facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2018, 01:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolero
From an Indian perspective, I am not sure either Bangladesh or Sri Lanka is hated.There is rivalry on cricket field, yes, but by and large both countries are seen as friendly neighbours by India. But there is a diametrically different view on Pakistan, it is seen as war by other means.It is not that Indians hate Pakistani people, but the Pakistan establishment which is seen to support terror. It is not for nothing that 3 countries, India, Bangladesh and Afghanistan hinted at Pakistan, without directly naming it as the source for terror in UN General Assembly. If 1 country is saying this, we may say it has an agenda. If 3 countries have the same opinion, there is a problem with the country concerned.
Tbh I also feel on and off the field BD Ind SL people get along in general. It is due to the media and certain immature dim witted individuals who are internet warriors to start cooking up hate and escalate things.

Good to see a mature Indian put it out nicely!

Old March 21, 2018, 01:06 PM
Cricket Guru

All my Indian friends would rather not follow cricket than to support Pakistan. But again a small sub set.

Indians and Pakistanis hate relationship is greater than the Eng and Aus rivalry on a cricket field. But perhaps the younger generation might be different. Who knows and who cares.

End of the day it’s a game
Old March 21, 2018, 04:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfirooz
http://island.lk/index.php?page_cat=...e_title=181734

The writer is credible
I think the writer will loose credibility after this article. He did not mention ICC's findings and to be fair he did not contact Shakib for his side of the story.

Even if Shakib did it, the key question is, did he do that intentionally or it was an accident?

Now about the Nagin dance at end by a group of BD players, I do not think it was done to insult the SL fans. It was done out of excitement and joy. They certainly have gone over the board. The amount of reaction by the SL fans are also out of proportion, not normal.

Hopefully everything will be okay, otherwise it will be a loose-loose situation.
Old March 21, 2018, 10:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Tbh I also feel on and off the field BD Ind SL people get along in general. It is due to the media and certain immature dim witted individuals who are internet warriors to start cooking up hate and escalate things.

Good to see a mature Indian put it out nicely!
Thanks.
Old March 21, 2018, 11:33 PM
Club Cricketer

Location: Earth, Solar Neighbourhood, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

Quote:
Thanks.
I don't think Ind-Pak cricketing encounters will lose their edge any time soon. By and large both sides have a way of tying cricket to their historical narrative.
One can also say that about Pak and BD; however there is a big difference between Ind-Pak and Pak-BD relations that spillover on the cricket field.
The difference is this that Ind-Pak continue to fight political and shadow wars, instigated by Pak nearly all of the time.
Pak-BD do not have such fights on a day to day basis; hence it is not unexpected that history notwithstanding cricket encounters between these two countries are seen as just that. Having said all that and as an Indian (and a Bengali) I am sometimes confused by a certain level of denial of a BD cricket fan towards Pak atrocities during founding of the country. Maybe it is good to move on, but there is a difference between moving on and denial.
Old March 21, 2018, 11:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyBangla
I don't think Ind-Pak cricketing encounters will lose their edge any time soon. By and large both sides have a way of tying cricket to their historical narrative.
One can also say that about Pak and BD; however there is a big difference between Ind-Pak and Pak-BD relations that spillover on the cricket field.
The difference is this that Ind-Pak continue to fight political and shadow wars, instigated by Pak nearly all of the time.
Pak-BD do not have such fights on a day to day basis; hence it is not unexpected that history notwithstanding cricket encounters between these two countries are seen as just that. Having said all that and as an Indian (and a Bengali) I am sometimes confused by a certain level of denial of a BD cricket fan towards Pak atrocities during founding of the country. Maybe it is good to move on, but there is a difference between moving on and denial.
Denial? huh? First I've heard of it. Please clarify.

Agree with your other points.
Old March 22, 2018, 12:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
All my Indian friends would rather not follow cricket than to support Pakistan. But again a small sub set.
I'd support Pakistan if it's for the greater good. I remember back in 2011/12 I despised England so I gunned for Pakistan and was delighted with the 3-0 whitewash that they inflicted in the UAE.

Likewise, Pakistan vs Bangladesh nearly all the time. At least Indian and Pakistani fans operate on a similar wavelength.
Old March 22, 2018, 01:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
What the Pakistan Army had done to Bangladeshis in 1971 is nothing short of a holocaust.As a Bengali, you must be aware of that.India had no option but to support Mukti Bahini as India could not absorb so many million refugees escaping mass murder.

