facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 9, 2007, 05:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

My impression of the newsmedia in Bangladesh is that, no matter how we do in the WC, DW days for Bangladesh Cricket are over after the worldcup.

Old March 9, 2007, 05:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

India did't play superb---all the credit goes to WI's batsman...they play extraordinary rubbish...thats all...good luck to BD, don't worry ..cheer Up.
Old March 9, 2007, 09:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Well the video reveals that indian bowlers were bowling in the right areas with some pace and the WI batsmen were simply capitulating. So, I guess caution is in the air, specially for players like Tamim and Aftab, but I still think we are better off chasing India than batting first.
Old March 9, 2007, 10:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Most of the matches look like low scoring matches. In one case I think this is good for BD. If we somehow restrict india we might have a chance Insha Allah!
Old March 9, 2007, 10:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

bad news for us. we will have to play our best
Old March 9, 2007, 11:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakirc
lets hope Indians become over confident after todays match .. after all thats what we want ... right?

i wish the same.....their over confidence can cause a trouble for them. it will b all mind game for sure.....
Old March 10, 2007, 12:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

So, in summary, Indian win over West Indies count for nothing. On the other hand, Bangladesh win over New Zealand counts for eveything. Good logic that.
Old March 10, 2007, 01:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideedge
So, in summary, Indian win over West Indies count for nothing. On the other hand, Bangladesh win over New Zealand counts for eveything. Good logic that.

I dont think that is the summary. Summary is India is in very good form and have built up momentum before the WC in the warm up matches specially the way they won against WI. However the majority of the fans here, this being a bangladesh cricket site would want bangladesh to win against India in their first match. There is no point is fearing how good the opposition is when that is not under your control. We also had a very good built up and should be focussing on that fact and give it our best shot in the match. I am sure if things go this way Bd has a good chance of winning the match. This is called "very optimistic" support for your own team. Moreover BD's win over NZ must have a greater value than India's win over WI. The first one was an upset while the second one was not.
Old March 10, 2007, 01:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Ekon asa kori apnader ektu holeo ghor katse, jara India-r shate jetar bepare oti oti confident chilen. Deksen to WI re koto run-e out korse. Manlam ora wkt throw korse, tobuo to 85 run-e allout hoile bowler der nishchoi credit ase. jai hok ekon bhaijan-ra asman theke mati-te naima asen r 2nd round er sopno bad den. beijjoti na hoilei ami khusi. ejonno shudu ei duai kortasi allar kase, 2 ta match-e harleo somman nia jeno matt thaika bair hoiya aste pari. ameen.
Old March 10, 2007, 02:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufism
Ekon asa kori apnader ektu holeo ghor katse, jara India-r shate jetar bepare oti oti confident chilen. Deksen to WI re koto run-e out korse. Manlam ora wkt throw korse, tobuo to 85 run-e allout hoile bowler der nishchoi credit ase. jai hok ekon bhaijan-ra asman theke mati-te naima asen r 2nd round er sopno bad den. beijjoti na hoilei ami khusi. ejonno shudu ei duai kortasi allar kase, 2 ta match-e harleo somman nia jeno matt thaika bair hoiya aste pari. ameen.
Plz man, change the attitude...your writings remind me the condition of BD team couple of years ago...now 2007...we beat NZ and scotland in the warm up matches, naturally we expect to get an another upset...either India or Srilanka...we will fight for win...do or die condition..."Somman" will be very far away from us...we don't need it...and we don't care...
Old March 10, 2007, 03:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

we need not to worry.....cuz we know dis time our team will perform better....
Old March 10, 2007, 03:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
bro its time to show "do or die" attitude not "wateva happens first save ur a**" attitude..... we dont wana play for sommanjonok porajoy... we r not like netherland, scotland or barmuda... evem kenyans show a winning attitude in their every game....
Old March 10, 2007, 03:43 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

didnt we beat the big guns when they are at the best. From pak, Indian, Aussie, lankan all the way to Kiwis. We want the cricket world to call it an upset and we are gonna all over the place in record book.

They call us minnow...I say "you are a minnow to minnow"
Let "TheWatcher" brother to watch my diaper while i am kicking everyone on my way!

