facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 14, 2021, 06:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs PWN
Why is this troll allowed to come on this site and continuously troll?

How much more obvious can it get.
Why are you feeding him?

Old February 14, 2021, 06:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Why is this bunch allowed to come onto the field and continuously pretend to be a cricket team?
Edited for current context.
Old February 14, 2021, 06:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Why are you feeding him?
Does this site not have any mods? Why the **** is he allowed to roam around here?

Trolling is against the site rules. No one is enforcing it.
Old February 14, 2021, 06:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Why is this troll allowed to come on this site and continuously troll?

How much more obvious can it get.
Everyone usually just ignore cockroaches around here and they go away
Old February 14, 2021, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Well fight ...
At least we found a player who can fight
Hats off miraz
But you should’ve charged him instead of cut because looks like.. you had the game hitting on the top
Old February 14, 2021, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
The Minnow Tigers (TM).
Tuni tum kese ho???
36 pe all out hoye the
Vhul geya keya...
Old February 14, 2021, 06:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shiv Chanderpaul

West Indies win the Test series 2-0.

Bangladesh win the ODI series 3-0.

Congrats to both winning teams....
Old February 14, 2021, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Good night all...
Bd’s high ego and short temptation cost us the series
But another way...wi fight well, and they deserve this ...
Came with a 2nd hand team and won by 2-0...
Man they deserves a medal from their government. And BD should learn from this and stop dreaming about Sakib all day long...
Congratulations to West Indies.. it was series to remember...and they got great captain..bad luck on us
We don’t carry good type of captain... who got brain when time
Old February 14, 2021, 06:25 AM
Test Cricketer

When neutral I love the WI cricket team. They were very unlucky at the last WC.

Their new players played with their heart, sadly I cannot say the same about BD cricketers except Miraj and Liton.
Old February 14, 2021, 06:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivfan
West Indies win the Test series 2-0.

Bangladesh win the ODI series 3-0.

Congrats to both winning teams....
Congrats to you as well. Hope these group of boys replace your T20 mercenaries, they have a lot more character and heart.

This overall series is probably our lowest point regardless of the 3-0 ODI win.
Old February 14, 2021, 06:40 AM
Cricket Savant

I miss the days when we used to open "Positives from 2nd Test" threads...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 14, 2021, 07:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match Adda
Tuni tum kese ho???
36 pe all out hoye the
Vhul geya keya...
Old February 14, 2021, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Mehidy saved whatever dignity BD had. Otherwise, they would've been blown away by this WI team.
Onek bochor por ekta TRUE/worth-mentioning sommanjonok porajoy holo
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old February 14, 2021, 12:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Papon is pissed lol
Old February 14, 2021, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Does this site not have any mods? Why the **** is he allowed to roam around here?

Trolling is against the site rules. No one is enforcing it.
Not sure who trolled us more today, Mominul and his men or Vahroon. You getting mad at the wrong person here ...
Old February 14, 2021, 04:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

We managed to lose against west indies C team. White washed
Old February 14, 2021, 05:23 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Papon is pissed lol
Even he has more common sense than Domingo and Mominul. This should be Mominul's last series as captain. We should start looking for a new coach as well. I cannot believe this coach picked Soumya for a Test match and that too as an "allrounder". In the end we lost by 17 runs and who knows what would have happened if we had given two of the U19 WC winning guys an opportunity (Towhid, Mahmudul, Akbar) or may be Saif
Old February 14, 2021, 05:44 PM
Cricket Guru

^
That's why I'm pinning my hopes on that batch of kids. We have hit our peak with these players back in 2015-2017. Sick of seeing these same faces capitulate from a position of strength and a guaranteed win to some embarrassing and humiliating AF losses. This is why we have no worthwhile wins or trophies, not even an Asia Cup.

At least the u19 batch won a WC, that too when a loss was seemingly likely as the innings progressed, against India of all teams. Something must be different about those guys mentally than our current bunch of pussycats, bar Mehedy.

Mominul also was defending SS selection by saying we needed a medium pacer....WTF
Old February 14, 2021, 05:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Happy F&%^#$ Valentine's Day folks....lmao

Old February 14, 2021, 06:45 PM
Test Cricketer

At what point will the sponsors stop giving a damn about these guys? I heard they had hard time finding sponsors even for this series.
Old February 14, 2021, 08:18 PM
Cricket Savant

In all seriousness:
  • happy with Nayeem Hasan
  • impressed with Abu Jayed
  • we lost due to batting not bowling
  • Mominul is still an asset despite captaincy
  • still don't know why Riyad was left out
  • we played with 1 down: Shakib. And please don't give me "Well oh oh so did they send their C team." That's THEIR problem. Not our business. There are not asterisks. On paper it doesn't matter.
  • enough cr%%pola about "oh oh why create spin friendly pitches when foreign pitches are fast and bouncy in NZ, Aus etc". First LEARN to win. Then the confidence will translate to other spheres. Confidence is contagiouos. It is COMPLETELY asinine to make it hard for yourself where you end up coming home with tails between your legs. This type of masochim has HURT us a lot in the past. You ALWAYS wanna set yourself for wins and in YOUR favor. This type of AGGRESSION is thoroughly missed in our minmina culture. Look at India's test? All their officials are Indian (not that umpiring matters due to neutrality...) BUT the difference is they ain't playin around with footsie. They mean business. We don't. We are ALWAYS looking for the future. We LOSE this test HOPING in the FUTURE it will pay off dividends. No. You wanna maximize your STRENGTHS. We have ALWAYS lacked this mental attitude if not even on field when opposition is down we are AFRAID to go full jugular and guttural. (Point being... we should have make it EVEN more spin friendly to set the deck in OUR favor.)

