facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 28, 2012, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

sadly our players are not violent and intolerant on the field, rather sissies and 'yielding'

Old October 1, 2012, 05:53 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
^^ Difference is, what they are holding is a hand written message on a piece of paper which left with them.
What they are standing next to, is a Court approved "paid advertisement" on a Govt establishment.
(NY subway)
You'd have to wonder if they could still display the 'ad' if the message was other way around, something equally provoking like
" Support the Jihadist,
Defeat Zionism"
MTA initially refused to run the ads citing "demeaning language". The 'American Freedom Defense Initiative' went to the court and won permission on First Amendment grounds. So MTA has now changed their guidelines again to prohibit ads that it “reasonably foresees would imminently incite or provoke violence or other immediate breach of the peace.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/28/ny...ntroversy.html
Old October 1, 2012, 09:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Show me. Show me the BS. Show me where in the US is their specific laws proscribing anti-semitism. Don't point me to Europe. Europe is not the bastion of liberty - they take freedom of religion to mean freedom from religion.
While there are specific anti Semitic laws in the Europe, US uses the discrimination clause of law by translating the antisemiticism as descrimatory .. So, it's all the same. Because the description and essence of antisemiticism adopted by European legislation has also been accepted by US and termed it discrimination. Well, many might get away doing it and many are dragged from the borderline. So, such implementation of law is also discriminatory. Some of the example given bellow:

http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/Jew...aspx?id=280709

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-08/w...no?_s=PM:WORLD

http://www.armstrongteasdale.com/ant...rturn-verdict/

Apart from that, George Bush has signed world anti semiticism monitoring law in 2004, under which, US will keep a record of antisemiticism all over the world (Possibly to use on as and when necessary basis !!)

If you go through the definitions and descriptions of anti semiticism (Ref Wiki) if that much would be applicable for all religion, then it would be fair for all religion. But currently antisemiticism laws are a clear discrimination against other religions and a favor for the Jews only. And going up to burning the Quran and Mocking with the prophet even doesn't need any new law even in US, these could be translated to be hate and discrimination by existing US laws. While US is reluctant to implement their own laws for the Muslims, is discriminatory against the Muslims and asking for the Muslims to not to protest is just insane.

However, I don't think that the Christians, Buddist and Hindus in Bangladesh has anything to do with it, And they also have always condemned such acts by the western countries. The limitations of these Mullahs and repeated instigation by the western governments by such biased actions are both the causes for such stupid outcome in BD and else where around the world.

Last edited by BANFAN; October 1, 2012 at 12:22 PM..
Old October 1, 2012, 09:45 AM
Administrator

I think the reason their is less willingness to see the Muslim POV because Muslims have left the moral high road. The headlines are ample evidence. Where's the outrage?
Old October 1, 2012, 04:10 PM
Cricket Sage

I do agree with you, why US fails to see the Muslims POV. That doesn't really justify a wrong doing by someone who claims to be holding the morale high ground. One wrong doesn't justify another.

Well, when you deny to accept a deserved POV yet proclaim to be champion of freedom, democracy, justice, be it for any justification, you lose all those proclamations on that same spot. We can argue all day on, who has a better morale high ground, but at the end of the day, it's a comparison between two thieves, who is a moral thief.

When you are in a open conflict and engaged in tit for tat actions, none retains a morale high ground. Neither US nor the EU can claim to have been holding it since the last part of 20th century onwards, since the creation of Israel or even from the PRE First World War period. If you are into conflict resolution, you know the key factors to consider to settle a conflict. Who initiated and who is the aggressor, he has to accept it and retreat first, then the oppressed turn comes to accept his wrong doings. Only then you can move towards a sustainable peace. Unless its a chicken and egg situation. And asking questions by proclaimed Muslims in such scenario that, why Muslims are so violent, only means that the person is ignorant of the wider situation/politics of the world.

Basically, there is no point defending anyone here, and I'm really not taking explicitly anyone's side here. But, my point is, we can't blame one party and specially the oppressed, in a conflict. You can't set rules of engagement in such a conflict, each party will reply/retaliate the way they are capable of doing it. I don't have to do the way you are able to do it. Every party utilizes their strength.

And in the process, both parties over do or turn into extremists. If Muslims way of fighting/retaliation is an extremistic way, so is the way of preaching democracy through occupation, oppression and killing etc. Both are at fault and if you are neutral, you have to see both. If you can't see both sides, you can conclude, that you aren't on a neutral ground.

