facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 19, 2011, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i'm a bit smarter than your average idiot. i rarely make absolute remarks a la "normal countries unlike pakistan..." and other such mentally challenged statements devoid of at least some semblance of academic veracity.

i said MOST IF NOT ALL. hence, even if you are correct with your post above vis a vis Sri Lanka/Australia...i've covered my buttcheeks in anticipation of a statement like the one above.

as far as frankly offensive things go, i find your insinuation that Bangladeshi fans cheered Indian injuries as opposed to good RBX deliveries "frankly offensive". in other words, as eminem said in the song 'rain man', "i find you offensive, for finding me offensive..."
to understand even the basics of quantum mech you need some grasp of calculus, classical mech and probability. similarly to understand pakistan there are some basic info one needs to have. I provided some references for your basic 'education' but I didn't see you following up on it.
no wonder, QMech also feels like "mentally challenged statements devoid of at least some semblance of academic veracity" to most middle school folk with delusions of being 'highly educated'.
I am still willing to take you up on a discussion on the said issue in FC, provided you are up to it.

just FYI though, a couple of CYA inserts doesn't take away from the basic insinuation of your statement. or are you telling me that you agree with the rednecks who make statements like "most if not all muslims are terrorists" ? or that just the CYA inserts (which is all you did) make their statements true ?
and you call yourself smarter than the average idiot ?

Old February 19, 2011, 01:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean williams

munna is best bowler

4 wickets for him.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:58 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Congrats India. You were the better team!
Thank you. Good night(I think its 1'o clock in BD isn't it?)

Will cheer for you guys in the match against Ireland, till then goodbye from me
Old February 19, 2011, 02:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean williams

Quote:
Congrats India. You were the better team!
thanks.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Alright Al, go to bed or I'll tell on you. You've started talking out of your a$$ now.
i may be on 4 hours of sleep the past 48 hours, but my argument is sound. i have, technically, covered my azz, no matter how valid neel's point may be. i specifically edited my post to include the words "most if not all" because i anticipated somewhat exactly that line of cliched polemic.

i also find his finding us offensive, offensive. so who's to say his views are more valid than mine?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 19, 2011, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

I never said anything about "finding us offensive". you are inventing things now, good for you.
keep at it and you might even make money from wall street.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:11 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by aventis
I have been in different countries-Cricket Forums for a long time and my from my observations ( I hate to say this ) I have found bangladesh fans as the WORST.

Ask me why ?
Why should I ask you a nonsense question? BD fans are nowhere near the worst fans, today's behavior notwithstanding. I know we will see more normal crowd behavior after the first match (that too against India) is out of the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aventis
....just imagine if BD had been the amongst the top 3 teams , I shudder what their fans attitude would have been .
No worse than the Indian fans, I can assure you. (I don't mean all Indian fans are bad, but a typical Indian fan, what can I say? I say this despite the fact that many of my close friends are from India.)
Old February 19, 2011, 02:14 PM
Street Cricketer

Much ado about nothing in the end. Veeru made mince meat out of BD bowling as he promised. At least BD batsmen should have had a go at the target after such a superb start. Really disappointing.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:17 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
just imagine if BD had been the amongst the top 3 teams
That is a pretty difficult thing to imagine.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
Tiger444,
Rohit is all class,but something is not clicking for him, need to work on his batting more.
Raina is also a gun player but have problems in handling short balls, so he also have to work on his batting.
Kohli is the new kid to the scene, has proved lot but as a fan I expect him to scale new heights
all the three guys above will take part in India side in the future when our seniors retire.
After 10 more years, Raina may not be in the Indian team, but Kohli will likely be one of the stalwarts, unless his maturity fails him. (It has happened to other players, e.g., Kambli.)

Quote:
Batting was never been a problem for us never ever.
India's batting was very much a problem until the mid-80's, when India had a total of two and a half batsmen. Sunny, Viswanath, and the rest of the team. After that, India had been getting a steady stream of sound batsmen.

Quote:
I see great future for Bangladesh also, heard BD Avg.Team age is 23, guys your team has great future ahead but players need to keep on working and not contend with where they are now.
It will take more experience to be counted as a true top team, but I'll consider not making the QF a disaster.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:21 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Few things that could have made a differenc eor that did make a difference.

- Our bowling at times was "too friendly"
- our field placement was out of whack. The Indian fielders were all placed alongside the boundary resulting in a drought of boundaries. We opened up the field for Sehwag and Kohli to score those boundaries freely.
- PP. Seriously, set batsmen, when it's time to accelerate. Not when Rock the blockER comes in. Again, that six was a rare sight. I feel privileged. Eid er chad thekeo moha mullobaan.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
I never said anything about "finding us offensive". you are inventing things now, good for you.
keep at it and you might even make money from wall street.
wall street is for the diligent...lazy people have other ways of making their millions and in comparable time too.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 19, 2011, 02:27 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Few things that could have made a differenc eor that did make a difference.

- Our bowling at times was "too friendly"
- our field placement was out of whack. The Indian fielders were all placed alongside the boundary resulting in a drought of boundaries. We opened up the field for Sehwag and Kohli to score those boundaries freely.
- PP. Seriously, set batsmen, when it's time to accelerate. Not when Rock the blockER comes in. Again, that six was a rare sight. I feel privileged. Eid er chad thekeo moha mullobaan.
- Shafiul's second spell. Shaf gave the opening away. India was looking fearsome. Shak takes him out and manages to put a leash on the runscoring. Then, out of nowhere, Shak gives the ball back to a very wayward and extremely dissapointing Shaf. Poor rotation.
- Body language during the bowling was poor and allowed Sehwaand kohli to get and stay on top of the bowlers.
- We need some wicket taking bowlers.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

It was Shewag with his blistering innings. Took the game away from the Tigers. After the match Kohli said Shewag was challenging him to go for big hits. So he was also installing fire power in other batsmen too.

