facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 20, 2012, 01:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

hehe,Boss bhalo laglo.
Jaihok, I give a ...... about whatever the former cricketers say.

re: the tibhi reporters of BD, they are really khyat, they have some ancholik taan and accent,( shob gulo Ononto'r school theke A-lable phail korechey)

Old September 20, 2012, 01:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
What's your evidence?
1. Tamim's 4 consecutive 50 after being dropped from the team
2. Shakib's performance after Loitta drama
3. Raqibul's great batting knock in the practice matches ahead of T20 WC prep
4. Ashraful's recent performance in T20 as a opener
5. Rafique's great come back in Test matches after being dropped as labelled as only ODI player

Isn't enough ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Think about it. Imagine bullying a person for every single detail. No wonder Rabz is pissed about people doing chul-chera bissleson on Ashraful. It's like damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. It's our very mentality of "tarif korle mathay upore uthe jabe" that has hindered progress. At best what you get are the types of auntee and what not.
I aint saying we have to analyze every single detail what a player does in his personal life or not. And yes, if he does any bad on the field, everybody has equal right to criticize him. When when he plays good, everybody has equal right to congratulate him.

You are a smart guy, you know what i mean. I don't wanna argue with you on this matter. Tired of repetitive discussion.
Old September 20, 2012, 06:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

LMAAAOOOO, has anyone not come across this article!?!?!

Quote:
World T20 Team Preview: Bangladesh

The Asia Cup final defeat will give Bangladesh real hope of taking over New Zealand’s title of ‘there or there about-ers’.

Much like the perennial question of “Have the West Indies turned a corner?”, every 50 plus run partnership is greeted with “Have Bangladesh grown a brain between them?”, but in truth I doubt even this tournament will prove either way if the fourth subcontinent side can make us forget about those first ten years of promising dross.

Mushfiqur Rahim definitely not crying after the Asia Cup final…

Squad

Mushfiqur Rahim (captain, wicket-keeper, pet Furby), Mahmudullah, Razzak, Hasan, Sunny, Reza, Islam, Siddique, Mortaza, Ashraful, Hossain, Shafiul Islam, al Hasan, Iqbal, Rahman.

Bangladesh carry nine players in their squad who partook in the inaugural competition, perhaps refuting the lazy stereotype of chopping and changing between countless hotheaded youngsters.

Suffice to say though that such consistency has yet to pay dividends for the Tigers. Removing Chris Gayle for a duck in their first game of the first tournament in 2007 proved to be the high point for Bangladesh in the World T20, having lost all eight of their games subsequent to that initial victory.

If the Bangladesh fast-bowling coach has one thing not to worry about, it’s attention from the paparazzi. I wouldn’t know him from the next guy, which points irrefutably to the fact that the Bangladeshi left arm spinners are their USP.

Gone are the days of Mohammed Rafique and Enamul Haque, but in their place we have Shakib and Razzak, whose high productivity yet little to no variation would put a Bollywood director to shame. On the Sri Lankan wickets we will see at least 12-14 overs of spin, and the relentless accuracy of these two may well cause terminal panic amongst sides like Lolstralia.

Oh, for the days of Mohammed Rafique and Asif Karim…

If anything, the at-first-glance quality top-order may prove to be Bangladesh’s weakness. Shakib al Hasan at 3 is a great move, but with Tamim Iqbal in a seemingly never-ending bad spell and Ashraful in need of 24-hour care, one slip-up from the IPL’s token Bangladeshi and we could be in for a rout before you can count to 20 (incidently, also the number of times Ashraful has been recalled to the side).

Nasir Hossain will become captain of Bangladesh in the not-too-distant future, but he makes Chanderpaul look like Afridi on steroids. Mushfiqur Rahim has balls and the ability to counter, but child soldiers have no place in this day and age, and Geneva will watch his innings with great interest.

KONY 2012

Bangladesh’s ace may well be Mahmudullah. With Shakib and Tamim Iqbal in the top three, the middle order is ripe for exposure to a hostile opening spell from the opposition. Mahmudullah, the man I once described as the perfect housewife, has grown into the calming middle order general, a role assigned to Ashraful until puberty struck 4 years ago.

