim not performing moreso than his domestic performances. atm i think it's tough to say whether dhiman's batting is going to help much, it might just take one good performance to get comfortable and settle the nerves then he could perform well from then on. or maybe he's like rahim and not ready for this level, to early to call imo.
Old March 29, 2008, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I don't see how someone coming in at #8 can do a whole lot of good to the team's batting.
Old March 30, 2008, 11:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I don't see how someone coming in at #8 can do a whole lot of good to the team's batting.
thats it.

somebody at no 8 should not be the man to score u the runs.

it should be the top 6.

so wheteher it is mushfik, pilot, dhima first we should look who is the best keeper.

we should not think who is the best batsman coming at no 7-8 or who can be sent up the order at no 3 or 4.

we have enough players who can play up the order.
Old March 29, 2008, 07:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

tell that to milon, the guy got 144 of 89 balls batting at 8 in a domestic list A match, i do kind of agree but if they're a decent batsman they should still have a decent average batting that low because they should be getting quite a few not outs. anyway i do have reasonable expectations of dhiman with the bat and so far he hasn't lived up to standard but he still hasn't played many matches and had many decent chances to show his stuff.
Old March 31, 2008, 07:21 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Mushfiq just striked form with 135+ and the match before scored a 85 I believe. Dhiman should feel the pressure. He has to really impress us or else Mushfiq gets the call back.
Old March 31, 2008, 08:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Can Mushfiq come to the team purely as a Batsman ?
I hope Dhiman can survive this pressure.
Old March 31, 2008, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Pressure is good. Mushfiq is showing character and fighting back. Now, it's time for Dhiman to reply. Hold on to your seats.
Old March 31, 2008, 09:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Good thing! Now our WK Dhiman has a pressure from Mushi, openers Tamim and Nafis has a pressure from Junaid, Mash and Russel have a pressure from Shahadat, Razzak has pressure from Enamul, .... all good for the team.
I hope our Top and Middle order should also be pressured by someone deserving in those playing orders.
Old March 31, 2008, 11:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Is he any way related to Anju Ghosh?
Old March 31, 2008, 11:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

or to panna ghosh?
Old March 31, 2008, 06:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Dhiman retained for the Pakistan tour. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. Dhiman's in the team as a wicketkeeper first and foremost. Sending him at the top by putting Sakib al Hasan down wouldn't be a bad idea because he seems like a man for the crisis. Wicketkeepers are happiest when they make runs and let's face it keepers are all rounders as well. It won't be easy for him at the top or down but he's got to make use of wtv he's given. I don't think he will last long just my gut feeling.