facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 19, 2011, 04:58 PM
Street Cricketer

+1 to Shakil. Very good post. Good analysis, good understanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakil_TX
The moment our bowlers allowed India to score 370 runs, we lost the match right at that moment. Our batsmen are simply not capable of scoring 371 runs specially against a strong team like India. I will not blame our batsmen, in my opinion they actually did a great job scoring 283 runs against India. I am afraid it was our poor and below par bowling that let us down. Our bowling was loose and toothless. Our bowlers bowled with no venom and with very poor line and length. Too many loose deliveries that allowed Indian batsmen to score at ease. At no point did our bowlers threaten the Indian batsmen. I also think our field placement was poor too. If you look at the way the Indian bowlers bowled, they did not do anything spectacular or extraordinary, the kept it simple and bowled stump to stump with much more accurate line and length. Spin bowling is our main strength but yet our spinners (including Shakib) looked ordinary and inapt with their efforts. I don't know if it was the pressure of the ocassion but our bowling looked really ordinary and harmless, our bowlers posed absolutely no threat to the Indian batsmen.

That all being said, I think India is a very strong team and most teams will find it difficult competing against them. In my opinion they could actually go all the way and win the world cup. So in that context I don't think we did too bad. But our players and coaches really need to go back to the drawing board and work on our bowling, field placement and oh! we really need learn how take our power play at the right time. It looks like we are always taking it way too late and therefore we are not scoring that many runs in our 2nd power play.

Anyway CONGRATS to INDIA for winning today's match. You guys were obviously the better team to win. Good Luck with your next matches. Meanwhile I hope our players will go back and regroup and come back hard for the next game against Ireland. GO TIGERS!!! GO GET EM!!

Old February 19, 2011, 07:04 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Rex better stop this shite!
Rex ta abar ke..?
Old February 19, 2011, 09:50 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Please find me a 5-year old who can score 175 in ODI and I'll buy that bridge from you...
no..there is no 5 year old who can score 175..u got my point
Old February 19, 2011, 10:38 PM
Cricket Sage

I would like see a 5 year old smack bowlers all over the field at will. People seriously need to get over this. He talks like that about his own team mates. And they all seem to be perfectly fine with it. we have much bigger things to worry about

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 19, 2011, 10:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Agreed. Sehwag saying all that just gives us more props, show how seriously they took this game. This is what we wanted for all these years; opponent taking us more seriously. We should be happy about this. He is acting like they have beaten a top ranked side, or an Australian side from 03-05. That's great for us. Few years ago, this game wouldn't have been a big deal, but it was yestarday, because Sehwag made it to be. That's good for our ratings

Trust me, besides the Indians everyone supported us, so to hell with what one "talking from that heart" guy has to say.
Old February 19, 2011, 10:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Well played India, Congratz !!

The intent of winning was absent in BD body language from the very first ball. Body language in the field wasn't great.

Even after being in a good position we failed to show any intent of going for the target during batting. Still we could have lost, but absence of intent is more hurting than such spineless losses.
Old February 19, 2011, 11:21 PM
Administrator

I was there. I did not see a lack of intent. Fielding was superb even as we were given the heave ho by Sehwag and co. One can make a go of it but one doesn't have to be stupid about. Sure, we could have made a "go" of it and provide a brief and spectacular crash and burn. What is the point in that? They did try gamely and played to what they can do. The 270+ is going to come to good stead if rr becomes an issue. That is one very positive take away for us going forward. A #8 win over a #1 is not improbable but highly unlikely. We, including yours truly, wanted a repeat of 2007 but we also need to color our eternal optimism with a touch of reality. I will just have to ride the horses of my wishes another day.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 20, 2011, 04:37 AM
Cricket Savant

First 100 runs er Highlights ache karo kase? Bangladesh innings...Junaid's six was huuuge
Old February 20, 2011, 04:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Any highlight please

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old February 20, 2011, 04:54 AM
Banned

http://www.criconline.tv/bangladesh-...orld-cup-2011/

hls
Old February 20, 2011, 05:53 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
First 100 runs er Highlights ache karo kase? Bangladesh innings...Junaid's six was huuuge
http://onlinewatchsport.com/
Old February 20, 2011, 07:44 AM
Banned

Heres Shakib's after match press conference http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...4.html?genre=2
Old February 20, 2011, 07:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
http://rutube.ru/tracks/4121950.html...0af013331b858b
http://rutube.ru/tracks/4121690.html...b653dfa688ad7a
Old February 20, 2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithviraj
Rex ta abar ke..?
Roqibul.
Old February 20, 2011, 11:35 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

