facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 8, 2018, 05:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Salam and Hello to all.

With Shakib out+poor selection of players+Head coach Courtney Walsh dont think our current team is put together to win matches!

Next few years I expect lot of losses to lower ranked teams too.

Old March 8, 2018, 05:38 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Pakistan should have been invited as well. A quadrangular series would have been better.
Old March 8, 2018, 05:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Pakistan should have been invited as well. A quadrangular series would have been better.
Why doesnt India do a shindig next and invite them?
Old March 8, 2018, 05:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Salam and Hello to all.

With Shakib out+poor selection of players+Head coach Courtney Walsh dont think our current team is put together to win matches!

You are being pessimistic. On paper BD team looks stronger and more experienced. There are no excuses for your batsmen to not do well against Jaydev Unadkat, Shardul Thakur, Washington Sundar and Vijay Shankar. They are not even Indian B bowlers. Only Chahal is a quality bowlers which your batsman need to watch out. Our batting is still good no doubt but without Kohli, Dhoni or Pandya its bit dented. Still I expect our batters to do well but bowling is third class.
Old March 8, 2018, 06:06 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
I expect us to renew our once great rivalry with Zimbabwe once Shakib/Tamim/Mushfik retires
Old March 8, 2018, 06:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
You are being pessimistic. On paper BD team looks stronger and more experienced. There are no excuses for your batsmen to not do well against Jaydev Unadkat, Shardul Thakur, Washington Sundar and Vijay Shankar. They are not even Indian B bowlers. Only Chahal is a quality bowlers which your batsman need to watch out. Our batting is still good no doubt but without Kohli, Dhoni or Pandya its bit dented. Still I expect our batters to do well but bowling is third class.
I am being realistic tbh. Unless we sort out a new coach and selectors picking players properly, I wont raise my expectations. Also the senior players despite their importance in the team are harbouring bad vibes which is not conducive to any team sport. Pakistan has been plagued in the past for such problems.
Old March 8, 2018, 06:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I expect us to renew our once great rivalry with Zimbabwe once Shakib/Tamim/Mushfik retires
New rivalry will be with Afghanistan!
Old March 8, 2018, 06:28 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
New rivalry will be with Afghanistan!
pfft! that rivalry will stay untill we have shakib/tamim/mushfik...I was talking about the time after these 3 retires
Old March 8, 2018, 06:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
pfft! that rivalry will stay untill we have shakib/tamim/mushfik...I was talking about the time after these 3 retires
Allah na koruk we have one with Nepal
Old March 8, 2018, 06:59 AM
Banned

Dont mind...but 1st time I am seeing fans here are downplaying its team by comparing it with Afg & Nepal. Else always before the big match with India...usual suspects comes up with chest thumping like #NoFear or we will maul India etc etc.

Though I like this modesty but why sudden change? Lol Even in social media Bangla fans are very quiet this time. Normally before an Indo Bangla game the online wars go to a next level but not this time.
Old March 8, 2018, 07:24 AM
Test Cricketer

what tv channel will be broadcasting this match?
Old March 8, 2018, 07:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Dont mind...but 1st time I am seeing fans here are downplaying its team by comparing it with Afg & Nepal. Else always before the big match with India...usual suspects comes up with chest thumping like #NoFear or we will maul India etc etc.

Though I like this modesty but why sudden change? Lol Even in social media Bangla fans are very quiet this time. Normally before an Indo Bangla game the online wars go to a next level but not this time.
I wouldn't speak so soon, I know for a fact our Internet Army will begin chest thumping after we win(IF WE WIN), this is what I am afriad of the most fickle fans will act as if they beat a full strength Indian side, and we will see fans see this as revenge for the Bangalore loss. The real **** show will start when we beat India(That's if we beat them) you and I both know S.C fans are not gracious in defeat or victory.
Old March 8, 2018, 07:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:

^Because the core is on the decline. Already peaked. I have noticed this even before the SA series, and continuously trying to preach it here. But most fans have some emotional attachment to the core, especially cancers like Mushfiqur, and they bought into the false paradigm that the team is still improving! LOL. No, we had our little dash. Now, we are in a transition phase. Dare I say on the decline till we draft some new all stars. And there is no guarantee of that happening. I have no problems admitting that because I follow many other sports as well. But for people who put all their emotional energy into one sport, it is just hard for them to admit when our run is over.

