facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 7, 2008, 08:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

"আলহামদুলিল্লাহ, আশরাফুল ইংরেজি শিখেছেন "

"all praises to the almighty Allah, Ashraful has learned English "

Old August 7, 2008, 08:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Ashraful to bank on bonding

Sports Reporter

Captain Mohammad Ashraful hopes to bank on an extended fitness camp when his side take on the mighty Australians at the end of this month.

Bangladesh rounded off a four-week camp in which much of the focus went to conditioning as well as fielding.

"This is the most gym we have done in the last two years," said Ashraful at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium yesterday ahead of their August 14 departure.

"We have put a lot of emphasis into our fitness and I think our time together (in the camp) would be fruitful," added the ace batsman.

However, much of the national players were playing in England with the Bangladesh A team during the camp. But Ashraful said that the experience would come in handy for his boys.

"We have spent four weeks together and it is a good, long camp and something that we haven't been on for a long time," said Ashraful before adding that he hoped to keep the tempo going in the three-match ODI series against the world champions.

DS report

I am surprised to hear this their toughest training camp in last 2 years
didn't ashraful recently say they focused on batting mainly? in this article they say they focused on conditioning and fielding. anyway, good to hear they're training hard and great to see siddons actually working with the team for a decent period of time.
Old August 8, 2008, 06:10 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i think rajib hits 140s in Tests fairly regularily...he's prolly just a touch slower than ishant sharma.
I have some bowling clips of both Rajib and Mashrafe Mortaza, from all those clips, I can say that Mash is much faster than Shahadat even in tests. Lets look at the speed of some of Shahadat's wicket taking deliveries:

R Dravid c Khaled Mashud b Shahadat Hossain 61
Speed 83.2mph / 133.9kph

ND McKenzie b Shahadat Hossain 226
Speed 80.1mph / 128.9kph

HM Amla lbw b Shahadat Hossain 38
Speed 77.6mph / 124.9kph

AG Prince b Shahadat Hossain 2
Speed 79.6mph / 128.0kph

GC Smith b Shahadat Hossain 10
Speed 79.3mph / 127.7kph

ND McKenzie lbw b Shahadat Hossain 5
Speed 79.8mph / 128.4 kph

J Botha lbw b Shahadat Hossain 25
Speed 79.6mph / 128.1kph

M Morkel c Mushfiqur Rahim b Shahadat Hossain 1
Speed 76.9mph / 123.8 kph

MV Boucher lbw b Shahadat Hossain 11
Speed 79.4mph / 127.9 kph

DW Steyn b Shahadat Hossain 7
Old August 8, 2008, 12:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

here is rajib against India last year...at one point his average pace was 137 k or 85 mph. he had several deliveries in the 140-143 k range.

in fact he bowled a beautiful ball to sachin tendulkar (at 3:46) which cut the little master in half, and was timed at 139.7 k. any other batsman would prolly have gotten out.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 8, 2008, 01:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
I have some bowling clips of both Rajib and Mashrafe Mortaza, from all those clips, I can say that Mash is much faster than Shahadat even in tests. Lets look at the speed of some of Shahadat's wicket taking deliveries:

R Dravid c Khaled Mashud b Shahadat Hossain 61
Speed 83.2mph / 133.9kph

ND McKenzie b Shahadat Hossain 226
Speed 80.1mph / 128.9kph

HM Amla lbw b Shahadat Hossain 38
Speed 77.6mph / 124.9kph

AG Prince b Shahadat Hossain 2
Speed 79.6mph / 128.0kph

GC Smith b Shahadat Hossain 10
Speed 79.3mph / 127.7kph

ND McKenzie lbw b Shahadat Hossain 5

J Botha lbw b Shahadat Hossain 25
Speed 79.6mph / 128.1kph

M Morkel c Mushfiqur Rahim b Shahadat Hossain 1
Speed 76.9mph / 123.8 kph

MV Boucher lbw b Shahadat Hossain 11
Speed 79.4mph / 127.9 kph

DW Steyn b Shahadat Hossain 7
The speed guns used by tensports and espn measure speeds
when the ball hits the ground ,where as neo sports,sky,nine and
other networks measure speed from the hand

I guess Nimbus uses the espn ten sports guns, So it probably safe to assume to give our pacers any where from a +3 to 5 mph

Going to use a Tennis Analogy, we play on Clay the ball doesn't carry to the keeper (Less Aces) .... England play on Grass, Rasels balls carry to the keeper (More Aces). Very Hard to gauge the speeds on the subcontinent. Ishant was Cracking 145 in Australia and now Mid 130s in Lanka
Old August 8, 2008, 04:00 PM
Cricket Sage

ishant was hitting 150+ in australia, and he's clocking up to 143 in lanka. he's not a right arm fast unless rajib and mash are too.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 8, 2008, 10:01 PM
Cricket Guru

doesn't ishant bowl consistently faster than both mash and rajib? also hits higher speeds as well (never seen rajib or mash hit 150+), i think ishant is a step up in pace compared to rajib and mash. it's not purely a matter of whether they can hit a certain speed, it's also how often they hit those speeds, and i'd say ishant hits higher speeds more consistently than rajib and mash.

ishant and johnson can touch the 150kph mark just like shoaib, lee and tait but that doesn't make them an express bowler like they are because they hit those speeds and higher speeds more consistently than ishant and johnson do it. ishant is predominately a fast-medium bowler who occasionally cranks it up to the speeds of out and out fast bowlers. mash and rajib are more medium-fast bowlers who sometimes get up to speeds of a fast-medium bowler.

