facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 11, 2012, 12:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Where's Gowza bhai? I want to see his reaction to this thread. I bet he's laughing his a*s off. I bet he didn't know that his thread would be a topic of height!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Old January 11, 2012, 03:24 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
guys, Fazal isn't saying tall players don't need to hone less skills than short players to be good in the business. all he has been trying to say is that taller players have a natural advantage, as simple as that. you are just cooking it too much.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
And we said "NO ****." I was asked to do my research when I asked for something other than the obvious. So much for argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
whats disrespectful about calling mushy short? Where goes the respect theory when you call ash & shahadat by names?
Disrespect in sense of his appearance. He can't change the way he looks. No body made fun of Shahadat's look. There is nothing wrong with looking for a better replacements, but I won't consider someone just because of their height like a typical bengali, unless he is a better keeper and solid with the bat as well.

Just read this part below and tell me it has anything to do with cricket, or a bengali being a bengali. He'd rather play a tall player over a skilled player. And like we have many tall players dying to play.

Quote:
The more tall (5' 11" +) players, the better. The team is full of gaitta guitta baitta players. And when they get old and gain little weight.. and there is no place to hide... all show up in the belly area.

But to play in the highest level... these 5' 2" ... 5' 4" players are at a disadvantged stage unless you are a specialized batsman and your name is Tendulkar.

5'+ midget is not going to cut it now days unless you are extremely talented. And none of our players are in that category except for may be Sakib. But he is not short.

Now, you guys should return to topic and fantasize about Shekhor Ahmed.
Old January 11, 2012, 06:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Where's Gowza bhai? I want to see his reaction to this thread. I bet he's laughing his a*s off. I bet he didn't know that his thread would be a topic of height!

yes i am laughing, everytime i come in here to check whether someone has said anything worthwhile about shaker ahmed i keep reading tons of posts about height. what is this new obsession with height here these days? well at least the thread is being used....
Old January 11, 2012, 08:34 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ It's a new trend in BC. Probably Lamisa started the whole thing.
Old January 11, 2012, 08:51 PM
Cricket Legend

King Rukh is short - Amir Khan too
Old January 12, 2012, 12:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Anyone who has been around the domestic circuit over the past few years will know how heavily the teams depend on slow left armers. And the truth is, most of them are of very decent quality. So Shaker probably figured it out and knows it's a hard way to make it to the national team and is probably opting for the easier way into the national team[as a batsman]
Old January 12, 2012, 05:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Anyone who has been around the domestic circuit over the past few years will know how heavily the teams depend on slow left armers. And the truth is, most of them are of very decent quality. So Shaker probably figured it out and knows it's a hard way to make it to the national team and is probably opting for the easier way into the national team[as a batsman]
with the issues of finding solid top order batsmen this tbh sounds plausible. but the kid is a terrific spinner, you can't just decide to make a change like this and expect it to work unless you do have tremendous batting talent. it would be a big gamble if this is what he's doing, and it would be a loss to BD's spin depth/quality
Old January 12, 2012, 09:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
yes i am laughing, everytime i come in here to check whether someone has said anything worthwhile about shaker ahmed i keep reading tons of posts about height. what is this new obsession with height here these days? well at least the thread is being used....
yup at least you got the thread popular.