As soon as I saw the historically horrendous SA series, I called it. Boom! Right there and then. What did most people do however? Blame it on the pitch. But I knew we were finished from that point on.

I am not being modest, I love to brag. But I am also a realist. And this is my current assessment.
Old March 8, 2018, 07:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

first bangladesh is nepal afghan level in t20s without Shakib. Secondly this isn't the national indian team. So Bangladesh
fans have nothing to win here if they win its only against an A team and if BD lose it just confirms the confidence in the t20 team especially after having lost to Sri Lanka so convincingly recently.
Old March 8, 2018, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
^Because the core is on the decline. Already peaked. I have noticed this even before the SA series, and continuously trying to preach it here. But most fans have some emotional attachment to the core, especially cancers like Mushfiqur, and they bought into the false paradigm that the team is still improving! LOL. No, we had our little dash. Now, we are in a transition phase. Dare I say on the decline till we draft some new all stars. And there is no guarantee of that happening. I have no problems admitting that because I follow many other sports as well. But for people who put all their emotional energy into one sport, it is just hard for them to admit when our run is over.

As soon as I saw the historically horrendous SA series, I called it. Boom! Right there and then. What did most people do however? Blame it on the pitch. But I knew we were finished from that point on.

I am not being modest, I love to brag. But I am also a realist. And this is my current assessment.
Hey don't speak sense, you will be silenced
Old March 8, 2018, 07:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Team politics will seriously harm BD, we need to start rebuilding and start dropping some core players
Old March 8, 2018, 07:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Bangladesh clinched defeat from the jaws of victory šŸ˜‚šŸ˜ƒ
what a line from Sanjay Manjrekar
Old March 8, 2018, 07:51 AM
Cricket Guru

I felt a nostalgic moment. I remember when the full fledged Indian team and their soldiers on main stream newspapers and cricinfo which they infested were similar to our monkeys (no reference to Bhaji) of chest thumpers way back in 2007. Poor army got quite humbled after leaving the Caribbean
Old March 8, 2018, 07:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I felt a nostalgic moment. I remember when the full fledged Indian team and their soldiers on main stream newspapers and cricinfo which they infested were similar to our monkeys (no reference to Bhaji) of chest thumpers way back in 2007. Poor army got quite humbled after leaving the Caribbean
more humbled after mushfiqs selfie theatrics following his premature chest thumping. should have been kicked out of captaincy from all formats there and then
Old March 8, 2018, 07:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Harsha was unhappy to see billion dollar KL Rahul benched in SA. wonder how he feels seeing him benched in this A team lineup
Old March 8, 2018, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Managed to take day off today. Caught a flu, so no fake ā€˜called in a sickieā€™ meaning rang to say ill but as an excuse.

So will be able to watch this game. hope BD dont disappoint me and rest.

Come on. Lets give them a bang bang Bangla style

(expecting ind fans to reply back to me for saying what I said just above, watch how some of them come out of the hideouts now )
Old March 8, 2018, 08:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Showing a lot care for Pakistan on BD forum. I bet you are one of them who takes part in the thread in Indian fan forum, ā€œLets all laugh at Pakistanā€ .. and theres a BD one there too.
Old March 8, 2018, 08:04 AM
Test Cricketer

india win toss and send bangladesh to bat
Old March 8, 2018, 08:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsuRocks
more humbled after mushfiqs selfie theatrics following his premature chest thumping. should have been kicked out of captaincy from all formats there and then
I was referring to Indians not Bangladeshis...

Although I do agree with your last sentiment and have always maintained that Mushfiq is and never was and never will be captain material.
Old March 8, 2018, 08:07 AM
Cricket Legend

BD batting first. I donā€™t mind that. Thereā€™s no Virat!