Last edited by BANFAN; October 3, 2012 at 12:14 PM..
Old October 4, 2012, 03:16 AM
MLC World Series I

Anyone knows what happened to that Pakistani mullah, who planted charred Quran pages to frame the 13 yo girl? Any developments or just brushed under the carpet?
Old October 4, 2012, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Anyone knows what happened to that Pakistani mullah, who planted charred Quran pages to frame the 13 yo girl? Any developments or just brushed under the carpet?
He was arrested and that would be it I fear. I am also following that news but nothing yet.
Old October 4, 2012, 10:35 AM
Cricket Guru

I heard he was going to be executed.
Old October 8, 2012, 09:39 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

"Dear Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists and Jews,"

"Dear Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists and Jews,"
You're living in the age of the Internet. Your religion will be mocked, and the mockery will find its way to you. Get over it.
If you don't, what's happening this week will happen again and again. A couple of idiots with a video camera and an Internet connection will trigger riots across the globe. They'll bait you into killing one another.
Stop it. Stop following their script.
Today, fury, violence, and bloodshed are consuming the Muslim world. Why? Because a bank fraud artist in California offered people $75 a day to come to his house and act out scenes that ostensibly had nothing to do with Islam. Then he replaced the audio, putting words in the actors' mouths, and stitched together the scenes to make an absurdly bad movie ridiculing the Prophet Mohammed. He put out flyers to promote the movie. Nobody -literally nobody-came to watch it.
He posted a 14-minute video excerpt of the movie on YouTube, but hardly anyone noticed. Then, a week ago, an anti-Muslim activist in Virginia reposted the video with an Arabic translation and sent the link to activists and journalists in Egypt. An Egyptian TV show aired part of the video. An Egyptian politician denounced it. Clerics sounded the alarm. Through Facebook and Twitter, protesters were mobilized to descend on the U.S. embassy in Cairo. The uprising spread. The U.S. ambassador to Libya has been killed, and violence has engulfed other countries.

Read more
Old October 10, 2012, 12:38 AM
MLC World Series I

14 year old female Pakistani blogger shot down by Taliban militants

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/w...IHRjmk.twitter
Old October 10, 2012, 06:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

BBC reports her surgery is a success , hope she recovers soon .

Shame on these Taliban retards.
Old October 10, 2012, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Thank God! These Talibans are worse than filthy creatures
Old October 10, 2012, 11:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

This is despicable
Old October 12, 2012, 10:37 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Mulla Nasruddin's Insight Into Living as Muslim Today
Imam Jamal Rahman

Sometimes the profoundest truths are best expressed through stories that teach us to laugh at our human foibles. Such are the stories of the mythical Mulla Nasruddin, Islam's great comic foil. The Mulla is a village simpleton and sage rolled into one. He enjoys laughing at himself and invites us to join him.

This time of outrage over insult to Islam and to the Prophet Muhammad hardly seems like a time to laugh, either for Muslims or for non-Muslims. But the Mulla would caution us all not to be swayed by the "experts "who would shape our opinions or inflame our passions. They don't always get it right. An esteemed doctor, for example, came to the Mulla's sickbed, examined him carefully, and then said to the sick man's wife, "Madam, I am sorry to inform you that your husband has passed away." The Mulla protested in a feeble voice, "But I'm alive! I'm alive!" "Quiet!" his wife retorted. "Don't argue with the doctor!"

No matter how well-meaning others' advice may seem, our first obligation is to consult the truth in our own hearts. The Quran teaches, and Muslim hearts know, that violence and murder are unethical and immoral. "First consult your heart," the Prophet Muhammad advised, but by this he meant the purified heart, not the heart that runs headlong into crimes of passion.