Had it been 300-310 instead of 370 BD might be able to chase down.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:32 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
It was Shewag with his blistering innings. Took the game away from the Tigers. After the match Kohli said Shewag was challenging him to go for big hits. So he was also installing fire power in other batsmen too.

Had it been 300-310 instead of 370 BD might be able to chase down.
had it been 300-310 --BD would have taken more chance shots and get out and bundled by 200...

jadi r nadi ..
ifs and buts .. diye kissu hoi na kaku
Old February 19, 2011, 02:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
Tiger444,
Rohit is all class,but something is not clicking for him, need to work on his batting more.
Raina is also a gun player but have problems in handling short balls, so he also have to work on his batting.
Kohli is the new kid to the scene, has proved lot but as a fan I expect him to scale new heights
all the three guys above will take part in India side in the future when our seniors retire.

Batting was never been a problem for us never ever.

I see great future for Bangladesh also, heard BD Avg.Team age is 23, guys your team has great future ahead but players need to keep on working and not contend with where they are now.
Not an expert on batting but from what I remember sharma is a talented player with a lot of shots but has very poor shot selection. Probably needs to be more mature. Rainas technique against short pitched bowling as you say needs work but definitely has talent. Kholi I feel is the most matured out of the 3 and the most well rounded. Definitely a future captain for india.

Ya we're still a really young team. We're the youngest team in this years tournament by a pretty big margin. All of our players can play a lot of shots but have to work on their limitations and get better at rotating the strike. With time and experience we'll improve.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old February 19, 2011, 02:39 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Veeru took the game seriously. He did not go the wham bam route just to be on the safe side until it was too late. He was calm, collected and supperbly supported by Kohli, Shafiul and co. He had something to prove and he proved it.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Good thing is Tendulkar will always regret that he couldn't score a century against Bangladesh in ODIs.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Congratulation to India!

Hope they continue to beat rest of the teams in group B.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hhahahahaha...shobai matha thanda korun...thanda pani dhalun..aar Allah Allah korun..du bela kheye beche je achi etai Allah-er rohmot!

Bhais, India is a super giant of a cricket team...and India won....I say a big congrats to India and also well done to the BD boys for what they have done i.e. scoring 283.

Last edited by bujhee kom; February 19, 2011 at 02:57 PM..
Old February 19, 2011, 02:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Forgot to say this before but congrats to India. You guys played better and deserved to win. Best of luck for the rest of the tournament.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old February 19, 2011, 03:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

The moment our bowlers allowed India to score 370 runs, we lost the match right at that moment. Our batsmen are simply not capable of scoring 371 runs specially against a strong team like India. I will not blame our batsmen, in my opinion they actually did a great job scoring 283 runs against India. I am afraid it was our poor and below par bowling that let us down. Our bowling was loose and toothless. Our bowlers bowled with no venom and with very poor line and length. Too many loose deliveries that allowed Indian batsmen to score at ease. At no point did our bowlers threaten the Indian batsmen. I also think our field placement was poor too. If you look at the way the Indian bowlers bowled, they did not do anything spectacular or extraordinary, the kept it simple and bowled stump to stump with much more accurate line and length. Spin bowling is our main strength but yet our spinners (including Shakib) looked ordinary and inapt with their efforts. I don't know if it was the pressure of the ocassion but our bowling looked really ordinary and harmless, our bowlers posed absolutely no threat to the Indian batsmen.

That all being said, I think India is a very strong team and most teams will find it difficult competing against them. In my opinion they could actually go all the way and win the world cup. So in that context I don't think we did too bad. But our players and coaches really need to go back to the drawing board and work on our bowling, field placement and oh! we really need learn how take our power play at the right time. It looks like we are always taking it way too late and therefore we are not scoring that many runs in our 2nd power play.

Anyway CONGRATS to INDIA for winning today's match. You guys were obviously the better team to win. Good Luck with your next matches. Meanwhile I hope our players will go back and regroup and come back hard for the next game against Ireland. GO TIGERS!!! GO GET EM!!
Old February 19, 2011, 03:41 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
He refused to be drawn into discussing the non-selection of Mohammad Ashraful, who has spent more time on the bench than in the playing XI under his captaincy, and to a pointed question on whether he had a problem with the senior players, his response was a cryptic and dismissive "no comments."
Now why would he say "no comments"? He should have said "No, I have no issues with the senior players. One is injured and healing, and other one just sucks big time/Not performing".
Old February 19, 2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithviraj
had it been 300-310 --BD would have taken more chance shots and get out and bundled by 200...

jadi r nadi ..
ifs and buts .. diye kissu hoi na kaku
Bhatija, are you saying that chasing 300-310 is more difficult than chasing 370? That's what it read like...
Old February 19, 2011, 04:38 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Even if the target was 70 run short, our game plan would've been a horrible one and we would've failed to chase it down. I think we should start bowling 2nd, there is no dew factor, not as much. And Indians are gone, it's time to go back to our strength and create 230 low scoring pitches.

And Shefuzz: "Everyone performed well except THE Sreesath", stupid crap. It's funny how some of the Indian fans try to imitate him and try to act all arrogant and talk like chashas. But of course there are people like Senman who don't talk out of their asses. Everyone nation has asstalkers, but India has the most, just like how they have the 2nd highest population.