facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 10, 2009, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
I don't want to meander in this issue any more. But, I have to tell you, RL's current "confession" is his custom version he delivered while in Bangladesh. Here's what he says in an interview in PP:

"About 'that' catch

PakPassion.Net: I am a big fan of yours and appreciate your talent and your services for Pakistan, what were you thinking when you picked the ball after it popped out of your hand...did you really think at that moment that you had possession of the ball long enough to claim a catch?
Rashid Latif: That was just an accident

PakPassion.Net: The match referee said, "You had picked the ball from the ground, after it popped out of your hand, and claimed a false catch" Didn't you try to explain to them your side of the story?
Rashid Latif: I explained it to the match referee but a five-match ban was very harsh.

PakPassion.Net: I have the clip of that catch; when you picked the ball from the ground, after it popped out of your hands, you were facing the batsman, most of the close-in fielders and the leg umpire too...how is it that they said that you tried to cheat? I am still baffled when I see that clip?
Rashid Latif: At the time I was unsure and I told my fellow players 'I think this is not out' but some players told me this is out"

Link

His "truth" shifts too many ways, it seems.
Shala chorami koira tao kono lojja nai. Did we not complain?

Old November 10, 2009, 09:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTazim
When Pakistani team flew First class between games and in the same flight forced Bangladeshi team coach class, where was this so called "Muslim" country's basic hospitality. Especially when for this entire nation everything revolves around their religion. Pakistan's self-righteousness is nauseating. The fact that some of us continue to be "apologetic" is even more sickening.
They are our Muslim brothers. I do respect them. But, they need to know and I hope they read my post. Majority of Pakistanis are so proud that as if Islam originated from Pakistan. We are muslims and pride is not something we should engrave in our heart.

NB: This is not directing to Rasheed Latif. He is an honest person to admit it. This is in-referance to the hospitality and their general attitude.
Old November 10, 2009, 10:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
I don't want to meander in this issue any more. But, I have to tell you, RL's current "confession" is his custom version he delivered while in Bangladesh. Here's what he says in an interview in PP:

"About 'that' catch

PakPassion.Net: I am a big fan of yours and appreciate your talent and your services for Pakistan, what were you thinking when you picked the ball after it popped out of your hand...did you really think at that moment that you had possession of the ball long enough to claim a catch?
Rashid Latif: That was just an accident

PakPassion.Net: The match referee said, "You had picked the ball from the ground, after it popped out of your hand, and claimed a false catch" Didn't you try to explain to them your side of the story?
Rashid Latif: I explained it to the match referee but a five-match ban was very harsh.

PakPassion.Net: I have the clip of that catch; when you picked the ball from the ground, after it popped out of your hands, you were facing the batsman, most of the close-in fielders and the leg umpire too...how is it that they said that you tried to cheat? I am still baffled when I see that clip?
Rashid Latif: At the time I was unsure and I told my fellow players 'I think this is not out' but some players told me this is out"

Link

His "truth" shifts too many ways, it seems.
Well, well, seems like I was to nice to offer him the benefit of the doubt about coming clean. Should have known that once a 'chor' always a 'chor'.
Old November 11, 2009, 02:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahms
They are our Muslim brothers. I do respect them. But, they need to know and I hope they read my post. Majority of Pakistanis are so proud that as if Islam originated from Pakistan. We are muslims and pride is not something we should engrave in our heart.

NB: This is not directing to Rasheed Latif. He is an honest person to admit it. This is in-referance to the hospitality and their general attitude.
Not mine.

They are definitely not MY brothers. Pakizm is confused as Islam in the paki land. Our kath mullahs think that is Islam. Pakizm has nothing to do with Islam. Far from it. Actually, the whole of paki state is getting flushed down the toilet due to this misconception. In the process, the paki fanatism is causing a lot of grief and damage to the whole Muslim world and Muslim Ummah.

Rasheed Latif is an absolute disgrace to cricket, proven to be so. His degree of culpability is well within the standard of the whole of paki cricket culture.

It is beyond sad.
Old November 11, 2009, 03:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
Why is faking a catch considered cheating? It happens in Baseball and American Football all the time.
Latif was banned for a number of matches after faking that catch. So, here you know, in cricket, he could not say that it was umpire's duty to catch his misdeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahms
They are our Muslim brothers.
You should first be sure that they also consider you as a brother. As far as I know, Bangladeshi Muslims are not sachcha muslims to Pakistanis. 1971 was an attempt to make us sachcha muslims, killing all impure Bangali muslims and then raping our women to produce a new generation of pakistani products. It was a pity that they did not succeed; but it seems they did not fail 100% either.
Old November 11, 2009, 04:49 AM
Cricket Legend

I clearly remember the match today and totally agree with Billah's narrative. Yeah, those who don't know about should read up! That loss did a lot of damage to the team spirit. Moreover, it was also also during a period and atmosphere when a lot of people were talking about our test status in a very derogatory manner.

