facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 24, 2012, 12:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

eita ar Rashid Latif er choraami duita milaya Asia cup ta chiniye nei. :p

Old March 24, 2012, 12:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

This is the stupidest thing I ever heard. I think it has more to do with BCB-PCB politics than the game itself and marks a new low both on how BCB officials do businesss and in relationships between two boards. I don't buy that this is a simple bad umpiring issue. If that were the case, BCB would have arranged for UDRS given our experience with the umpiring.

This is Cheap and Backdoor !!!
Old March 24, 2012, 12:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
I find this modesty from BC members slightly amusing. This cheating is part of cricket? I guess it's part of Pakistani cricket just like chucking, ball-tampering and spot-fixing!

Ichha kore English-e bolchi na......

Apni ki eta dekhechen j 2 ta descision amamder pokke geche?? ekta to khubi crucial (U. Akmal) chilo. Eita na hole oder run aro beshi howar chance chilo...

So be fair!! whining never helps........I would rather lose a match but not honor.......

Moreover, we should grow out of this stupid generalizing and name calling..........."Pak player ra eirokom" "Indian media oirokom" "Indian fan ra arrogant" and so on.....

enuf of these......
Old March 24, 2012, 01:01 PM
Test Cricketer

well i think the ump gave cheema official warning and i dont know whether the penalty of 5 run is imposed with the first warning or it needs a second warning....can someone elaborate...
Old March 24, 2012, 01:01 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I personally think this is petty. This undermines the valiant effort put in by the tigers.

Wrong move, they should let this one go. This is what happens when BCB is run by a bunch of incompetent politicians.
Old March 24, 2012, 01:04 PM
Street Cricketer

lolzz cry babies
Old March 24, 2012, 01:04 PM
Street Cricketer

And What about Mashrafe Mortaza, he too deliberately got in the way of Afridi when he was running. Atleast he wasn't complaining, instead he gave him a smile and told him not to do it again. Oh yeah! and the next bowl went for a massive six.

Difference between large hearted people & cry babies
Old March 24, 2012, 01:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Forget about Cheema incident. I will blame Mahmudullah for his stupidity and poor Cricket knowledge !
Why he took 3 runs to give Razzak to face ? Normally recognized batsman face most of the delivery covering tail enders. I give credit to the Pakistan Keeper for intentional overthrow to provoke Mahmudullah to take that 3rd run .
Pakistan oi shomoi iccha korei extra run diyeche jate Riyad strike e na thake. But she bujhenai. hadaram ekta!
Old March 24, 2012, 01:17 PM
Street Cricketer

BCB cannot be serious!

Firstly I don't think there was ever a second run. Secondly Aizaz didn't do it on purpose. Thirdly, something similar happened when Afridi was batting.

After BD performance was appreciated all over the world especially in Pakistan, this whole thing leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.
Old March 24, 2012, 01:22 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Most of us think it is stupid too Samurai Ali. Hopefully nothing comes of it. There's no point.
Old March 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Lol when there's a need for voicing your concerns, BCB stays shut. And now when there's no need, they come out from hibernation!!

From what I can see of the highlights, it looks accidental.
Old March 24, 2012, 01:28 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Bangladesh could become the new Asian champions should the Bangladesh Cricket Board win an appeal they decided to lodge regarding the incident where Aizaz Cheema of Pakistan was seen deliberately blocking Mahmudullah from taking a second run in Thursday’s Asia Cup final.
The cricket operations committee of the BCB on Saturday decided to appeal to the ACC, which if granted, will earn Bangladesh five runs as penalty, enough for the Tigers to be declared as winners of the game.
Cheema blocked Mahmudullah when the batsman was attempting a second run in the first ball of the final over. It not only denied Bangladesh a crucial run, but also denied Mahmudullah, the last recognised batsman, the strike.
Bangladesh, who lost the game agonisingly by two runs, could collect only six runs from the over while they needed nine to win the game and the tournament.
‘We have seen video footage of the incident repeatedly. It is clear that Cheema blocked Mahmudullah deliberately,’ said Enayet Hossain Siraj, chairman of the cricket operations committee.
‘As per rules, we should have been awarded five runs as penalty and the ball should have been declared dead. We have seen umpire [Ian Gould] warning Cheema, but it is unclear to us why he did not declare it as dead-ball and award us the runs.’
‘We will lodge a written appeal to the ACC very soon and will also give a copy to the ICC,’ he said.
http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2012-03-25&nid=5067
Cricket Sage

Wow this is so lame. Up till now even though we lost people agreed that we lost with our head high, but now this just makes us look like sore losers.
Cricket Legend

This was a beautiful game. And now BCB is tarnishing it. It already has been tarnished by this I am afraid. I am Sad, very sad.
Old March 24, 2012, 01:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

They cant be serious. What they trying to achieve really ? revert the final result ? How .. just how stupid can you be ? There is a dignity in losing the way we lost but no dignity in whining like this after the match is over 2 days ago. You can never fight it out when the enemy lies within yourself is one thing I learned. The enemy is our system undoing every bit of progress, every bit of reputation, every bit of reason to be proud of with their stupidity. Shame.
Old March 24, 2012, 01:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Can I get a Shakib-facepalm icon! Jesus! These guys are more butt hurt than the players! I hope the players have moved on. This is nothing but childish.
Old March 24, 2012, 01:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Lol when there's a need for voicing your concerns, BCB stays shut. And now when there's no need, they come out from hibernation!!

but from Ian Goulds expression he looked like he was not happy with Cheema at all.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 24, 2012, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

It was a beautiful game. At the moment we heard nothing. Now people will only remember it as a tarnished final. Please don't file the complaint! But the news has already been gazetted!
Old March 24, 2012, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

eita kemon kotha.....championship shesh 2 dino hoye gese....ekhon abar kisher appeal.....ei bcb je kara chalai
Old March 24, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

BCB u r making us looking bad just to say we won? Idiots we already won now we becoming losers. What else u can expect from such idiots like tutul and co
Old March 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T

Could not have said it better....It will not only ruin the glory also earn us a bad name......

can they ever do something sensible??? God save BD cricket from these morons!!
Old March 24, 2012, 01:53 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Reports are saying Bangladesh? They should say BCB, it's not Bangladesh who is doing this, it's the dumb BCB!

Also even if that run was taken, we are STILL 2 runs short Riyad could've been bowled on the next ball. Clearly shows how much BCB knows about cricket.

And lets say it is reverse (I hope not), how would Rahim feel lifting the trophy? Clearly they didn't think this through.
Old March 24, 2012, 01:55 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Kamal to Manager: I'm the ACC president so...
Manager: ohh! *gets his iPhone out and txts to Kamal.*
Old March 24, 2012, 01:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Willow says BD won by 2 runs.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1348  
Old March 24, 2012, 01:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Jokhon umpire ra eker por ek baje decision dey amader bipokkhe tokhon BCB er eysob protibad/protikar koi thake? UDRS porjonto era arrange kore na. Ekhon khub protibad dekhacchen unara.