Respectable total is spelled ‘Mahmudullah with a red-inker’, and his gentle offspin plus perfect bedroom manners may well decide at least one match this tournament. A special (sick) note for Mashrafe Mortaza, truly a very fine bowler but I will declare my undying love for Stuart Broad if he bowls his full allocation of four overs in every game.

Vital Statistics

Bangladesh have lost 75 of a possible 90 wickets in their WT20 matches to date, including being bowled out on four occasions. Consider that with the fact that they average a score of 135 in their 9 innings, it is no wonder the superior bowling attack has not been able to win more than one game so far.

Shakib is Bangladesh’s greatest cricketer, and will look to be their talisman yet again.

You can bowl as brilliantly as you like, but even in T20 you need partnerships and you need wickets in hand to be able to influence the direction of a game. Until Bangladesh can move on from their club style batting collapses they are oh so prone to, it is difficult to see when they will be able to sustain a run at the title over 7 matches.

Continue reading at
http://www.thealternativecricketalma...ew-bangladesh/

Last edited by Jadukor; September 20, 2012 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: post only a portion of the article with links to the source
Old September 20, 2012, 06:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

^My gosh!
Old September 20, 2012, 07:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Mushy's interview on Banglanews24

জাতিকে জয় উপহার দিতে চান মুশফিক
সেকান্দার আলী, ক্যান্ডি থেকে
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ িফোর.কম

পাল্লেকেলে: বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটারদের মধ্যে ইতিবাচক একটা মানসিকতা গড়ে উঠেছে। আগে থেকে পরাজয় নিয়ে ভাবে না। খেলায় জেতার জন্য পরিকল্পনা করে। অধিনায়ক মুশফিকুর রহিম বৃহস্পতিবার টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপে তাদের লক্ষ্য সম্পর্কে বলছিলেন। নিউজিল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে গ্রুপের প্রথম ম্যাচটি জয়ের স্বপ্নও দেখছেন তিনি।

প্রশ্ন: উইকেট না প্রতিপক্ষ পেস বোলারদের কথা মাথায় রেখে নেটে পেস বোলার নিয়ে ব্যাটিং সেশন করেছেন?

মুশফিক: দুটোর জন্যই। এখানে আমাদের ট্যাকটিস অন্যরকম থাকবে। পেসবোলারদের উইকেট হলেও আমার মনে হয় লাইন-লেন্থ ঠিক রেখে ভালো জায়গায় বল করতে পারলে স্পিনাররাও সুবিধা পাবে। কারণ এখানে মাঠগুলো খুব বড়। আর তারা পেস বলে অনেক বেশি ভালো খেলে। আমাদের স্পিনাররা ভালো করতে পারলে তাদের আটকে রাখা যাবে। যেহেতু তাদের পেসবোলার বেশি, ড্যানিয়েল ভেট্টরি এবং নাথান ম্যাককালাম ছাড়া ওই রকম স্পিনার নেই। আমাদের পরিকল্পনা ছিলো সেই জিনিসগুলো বেশি করে করবো যেগুলো মাঠে গিয়ে করতে হবে।

প্রশ্ন: সুপার এইটে খেলার জন্য আপনারা কতটা তৈরি?

মুশফিক: অবশ্যই টার্গেট আছে পরের রাউন্ডের খেলার। সেটা অনেক পরে আসবে। তার আগে ওটার জন্য যা যা করা দরকার আমরা সব কিছুই মোটামুটি করছি। মোটামুটি ভালোই হয়েছে। কালকের ম্যাচ জেতার জন্য যা যা করা দরকার সব কিছুই করবো। তারপরেও যেটা হবে সেটা তো আমাদের মেনে নিতেই হবে। আমার মনে হয় আমরা অনেক আত্মবিশ্বাসী। আমাদের যে স্কিল আছে তা শতভাগ দিতে পারলে ইনশাল্লাহ কালকে (শুক্রবার) আমরা জিততে পারবো।

প্রশ্ন: আপনি এবং কোচসহ প্রায় সবাই পিচ দেখছিলেন, পিচটা কেমন?