Peace

Last edited by Anher; March 10, 2007 at 03:57 AM..
Old March 10, 2007, 05:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Yeah.. west indies played bad.. India just 'bowled'
Old March 10, 2007, 08:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: All BD team players

Indian should be happy with their cream with WI, and express all the rejoice they want to. Because in the end they are gonna loose to BD. Its good that they are getting some consolation beating WI before facing the bitter truth on March 17th.
Old March 10, 2007, 08:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

man bot munaf and pathan looked dangerous...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 10, 2007, 09:45 PM
Test Cricketer

India bowled pretty well....Bangladesh's batsmen have to be carefull when they face India
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old March 10, 2007, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

I saw the bowling but didnt think anybody was that good except for Agarkar's bowl to Gayle (outswinger to the left hander). That was a beauty. Since both of our openning batsmen are lefty..they have to be careful of that kinda ball. Pathan got wk cause of WI batsmen and I dont think he will be in playing 11 on 17th.
Old March 11, 2007, 05:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
I read that and factored it in. Pathan will not play against us. It will be Agarkar, Patel & Zaheer. And our batsmen are just as likely to play too many shots as Windies are.
Windines players didnt get out playing too many shots. They just didnt have any answers to the deliveries from indian bowlers. Most of them got astonished while getting out. I guess the pitch factor will be vital. If you look at the preparation matches you will see that in most of the games chasing team batted well. I guess the wicket remains horrible at the first half while it improves in the 2nd half.
Old March 11, 2007, 09:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:

man..u can...
im actually getting to convinced that you are a RAW agent...
or do you live in middle east?? may be u got too much "oil" in your disposal...
thats why you are oiling the indian machine...
or may be ur boss is an indian and you are soo used to .....

what ever ur issue is...
get over it.

i dont wanna repeat the same thing i told ya on some other post....
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 11, 2007, 11:12 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
man..u can...
im actually getting to convinced that you are a RAW agent...
or do you live in middle east?? may be u got too much "oil" in your disposal...
thats why you are oiling the indian machine...
or may be ur boss is an indian and you are soo used to .....

what ever ur issue is...
get over it.

i dont wanna repeat the same thing i told ya on some other post....
Everyone has the right to express their thoughts. If you dont like it, either argue with him constructively or ignore it if you dislike their arguement. Attacking somebody personally is not expected from a senior pro like you. Anyone who does nt agree with you is a RAW agent is an atrocious comment.

Last edited by sumanrc; March 11, 2007 at 09:21 PM..
Old March 11, 2007, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

I think the best option for Bd is to chase a target and hopefully not that big(anything less than 250-260). Then we have to bat sensibly. Their biggest bowling threat is opening attack of munaf and zaheer, they dont have much after that. Bd should target to lose at most 1 wicket by the end of 15 overs. After that we can cash in.

It is the first match, so nerves will be there and it is the underdog that gets the benefit from it. Both Ind and Sl are very strong teams but Bd is capable of beating them. We may lose but we must give our absolute best before losing.
Old March 12, 2007, 06:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanrc
Everyone has the right to express their thoughts. If you dont like it, either argue with him constructively or ignore it if you dislike their arguement. Attacking somebody personally is not expected from a senior pro like you. Anyone who does nt agree with you is a RAW agent is an atrocious comment.
i think you got me wrong there...
i have explained to him on a previous post in some other thread not to take it seriously...

i was merely cricizing his view of expression...
i hate that inferior complexity...
harar agei keno here bose thakbo...
havent we all been there and done it before..years and years...

loosing matches after matches... years afters years.. the pain and the shame... the media scruitiny... the pushover feelings of not belongings.. the ugly sister of elite group....the denials of the big boys.. what not???

and now...
we are in a stage...where we are beginning to earn the world's respect...
people talking about us, taking us more seriously than ever before...
we know and they know that we can win...
we are not here to make up the numbers...
and even if we go down..we will do so with a fight...

if our cricket team has made that progress...why cant we as a fan??
why still have that looser mentality...
ekhono keno harar age here bose thakbo...??
ekhono keno boro boro nam shune pa kapbe...??
ekhono keno nijeder proti atto-biswas ashbe na??
this is not 2001, this is 2007.

if we can do it once...we can do it again...

we are a reflection of our team... they carry our hopes and dreams...if we fail to inspire them... if we fail to show them how to dream... thats our failure...

" oh my god..india booked WI for 85..so we dont hv a chance against them at all" ... that is simply unacceptable in my dictionary...

we might win..or we might loose... loose badly... esp after all this super hype...
but shouldnt we be all be excited and a bit more optimist about our chances...

if our crickets are entering a new phase...we fans should lead the way...

Know you can, DONT think you can.

Till the last ball is bowled and the result is announced...i'll carry on my hopes of us beating one of the two giants and hopefully moving to the next round...

but till then ...im not ready to give up.

Seek, and you shall find.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]