facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 30, 2011, 02:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Double that are you freaking kidding me.

Who comes first depends on where you are and what sport you play. And I doubt there is even such an accepted convention in Bangladesh.

In fact, in the US of A, the home team is always the 2nd mention. So Pakistan vs Bangladesh would make sense to any American. They can, in a glance, tell that Pakistan is the touring team.

The convention started from the early days of baseball, when the visitors batted first and the visitors' name was listed first in the score-sheet. Also, reporters used 'at' as an alternate, viz Philadelphia at Dallas (Go Eagles! stomp them Cowboys).

Interestingly, most all team competitive sports in the US is in home-away basis - even and especially in schools.
You are correct Zunaid bhai. Home teams are last in USA. Its the opposite in UK, I believe. And, as far as PA football teams, Eagles are at least 100 steps below the Steelers! Here we Go Steelers !!

Old November 30, 2011, 04:45 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=212341

Cool & Cool Cup
Pakistan Vs Bangladesh

What's eating Tamim?

Dashing Tigers opener Tamim Iqbal (C) takes part in a sprinting exercise with batting gears on while Imrul Kayes (L) and trainer Grant Luden are setting the pace at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium yesterday.Photo: Anisur RahmanMohammad Isam
On this day last year, it was happy tidings for Tamim Iqbal.
He was returning to the national team after wrist surgery during the 4-0 thrashing of New Zealand which he had missed. Having played much of 2010 with pain, the first ODI series against Zimbabwe was the icing on his run-laden cake.
Already, Tamim had scored four hundreds including his maverick 103 at Lord's which made him a subject of dinner conversations in every Bangladeshi household.
On December 1 last year, Tamim creamed a couple of boundaries before being wrongly adjudged leg-before in a game that the Tigers lost. Tamim however ended the year with a hurricane 95 to help the Tigers to a series win, leaving his home ground with a glint in his eyes.
What a difference a year has made!
Today Tamim will, given all the confirmations received from the team management, play in the first ODI against Pakistan after dropping out of the Twenty20 game on Tuesday due to a sore knee. "As far as I know, his [Tamim Iqbal's] knee has responded well to the treatment and it looks like he can take his place in the top-order. That's good news for us again," said coach Stuart Law yesterday.
On the face of it, an injury is quite usual for an international cricketer. Tamim's brave move to play through pain last year won him praise from all quarters, so when he wasn't deemed fit enough for the Pakistan Twenty20, it should have been treated as another misfortune for the left-hander.
Only that it wasn't received as such.
Nudges and winks are abounding the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium which makes cruel suggestions towards the man, and it is coming from every corner of the cricketing circle.
Is the injury real? Is he taking his place for granted? Does he think he is above the system?
Of course all these (and more) questions on Tamim's intentions weren't thought up in one day. Skipping training at the drop of a hat, fielding in largely one area of the field or missing a National Cricket League match are some of the ammunitions drawn against him. A player could get injuries to miss training or is hidden as a fielder, but the same person has played with a bung wrist and was one of the better Bangladesh fielders (remember the "Superman" catch from 2007) till the injury.
To add fuel to the fire, the Bangladesh team physician was seemingly unaware of Tamim's knee injury and the player himself stated that his pull-out was purely precautionary; yet he had failed a fitness test before the game.
Ultimately, runs will judge a player and here too, it hasn't been his year. Across all formats, Tamim has averaged 31 this year with five fifties. He struck at more than 42 a game last year, hitting those four hundreds as well as eleven fifties.
An average follow-up season after a great one happens upon every sportsman and Tamim is no different. But the dangers of a player fading away after a purple patch is too common in Bangladesh cricket. The onus is on the team management to rouse this batting force but the buck, ultimately, stops with Tamim.
Surely a batsman who has completely overhauled his Test game in a year can revive his desire; since the Tigers are up against the best bowling attack this year, a good time to start for Tamim would be this month.
Old December 2, 2011, 09:03 AM
Street Cricketer

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/bangl.../61993-18.html
Old December 2, 2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Australia 2nd inningsRMB4s6sSR
SR Watson lbw b Steyn 42310133.33
PJ Hughes c Rudolph b Morkel 935221040.90
RT Ponting lbw b Philander 02312000.00
MJ Clarke* lbw b Philander 21660033.33
MEK Hussey c Prince b Morkel 011000.00
BJ Haddinc †Boucher b Philander 0143000.00
MG Johnson c Amla b Philander 320120025.00
RJ Harris c Smith b Morkel 3770042.85
PM Siddle not out 1237162075.00
SE Marsh lbw b Philander 052000.00
NM Lyon c de Villiers b Steyn 1429241058.33
Extras0
Total(all out; 18 overs; 95 mins)47(2.61 runs per over)
Fall of wickets1-4 (Watson, 0.3 ov), 2-11 (Ponting, 5.3 ov), 3-13 (Hughes, 6.4 ov), 4-13 (Hussey, 6.5 ov), 5-15 (Clarke, 7.3 ov), 6-18 (Haddin, 9.1 ov), 7-21 (Harris, 10.4 ov), 8-21 (Johnson, 11.2 ov), 9-21 (Marsh, 11.4 ov), 10-47 (Lyon, 17.6 ov)
Old December 2, 2011, 01:21 PM
Street Cricketer

That is once in a While.. but Every Player is a match winner..