মুশফিক: খেয়াল করে দেখেন পাঁচ ছয় মাসে শ্রীলঙ্কার উইকেটগুলোতে কিন্তু পরিবর্তন এসেছে। আগে যেরকম ‘ট্রিপিকাল’ স্লো লো ছিলো, সেরকম কিন্তু নেই। বাউন্সি এবং পেস বোলাররা যাতে সুবিধা পায় সেরকম একটা উইকেট হয়। সবাইকে একটা বার্তা দেওয়ার জন্য আগে থেকে পিচ দেখে নেওয়া। একটি মিটিং হয়েছে এবং সেখানে পিচ সম্পর্কে একটা ধারণা দেওয়া হয়েছে। আমার মনে হয়ে পেস বলের উইকেটেও খেলে মজা পাওয়া যায়। কারণ এখানে সাইড শটগুলো বেশ ভালো খেলা যায়। আমরা যদি ভালো খেলতে পারি এবং স্কিল প্রয়োগ করতে পারি, তাহলে আমার মনে হয় ভালো একটা ম্যাচ হবে।

প্রশ্ন: কালকের ম্যাচের জন্য দল গুছিয়ে নিয়েছেন?

মুশফিক: আজকে উইকেটে আরেকবার ব্রাশ করবে। ম্যাচে যাওয়ার আগে আরেকবার দেখবো। তখন হয়তো একদুইজন এদিক ওদিক হতে পারে।

প্রশ্ন: ওয়ানডে সিরিজে নিউজিল্যান্ডকে আপনারা ৪-০ তে ধবলধোলাই দিয়েছেন, সেটা কি খেলায় ইতিবাক হিসেবে কাজ করবে?

মুশফিক: সে প্রেক্ষাপট যদি বিবেচনা করেন তাহলে নিউজিল্যান্ড তো ইন্ডিয়াকে কয়কেদিন আগে টি-টোয়েন্টি সিরিজে হারিয়ে এসেছে। আমার মনে হয় ওটা অনেক দূরের ব্যাপার। কারণ ওটা প্রায় দুই বছর আগে হয়েছে। তাছাড়া এখানে টি-টোয়েন্টি খেলা। আমাদের ওই দলে যারা ছিলো তাদের অনেকেই আছে। একদুইজন হয়তো নাই। তাদের বর্তমান দলেও অনেকেই ছিলো না, নতুন এসেছে। সাবাই আমাদের ওপর যেমন বিশ্বাস রেখেছে আমরা সুপার এইটে খেলতে পারবো। আমাদেরও বিশ্বাস আছে আমরা যদি আমাদের পরিকল্পনা কেন্দ্রে কাজে লাগাতে পারি তাহলে শতভাগ নিশ্চিত আমরাও জিততে পারবো।

Continued
Old September 20, 2012, 07:31 AM
Administrator

More team pictures uploaded to BC Facebook WT20 Album:

Here's one of the team before practice today.

Old September 20, 2012, 02:17 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Old September 20, 2012, 02:34 PM
Cricket Savant

thanks MoC bhai.

aar bhallagena, Asia cup er por ei first Grade A match kheltesi,eitao jodi brishti'r jonno dhuya jay taile kharap kichu koira falamu koilam.
Old September 20, 2012, 02:51 PM

Many thanks Mo bhai - withour you, BC is less"mojo" !!!
Old September 20, 2012, 03:00 PM

Usually the word "hate" is not in my head, but seems it is growing fast for the last two days!
Now I am starting to "hate" the rain! I don'r care is we lose after a good fignt, but if match is abandoned due to rain, I will not forgive mother nature!!
Old September 20, 2012, 03:57 PM
Cricket Guru

source: cricinfo

Bat er dosh dia luv nai Tamim bhai..Pybus re Tamim boltase I hope I can borrow McCullum or Taylor's bat to score more...
Old September 20, 2012, 04:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Tamim bat logo should be...

CA 4 TAMIM

If Tamim plays in county cricket he should ask for private number plate for his car.