^isnt that rubel's nick?
Old February 20, 2011, 02:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Nah guys Rex is Razzak.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old February 20, 2011, 11:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

OOohhhoo money poreche...koi gelen go Prithviraj Kaku, kotha gelen, lookie naki? Apni bolechilen amar team harley apni amae ki jeno oi tonic othoba laal pani khawaben amakey...koi gelen go dada mosai...ami kintoo ekhon puro haa korey bose achi apnar ptho cheye....Naki ekhon apnar Ginnir/chachir excuse die palaben dada? Hahahahaha!!!
Old February 21, 2011, 12:24 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
OOohhhoo money poreche...koi gelen go Prithviraj Kaku, kotha gelen, lookie naki? Apni bolechilen amar team harley apni amae ki jeno oi tonic othoba laal pani khawaben amakey...koi gelen go dada mosai...ami kintoo ekhon puro haa korey bose achi apnar ptho cheye....Naki ekhon apnar Ginnir/chachir excuse die palaben dada? Hahahahaha!!!
ei to ese gechi..aj o kati roll (39th street er) e giye heavy pack mere elaam

plus Razzak er naam Rex !!!! tomader ki bileti naam er uppar fetish aache naki !!
Old February 21, 2011, 12:26 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Nah guys Rex is Razzak.

babba .... keno razzak naam tai to heavy ..."foreeen" sounding naaam chai sabar..!!
Old February 21, 2011, 01:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Nah guys Rex is Razzak.

It's a self styled nick coined by Sohel and is short for Nostrilamous Rex - a paean to our Razzaq's noses' dimensions. He married Nostril and Dinosaurus Rex to come up with this. He is quite prone to conjure inventive nicks from that fertile brain of his. He is persistent that Sohel of ours. Often his posts will be replete with these nicks that only he uses and I've to resort to searching for the mappings before I give up. Some of the nicks are genius and some should be forever buried. I will not say which is which. Sohel bro - just a friendly poke. You can come back at me when we meet again this afternoon.

Old February 21, 2011, 02:25 AM
Banned

was reading comments of indian fans in cricinfo. I cant beileve the things they are saying. They are the worst fans in the world. How come they forget they used to lose in every away series just few years back.
Old February 21, 2011, 02:27 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
was reading comments of indian fans in cricinfo. I cant beileve the things they are saying. They are the worst fans in the world. How come they forget they used to lose in every away series just few years back.
we are so bad..
dude...dont loose ur heart by reading through forum comments of anonymous ppl....
Old February 21, 2011, 02:35 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
now i just ignore cricinfo comments
Old February 21, 2011, 02:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
It's a self styled nick coined by Sohel and is short for Nostrilamous Rex - a paean to our Razzaq's noses' dimensions. He married Nostril and Dinosaurus Rex to come up with this. He is quite prone to conjure inventive nicks from that fertile brain of his. He is persistent that Sohel of ours. Often his posts will be replete with these nicks that only he uses and I've to resort to searching for the mappings before I give up. Some of the nicks are genius and some should be forever buried. I will not say which is which. Sohel bro - just a friendly poke. You can come back at me when we meet again this afternoon.

Excellent..couldn't have said it better! Our dear brainy imaginative Sohel bhai!
Old February 21, 2011, 03:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithviraj
we are so bad..
dude...dont loose ur heart by reading through forum comments of anonymous ppl....
Its not just fans, if you watch the recent wc videos made by cricinfo's indian reporters, you will feel there is a sense of negligence and sarcasm towards Bangldesh cricket. If you don't believe me check out Harsha Bhogle's match report of india vs bd match and another video made by cricinfo's indian reporters-

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte....html?genre=43
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...02235;genre=42

Harsha Bhoge labelled our effort to beat india as 'banana skin'.
Also before the match I was watching an indian cricket show where navjat singh sidhu said 'the problem occurs when a goose starts to think itself as a swan', Bangladesh being the goose. How can a tv personality say things like that! Is it wrong to try beating your opponents? Should we go into a match hoping we will lose to india?

When Bangladesh team toured australia people used to come pad on my sholdier and say, 'well done, you have come a long way' although we didnt play well against australia. But we have supported india for so long when we didnt have an established team. Our fans used to cheer their lungs out for india and pak. is that how you repay your well wishers?