Continue Reading
Old October 24, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Nice thread. Sikhlam onek kisu. Ei young generation er kase amar moto retired boyoskoder onek janar ase. Keeep it up
Old October 24, 2012, 05:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) — A paid informant for the New York Police Department's intelligence unit was under orders to "bait" Muslims into saying inflammatory things as he lived a double life, snapping pictures inside mosques and collecting the names of innocent people attending study groups on Islam, he told The Associated Press.
Shamiur Rahman, a 19-year-old American of Bangladeshi descent who has now denounced his work as an informant, said police told him to embrace a strategy called "create and capture." He said it involved creating a conversation about jihad or terrorism, then capturing the response to send to the NYPD. For his work, he earned as much as $1,000 a month and goodwill from the police after a string of minor marijuana arrests.
"We need you to pretend to be one of them," Rahman recalled the police telling him. "It's street theater."
Rahman said he now believes his work as an informant against Muslims in New York was "detrimental to the Constitution." After he disclosed to friends details about his work for the police — and after he told the police that he had been contacted by the AP — he stopped receiving text messages from his NYPD handler, "Steve," and his handler's NYPD phone number was disconnected.
Read the rest here: http://news.yahoo.com/informant-nypd...134358506.html

A friend of mine emailed me this article today. I had heard about things like this, but I think this might be the first time it's being reported in the media, I could be wrong though. A relative of mine told me, he heard about this one illegal Bangali guy from NY, who got busted by the Feds for not having any paper work. They made this guy an offer to be an informant, and in return he would become legal in the States. They asked him to go around to different mosques during friday prayer and record 'khutba', and keep an eye on the people in the mosque committee. I don't know if there's any truth to this story or not.
Old October 24, 2012, 08:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

“Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ... living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you."

George Carlin
Old October 25, 2012, 05:48 AM
MLC World Series I

^ Feel like watching the whole show again!
Old October 26, 2012, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
It's supposed to be comedy but those are some of the truest words spoken.... much more sensible than the sermons are your local church/ mosque
Who are you to say such thing about my local church/mosque? You've never been there, so talk only about your own locality.
Old October 26, 2012, 04:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
“Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ... living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you."

George Carlin
Who is George Carlin?? Seems to have no idea to talk about religion...and the creator.
Old October 26, 2012, 05:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Old October 27, 2012, 04:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

So now it appears as though the events that led to this thread were actually a planned terrorist act and not the product of the crazed and fanatic muslim masses.

Interestingly enough, the Obama Administration was confused, initially calling it a terrorist attack, albeit serendiptously, then as Republicans point out, failing to call it a terrorist attack and mistakenly attributing to the Innocence movie, for the next couple of weeks. What is ironic is that if Obama were indeed confused it was largely due to the public mis-representation of Islam/Muslims that occurs "ad obscurum", a mis-representation which is almost universally advocated by the Republican party.

This campaign of propaganda is so pervasive that it has even confused the majority of this threads posters, most of whom are Muslims!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 27, 2012, 04:43 AM
Administrator

So what's your take on the Ramu incident?
Old October 28, 2012, 03:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
So what's your take on the Ramu incident?
I really don't know. Navo, in the newest Rohingya/Burma thread just informed me that local media are reporting the possibility that the Ramu incident featured a number of Rohingya refugees. Given the geographical promixity, if these media reports are correct it could be a case of tit-for-tat ie the "extreme emotional distress" defense.

As for what actually happened at Ramu...I would say the most likely thing is localized agitation amongst the populace due to the Rohingya situation which was displaced onto an easy to reach target (local Buddhists). There may also be some BNP-Jamaat links as well.

Back to this thread, I think it comes down to trying to play both sides of the field simaltaneously. In other words, if one is to agree that most Muslims are violent and intolerant (the thesis of the OP/thread) than he/she cannot claim that Muslims aren't terrorists i.e the "Islam is peaceful" refrain. However, majority of BCers will hold these two necessarily exclusive ideas simaltaneously...that is to say, we're willing to go along with the right wing Islamophobic caricature of Muslims as a frenzied monolith if hits close enough to home (Ambassador Stevens murder and Ramu incident) but when such things are a little more distant in memory (the Crusades or 911) we suddenly do and about face and don't want to admit that our bou-bachcha, baap-daada are terrorists. Cognitive dissonance, much?

If a few incidents are insufficient to indict 40 million African Americans as criminals, or 200 million white Americans as racists, or 15 million Jews as conspirators, or 100 million Italians as mobsters, I think the same should be applied to Muslims. Especially by themselves.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 28, 2012, 04:59 AM
Administrator

Few incidents? That's where we have our cognitive dissonance. Muslims are not any more violent than the other dude but you have to admit that a vocal, virulent, and violent minority has taken over the narrative and worse. Atrocities of the past are irrelevant. Atrocities by the other is irrelevant. What is relevant is that the religion has been hijacked and too many are too willing to play the blame game or the comparison game instead of setting their own house in order. Until then, the mud will stick.