facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 10, 2009, 02:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

After few matches in NCL it seems to me
1)SN
2)Rafique
3)Kapali
4)Aftab
5)H. Bashar none of them r over rated.
Further more Tapash,Rubel,Dhiman not doing bad !

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Old November 10, 2009, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
1)SN
2)Rafique
3)Kapali
4)Aftab

There is really only ONE player in BD cricket history who is over rated as far as expectations to capacity and ability is concerned.

To me the definition of over rated is continuously selecting someone just because they 'might have an Eid innings' even though they are out of form and history suggest they will most likely not.
Old November 10, 2009, 03:49 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
1)SN
2)Rafique
3)Kapali
4)Aftab

not sure about that
out of 14

monju, golam mabud, mahbubul mithu----not even discussable
rafiq----he was always great fighter
SN--still flop against big teams (still cant make his team win against big team like abahoni, mohamedan)
Rubel and dhiman----is he alive? no performance in DPL 20/20 and DPL --ODI

kapali---got some wkt and some runs in 20/20--- still no show in ODI
nazimuddin/aftab--so inconsistent, 20+ runs are not good enough for selection
farhad reza---- no big show yet but he is performing
bashar--surprisingly got back form--good news
tapash/sharif----doing okay to survive domestic league
Old November 10, 2009, 03:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

i will say--- some big performer so far---some are not too famous

1. Uttam sarker
2. sanjamul
3. farhad Hossain
4. najmul hossain Milon----doing well so far
5. marshall ayub--doing very well, allround capability also
Old November 10, 2009, 06:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
1)SN
2)Rafique
3)Kapali
4)Aftab

what!

Dhiman has done s*it all
Kapali has achieved some average bowling against domestic players
Bashar is playing test cricket w/o thinking of how to win e.g. today's performance
Old November 10, 2009, 11:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
There is really only ONE player in BD cricket history who is over rated as far as expectations to capacity and ability is concerned.

To me the definition of over rated is continuously selecting someone just because they 'might have an Eid innings' even though they are out of form and history suggest they will most likely not.
I agree with u there is only one player in Bangladesh who is overated.Others r ok.

Old November 14, 2009, 04:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman

Quote:
I agree with u there is only one player in Bangladesh who is overated.Others r ok.

This argument concerns someone who is well above such belittling.
Old November 14, 2009, 04:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
yes good points as well..but gotta go with auntu bhai on this..

4. Also people oevrrate SN way too much..the guy just beats up on minnows..his last ODI 50 was against Sri Lanka in 2005..Zunaed also has shown signs of improvement and even better Tamim looks very comfortable playing with himn as well..Tamim and SN never could really get it going together..our star opener is Tamim..we just need a guy who can give solid support to him..not a guy who gets out single digits to great 8 teams..

People for some reason think these ICL players are gonna make us a great team when in reality we already have good players that didn't play in ICL..I guess people just want to watch these players again..I would'nt mind having SN in for Imrul in the ODI teams but not instead of Zunaed..also maybe Aftab for Mehrab but not instead of Ash..but again let's see if they can impress in domestic competitions and then let's talk..
I hope you changed your mind on this, please note he has a century in a test against such opponent bowling, against whom any cricketer in any space-time continuum would give everything to achieve one.
Old November 14, 2009, 04:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
what!

