facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Your Opening Pair In WC
SN and Jr (go back as nothing happen) 8 17.78%
SN and Tamim (Give him Another chance) 20 44.44%
Sn and Slaeh (bring him back he is in good form) 11 24.44%
Sn and Rokon (Bring him back he deserves a chance after good show after good show) 4 8.89%
SN and Golla (Ok let him play at least one WC. No one is playing good anyway) 2 4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 9, 2007, 04:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

this is the exact scenario i was afraid about.. Now what should we do...

People those who were impatient let be a lesson for you...

I think we need a lot of experienced Player in the WC. WC is not a place for young players to start in blazing fashion...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Old February 9, 2007, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Youve got a point there........But we couldnt choose Mehrab either. I say give Tamim another chance. If he fails.....Put in Rajin for the WC...Thats the only option we've got.
Old February 9, 2007, 06:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

We are talking about the openers (except tamim) who's average are not more than 25 at best (23 rajin) after 20 games (excpet jr) with a strike rate of less than 60. Why do i need them back.
my question was why weren't Reza experimented in the opening. After 10 innings he has an average 28 and a strike rate of 75. Which is still better than Ash after what 80 mathces he played.
So, what he isn't a regular opener. After all the forums i have read about giving mehrab a chance now i am reading all the forums saying it was a mistake. Then why make the mistake? And even if you do want to mistake, why didn't make the mistake with Reza. If he had played as an opener instead of mehrab he would have had 20 innings in his name. And by then we could see if needed some change or not. That means we could go with (tamim) if Reza failed. However, if tamim failed we could have had reza as an opener at least with 25 games of international experiences. And now we have bunch of guys with 10 games experience and a young guy Tamim with a lot of pressure on his shoulder before the WC.
Great job
I have read quite a few threads about Tamim instead of Mehrab already and after one game we have a decision to make on him. Why was he given a chance anyway, even playing four games before WC, how much could he possibly done in four games. Now what if he makes a 50 in next game, we are starting with a new pair of opener in WC. I as an untalented cricketer find it difficult to go through so many batting partners just think of Nafees, poor guy have to rethink his game plan every time he gets a new partner.
Poor job in selection.
Old February 9, 2007, 06:36 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Tamim deserves another chance in the final match, but if he fails to perform then it was obviously a premature decision to bring him. They should bring back Mehrab, because slow runs is better than none. I'd also like Saleh on the WC squad. Tamim should play more first-class matches until such time he's considered ready.
Old February 9, 2007, 06:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

This is the mentality I hate. Everyone was so high on Tamim when he wasn't playing and now that he failed in only one game, most people think he is a waste. Emni ki bole amra hujuge bangalee? Just because he was in squad, everyone wanted to play this guy eventhough we had a decent run with our opening partnership after a long long time. Many times a young player comes in the squad just to get some taste of international cricket and just becuase he is squad, he doesn't have to necessarily play. Right now, all we can do is damage control. We can just keep our fingers crossed and hope he scores some runs and be successful. We have already broken a successful opening pair in Nafees-Mehrab and don't know how to go back.
Old February 9, 2007, 07:04 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

From some of our members post, I am assuming it would have been great to give Atahar Ali another chance.
Old February 9, 2007, 07:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

i am still standing by my choice of nafees and mehrab.i am disappointed with most people's cricket sense on picking a rookie just before world cup and creating such a big hype as if he is the divine solution to your top order problem.i still dont get the idea of sending a hard hitter when we already have aftab at number 3 position.

Last edited by sunniath; February 10, 2007 at 01:36 AM..
Old February 9, 2007, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

I am sure Tamim will play again tonite but as for WC, it still shud be Mehrab and Nafees unless they include golla/rajin in the squad.
Old February 9, 2007, 07:49 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Rajin will be the second best choice in the opening slot if Tamim fails in the 4th ODI against Zim and in the tour of Bermuda.
Old February 9, 2007, 07:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Tamim could stay in the WC squad as a 12th man if he doesn't perform well in those ODI matches.
Old February 9, 2007, 08:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

all we need is tamim's charisma, nothing else. otherwise mehrab's turtlish batting is okay, may be he was trying to play faster yesterday. i want a big change tomorrow. i wrote my last thread, Bd needs a change in the 2nd match. we should have tried new players, who are trying to prove themselves in the team and give some player rest like saqib, mashrafi, bashar.

we should have played in the 2nd match

Shahriar nafees
Tamim iqbal
Aftab Ahmed
Tushar Imran
Mohammad Ashraful
Mushfiq rahim
mohammad Rafiq
mohammad sharif
Tapash baisya
abdur razzaq
Shahadat Hossain
then 3rd match, we could have used our mashrafi, saqib, bashar. thats the way we can balance their team inclusion and make a competitive attitude between the players. now it seems we dont have enough choice. we cant wait for anything but winning now. bangladesh should follow Australia, they are correct in every sense of cricket.
yes we should hav. u r right .
Old February 9, 2007, 10:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Im pretty sure this is the obvious decision to make, but its also the best one: Pick Tamim for todays match, if he does remarkably well, only then should they choose him or the WC squad. Id say even a thirty wont do since they (selectors) waited so long to give him a chance. A 30(which isnt a bad score) wont show us anything, picking him for the WC squad based simply on one 30-40 score will be a pretty big risk. But then again, doing anything at this point will be a pretty big risk. The safest decision we could make at this point is to choose Rajin for the WC squad (which is also risky). Better to try out Mehrab/Tamim(if he fails) again after the WC is over.....
Old February 9, 2007, 10:59 PM
Test Cricketer

I dont know why Mehrab is replaced by Tamim. He may be a very slow batter, but, he surely has solid technic. Tamim may be a fiery batsman, has a very poor technic. He wont survive against quality attack. Mehrab gives the stability at the top order. Please bring him back.
Old February 10, 2007, 02:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Here is an idea ..... How about having Mannan Bhuiyan and Abdul Jalil open for us? I wonder what the rest of the team might look like ...
Old February 10, 2007, 03:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Rajin in for Mehrab for WC.
Old February 10, 2007, 04:00 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Aftab, Mash, Saki

bring rokon back, he is da 1 we really, he is experienced and powerfull cricketer. he is in good form as well. nafeez and Rokon,,, will be kool partners... wat do u think?