facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 7, 2007, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Actually, I do vaguely remember Stumped mentioning the name Alex in her initial days at BC.

Old May 7, 2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Dual Personality Disorder for Stumped? j/k

She sounds a lot different from how they've portrayed her in the article
That's why I am !
Old May 8, 2007, 12:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Actually, I do vaguely remember Stumped mentioning the name Alex in her initial days at BC.
Hmm why so much speculations?
If you had kept your eye on the Television on the BCB's celebration program congratulating the WC team in Dhaka Sheraton Hotel, you could see someone sitting right beside DAV. You can guess who I am talking about.

That could help you confirm whether she can be what you are assuming her to be..
Old May 8, 2007, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
If you had kept your eye on the Television on the BCB's celebration program congratulating the WC team, you could see someone sitting right beside DAV. You can guess who I am talking about.

That could help you confirm whether she can be what you are assuming her to be..
Oh I saw her pictures a long time ago, lol. She'd posted the link to her hi5 profile to get us to believe that she really is Dav's daughter.
Old May 8, 2007, 03:26 AM
BC Editorial Team

We are a bunch of closet Daily Mirror readers aren't we? All this speculation on whether Stumped is Alex or vice versa, some analyzing her posting style ... Y'all are worse than 14 year old teeny-boppers shrieking about Justin's new do!

As for the article itself - fluff piece. All we can do is take Dav on his word that he will have the boys ready to rumble this tour. And that his impending departure doesn't create a Parcellian situation.
Old May 8, 2007, 03:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
If you had kept your eye on the Television on the BCB's celebration program congratulating the WC team in Dhaka Sheraton Hotel, you could see someone sitting right beside DAV. You can guess who I am talking about.

Stumped revealed her identity quite a long time ago... she had to fight really hard to convince all of us who were following that thread.
Old May 8, 2007, 10:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
We are a bunch of closet Daily Mirror readers aren't we? All this speculation on whether Stumped is Alex or vice versa, some analyzing her posting style ... Y'all are worse than 14 year old teeny-boppers shrieking about Justin's new do!

As for the article itself - fluff piece. All we can do is take Dav on his word that he will have the boys ready to rumble this tour. And that his impending departure doesn't create a Parcellian situation.
Hehe ....Please do not take everything seriously. We were just having some fun and in fact most of us I believe do not read Mirror or Sun. Few posts do not indicate that we are Mirror readers.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old May 9, 2007, 11:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

U guys are funny!

Its Alexandra... not alexandria! lol.. i cant believe dad told a paper that!
Old May 16, 2007, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Australian Dav Whatmore Likely To Be India’s Next Coach – Team Manager Ravi Shastri Makes A Formal Offer

Quote:
Bangladesh coach Dav Whatmore has been formally approached by Team India manager Ravi Shastri to coach the team after the current tour of Bangladesh is over.

Leading news channel CNN-IBN disclosed on Wednesday that Whatmore had expressed his desire to coach India after Shastri’s offer.

Although Whatmore has reportedly not divulged the details of his conversation with Shastri there were enough hints dropped by the Australian that he was interested in pursuing the India job.
BCCI May Talk To Dav Whatmore In Bangladesh With An Offer To Take Over As Team India's New Coach

Quote:
Six top officials of the Indian cricket board, led by its president Sharad Pawar, are arriving in Chittagong on Saturday, possibly to talk to Bangladesh's outgoing coach Dav Whatmore with an offer to take over the Indian team's reins.

A top Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) official said in Chittagong that he received a fax from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) about it on Wednesday.

"I have received a fax from the BCCI saying that their six officials are coming to Chittagong on Saturday on a day's visit," Sirajuddin Mohammed Alamgir, a BCB executive committee member, said.

"The fax does not mention the names of all six members, only that the team would be headed by Pawar. But I am told that BCCI Secretary Niranjan Shah, Vice-President Lalit Modi and former BCCI president IS Bindra are also coming, all in a private helicopter from Mumbai," said Alamgir, who is Vice-Chairman of the BCB's grounds and facilities committee.

He said the BCCI officials` itinerary was not mentioned in the fax.

The other members could be from among BCCI treasurer N Srinivasan, joint-secretary MP Pandove, Sunil Gavaskar, S Venkatraghavan, who are members of the committee formed to pick replacement of Chappell, who left after the completion of his two-year tenure last month.

The other member of committee, Ravi Shastri, is already in Chittagong as the team's cricket manager.