Show me any1 apart from Shakib n tamim..?
Old December 2, 2011, 01:22 PM
Street Cricketer

just see recent series..
How badly they are performing..
Old December 2, 2011, 01:40 PM
BC Editorial Team

Do NOT feed Trolls
Old December 2, 2011, 07:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Sidhu's brother?
Old December 2, 2011, 08:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Back to topic I want our batters to not dawdle or get dismissed cheaply and our pacers to put down some markers.
I still remember Pakistan playing their best during Eid and thrashed Sri lanka and our batters taking big breaks 10-15 days and also skipping real match practices and league games. How can we expect they will perform! I really think they are just taking things for granted and not too serious about winning. Also, our pacers making same mistakes again and again...what on earth we are doing wrong...khelar man ato karap hoi kemne...
Old December 3, 2011, 08:41 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

any one mobicash dia ticket purchase korcen, amak ek2 help koren pls. How to reacharge mobicash account?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 4, 2011, 12:18 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by samlove0
That is once in a While.. but Every Player is a match winner..

Show me any1 apart from Shakib n tamim..?
In no particular order,

Rahim
Rubel
Riyad
Shafiul
Sunny
Shuvo
Imrul
Nafees
Naeem
Nazmul
Alok
Razzak

Every Green and Red.
Old December 4, 2011, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Dont agree with either 'BNG', 'Bang' or 'BD'. We can use these informally but when it comes to International Events like playing other nations, i would rather want our official name 'PRB' (People's Republic of Bangladesh, its our Official name) Just as South Africa is refered as 'RSA' (Republic of South Africa).
boring. and rsa is the name of sponsor for ireland. it is an insurance company. south africa is known as sa on score card etc.
Old December 4, 2011, 01:21 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
boring. and rsa is the name of sponsor for ireland. it is an insurance company. south africa is known as sa on score card etc.
RSA - Republic of South Africa. It also happen to be IRL's sponsor, but how's that relevant? I've seen RSA on scorecards before. But IDK why they stopped using it.
Old December 4, 2011, 01:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
RSA - Republic of South Africa. It also happen to be IRL's sponsor, but how's that relevant? I've seen RSA on scorecards before. But IDK why they stopped using it.
true, not that relevant - except if IRL plays SA with RSA on their shirt and scorecard says RSA vs IRL. Just a bit perplexing. I like BD because it is truly a two word conjunction like SA. Bangla ebong desh.
Old December 4, 2011, 01:57 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

UDB. United Desh of Bangla... /final
Old December 4, 2011, 04:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

lol
Old December 5, 2011, 01:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Aibar ki hobey? shunno aar char er porey ki ashbey? Tai chinta money hoi chottograme eshe.
Chobi: Daily Star.
Old December 5, 2011, 05:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Bangla ebong desh.
hope you didnt wish calling us as 'BED' in the scorecard

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 5, 2011, 04:59 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
lol
lol I hope freedi so that.
Old December 5, 2011, 05:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default NTV news preview

-Imrul Kayes's injury Saves Tamim Iqbal

-Riyad will bat at number 3

Old December 5, 2011, 06:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

"Imrul Kayes's injury Saves Tamim Iqbal" - Outrageous!

I would pick an out of form Tamim Iqbal anyday over Imrul Kayes.
Its like asking yourself what would you rather have ? 15 runs or the possibility of 40+.

This actually explains why its so hard for our star batsman to put foot on the ground. Its simply because there is no replacements for them. There is no one in the team who comes close to the caliber of Shakib Nasir or Tamim. Selecting them above anyone else under virtually any circumstance is the only logical thing to do.
Old December 5, 2011, 08:24 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Funny how people are already including Nasir into that Tamim-Shakib league. Rahim is from that era, and even he can't make it. Remember the good ol' days when Riyad used to be part of that? Look what happened to him.
Old December 5, 2011, 10:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Funny how people are already including Nasir into that Tamim-Shakib league. Rahim is from that era, and even he can't make it. Remember the good ol' days when Riyad used to be part of that? Look what happened to him.
I guess it was too early to call but he does show signs of belonging to that group. Mushfiq was never in my book same for Riyad. However, I'm waiting for them to change that.
Old December 5, 2011, 11:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
"Imrul Kayes's injury Saves Tamim Iqbal" - Outrageous!

I would pick an out of form Tamim Iqbal anyday over Imrul Kayes.
Its like asking yourself what would you rather have ? 15 runs or the possibility of 40+.

This actually explains why its so hard for our star batsman to put foot on the ground. Its simply because there is no replacements for them. There is no one in the team who comes close to the caliber of Shakib Nasir or Tamim. Selecting them above anyone else under virtually any circumstance is the only logical thing to do.
Agreed. Imrul is nowhere near Tamim's class and never will be. That's why people are rightfully calling for Imrul's head. His Test stats show he just doesn't have what it takes to be a good batsman at this level. Tamim on the other hand has different issues. He's got ability no doubt but he's not doing well enough for the team right now. Hope he will soon.
Old December 5, 2011, 11:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Also it's gonna be interesting to see how Riyad bats at #3. I was saying in another thread that he doesn't seem to be a guy who can face up against the new ball very well but at the same time, he's not very good at accelerating in the end. So he's gonna have to show his credentials as a top order batsman. Also seeing how he's not bowling much anymore, he's gotta show he can bat up at the top. Hopefully he can do a good job there and prove his worth. It's time he starts delivering with the bat.