Unfortunately, the whole episode got tainted by detractors and naive people who went emotional by bringing in the "muslim";" Pakistan brothers" blah blah angle, which totally misses the point.

Basically, an inept umpire and a dishonest Pakistani player robbed us of our first test win. Sadly, the record books will show a Pakistan win but those who followed it have another story to tell.

Anyway, Rashid Latif - you lost a lot , but you have a chance to correct your mistake by saying sorry to cricket fans- I wonder whether he ever did that?
Old November 11, 2009, 06:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle
I clearly remember the match today and totally agree with Billah's narrative. Yeah, those who don't know about should read up! That loss did a lot of damage to the team spirit. Moreover, it was also also during a period and atmosphere when a lot of people were talking about our test status in a very derogatory manner.

Unfortunately, the whole episode got tainted by detractors and naive people who went emotional by bringing in the "muslim";" Pakistan brothers" blah blah angle, which totally misses the point.

Basically, an inept umpire and a dishonest Pakistani player robbed us of our first test win. Sadly, the record books will show a Pakistan win but those who followed it have another story to tell.

Anyway, Rashid Latif - you lost a lot , but you have a chance to correct your mistake by saying sorry to cricket fans- I wonder whether he ever did that?

Knowing Pakistani they never will say sorry.
Old November 11, 2009, 08:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

I think it is more than that.. The 5th day all of a sudden you have a flat track?
Old November 11, 2009, 08:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
You should first be sure that they also consider you as a brother. As far as I know, Bangladeshi Muslims are not sachcha muslims to Pakistanis. 1971 was an attempt to make us sachcha muslims, killing all impure Bangali muslims and then raping our women to produce a new generation of pakistani products. It was a pity that they did not succeed; but it seems they did not fail 100% either.
Old November 11, 2009, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Some strong words I hear..
Old November 11, 2009, 10:10 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanath Jayasuriya, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTazim
You have missed my point. My point is not about India Pakistan hatred. Just to show two things. One is Pakistan's intrinsic hatred towards Bangladeshis and two, some Bangladeshi's forgetfulness and on many instances apologetic approach dealing with Pakistan with respect to everything including 1971.

Pakistani players use the "Islam" religion very conveniently. From keeping beard to screwing infidel women- case in point Mr. Shoaib Akhtar contracting Genital Herpes- to demonstrating utter self-righteousness. As self-proclaimed better muslims than the rest of the muslim ummah, Pakistanis should demonstrate characteristics that are prerequisites of being good Muslim. However, they did not; case in point what I mentioned earlier about Pakistani players taking First cliass and putting their guests Bangladeshi players in coach class.

Also, I have heard the clitche about dog biting a man. So, it's getting too old. Unless, this nation officially apologize for 1971. Communicate to their younger generation about what they did in 1971 instead of preaching propaganda of General Niazi ("Betrayal of East Pakistan"), pay retribution for 1971 and hand over war criminals from 1971, I do not want to even deal with them. Simple as that. So, it is not about there we go again. It is about believing in something. It is about self-esteem. It is about courage of one's conviction.

Finally, someone with some sense. Thanks for your comment.
Old November 11, 2009, 10:17 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanath Jayasuriya, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Latif was banned for a number of matches after faking that catch. So, here you know, in cricket, he could not say that it was umpire's duty to catch his misdeed.

I m not sure which side you're on. I hope you don't consider pakistanis to be proper muslims. And I also hope you don't believe that we r united to pakistanis becuz of religion. I think killing in the eyes of any god is a criminal act. So trying to purify bengali muslims is not their right. So please rephrase your comment, or try to correct me if I am wrong.
Old November 11, 2009, 11:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:

It was such a horrible feeling. I remember following that match, ball by ball, and I can't tell you enough about that sickening feeling in the stomach for days after wards. We were still in the game even after the treachery of Latif and alleged mowing down of the grass, if not for a career salvaging innings by the great Inzy. Records books will never show what transpired in that game, from the inept umpiring, to the dishonest Pakistani keeper.

