facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old March 12, 2013, 05:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I don't know if people know this or not but BNP politicians are getting arrested due to political reasons. BAL are behind it.
Thank you. I had no idea.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old March 12, 2013, 06:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I am not aligned to any party. In the past I voted for both parties. Last time my vote was for AL as I believed BNP needed to be punished for the massive corruption of Tareq Zia and also because I felt AL was more sincere about reforms within the party.

Hartals create nationwide destruction to both public property and the economy but at the same time it has become an integral part of our politics. Government will always condemn and opposition will always prefer it no matter who is in power. What we as citizens need to do is to condemn both for their wrong moves. Condemn BNP for siding with Jamat at the same time condemn AL for using the mancha as a political tool. Don't be blind to either party.
Top post anyone thinnk that BNP Politican being arrested relates to verdict of Gulam azam in the next few days or week?
Old March 12, 2013, 06:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz

I look forward to hearing the opposite version at some point in the future when Ashraf, Hanif, MK Alamgir and Nasim et al will be arrested from AL headquarter for making cocktails and potka.

We are too much biased to have a decent political culture in Bangladesh.
History repeats itself ! No need to look forward, it already happened to AL, and they are treating BNP the same, BAKSHAL treatment ! Lol. And look at left side. AL too called for 'Hartal' !

২০০৪ সালের ১লা মার্চ। আওয়ামী লীগের কার্যালয়ে পুলিশের হামলা। হামলার কথা শুনে শেখ হাসিনা কেন্দ্রীয় অফিসে আসতে গেলে রাস্তায় শেখ হাসিনার গাড়ি ব্যরিকেড দিয়ে আটকে রাখে পুলিশ। ১০০ জনেরও অধিক নেতাকর্মীকে গ্রেফতার করা হয়। নির্মম নির্যাতন করা হয় নেতাকর্মীদের উপর।
Old March 12, 2013, 09:16 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

^^ so basically its about tit for tat politics. You did this before, now why should I deprive my self from such pleasure.

No one is bothering to consider non violent, bloodless, revengeless movement. It's all about jalao, porao, pitao, hartal er din jara office jay tader digombor koro(96 BAL hartal, thank god we don't have to witness such barbaric vicious hartal like that nowadays)

That newspaper cutting says it perfectly. Ei rokom Bangladesh ki amra cheyechilam?
Old March 12, 2013, 09:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

In fact the jalao porao culture has been ruling our country for a long time. In 1996, AL gave 73 days hartal in a row. Current home minister was the cabinet minister that time. He formed the "Janatar adalat" where he and a lot of govt officers and employees broke all the govt code of service. As a result, he is rewarded by AL to become home minister.

BNP tortured AL during their tenure of 2001-2006 in a brutal fashion. The newspaper screenshot Naimul posted just confirming it.

To me, no party in Bangladesh loves country. One party is selling FATHER and LIBERATION. Another one is selling HUSBAND and NATIONALISM. The other one is selling ISLAM.

I refrained myself from voting in national polls so far in my life As a SILENT protest. Probably will continue the same.
Old March 12, 2013, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Not aligned to any party. Such a silly concept. By trying so hard to be neutral, you are holding the good guys and bad guys tantamount. In fact, neutrality is unfair and unbalanced, why shall one one part be forcefully brought down to the abysmal standards of another? So you can prove your "neutrality"?

Look, there are many razakars too inside the AL,and I want them brought to justice. But at least they are acknowledging this, BNP's survival on the other hand depends on their collusion with Jamat. And it is a party riddled with razakars and razakar sentiments. Now, BNP can turn over a new leaf, starting with dissociating themselves as far as they can from Jamat. But they are not doing that at present.

So forgive me for feeling happy when there is strong possibility of their upper echelon being totally usurped, dismantled, and gone forever. Only then can they properly start over. Till then, there is no room for neutrality, there is only room for facts.
Old March 12, 2013, 09:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Not aligned to any party. Such a silly concept. By trying so hard to be neutral, you are holding the good guys and bad guys tantamount. In fact, neutrality is unfair and unbalanced, why shall one one part be forcefully brought down to the abysmal standards of another? So you can prove your "neutrality"?

Look, there are many razakars too inside the AL,and I want them brought to justice. But at least they are acknowledging this, BNP's survival on the other hand depends on their collusion with Jamat. And it is a party riddled with razakars and razakar sentiments. Now, BNP can turn over a new leaf, starting with dissociating themselves as far as they can from Jamat. But they are not doing that at present.

So forgive me for feeling happy when there is strong possibility of their upper echelon being totally usurped, dismantled, and gone forever. Only then can they properly start over. Till then, there is no room for neutrality, there is only room for facts.
I am not trying to prove my neutrality to anyone. I buy my own logic and stand, not yours. If you don't like it then just ignore . Don't try to get into personal criticism.

