facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 7, 2010, 02:49 PM
Banned

Teams of National Cricket League 2010- NCL T20

Old April 7, 2010, 02:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
He is taking a break because of university exams.
Thanks Eshen. Man, how do you keep yourself up to date with all these info...I envy you
Old April 7, 2010, 02:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahsan
Thanks Eshen. Man, how do you keep yourself up to date with all these info...I envy you
I have synchronized my brain with google
Old April 7, 2010, 03:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Are you suggesting there will be match fixing?!

With a Kufa leader like Shakib, I doubt they will win any other way
don't forget mahfuzur rahman is the owner
Old April 7, 2010, 03:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Rajshahi seem to have got the worse team in this lottery. They are overburdened with Pilot as the keeper.

Their best XI seam to be -

Zunaed Siddique
Hannan Sarkar
Naeem Islam
Shuvagoto Hom
Nadif Chowdhury
Suhrawadi Shuvo
Ejaz Ahmed
Shafiul Islam
Khaled Mashud
Muktar Ali
Sanjamul Islam
Old April 7, 2010, 03:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

so no auctions for the foreign players?
Old April 7, 2010, 03:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk619
so no auctions for the foreign players?
There was no auction for any player. Selectors decided who will get how much and then teams picked players in a lottery (besides 24 Icons who were assigned to different teams by BCB).

Foreign players may not agree to whatever our selectors may think they are worth, so they have to be handled separately.
Old April 7, 2010, 03:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Has the schedule been released/announced yet?

Is it a league or by groups? Any semis or finals?
From what I have gathered from so far - there will a single round league of 15 matches among 6 teams, and then there will be two semi's and a final. Five of the matches will be held during evening.

The opening match on Sunday evening will be between Cyclones and Rangers.
Old April 7, 2010, 03:50 PM
Cricket Guru

From http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...-08/news/54973
Quote:
খেলোয়াড় বাছাইয়ের জনà§à¦¯ আইকন খেলোয়াড় ছাড়া তালিকায় নাম ছিল ১১৯ জনের। চারজন আইকন খেলোয়াড়ের সঙà§à¦—ে আরও ১০ জন করে খেলোয়াড় নিয়েছে পà§à¦°à¦¤à¦¿à¦Ÿà¦¿ দল। অবিকà§à¦°à§€à¦¤ থেকে গেলেন পà§à¦°à¦¾à§Ÿ ৬০ জন। জাতীয় দলের পেসার শাহাদাত হোসেনও à¦à¦à¦¦à§‡à¦° à¦à¦•à¦œà¦¨à¥¤ à¦à¦à¦¦à§‡à¦° কী হবে? টà§à¦°à§à¦¨à¦¾à¦®à§‡à¦¨à§à¦Ÿ কমিটির চেয়ারমà§à¦¯à¦¾à¦¨ গাজী আশরাফ হোসেনের কণà§à¦ à§‡ দà§à¦ƒà¦– à¦à¦°à§‡ পড়ল, ‘কী আর করা? তবে পà§à¦°à¦¤à¦¿à¦Ÿà¦¿ দল ২০ জন খেলোয়াড় নিবনà§à¦§à¦¨ করাতে পারবে। অনà§à¦¯à¦¦à§‡à¦° থেকে অনেককেই হয়তো ফà§à¦°à§à¦¯à¦¾à¦žà§à¦šà¦¾à¦‡à¦œà¦¿à¦—à§à¦²à§ ‹ নেবে আশা করি।’ অবশà§à¦¯ বিদেশি খেলোয়াড়েরাও ওà¦à¦¦à§‡à¦° মà§à¦–ের গà§à¦°à¦¾à¦¸ কেড়ে নিতে পারেন। পà§à¦°à¦¤à¦¿à¦Ÿà¦¿ দল ৬ জন করে বিদেশি খেলোয়াড় নিবনà§à¦§à¦¨ করতে পারবে। কালই কয়েকটি দল বলছিল, তারা ভালো বিদেশি খেলোয়াড়ও আনবে। মাশরাফি বিন মà§à¦°à§à¦¤à¦œà¦¾ আইপিà¦à¦²à§‡ কলকাতা নাইট রাইডারà§à¦¸ দলের সঙà§à¦—ে যà§à¦•à§à¦¤ থাকায় আইকন খেলোয়াড় হিসেবে বিবেচিত হতে পারেননি। তবে পাওয়ার সমà§à¦­à¦¾à¦¬à¦¨à¦¾ কম জেনেও তাà¦à¦•à§‡ দলে নিয়েছে সিলেট।
Old April 7, 2010, 03:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
barishal can pick asif hossain ratul . i heard that he is a decent batsman.
Old April 7, 2010, 05:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