Dhiman has done s*it all
Kapali has achieved some average bowling against domestic players
Bashar is playing test cricket w/o thinking of how to win e.g. today's performance
LOL. Man don't bother trying to change that guy's mind. He's hell bent on filling the team with these ICLers.
Old November 14, 2009, 09:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
I hope you changed your mind on this, please note he has a century in a test against such opponent bowling, against whom any cricketer in any space-time continuum would give everything to achieve one.
I just don't understand why people think SN is soo much better then Big Z..SN is a great player against minnows and his average is a 52 against them which is fantastic but when you look at Big Z and SN against top 8 teams its pretty much the same..SN averages a 16.62 while Big Z averages a 15.3 against top 8 teams..also they both have just 2 50's against teams in ODI's..yes SN played well in tests and has had more success in tests then ODI's but we're talking about the ODI team..also SN hasn't had a match winning game yet where Big Z had 1 against NZ..so wen you look at the big picture these are just 2 big time talents that have underperformed..i honestly think Big Z was picked too early for the team as he has not matured fully yet..i think tho since SN is performing so much better in domestic matches then Big Z so he should get his reward but honestly if people think SN is so much better then Big Z then people should think again..
Old November 14, 2009, 10:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Tiger444 bhai you make it sound like its so easy to score against minnows, they how come Big Z couldn't score even 50 against them??
Old November 14, 2009, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
I just don't understand why people think SN is soo much better then Big Z..SN is a great player against minnows and his average is a 52 against them which is fantastic but when you look at Big Z and SN against top 8 teams its pretty much the same..SN averages a 16.62 while Big Z averages a 15.3 against top 8 teams..
SN can atleast score against minnows where JS cant score agains both minnows and g8. So who is better?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 14, 2009, 10:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi_mc69
SN can atleast score against minnows where JS cant score agains both minnows and g8. So who is better?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
i don't know who's better and who's not. but for the moment Big Z needs a break from the national team, he needs it. national team is not the place to sit around and find our your form, i mean he's been out of form for so long, and we can't afford to be down 1 wicket within 3/4 over in every game. people will well why does it matter who ever comes in will do the same, ya they might but its only fair that some one else gets a chance, specially if they are performing consistently in the domestic league.
Old November 14, 2009, 01:03 PM
Cricket Guru

I'm not making it sound easy to bat well against minnows..but the reality is we are going to face the top 8 teams more then the Ireland's or Zimbabwe's..so I'm just emphasizing that SN really needs to up his game against the top 8 teams..because him having only 2 50's 3 years ago is not good enough and Big Z is not playing well enough either and the way SN was playing before he left for ICL really worries me because he just looked lost against India and Pakistan..I'm happy that he's performing so well in the domestic competitions and he does deserve opener spot back if he continues this form but I was just outlining the fact that Big Z and SN against top 8 teams is very similar and thats the point i was getting at..
Old November 14, 2009, 03:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

who is more likely to come good against top 8 teams? the player who has been inconsistent domestically and internationally against all opposition, or the player who has been more consistent domestically and internationally (even if it is just the minnows)?

anyway, i don't really want to compare SN and junaid atm because i really want to see what SN can do in the middle order, he will always be consisdered as an opening option but that's not where i want to see him atm. i'd rather see how imrul can go with an extended run as opener and bring SN in as the #3.
Old November 14, 2009, 10:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
who is more likely to come good against top 8 teams? the player who has been inconsistent domestically and internationally against all opposition, or the player who has been more consistent domestically and internationally (even if it is just the minnows)?

anyway, i don't really want to compare SN and junaid atm because i really want to see what SN can do in the middle order, he will always be consisdered as an opening option but that's not where i want to see him atm. i'd rather see how imrul can go with an extended run as opener and bring SN in as the #3.
Ya I mean i guess your right..at least SN does play well against someone unlike Big Z but i disagree with giving Imrul a run ot the opener spot now..i feel like it would be the same mistake as bringing Zunaed too early..Imrul is talented no doubt and is performing in domestic matches but i believe he should be playing more A team cricket before he gets a chance..he's still very young and should not be thrown in too early..i feel like there is no choice but to put SN at the opener slot..i feel like team management will still want Ash at #3..i definitely dont want Ash at opener..let's see how SN does at opener and if does not work out then we can reshuffle the order..
Old November 14, 2009, 10:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
i'd rather see how imrul can go with an extended run as opener and bring SN in as the #3.
What Imrul has done to get an extended run as opener? He average so far in 6 innings in DPL is 26.5 (with one century), failed against the practice matches against ZIM as well.

If Imrul and SN matches with the runs/performance at the end of DPL and we have to select one of them for the national team, It should be SN because of the experience and performance in the highest stage before.
Old November 14, 2009, 11:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
What Imrul has done to get an extended run as opener? He average so far in 6 innings in DPL is 26.5 (with one century), failed against the practice matches against ZIM as well.