Although we have moved on as you rightly said, we can't be in denial.
Old March 22, 2018, 02:15 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
not surprising. there were Bangladeshies themselves supporting pakistan in 1971 and did not want Bangladesh. their kids run among us now, so you will see these kind of people everywhere, even in this forum, they are Bangladeshis on paper but I treat them as Pakistanis. Their fore fathers had name for themselves "al bodor" "al shames" "rajakar". all of these words have become insulting words in bangla vocabulary, straight banglay jake bole gali.
Old March 22, 2018, 03:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
What the Pakistan Army had done to Bangladeshis in 1971 is nothing short of a holocaust.As a Bengali, you must be aware of that.India had no option but to support Mukti Bahini as India could not absorb so many million refugees escaping mass murder.

Although we have moved on as you rightly said, we can't be in denial.
As important as to stop the influx of refugees, there was also a huge political implication as well.
Old March 22, 2018, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
not surprising. there were Bangladeshies themselves supporting pakistan in 1971 and did not want Bangladesh. their kids run among us now, so you will see these kind of people everywhere, even in this forum, they are Bangladeshis on paper but I treat them as Pakistanis. Their fore fathers had name for themselves "al bodor" "al shames" "rajakar". all of these words have become insulting words in bangla vocabulary, straight banglay jake bole gali.
A neutral perspective here.

Time is the greatest cure, time heals. Will time eventually heal the relationship between Pakistan and B.D when the old generation die, maybe we can forgive them for their atrocities.

Just saying. What do you think, will it happen.
Old March 22, 2018, 07:06 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
A neutral perspective here.

Time is the greatest cure, time heals. Will time eventually heal the relationship between Pakistan and B.D when the old generation die, maybe we can forgive them for their atrocities.

Just saying. What do you think, will it happen.
Brother I am not from the 1971 generation..I was born way after that. do you think I have any scars from 1971? yet do you see me forgive Pakistan?

Just learn the history of what happened during that time, that is not related to any older generation or younger generation. its related to every Bangladeshi, born before 1971 or in 2018

Pakistan after all these years dont even acknowledge what they did, dont even ask for forgiveness and say lets bygones be bygones..and you what to forgive those piece of junks?..just google what happened in 1971 and see the horrifying pictures, I think you know the history by just bits and pieces and never researched the true story
Old March 22, 2018, 07:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Pakistan after all these years dont even acknowledge what they did, dont even ask for forgiveness and say lets bygones be bygones..and you what to forgive those piece of junks?..just google what happened in 1971 and see the horrifying pictures, I think you know the history by just bits and pieces and never researched the true story
Most Pakistanis that bring up this 71 discussion and probe the views with me think why Bangladeshis wanted to leave. Some actually can not handle the truth and accuse me that things like 21 Feb or Operation search light never happened and are lies.

Pakistan has been teaching their youth by their education system that their army forces were innocent in the whole process and no wrong doing was from there side at all.

I dont think Pakistanis young or old will never properly man up to their past mistakes as they have ensured this cycle goes on.

Their parliament expressed extreme disappointment every time BD execute a person responsible for murders, calling them "friends".

The media personalities also dont help. Some of you may have seen that Bangladeshis are portrayed as dark skinned fish eating people.

That being said, I am never rude to a Pakistani and help them without hesitation. However I will never support their sports team or country.
Old March 22, 2018, 12:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

People act like 1971 is history. It's not. Both my parents are older than 1971. Let that sink in. Both my parents are older than Bangladesh itself and were refugees of a genocide. And that's true for many of you. That's barely history, more like the present. It's way too soon to be talking about forgive and forget. Until Pakistan formally apologizes, there should be no forgiving from our part.
Old March 22, 2018, 01:19 PM
Club Cricketer

Location: Earth, Solar Neighbourhood, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

I am sorry; did not wish to initiate discussions on this painful subject. I think denial was an incorrect word; maybe casual approach would be more apt. In any case, just wish strength for BD.
Old March 22, 2018, 08:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Thread gone south...
Old March 22, 2018, 09:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

sri lankan fans to bd independence.

dam that's something.