depends on what you consider fast, fast-medium and medium-fast. personally i say 150kph+ consistently=fast, 140kph+ consistently=fast-medium, 130kph+ consistently=medium-fast, 120kph+ consistently=medium and less than that i guess you put as a slow bowler
Old August 9, 2008, 05:43 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

I agree with you Gowza. Ishant is way faster than our Mash-Shahadat. Ishant consistently bowls around 135-145 kph range.
Old August 9, 2008, 07:46 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
doesn't ishant bowl consistently faster than both mash and rajib? also hits higher speeds as well (never seen rajib or mash hit 150+), i think ishant is a step up in pace compared to rajib and mash. it's not purely a matter of whether they can hit a certain speed, it's also how often they hit those speeds, and i'd say ishant hits higher speeds more consistently than rajib and mash.

ishant and johnson can touch the 150kph mark just like shoaib, lee and tait but that doesn't make them an express bowler like they are because they hit those speeds and higher speeds more consistently than ishant and johnson do it. ishant is predominately a fast-medium bowler who occasionally cranks it up to the speeds of out and out fast bowlers. mash and rajib are more medium-fast bowlers who sometimes get up to speeds of a fast-medium bowler.

depends on what you consider fast, fast-medium and medium-fast. personally i say 150kph+ consistently=fast, 140kph+ consistently=fast-medium, 130kph+ consistently=medium-fast, 120kph+ consistently=medium and less than that i guess you put as a slow bowler
Couldn't say it better myself, you are 100% spot on Gowza bhai.
Old August 9, 2008, 09:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Couldn't say it better myself, you are 100% spot on Gowza bhai.
Gowza won't know what "bhai" means. Or may be now he'll know what it means.
Old August 9, 2008, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I just hope the granite slabs are out.
Old August 9, 2008, 12:06 PM
Cricket Sage

its true ishant is a bit faster....i.e from what CI reports, it seems his average pace in Test matches is 137-138 k...as compared to shahadat whose average pace is lower, and probably much lower because he seems to have a lot of 125 k deliveries in there bring down the average.

but as far as max speed, ishant hit 150 in australia but hasn't gotten anywhere near that since. i think the aussies measure speed out of the hand, because during the SL tour ishant has been quick, but not 150 quick...his fastest reported by CI has been 143 which incidentally is the fastest i have ever seen shahadat clock. i think shahadat deliberately uses a lot of slower deliveries and stuff. there is no way that he is just a 125 bowler and many of his deliveries are at that pace.

ishant and rajib have different speeds, because they are different types of bowlers. ishant likes to hit the deck hard and uses his height to great advantage. getting the ball to jump off a length. shahadat seems to have realized he doesn't have express pace, and for whatever reason doesn't wish or can't use his height as ishant does, and thus has now primarily become a swing and seam bowler. the only time shahadat gets a ball to jump, its because he bowls a deliberate bouncer. ishant gets it to jump of a length or even on a driveable length.

this is evident in the recent wicket analysis. shahadat has had most of his wickets from LBW decisions, whereas ishant gets his wickets by caught behind at keeper or slips.

but i'd say out and out, bowl-as-fast-as-you-damn-well-can, ishant wouldn't be much quicker than shahadat given all things equal (i.e form, rhythm, etc.).

but i'll agree in game situation - which is of ultimate importance - ishant is quite a bit quicker than shahadat. though i'm interested to see what speeds shahadat clocks in aussie land.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 9, 2008, 02:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

A lightning fast speed is not that important.

A certain McGrath with his gentle pace was far more accurate and deadlier than a lot of his faster counterparts.

I'd rather have Mash trying to achieve the feat of McGrath, relying on stingy line and length.
Rajib, well, faster would be good, but i hope he continues to bowl at his current pace with little more accuracy.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 9, 2008, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

To be honest everyone that has been considered express seems to become a fast medium pacer nowadays, i mean flintoff a reputable fast bowler, doesnt exceed 88mph, and morne morkel and steyn havent been bowling any 90mph balls.

ive only seen brett lee bowl multiple 90+ deliveries in one spell recently.
Old August 9, 2008, 06:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Default Find Andy Roberts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find Andy Roberts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Mashrafe was clearly the fastest and the best bowler on show yesterday (way better than those Indians). He was bowling at around high 80s and his fastest was 90.5 mph (plus he swinged it both ways). Its good to see him getting his pace back. He was forced to bowl around low 80s for the last couple of years after those career threatening injuries.

He just met his mentor Andy Roberts a week back in Antigua and Andy said he is geeting it back (that is his pace). Thanks to Andy for finding a true fast bowler for Bangladesh and guiding him to get his speed back.
Old August 9, 2008, 06:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Find Andy Roberts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mashrafe used to bowl a lot faster before but his bowling speed is not uto mark now. To me he is bowling at around 78-82 mph which is not good enough to trouble the batsmen of test playing nations and Mashrafe is still struggling to bowl fast.
Old August 10, 2008, 04:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Gowza won't know what "bhai" means. Or may be now he'll know what it means.
i always figured with the way it's used that it means brother, and someone in another thread kind of confirmed it.
Old August 10, 2008, 10:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i always figured with the way it's used that it means brother, and someone in another thread kind of confirmed it.

yep, brother it is.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 18, 2008, 02:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Last edited by cricman; August 18, 2008 at 05:50 AM..
Old August 18, 2008, 06:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Fruity lol nice choice of words from Ash
Did ash use those words or the translator/reporter?