T 4 MIM
Old September 20, 2012, 04:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

This idiot is wearing Waymabamama gloves. SMH. I remember Shakib was wearing his KKR gloves. And not to mention how he still uses CA bats even though he is sponsored by Reebok. And Nafees wore his Dhaka Warriors stuff for a while.

You might think it's nothing. But I see lack of professionalism.
Old September 20, 2012, 06:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
This idiot is wearing Waymabamama gloves. SMH. I remember Shakib was wearing his KKR gloves. And not to mention how he still uses CA bats even though he is sponsored by Reebok. And Nafees wore his Dhaka Warriors stuff for a while.

You might think it's nothing. But I see lack of professionalism.
its prob is more comfortable.
Old September 20, 2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
LMAAAOOOO, has anyone not come across this article!?!?!

http://www.thealternativecricketalma...ew-bangladesh/
Funny indeed, but not funny.
Old September 20, 2012, 10:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Bangladesh a major T20 challenge, NZ say
AAP
September 20, 2012, 11:58 am
New Zealand have put the disastrous series against Bangladesh two years ago behind them ahead of their opening match at the cricket World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.

Opener Martin Guptill says the Black Caps won't take their lower-rated opponents lightly in the group match at Pallekele on Friday.

However, that motivation wasn't driven by the humbling 4-0 one-day international series loss in Bangladesh in October 2010 - the last time the teams met.

Instead, New Zealand are simply wary of the nature of the abbreviated game.

With two wins from two pool games the only guarantee of advancing to the Super Eight playoff stage, every match becomes a cut-throat affair. Their other group opponents are Pakistan on Sunday.

"Twenty20 cricket is unpredictable. It only takes one person to take the game away from the other side," Guptill said on Thursday.

"Bangladesh first up is going to be a very tough game and we can't take them for granted. They've got some world class players in their side and we have to treat them with a bit of respect."

Guptill says his team are reading more into their one-off Twenty20 defeat of India in Chennai last week than the embarrassing Bangladesh ODI series result.

"That was two years ago, we can't really go back to that," he said.

"We have to go with what we've had in the last couple of weeks.

"The way we played spin in that Twenty20 against India, if we can go out and play exactly the same way as we did then I think we're going to get the runs on the board that we need."

Rest of the article at
AAP

Last edited by Jadukor; September 20, 2012 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: post only a portion of the article with link to the source
Old September 20, 2012, 10:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Bangladesh looks to Shakib for New Zealand upset
Published: 20/09/2012 at 08:48 PM
Online news: Sports

Bangladesh will be hoping star all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan shines with both bat and ball if they are to have a chance of upsetting New Zealand in the World T20 Group D opener here on Friday.

Bangladesh cricketer Shakib Al Hasan speaks in Colombo on September 14. Bangladesh will be hoping star all-rounder Hasan shines with both bat and ball if they are to have a chance of upsetting New Zealand in the World T20 Group D opener here on Friday.

The dashing 25-year-old left-hander has been promoted to number three in the last few matches to give an ideal start to the innings which is opened by another aggressive left-hander Tamim Iqbal.

Hasan is also an effective left-arm spinner, often picking up some much-needed wickets in the middle overs.

Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim said Hasan's presence gives strength to the team.

"Hasan is our best cricketer," said Rahim. "Hasan is now playing more freely than ever before, not just with the bat and ball but also on the field and off it as well. His presence means a lot."

Rahim, who replaced Hasan as captain last year, is confident his team will get through the group stage, where they will also meet 2009 champions Pakistan.

"We are confident of going through to the Super Eight. We are in a tough group. But our team is quite balanced so we need to get the basics right and if we execute our plans then we can beat any team in the world," said Rahim.

The top two teams from each of the four groups will qualify for the Super Eight stage.

Bangladesh have bitter memories of the only Twenty20 played between the two teams two years ago. They lost the match in Hamilton after being shot out for 78.

New Zealand will wait on the fitness of Daniel Vettori, Tim Southee and Rob Nicol after the trio suffered gastric problems.