If Imrul and SN matches with the runs/performance at the end of DPL and we have to select one of them for the national team, It should be SN because of the experience and performance in the highest stage before.
if you want SN to open then sure that's the right move, but like i said i'd like to see him considered as a middle order player for a little while and see how he does. what imrul has done is that he's performed over a number of seasons, just because he isn't currently in top form doesn't mean he should be ignored. but agree that if you choosing between imrul and SN as opener then you'd want to go with SN.
Old November 15, 2009, 10:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Anjelo Mathews,Malinga

confusing
Old November 15, 2009, 10:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
if you want SN to open then sure that's the right move, but like i said i'd like to see him considered as a middle order player for a little while and see how he does. what imrul has done is that he's performed over a number of seasons, just because he isn't currently in top form doesn't mean he should be ignored. but agree that if you choosing between imrul and SN as opener then you'd want to go with SN.
Gowza..yes Imrul has performed in domestic matches and we all know that but what about the A team matches? Also what about the practice matches against Zimbabwe? He really was a bust..i feel like he is a great future prospect but I feel he is just not ready for international cricket yet..he's still very young and give the man time..let him perform on the A team level 1st and once he's done that then he can be called up..same goes for Zunaed..let him perform in A team level and then he can come back..even though I'm not a fan of SN but he is our best option at opener..
Old November 15, 2009, 03:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Gowza..yes Imrul has performed in domestic matches and we all know that but what about the A team matches? Also what about the practice matches against Zimbabwe? He really was a bust..i feel like he is a great future prospect but I feel he is just not ready for international cricket yet..he's still very young and give the man time..let him perform on the A team level 1st and once he's done that then he can be called up..same goes for Zunaed..let him perform in A team level and then he can come back..even though I'm not a fan of SN but he is our best option at opener..
i don't really remember many A team matches, pretty sure he got a 62 in ireland or england when they went over there. it's true he didn't perform in the A team matches against zim and he hasn't scored many runs in international cricket to date but watching him play you can tell he is quality and remember the early part of tamim's career? he scored that 50 against india in the WC but he didn't really start to perform for about 20-25 ODI matches. plus i think we need to give imrul a good run before the next world cup so we know whether he'll be an option for that squad/team or not.
Old November 15, 2009, 03:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
i don't really remember many A team matches, pretty sure he got a 62 in ireland or england when they went over there. it's true he didn't perform in the A team matches against zim and he hasn't scored many runs in international cricket to date but watching him play you can tell he is quality and remember the early part of tamim's career? he scored that 50 against india in the WC but he didn't really start to perform for about 20-25 ODI matches. plus i think we need to give imrul a good run before the next world cup so we know whether he'll be an option for that squad/team or not.
well tamim was at least scoring decently after the India match..he struggled in most of the other WC matches but then 54 against Sri Lanka..50 against NZ..43 against NZ..and also 82 against SA..Imrul on the other hand has been given some chances but could not come out amongst the runs..i agree we gotta give him chances because he is a quality talent but more importantly he needs to be groomed properly..let him score heavily on the A team then we can give him chances..
Old November 15, 2009, 05:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
well tamim was at least scoring decently after the India match..he struggled in most of the other WC matches but then 54 against Sri Lanka..50 against NZ..43 against NZ..and also 82 against SA..Imrul on the other hand has been given some chances but could not come out amongst the runs..i agree we gotta give him chances because he is a quality talent but more importantly he needs to be groomed properly..let him score heavily on the A team then we can give him chances..
tamim's ODI average was still only like 19 or 20 though after 20 or so matches, or am i remembering wrong? i'd still like to see imrul get 10 or so matches on the trot though and then decide whether he should stay in the national team or be given more time in domestic/A team cricket. problem for BD is they don't often get to play 5 or 7 matches in a series, a player has 2 or 3 matches to prove their worth and that's tough to do in that amount of matches.