Last edited by TheWatcher; May 16, 2007 at 02:06 PM..
Old May 16, 2007, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Interesting. How does it feel to coach a side against a team you will take over once the series is over? Will you really go into details about what your current team should do or the weakness of the opposition?? Just curious.
Old May 16, 2007, 05:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

dav, dude you've got the india gig, so congrats... and thanks for the memories...
Old May 16, 2007, 05:29 PM
Test Cricketer

I hear the Indian officials are coming here instead of having Whatmore go there because if he did he would only get lunch money.
Old May 16, 2007, 05:45 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
I hear the Indian officials are coming here instead of having Whatmore go there because if he did he would only get lunch money.
ha haa haa best one on this topic!!!
Old May 16, 2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock
Priceless
Old May 16, 2007, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped
U guys are funny!

Its Alexandra... not alexandria! lol.. i cant believe dad told a paper that!
So Alexandra, will you be coming here after Dave goes away with the Indian team? I wonder.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old May 16, 2007, 10:30 PM
First Class Cricketer

of course i will.. i still got a lankan one...
Old May 20, 2007, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Whatmore meets Shah, puts forth case

Quote:
According to Indian team sources, Whatmore first approached cricket manager Ravi Shastri to introduce him to the BCCI bosses. After Shastri politely refused, Whatmore saw Shah in the evening and introduced himself in the presence of Shetty. BCCI president Sharad Pawar was not present.

Whatmore told Shah and Shetty that he wanted the India coaching job earnestly and left. The BCCI officials told Whatmore that they will put forth his name before the committee set up to appoint the next India coach. The whole 'meeting' lasted no more than five minutes. No details were discussed. The BCCI clearly didn't want to embarrass their hosts, the BCB, which has Whatmore on their rolls till May 31.
So much for not going around to promote himself
Old May 20, 2007, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Shah, along with Sharad Pawar, the BCCI president, administrative officer Ratnakar Shetty and vice-president Rajeev Shukla were in Bangladesh on Saturday on an invitation from the Bangladesh board.
Both Shah and Pawar denied during their press briefing that the purpose of their visit was to have a discussion with Whatmore, who has emerged as a major contender for the post vacated by Greg Chappell. Asked about the turn of events, Shah said, "Whatmore wanted to meet me. I couldn't say no."
Shah had earlier said that the seven-member committee, which includes former captains Ravi Shastri, Srinivas Venkataraghavan and Sunil Gavaskar, would meet in Bangalore on June 4 and the new coach would be named four to five days later.
© Cricinfo

The above is from an article in cricinfo about the whatmore saga. Read the underlined and bold part where it says that whatmore wanted to meet them. It almost looks like whatmore is desperate for the Indian job. He is only bringing himself down by acting like this. I have lost a lot of respect for the man. Given he wants to coach India, but his acts of desperation are going to bring down his esteem in the cricket world and in the eyes of his admirers.
Old May 20, 2007, 09:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol.........
Old May 20, 2007, 10:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

what does lol means?
Old May 20, 2007, 10:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwatchman
what does lol means?
laugh out loud.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old May 20, 2007, 10:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Shah, along with Sharad Pawar, the BCCI president, administrative officer Ratnakar Shetty and vice-president Rajeev Shukla were in Bangladesh on Saturday on an invitation from the Bangladesh board.
Both Shah and Pawar denied during their press briefing that the purpose of their visit was to have a discussion with Whatmore, who has emerged as a major contender for the post vacated by Greg Chappell. Asked about the turn of events, Shah said, "Whatmore wanted to meet me. I couldn't say no."
Shah had earlier said that the seven-member committee, which includes former captains Ravi Shastri, Srinivas Venkataraghavan and Sunil Gavaskar, would meet in Bangalore on June 4 and the new coach would be named four to five days later.
© Cricinfo

The above is from an article in cricinfo about the whatmore saga. Read the underlined and bold part where it says that whatmore wanted to meet them. It almost looks like whatmore is desperate for the Indian job. He is only bringing himself down by acting like this. I have lost a lot of respect for the man. Given he wants to coach India, but his acts of desperation are going to bring down his esteem in the cricket world and in the eyes of his admirers.

Indeed, I am almost embarrassed on his behalf. He's a coach who has a World Cup win in his resume as well as coaching one of the top county sides as well as turning Bangladesh around, it's very unbecoming of him to be so desperate, he is only making things difficult for himself because BCCI will make him their [ahem] if/when he gets the job.