facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 4, 2010, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
pak is supposed to come this year...i believe it will a december clash, i think BCB were thinking of inviting ZIM to make it a tri series.
Please no D/N games then. Hate to see the result of a game being dictated by the toss. Lose toss, might as well go home.

Old March 4, 2010, 06:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
Your signature doesn't match your posts at all. Not even the slightest bit!

Just be happy for Zimbabwe. Theres no reason to call out our players for a match that they werent even involved in. I'm pretty happy with how our boys have played so far this year. One step at a time...
I agree with you. We should be happy. We beat both WI and Zimbo. Now point gap is narrower between Ban & WI. Inshallah after we beat Eng today (tonight here), point gap will be much narrower.
Old March 4, 2010, 06:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

^^^in Chittagong?

congrats Zimbabwe. A well deserved game. BCB should invite the WI team to tour us. THey seem to suck these days but I think our boys will still find a way to lose against them
Old March 4, 2010, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
So believing that our team is capable of a record that reads better than 0-13 is pessimism yet the belief that we can do no better than we are doing today is optimism?

Finding a silver lilning is one thing but to deny the sky is cloudy is another.
Fair enough. And I like your adaptation of that proverb. But no ones denying the sky is cloudy. I'm simply saying that to expect a team that bad to so quickly turn it around, show consistency, and win games (a lot of which the odds were so clearly stacked against us, read: dewy conditions, pathetic umpiring) is expecting a little too much.

Its not denying that the sky is cloudy. Its simply trying to admit there are fewer clouds than the day before. What I see a lot of people doing here on a constant basis (not necessarily you, I just replied to you because i found your signature ironic given the content of the post) is kinda like a meteorologist bitching and moaning about a cloudy day a week after living through a hurricane.

What I'm trying to say is, its all relative. Lets not expect 90 degree weather just yet

And.......cue Zunaid bhai's post about how San Diego rocks
Old March 4, 2010, 07:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Please no D/N games then. Hate to see the result of a game being dictated by the toss. Lose toss, might as well go home.
BCB don't give a sh*t about win/lose. They care about money only. They get more revenue from D/N games than day games.
Old March 4, 2010, 07:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
WI dropped to 71 from 74 today. Even a 4-1 win now will bring them only to 72. They can go as far down to 59 if ZIM can do the unthinkable of 5-0.

We are at 53 and will go to 52 if we lose today or 55 if we win.

Zimbabwe went to 28 from 26 and the max they can go from the WI series is 38.

For WI,

4-1 = 72
3-2 = 68
2-3= 65
1-4 = 62
0-5 = 59
Thanks Raynman bhai.
I hope Zimb beat them 4-1 or atleast 3-2. And then when we play Zimb later in the year, we will move up to 8th place.
Old March 4, 2010, 07:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
And.......cue Zunaid bhai's post about how San Diego rocks
Pssh....San Diego is OC's sore throat and Tijuana's ulcer. Lol...a ban maybe forthcoming.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 4, 2010, 08:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
WI dropped to 71 from 74 today. Even a 4-1 win now will bring them only to 72. They can go as far down to 59 if ZIM can do the unthinkable of 5-0.

We are at 53 and will go to 52 if we lose today or 55 if we win.

Zimbabwe went to 28 from 26 and the max they can go from the WI series is 38.

For WI,

4-1 = 72
3-2 = 68
2-3= 65
1-4 = 62
0-5 = 59
Thank you dear Raynman bhai!! You always have hard passionate work for BD cricket!!
Old March 4, 2010, 08:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I must say congrats to Prosper Utsiya and team Zimbabwe, I didn't think they could do it, they proved me wrong, so I salute them!
Old March 4, 2010, 08:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Fair enough. And I like your adaptation of that proverb. But no ones denying the sky is cloudy. I'm simply saying that to expect a team that bad to so quickly turn it around, show consistency, and win games (a lot of which the odds were so clearly stacked against us, read: dewy conditions, pathetic umpiring) is expecting a little too much.

Its not denying that the sky is cloudy. Its simply trying to admit there are fewer clouds than the day before. What I see a lot of people doing here on a constant basis (not necessarily you, I just replied to you because i found your signature ironic given the content of the post) is kinda like a meteorologist bitching and moaning about a cloudy day a week after living through a hurricane.

What I'm trying to say is, its all relative. Lets not expect 90 degree weather just yet
appreciate the candor. Irony is also noted. In my defense though you will see that I have the Records threads and the performance monitor thread where I duly celebrate the individual success as well as the close games.

To draw a basketball analogy, when Kobe scored 81 in a single game, Bryant fans had every right to celebrate the great individual accomplishment. But Lakers fans were definitely entitled to the concern that it took an unearthly effort from Bryant to barely beat the Toronto Raptors.

When BD beat NZ in the 1st ODI and threatened to steal the series or almost win the tri series with SL in the final or streched SL and NZ to the limit in those tests, those were something to look forward to. Fast forward a year and is it too much to expect a few wins out of 13 tries? The individual growth has arrived but there doesn't seem to be any improvements in team strategy. Is it wrong to voice out concern about the coach in that sense.

Now my beef is not with you personally but you have to admit that for all the negativity you are seeing, there is an equal number of members lighting their torches and sharpening their pitchforks everytime a comment is made or a concern is raised about where we are as a team.

As for the near misses, we only have BCB to blame for the D/N games about the dew for the tri series and don't forget Shakib won the toss in the 1st match and chose to field. Umpiring decisions are a part of the game but in reality, the last ODI was the only game that it mattered as far as the result is concerned.

We took NZ in 2008 to the limit in BD who are a much better ODI unit than the ENG squad visiting us. We should have had the series tied or sealed by now instead of playing for pride on a dead rubber match vs. an even more depleted ENG squad.