facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 16, 2012, 12:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

On Only one condition I would keep Shahadat Hossain in the test team: as long as he bowls just like on Day two, Session one for the rest of his career, I am still not considering him for other formats.

Old November 16, 2012, 12:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshprem
mate its a test match. there's no field restrictions or anything of that sort. while you want to compare attacks, who took a lead and scored more boundaries? yeah that's hardly South africa's attack as well.
We scored over 300 on the first day WITHOUT Gayle, Bravo and Samuels even getting 70 runs between them, so IF Gayle fires why can't we get over 300 by the end of play today?

And yes our attack isn't SA's, but it would have helped if we had our BEST bowler and top three wicket taker this year (Kermar Roach) in the team instead of back home injured.
Old November 16, 2012, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

WI batsmen attacking our bowlers is the only way to get them out.... on this track we cant break through their defense if they are blocking...
Old November 16, 2012, 12:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
We scored over 300 on the first day WITHOUT Gayle, Bravo and Samuels even getting 70 runs between them, so IF Gayle fires why can't we get over 300 by the end of play today?

And yes our attack isn't SA's, but it would have helped if we had our BEST bowler and top three wicket taker this year (Kermar Roach) in the team instead of back home injured.
because today you only have 2 sessions, do the math. if you end up scoring 340 today i'll concede everything. And the fact that you don't have whatever bowler is your problem. even then you wouldn't be SA's attack. Last I remembered, Roach was hardly a Bd batsmen destroyer.
Old November 16, 2012, 12:59 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Because there are only about 60ish overs left in the day...?
Old November 16, 2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
WI batsmen attacking our bowlers is the only way to get them out.... on this track we cant break through their defense if they are blocking...
^^^ that's how WI can save the match being not attacking!!! They won't take the chance to lose to Bangladesh.
Old November 16, 2012, 01:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
ofcourse we can.....ball is spining...whole bd team is mentaly loli pop....so why not...the way narnie bowled...absulutly we have more chance now.
Old November 16, 2012, 01:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
340 by close of play today?? u want to score 170 every session? what you smokin mun???
I don't think that's impossible if Gayle, Bravo, Samuels gets going.....if they score @ 5.6 RPO, that's about 350 by the end of the day today...well it's a bit difficult, but given the pitch and our bowling, that's not so I mpossible. Infact, that's their only way to create a chance for winning this test match and that's what they should try to do....

That will also increase our chance of picking wickets and bowling them out cheaply...and might create a chance for us to win it from no where, judging by current situation.

So it's going t be a hell of a test match from here on..,,lets see who wins the battle....

May the better team (I.i. BD ) win...
Old November 16, 2012, 01:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Which approach will apply West Indies? If they try to win the game they have to score very first, and less than 300 runs is not safe. Also they have to need almost 3 session to make all out Bangladesh.
Old November 16, 2012, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I don't think that's impossible if Gayle, Bravo, Samuels gets going.....if they score @ 5.6 RPO, that's about 350 by the end of the day today...well it's a bit difficult, but given the pitch and our bowling, that's not so I mpossible. Infact, that's their only way to create a chance for winning this test match and that's what they should try to do....

That will also increase our chance of picking wickets and bowling them out cheaply...and might create a chance for us to win it from no where, judging by current situation.

So it's going t be a hell of a test match from here on..,,lets see who wins the battle....
Well, It's a tricky situation for WI now - will be interesting to see how they progress...
Old November 16, 2012, 01:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
mate its a test match. there's no field restrictions or anything of that sort. while you want to compare attacks, who took a lead and scored more boundaries? yeah that's hardly South africa's attack as well.
We were scoring at a rate over 6 until Tamim got out..so what's the big deal with test match and no fielding restriction..?? Why can't Gayle Samuels score at a rate of 5.5?? Well, theoretically speaking...
Old November 16, 2012, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

I just hope this wonderful start doesn't end in a heartbreaking one ... Allah rokhha koro...
Old November 16, 2012, 01:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Funny how some people think WI can get to 340 today. It will be a job well done from their side if they can get to 250 today!
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 16, 2012, 01:16 AM
Cricket Legend

What is Shamim saying??? why the hell scoring 500+ against all the test playing nation won't be something to be proud about???
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:

May the better team (I.i. BD ) win...
I think it won't be so easy to score 340 runs because of the present situation of pitch where Narine was wicket less from last two days. But today he has become dangerous. It means our spinners can also do good.
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
because today you only have 2 sessions, do the math. if you end up scoring 340 today i'll concede everything. And the fact that you don't have whatever bowler is your problem. even then you wouldn't be SA's attack. Last I remembered, Roach was hardly a Bd batsmen destroyer.
Really? i guess you didn't see his DEBUT then!! , furthermore there's a reason why he's the top three wicket taker this year despite playing Australia and England, if we had him i'd bet my house that Bang don't reach 450!!, when you're missing one of the best pacers in the world on current form then you're gonna miss him, i don't see how that can be argued about.

In closing maybe my projections are a tad optimistic, but i do believe an hour before lunch tomorrow we can be in a comanding position.
Old November 16, 2012, 01:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
Which approach will apply West Indies? If they try to win the game they have to score very first, and less than 300 runs is not safe. Also they have to need almost 3 session to make all out Bangladesh.
They will definitely go the winning way. Because still they will not take it easy losing or drawing with BD.. You know ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Well, It's a tricky situation for WI now - will be interesting to see how they progress...
Yes, it surely is tricky for WI... And a lot will depend on how good they can execute their plan and how good we can deny that...interesting..
Old November 16, 2012, 01:19 AM
MLC World Series I

I think Shakib should bowl to Gayle
Old November 16, 2012, 01:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Funny how some people think WI can get to 340 today. It will be a job well done from their side if they can get to 250 today!
Nobody can guarantee that they will get it... But that's what they will try to get...if they get t 250 today..then we have managed to draw the test for sure...
Old November 16, 2012, 01:20 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Because there are only about 60ish overs left in the day...?
Wasn't Chanderpaul batting by lunch on the first day? and still somehow we managed to get to 316!!! .
Old November 16, 2012, 01:20 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Stop bowling on the pads ffs
Old November 16, 2012, 01:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
We were scoring at a rate over 6 until Tamim got out..so what's the big deal with test match and no fielding restriction..?? Why can't Gayle Samuels score at a rate of 5.5?? Well, theoretically speaking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
yeah, then what happened to tamim? theoretically speaking, anything is possible in this game.

but guess what, the game isn't played in theory and transitivity does not apply. word up to Isnaad.

sick of all this respect to west indies. they are the better team obviously, but as a g8 or whatever, they are underachievers by any standards.
Old November 16, 2012, 01:22 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Shamim talking about Rubel's bounce again
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
I think it won't be so easy to score 340 runs because of the present situation of pitch where Narine was wicket less from last two days. But today he has become dangerous. It means our spinners can also do good.
Lets see how we use the pitch...if Shakib bowls well. We may make it difficult for them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
What is Shamim saying??? why the hell scoring 500+ against all the test playing nation won't be something to be proud about???
He is 90% nonsense... Doesn't know most of the time what he says...
Cricket Legend

Woooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwww gayle gone