I do love my country a lot. If I don't find a good person to support then should I still need to support these thieves? Sorry!

I know there are a lot of people are like me. We all are waiting for the right leadership (though I am doubtful if that ever comes).
Old March 12, 2013, 09:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
History repeats itself ! No need to look forward, it already happened to AL, and they are treating BNP the same, BAKSHAL treatment ! Lol. And look at left side. AL too called for 'Hartal' !

২০০৪ সালের ১লা মার্চ। আওয়ামী লীগের কার্যালয়ে পুলিশের হামলা। হামলার কথা শুনে শেখ হাসিনা কেন্দ্রীয় অফিসে আসতে গেলে রাস্তায় শেখ হাসিনার গাড়ি ব্যরিকেড দিয়ে আটকে রাখে পুলিশ। ১০০ জনেরও অধিক নেতাকর্মীকে গ্রেফতার করা হয়। নির্মম নির্যাতন করা হয় নেতাকর্মীদের উপর।
You are being ecstatic ... Finding out this news.... Who other than a BAL/BNP supporter would support a tit for tat political action sitting under the banner of Shahbag... Didn't you claim to be a neutral fellow in this thread...? Misleading...
Old March 12, 2013, 09:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

If you are sold, you think every one should be sold huh.... Stupid concept
Old March 12, 2013, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
If you don't like it then just ignore . Don't try to get into personal criticism.
I wasn't personally addressing anyone. Someone mentioned "not aligned to any party", and that just brought about emotions and I used it as a platform to write my piece.Sorry if you misunderstood.

Quote:
I do love my country a lot. If I don't find a good person to support then should I still need to support these thieves? Sorry.
No, but don't paint everybody with the same brush,that's all I'm saying.
Old March 12, 2013, 09:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
No, but don't paint everybody with the same brush,that's all I'm saying.
They are already painted with a single color, "Bangladeshi Politics".
Old March 12, 2013, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
If you are sold, you think every one should be sold huh.... Stupid concept
lol. Well we can go back and forth on this. No one is ever absolutely right of course. There is misinformation and lack of information.

But I think it takes more work to be "sold" on a concept than standing aside and screaming for neutrality.
Old March 12, 2013, 10:04 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:

To me, no party in Bangladesh loves country. One party is selling FATHER and LIBERATION. Another one is selling HUSBAND and NATIONALISM. The other one is selling ISLAM.
Exactly. And its NOT rocket science. And I find it shocking to see how many erudite learned people are blindly following these sickening filthy political parties and trying hard to justify wicked actions by saying so and so did this before..

And on top of that if you criticise BNP, you are labelled as pro BAL/Baksal/ nastik, hartal lover. And You think you cannot get away by criticizing BAL? Nooo..You become nobbo razakar, pro Pakistan

We need to come out of this trend. Or else we will be in this mayhem FOREVER
Old March 12, 2013, 10:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

But Roey, your sweeping generalization of BNP is also extreme. Once you even said " How one can support the party of Ziaur Rahman and still love Bd is beyond me"? [post 2177]... Its quite evident that you support BAL but why can't one support BNP and also love BD?
Old March 12, 2013, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
But Roey, your sweeping generalization of BNP is also extreme. Once you even said " How one can support the party of Ziaur Rahman and still love Bd is beyond me"? [post 2177]... Its quite evident that you support BAL but why can't one support BNP and also love BD?
I actually consider myself a supporter of Bongobondhu and the 4 leaders.

To answer your question, one can definitely support BNP and still love Bd. What I meant was one cannot support Ziaur Rahman and still love Bd.

And is my "sweeping generalization" really extreme? Is it even a "generalization"? Name 10 BNP top guns who have never been involved with corruption or war crimes. I have nothing against the the possibility of a neo-BNP made up of people who shun their party's cringe worthy history and find a better foundation, one that has nothing to do with the Zia family.
Old March 12, 2013, 11:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Quote:

I refrained myself from voting in national polls so far in my life As a SILENT protest. Probably will continue the same.
And this right here is the real issue with out country - the political parties don't give a **** about our country. The dumbass family business wouldn't be so bad if they actually cared about our country.

Until we can get rid of these selfish douchebags, our country will remain in the shadows. What we need is a new generation of leaders. We have lacked proper leadership right from the start, and continue to do so. We need someone with a vision, and the mindset to actually carry out plans required to reach that vision.
Old March 12, 2013, 11:46 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:

Naimul, we already have established unfortunate custom of attacking opposition office and arresting few political activists. This has been going on for a while. BNP police attacked AL office as you have pointed out, and AL police attacked BNP nayapaltan office numerous times. This has now escalated to arresting general secretary and other top leaders of the party, and then giving imaginary alibi for their arrest. Now BNP will return the favour if they can get into power at some point in the future. A lot of us are supporting this and showing cavalier attitude towards this which I find very difficult to understand.