Damn the last bullet point was helluva one rant. LOL

Old February 14, 2021, 08:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Speaking of India, I think I said it before. But MINDSET is everything. I still remember a Facebook comment on Shehwag's FB page where one fan was saying when playing South Africa: "Go F them up."

Compared to it OUR mindset is "dekhi... ki korbo... bujhtesi na...parle ektu bhalo kheilen bhai... harbo? amra ajke harbo... eto kotha bolar dorkar nai... let's be humble." PUKE. Makes me wanna retch.

And FWIW, IF """""""""""""""""""""""I"""""""""""""""""" was on field, I would BLUNTLY refuse to kneel down for BLM. Cricket has ZERO BUSINESS mixing politics with sports. But if Tamim hits sixes, he is "arrogant" and if Shakib takes vacation then petty journalists talk about "entitlement". Then again, these are all part and parcel of beta culture, bhai-bhai mentality.

We will ATLEAST need 30+ years before some players grow some BALLS to flatly refuse: "No I ain't kneelin. MY personal politics is personal and is NONE of your business."

Heh. Media will have a field day if someone DARE shows a contrarian opinion. And all these spineless media and journos and writers will NEVER question when South African women team refused to kneel (which I highly admire...) but somehow this Shamim-Athar and the whole "senioritis" culture feel some sort of bloody ENTITLEMENT of OUR players dishing judgment and controling HOW they should behave. Why the DOUBLE standard? Ohhhhh let me spell it out for you. Cuz they are "white" and "more civilized" than our rowdy boys who... ihhhh ihhh (that's gritting teeth sound effect) MUST me controlled. F off.

For instance, once Tamim hit a beautiful on drive for six and Athar caught his tongue about to criticize something in the line of "why would hit that? you just.." or some dumb ho hum mantra. He never said that. You know why? Cuz Bish EXUBERANTLY beamed something in the line of "What a beautiful shot". But people like Shamim, Athar always wants to micromanage and criticize every single pixel of our game. This time of TOXIC criticism usually results from THEIR own experiences where growing up their parents or authority figure criticized EVERY SINGLE movement of them which they somehow feel they need to pass on the toxicity to next generation.

As a culture we LACK SELF-RESPECT and don't know how to compliment ourselves and players thinking they are lower in the hiearchy of status. And of course there are some dumb^**&^% who thinks if you compliment the players or yourself that is sign of arrogance or ego and idiots not realizing that false modesty speaks more volumes than the fan who said: "Go f them up."

And OH FELLAS? Geee.... I wonder how Tamim fared when he ditches his putu putu approach and playes his NATURAL game. There. Let me bold it. N-A-T-U-R-A-L game. I wonder if that change of approach could have helped us in the second innings. Hmmm...

What people don't realize there are INFINITE sides to the same coin.

I mean "I" was dumb enough to think you can chase 300+ on fourth and fifth innings having NEVER played league cricket. And yes you may call me naive and what not. But guess what? FFin India just recently showed that such "EXCUTITIS" of blaming it on pitch will FLATLY fall on its face. Because if you have gung ho gutsy mentality... you can move mountains.

That's my two pence. Keep it mind when you are dismissive of someone's opinion. EVERYONE has something to share and not just armchair atels. People bring differential calculus approach when they tryna solve something that is... gee... completely physical. Pft.

Oh well done ranting here. Bill Burr in this...

tl:dr? Change the goddamned bloody culture, our results will change too by itself. Self-image matters.

Old February 14, 2021, 11:47 PM
Cricket Savant

^^^^Me before smoking weed.

Me after \/

"Damn dude you have a lot of bottled up aggression and anger. You should work on that. Hoping all the best!"

Bottomline? Do drugs kids.

--
Damn I should really get paid for this self-experiment!

Old February 15, 2021, 01:25 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
^
That's why I'm pinning my hopes on that batch of kids. We have hit our peak with these players back in 2015-2017. Sick of seeing these same faces capitulate from a position of strength and a guaranteed win to some embarrassing and humiliating AF losses. This is why we have no worthwhile wins or trophies, not even an Asia Cup.

At least the u19 batch won a WC, that too when a loss was seemingly likely as the innings progressed, against India of all teams. Something must be different about those guys mentally than our current bunch of pussycats, bar Mehedy.

Mominul also was defending SS selection by saying we needed a medium pacer....WTF
I would try to retain that squad and allow them to play together as a part of their development. I also think we struck gold with that bunch at least in terms of the winning mindset. The way Akbar Ali held the innings towards the end in the final was unlike anything i have seen from the seniors in a crunch game.
Old February 15, 2021, 01:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

You know...I understand that some cricket players are good enough to play all three formats. But it should not be that way. Even if it's the case, you should specialize as early as possible. Especially when you are a weak team like Bd, then the impetus for getting whatever edge you can should be EVEN more on you.

I have no idea why Shanto gets a trial in two formats simultaneously. Selection is not supposed to easy. Selectors are supposed to carefully craft teams suited to each of the formats. Trying one player in more than one format is just selection laziness.