Captain Ross Taylor hoped all three would be fit for the match.

"We don't know whether we will have the full quota of players because every couple of hours they are feeling a little better. The weather is bit colder so hopefully they can gain some energy and be available to play," said Taylor.

Read the rest here from the source:

-Bangkok Post

Last edited by Jadukor; September 20, 2012 at 11:44 PM.. Reason: please post only a portion of the article with link
Old September 20, 2012, 10:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

World T20: New Zealand face Bangladesh in the battle of underdogs
Pallekele: Two giant-killers who have a reputation of disturbing set calculations will be up against each other when New Zealand and Bangladesh clash in their opening Group D match of the World Twenty20 on Friday.

Both Bangladesh and New Zealand are known to raise the bar when it comes to performing at major ICC events and it would be interesting to see which of the two manages to go a notch higher in the one-on-one battle.

New Zealand's build up to the event has been far from ideal as three of their key players, including inspirational former skipper Daniel Vettori and pacer Tim Southee, have been laid low by gastroenteritis.

The Kiwis' warm-up campaign was also disappointing as they lost both their matches. It has been a far from ideal stay in the island nation so far for them but New Zealand's cricketers are well known for fighting through the odds and put up creditable performances.

Led by an in-form and explosive Ross Taylor, the Kiwis seem a decent Twenty20 side with hard-hitting stars such Brendon McCullum and veteran all-rounder Jacob Oram.

In Kane Williamson, they have discovered a top-order batsman who can provide steady starts. But their major problem remains inconsistency and the failure to click as a unit.

Despite a seemingly balanced line-up on paper, the Kiwis have more often than not been guilty of throwing it away from strong positions.

Their bowling department is faced with similar problems but Vettori could prove to be their trump card on the turning tracks here.

Bangladesh, on the other hand, are a sprightly mix which lost one and won one practice game heading into the big event.

Most of the team's players are in their early 20s and what could work to their advantage is the comfort of the playing in home-like conditions.

Please continue reading at the source ndtv.com
Story first published on: Thursday, 20 September 2012 14:45
Link

Last edited by Jadukor; September 20, 2012 at 11:47 PM.. Reason: post only a portion of the article with links to the source
Old September 20, 2012, 11:12 PM
Cricket Savant

heheeh bashir da to on fire and hire donald trump taj mohol dekhi...hehe
Old September 21, 2012, 08:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Useless preparation, money thrown down the drain you name it.

Khaled Mashud was right, sad to say.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:58 AM
Cricket Guru

It's only us who put so much effort in forum before any big tournament preparation...we are also just worthless following the worthless....
Old September 21, 2012, 09:06 AM
Cricket Savant

preparation , my phoot.
Old September 21, 2012, 07:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Disappointed with Pybus for not being able to bring the best out of this "work in progress" team.
Law was coming together, siddons was better, dav was the best.

The best combination we had was with Julien Fountain, Ian Pont, Jamie Siddons and Khaled Mahmud. Too bad we let all of them go. From giving Banglawash we get Bangaslash. From hero to zero. Guess who is our bowling coach now?

Today we struggled big time at fielding, bowling, batting and finally inspiration.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Disappointed with Pybus for not being able to bring the best out of this "work in progress" team.
Law was coming together, siddons was better, dav was the best.

The best combination we had was with Julien Fountain, Ian Pont, Jamie Siddons and Khaled Mahmud. Too bad we let all of them go. From giving Banglawash we get Bangaslash. From hero to zero. Guess who is our bowling coach now?

Today we struggled big time at fielding, bowling, batting and finally inspiration.
Absolutely agree with you Sir. loved the work Ian Pont and Julien Fountain did for us! Lets go back to that series where we trashed NZ 4-0. Check out our Bowling,Fielding in that match and compare it with today's match. So after you do that, now answer this question: Are we improving or are we deteriorating?
Old September 21, 2012, 08:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
preparation , my phoot.
Bhai apnar phoot use kore jodi preparation korto taile result aro bhalo hoi-tow. Apnar pa jaiga moto bebohar korle coach ki bolse shob mone thakto.