What next? Arrange a shoot-out and kill top leaders within the political office? If we slide at this rate, this is a real possibility in future.
Old March 12, 2013, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
BAKSHAL although relates to killing and torture, but it's more relevant to Dictatorial rule, freedom of press and nationalization of economy. So you have to actually stop pretending.

Hartal and hartal related violence isn't new and not that AL has never done it. So none refers to that when they ref to BAKSHAL...
So how is economy being nationalized? Boishakhi, NTV, Diganta are all channels operated and owned by people aligned towards Jamaat and BNP... U can bring about example of Amar Desh editor, but atleast the newspaper still operates, that was hardly the case with Ekushey TV and Simon Dring...

And Hartal to save war Criminals is shameful and cringeworthy...
Old March 12, 2013, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Oh dear.

TUESDAY, MARCH 12, 2013
Mysterious cops at ICT prosecutor’s house

Quote:
Two persons impersonating as policemen allegedly attempted to intrude into the residence of Tureen Afroz, a newly appointed prosecutor of war crimes tribunals, at Uttara in the capital yesterday.
Being resisted by a security guard at the house and a driver, the strangers threatened them and left the place, Tureen said, and expressed deep concern about the security of herself and her family members.
Contacted, the prosecutor said two persons identifying themselves as personnel from Uttara West Police Station tried to enter her house around 3:00pm when she was at the tribunals.
Old March 12, 2013, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

In a related news...

Pakistan's minorities are under attack and the country's blasphemy laws must share the blame

where do we find balance?
Old March 12, 2013, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

To answer your question, one can definitely support BNP and still love Bd. What I meant was one cannot support Ziaur Rahman and still love Bd.

And is my "sweeping generalization" really extreme? Is it even a "generalization"? Name 10 BNP top guns who have never been involved with corruption or war crimes. I have nothing against the the possibility of a neo-BNP made up of people who shun their party's cringe worthy history and find a better foundation, one that has nothing to do with the Zia family.
10?? Thats a massive number... How about name 3 first...
Old March 12, 2013, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Exactly. And its NOT rocket science. And I find it shocking to see how many erudite learned people are blindly following these sickening filthy political parties and trying hard to justify wicked actions by saying so and so did this before..

And on top of that if you criticise BNP, you are labelled as pro BAL/Baksal/ nastik, hartal lover. And You think you cannot get away by criticizing BAL? Nooo..You become nobbo razakar, pro Pakistan

We need to come out of this trend. Or else we will be in this mayhem FOREVER
Nastik should not be used as a gali, it is a personal choice people make.... Also note Praying 5 times a day does not make a person religious or an honest man....
Old March 12, 2013, 01:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:

How is it possible to support BNP but not support Ziaur Rahman? That guy is BNP's founder and his face is literally present in every single poster. You said one can't be neutral or non aligned, and now saying can't support Zia too. Dolbihin thakte parbe nah abar Zia ke o support korte parbe nah, so that means he/she has no choice but to support BAL.

Regarding corruption free politics. It will be extremely hard to find any top BNP/BAL politicians who at one time or another never dealt in corruption. Unfortunately, that is the state of our politics and no surprise we became no. 1 for years. But few BNP leaders like Dr. Moeen Khan, Nazrul Islam Khan, Barrister Jamiruddin Sarker (all current core members), and Mannan Bhuiyan (not sure), B Chowdhury comes into mind. I think they are quite clean.
Old March 12, 2013, 03:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo

And Hartal to save war Criminals is shameful and cringeworthy...
Naya Naya Politics e ashsen Naki uncle... AL didn't do political alignment with warcrimials? They didn't do hartal shoulder to shoulder to war criminals? AL leader ra Golam Azam er doa chaite jainai? ..... These are not cringeworthy for a party of 71 who failed to try war Crimnals and was busy consolidating power through BAKSHAL ??

War crimes er name ... Nijeder corruption covering, killing, political revenge and bakshalikoron is not cringe orthy?

Indiar kache desh beche deya isn't cringe worthy? Manmohan's visit gave us only two things and they got transit. Now the tax free garments have returned to it's own position by imposing 16% tax and the land border one isn't getting approval of the parliament... But they got what they wanted.... ...Bangadesh to shekher shompotti...jokhon chai bechte e pare...are dedicated Dalals thakle...to aar Kotha nai...

And amidst all these; we have recently toppled Srilanka and become the largest importer of Indian goods... Congratulations BAL for being number one importer of indian goods in SA; Jaak kichu achievement to ache...

Our politics and the dedicated followers .... Are most "cringeworthy"...
Old March 12, 2013, 03:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:

Naimul_Hd, this culture needs to stop. The govt (AL) could have done it's part by showing restraint, but they refused to do so... Neither's BNP nor AL wants to do anything to improve our political culture, so defending this type of action is the wrong thing to do for Bangladeshi Democracy. Unfortunately, I see no qualitative differences between the parties.