I dont if this has been posted, Cyclones have drafted in Shoaib Akhtar!! and Mash is apperantly playing for Sylhet.

source: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=133458
While the Sultans of Sylhet grabbed the biggest local name in Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, the Cyclones of Chittagong made an even bigger splash after they announced the capture of Pakistan speedster Shoaib Akhter for the National Cricket League's brand new Twenty20 tournament.
Sylhet snapped up Bangladesh pacer Mashrafe when six franchises chose the players through a lottery during a marathon launching ceremony at the Sheraton Hotel yesterday.
However, dashing opener Tamim Iqbal, the Icon of Cyclones of Chittagong, soon burst Sylhet's bubble as he disclosed that his side was all set to bring in Akhter, who has been in the wilderness of international cricket for quite a long period of time.
"It is all but confirmed that [Shoaib] Akhter will join the team before the start of the tournament [on April 11]," said Tamim.
Country's leading paceman Mashrafe, who is currently with IPL side Kolkata Knight Riders, was also given the highest grade but not included in the Icon Players' list. Sylhet capitalised on this and picked his name in their first opportunity.
In the launching ceremony of the tournament the main attraction was the players' selections through lottery after the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) had initially distributed four Icon Players amongst each of the six divisional teams.
The respective teams' Icon Players along with the coaching staff took part in the lottery to select the player and they got little time to think about the selection.
During the programme, which started an hour later than scheduled, the owners of the six divisional teams were introduced and the logos for the different teams were also unveiled.
BCB's director and marketing committee chairman Aziz Al Kaiser Titoo along with his three other partners came forward to buy the Barisal team to make sure that no team would remain unsold.
ATN Records, who got the event marketing rights, also signed a deal with Destiny2000, which earned the title sponsorship rights spending Tk 1.5 crore.
Gazi Ashraf Hossain, BCB's director and chairman of the tournament committee, informed that five matches would be held under floodlights at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur despite the country going through a severe power crisis.
"First of all I apologise for the delay. We believe that it would be a successful event and helpful for the national players before the World Cup. Despite power crisis five matches will be day-night affairs," said Ashraf.
Former national skipper Roquibul Hassan was moderator in the programme.
CYCLONES OF CHITTAGONG
Tamim Iqbal, Aftab Ahmed, Rubel Hossain, Faisal Hossain, Nasir Hossain, Uttam Sarker, Enamul Haque, Saqlain Sajib, Marshal Ayub, Kamrul Islam, Nafis Iqbal, Sharifullah, Talha Jubair and Tanveer Haider.
DHAKA DYNAMITES
Mohammad Ashraful, Mahmudullah Riyad, Jahirul Islam, Mahbubul Alam, Shamsur Rahman, Mohammad Rafique, Nur Hossain Munna, Tapash Baishya, Emon Ahmed, Abul Hasan Raju, Nabil Samad, Mohammad Shahajada, Mehrab Hossain and Rumman Ahmed.
KINGS OF KHULNA
Shakib Al Hasan, Abdur Razzak, Imrul Kayes, Dollar Mahmud, Mohammad Mithun, Imtiaz Hossain, Alauddin Babu, Tushar Imran, Forhad Hossain and Mohammad Sharif, Elias Sunny, Nurul Hossain, Tareq Aziz Khan and Nizamuddin.
BARISAL BLAZERS
Nafees Iqbal, Rokibul Hasan, Nazimuddin, Ziaur Rahman, Sabbir Ahmed, Rony Talukdar, Syed Rasel, Shuvasish Roy, Arafat Sunny, Shaker Ahmed, Sahagir Hossain, Mahmudul Hasan, Robiul Islam and Monir Hossain.
RAJSHAHI RANGERS
Naeem Islam, Junaed Siddiqui, Shafiul Islam, Sohrawardi Shuvo, Sanjamul Islam, Shuvagoto Hom, Nadif Chowdhury, Mukter Ali, Khaled Mashud, Hannan Sarker, Ezaz Ahmed, Delwar Hossain, Anisur Rahman and Taposh Ghosh.
SULTANS OF SYLHET
Alok Kapali, Forhad Reza, Nazmul Hossain, Mosharraf Rubel, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Nazmul Hossain Milon, Ariful Haque, Zubaer Ahmed, Nazmus Sadat, Dhiman Ghosh, Amit Majumdar, Farid Uddin, Gazi Salahuddin and Rajin Saleh.
Old April 7, 2010, 05:27 PM
Cricket Sage

I do feel for the other players, but the fact is its all about survival of the fittest. Those who will miss out this year, I hope in the coming year they work hard and prove to everybody that they deserve to be here. Because if they don't soon enough they will become nobody.
Old April 7, 2010, 05:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

i think this NCL/2020 team owners know about players or atleast follow cricket.

