facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old September 6, 2004, 09:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

aftr practice matches it seems our batting is getting stronger, but bowling is getting down again........cum on man whn we gana c a balance bd team....?

Old September 6, 2004, 10:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by billah
What this indicates that the bowling department is having issues. Til now, they were outperforming the batting and fielding. What's happening?
It seems that when our batsmen click, our bowlers don't, and when our bowlers click, our batsmen don't. I don't know if it is because the bowlers become complacent when they see a high total posted by the batsmen or just coincidence/bad luck. Why can't these two factions work in sync?
Old September 7, 2004, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
If you want to know my secret - as to why I am as pessimistic as I have been tonight - its because whenever I'm thinking we're losing - we win.

Muhahahahaha (learnt this laugh from Tehsin)

And about the Scotland match - I was sure (which is quite unlike me - you might have noticed) of a win after scoring 259 that day, then I went out for a few hours knowing well (well, not knowing - being complascent) that we're on our way to win and thus, stopped myself from being pessimist and so we lost. That's the simple equation for me.

Anyway, if you can't understand my gibberish in the above paragraph, just read "MY BEING PESSIMISTIC WORKS!"
Sure...what ever!!! :P Don't worry...just kidding...juuuuust kidding
Old September 7, 2004, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Does anyone have an actual score card and bowling figures. Or havent they produced one yet.
Old September 7, 2004, 04:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Exactly i would like to see one as well
Old September 7, 2004, 04:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

no score card yet because a bangladesh win against USA does not matter to cricinfo or BBC.
Old September 7, 2004, 04:39 AM
Club Cricketer

As people are very keen to keep mentioning these are practice matches and do not have 'official' status. There also has to be a bit a realism about the attention paid to an Australia Pakistan warm-up at Lords versus a game involving the USA.

Scotland and Ireland as associate countries manage to produce online scorecards (if not live ones) for all their games regardless of the BBC and cricinfo. Why not Bangladesh? Why rely on somebody else? In fact cricinfo will have sourced the scorecards for the recent games from them not produced them themselves. Where is the offical site for Bangladesh? I presume it is the cricinfo location and it is up to the Bangladesh board to dictate its use not cricinfo.

How do Scotland and Ireland maintain online scorecards and a pretty comprehensive coverage of cricket in their countries? Largely through volunteers. They are not large enough to do otherwise.

This is a vibrant site with people willing to help Bangladesh cricket. So how about volunteering to be the 'official' first stop host for such scorecards for the Bangladesh sides or help your board to do it by volunteering your assistance. My apologies if this already happens but it is not clear to me that it does and if so has not yet happened in this instance.

So get the team scorer to send their scorecards to you. Just a suggestion.

Edited on, September 7, 2004, 9:43 AM GMT, by Trueblue.
Old September 7, 2004, 05:10 AM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Trueblue
Nice suggestion. Thank you. We are working on it. There are still large communication gaps between us, the fans and the BCB officials. We are actively working to narrow it down. Besides, BCB does not have official online presence at the moment.
Old September 7, 2004, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

it only would have mattered to them if we had lost........
Old September 7, 2004, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend

BCB hochhe akhono mandhatar amaoler jinish diye chole. achha ami buzhi na, amader dole na akjon computer analyst na ki jano akta ase. uni to mone hoi aishob bishoy pare, ta uni aktu koshto kore kothao theke internet niye aikhane post kore na keno.
Old September 7, 2004, 07:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally posted by Trueblue
As people are very keen to keep mentioning these are practice matches and do not have 'official' status. There also has to be a bit a realism about the attention paid to an Australia Pakistan warm-up at Lords versus a game involving the USA.

Scotland and Ireland as associate countries manage to produce online scorecards (if not live ones) for all their games regardless of the BBC and cricinfo. Why not Bangladesh? Why rely on somebody else? In fact cricinfo will have sourced the scorecards for the recent games from them not produced them themselves. Where is the offical site for Bangladesh? I presume it is the cricinfo location and it is up to the Bangladesh board to dictate its use not cricinfo.

How do Scotland and Ireland maintain online scorecards and a pretty comprehensive coverage of cricket in their countries? Largely through volunteers. They are not large enough to do otherwise.

This is a vibrant site with people willing to help Bangladesh cricket. So how about volunteering to be the 'official' first stop host for such scorecards for the Bangladesh sides or help your board to do it by volunteering your assistance. My apologies if this already happens but it is not clear to me that it does and if so has not yet happened in this instance.

Edited on, September 7, 2004, 9:43 AM GMT, by Trueblue.
If the games were in bd you won't have to cry for score card but its not and we don't have people who can voluntarily travell around with the team i guess....

DO u guys have voulnteers travell around with the team or its just when other teams comes to scottland or ireland? just wondering.. so that we might be able to follow your footsteps too...

Edited on, September 7, 2004, 12:56 PM GMT, by akabir77.
Old September 7, 2004, 10:12 AM
Club Cricketer

But the team and their management is there.

I am presuming that Scotland need to provide a scorer for their games and that he/she provides the raw data. Failing that the team management gets the scorecard back. Then I think there is a volunteer who handles the stats and the scores and to my mind does an impressive job. So this year there have been scorecards from Dubai as well as all the rest and they are available acceptably promptly.

Admittedly it might be a bit easier these days with matches getting more publicity and there might be some reliance on other official sources. However in the past this was not the case and all Scotland internationals since 1865 to date can be found at the link below along with the team/players stats. So someone has been very busy.

http://www.btinternet.com/~sncl/saltires/cstr49.htm

I like this one

Scotland v WG Grace's XI 1890
http://www.btinternet.com/~sncl/saltires/cstm543.htm
The famous name got 8 but took 5 wickets.

How about volunteering a neutral i.e. non fan based or non banglacricket based Bangladesh site/url purely for scores/stats which the Bangladesh board would be happy with. This is effectively what has happened with the Scotland stats above. Are all the scorecards for Bangladesh matches online somewhere?

Anyway it was just a suggestion. I'm not having a dig at anyone. But enough of Scotland this is a Bangladesh site!!!!!!!

Edited on, September 7, 2004, 3:39 PM GMT, by Trueblue.
Old September 7, 2004, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Trueblue does have a good point. We need to initiate contact with the BCB and set up some friendly lines of communication. The ideal goal would be the the assignment of a liaison during each away tour who can be contacted (by phone/email etc) for updates and information regarding a tour.
Old September 7, 2004, 10:34 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I'm just wondering, isn't Cricinfo based in England? So, if the scorecards are so hard to find for games in England, then all the sites in the rest of the world must be doing a commandable job. :P
Old September 7, 2004, 10:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes. On this BC/BCB contact issue i think i have also been harping about it over the years here. But on the other hand , as a board, we have been managing to get scores more effectively these days. However, the ideas expressed in the above threads are valuable indeed for our future.
Old September 7, 2004, 11:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid
Trueblue does have a good point. We need to initiate contact with the BCB and set up some friendly lines of communication. The ideal goal would be the the assignment of a liaison during each away tour who can be contacted (by phone/email etc) for updates and information regarding a tour.
Thanks trublue for your time and effort... Now zunaid bhai problem is does anyone in bd management knows how to mail? I am saying this because our manager didn't know what cricinfo is....

I think the best man for this kind of job would be the trainer... if he is anything like our u-19 coach he will gladly do that can we get his e-mail from coach as we don't have to worry about scorecards for under -19 game anymore for his effort also he writes the game reports toooo.. Just a thought

Edited on, September 7, 2004, 4:30 PM GMT, by akabir77.