Latif had the chance to be contrite and apologize for his sins. I was willing to forgive, but not forget had he done so when asked about it. Apparently he did, but then again, reading Billah's post in PP interview, it is quite apparent that the man is a liar, a hypocrite, and guilty of double speak. Why is he even in Bangladesh and what is he doing with BCB ? Some deranged souls of our land are giddy about this 'guest' visiting and mad at the reporter for embarrassing him! Its sickening, vile and disgusting.
Old November 11, 2009, 11:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
It was such a horrible feeling. I remember following that match, ball by ball, and I can't tell you enough about that sickening feeling in the stomach for days after wards. We were still in the game even after the treachery of Latif and alleged mowing down of the grass, if not for a career salvaging innings by the great Inzy. Records books will never show what transpired in that game, from the inept umpiring, to the dishonest Pakistani keeper.

Latif had the chance to be contrite and apologize for his sins. I was willing to forgive, but not forget had he done so when asked about it. Apparently he did, but then again, reading Billah's post in PP interview, it is quite apparent that the man is a liar, a hypocrite, and guilty of double speak. Why is he even in Bangladesh and what is he doing with BCB ? Some deranged souls of our land are giddy about this 'guest' visiting and mad at the reporter for embarrassing him! Its sickening, vile and disgusting.
Agreed with your feeling.

Plus they were tempering the ball inappropriately, so many nail bites on the ball when they were bowling in that match.

Multan test was a turning point for BD team in a negative way, when they came back home, they were frustrated, dejected with a very low confidence.

It took years for our boys to get rid off it, to leave it behind. But had we won that Multan Test, that we should have, then BD cricket must have been in a better position today.

What ever it is now, that disreputable Multan Test will remain as a nagging pain in our hearts and minds in the years to come.
Old November 11, 2009, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

At least he admitted.
Old November 11, 2009, 02:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Cricinfo today posted an article about this incident and I posted that on pakpassion and guess what they deleted the thread.. this is I guess in their blood, pussies
Old November 11, 2009, 04:39 PM
BC Editorial Team

In grade school, we had an expression: চোর হালা চুরি কইরা চোর হইয়াছে, কে চোর, কে চোর? লতিফ হালা একটা চোর, শালারা ৭১ হাইরা মুলতান হারানোর জন্য ready ছিলো না - তাই ডানে বামে চুরি করেছে ...মাইঝখান দিয়া ইন্জী হালায় আইসা batting দেখাইল আর অশোকা কানা হইলো .... My wife and I were following ball-by-ball at an Indian friend's party and I still remember the heartache - and I was just a fan. That series was the pinnacle of Belim's career - I would love to have his take on it.

Not surprised the PP folks deleted the link ... have you seen what their history books say about 71 and Niyazi?
Old November 11, 2009, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Not surprised the PP folks deleted the link ... have you seen what their history books say about 71 and Niyazi?
Why blame them when our very own change every five years? স্বাধীনতার আসল ঘোষক কেডা পোলাপাইন আজও বুঝল না।
Old November 11, 2009, 05:01 PM
BC Editorial Team

tru dat
Old November 11, 2009, 05:51 PM
Test Cricketer

so true...
Old November 12, 2009, 01:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist
Finally, someone with some sense. Thanks for your comment.
ditto! fficeffice" />
I feel sorry for this gun crazy Islamic fascist(fascism is nothing to do with real islam but the corporate take over of a country in the name of religion or hollow nationalism) county's cricket players that they have to lie, cheat and steal to win a simple gentlemen’s game like cricket because the a$$hole would beat the crap out of the players if they loose to India or Bangladesh..
I have paki fiends who's parents fought the war and most of them saw the atrocities done by the paki soldiers and they were just soldiers ( in war they are brain washed to hate so killing is easier) and Bengali, Bihari civilians....
They are apologetic but not the general fans....

What Latif did was wrong as I mentioned earlier that cricket is a gentleman's game and it should be honored that way.......
In my golf class we were taught courtesy for two weeks before even touching the club..
My father played first class cricket for Royal Air force of UK and he was telling me the same thing that he was taught how to play straight bat and be a gentle man as I read an earlier post by a poster that it is okay in Baseball..
But this is not Baseball and these morons are playing for their country...
A Rod is an A Hole no matter what because he cheated (He took performance enhancing drugs)...
Anyhow I just want to say that we should not forget but we can forgive...
Dhonnabad
Old November 12, 2009, 01:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Anjelo Mathews,Malinga

I watched that poor umpiring cost BD the match
Old November 12, 2009, 02:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
It was a pity for them, of course, not for us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist
I m not sure which side you're on. I hope you don't consider pakistanis to be proper muslims. And I also hope you don't believe that we r united to pakistanis becuz of religion. I think killing in the eyes of any god is a criminal act. So trying to purify bengali muslims is not their right. So please rephrase your comment, or try to correct me if I am wrong.
I was just mentioning the way pakis think. The comment needs to be read in a sarcastic mood.