shahadat is not a good 20/20 players but some how our selectors pick him for this format.

javed omar, sanwar are oldies and unfit for this format.
mushfiq is another unfit for this format.

i think mehrab jr played well in last PCL in chittagong, though he is not a 20/20 player but he showed some capability plus he is a handy allrounder--may be thats why he get picked.

ehsanul haq sejan---- recently he retired to be part of selection committee, i think if he wouldnt retire--he would get picked liked faisal hossain, he was super consistent in domestic.
Old April 7, 2010, 05:34 PM
Banned

my surprise---why anamul haq the keeper didnt get picked. he could have been a trump card for some team.
Old April 7, 2010, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
There are 36 spots for foreigners in the tournament. I hope the teams don't only go for Pakistani players. There are plenty of potent Sri Lankans, Zimbabweans and West Indians who would be good signings and make the league more diverse. A two week tour of Bangladesh may also tempt some New Zealanders and South Africans to come and play.

I'd like to see Chigumbura, Taibu, Taylor, Malinga Bandara, Tharanga in the league

if they can get Lou vincent, they can get any players. get some aussie, english, saf players, it will increase value of the tournament. i prefer more quality bowlers to play in the league, so our batsman will learn something--how to play quality bowlers.
Old April 7, 2010, 05:54 PM
Banned

NCL T20 event launches Video
http://pcl2020.blogspot.com/2010/04/...0-rangers.html

Last edited by bugmenot; April 7, 2010 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: error
Old April 7, 2010, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
From what I have gathered from so far - there will a single round league of 15 matches among 6 teams, and then there will be two semi's and a final. Five of the matches will be held during evening.

The opening match on Sunday evening will be between Cyclones and Rangers.
thanks as always to your effort to bring us all this news.

Maybe the teams can look into the Kings Panjab team for players They're not going anywhere in the IPL this year
Old April 7, 2010, 06:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Is the schedule of the tournament out yet?
Old April 7, 2010, 07:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

how much are the top players earning?

IMO, they should have a draft with these same team names for the FC and List A tournies as well...we must comerialize this as much as possible and pay the performing players handsomely.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 7, 2010, 08:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
if they can get Lou vincent, they can get any players. get some aussie, english, saf players, it will increase value of the tournament. i prefer more quality bowlers to play in the league, so our batsman will learn something--how to play quality bowlers.
In PCL, foreigners got $2K-3K per match. Here, even the Icons getting less than $6K for the whole tournament (5-7 matches). I doubt you can get same international players PCL hired for cheaper prices.
Old April 7, 2010, 08:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
In PCL, foreigners got $2K-3K per match. Here, even the Icons getting less than $6K for the whole tournament (5-7 matches). I doubt you can get same international players PCL hired for cheaper prices.
I hope in the near future PCL team owners will look into buying NCL teams.
Old April 7, 2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
BTW, any news on foreigners? It will prolly be hard to attract quality international players with only $4K-5K (for the whole tourny). They don't have much time to negotiate with foreigners either.
You might see lots of Pak players!
Old April 7, 2010, 09:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Rajshahi seem to have got the worse team in this lottery. They are overburdened with Pilot as the keeper.

Their best XI seam to be -

Zunaed Siddique
Hannan Sarkar
Naeem Islam
Shuvagoto Hom
Nadif Chowdhury
Suhrawadi Shuvo
Ejaz Ahmed
Shafiul Islam
Khaled Mashud
Muktar Ali
Sanjamul Islam
add two foreign players
Old April 7, 2010, 10:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

with all the obesession of Hasina on being digital, its surprising that Lotus has not pushed for at least a NCL T20 website.
Old April 7, 2010, 10:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

for me all the team looks decent and balanced.... so the games should be exciting and competitive.

now the players who missed out is unlucky. still some more players will be added but they will get less chance to play.

now next season should we add more franchises ??? its not necessary that the franchises should be a divisional head. anyway rangpur, bogura, noakhali, jessore, mymensingh, comilla, faridpur are some big towns which can be added as franchises. more franchises more players can get involved.

But again the question comes to me.... bogura has a good cricket stadium. faridpur and mymensingh has decent cricket ground. what about noakhali,rangpur, jessore, comilla ?????

i think franchises can invest money in developing good cricket ground is these bigger towns of bangladesh.

whats the point of PCL investing money in a seperate tourney ??? let them invest in a franchise based on noakahali or comilla and then develop the cricketing facilites in the town. let them make the NCL a bigger tournament by making more teams and making them play home and away ???

players would certainly like to play a bigger tourney than 2-3 short tourney.