facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 25, 2011, 04:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

The study of embryology is something that is quite amazing, especially when you see how each part of the body signals and the complexity of the mechanisms involved. Professor Moore a famous canadian embryologist converted a while back after learning about some verses of the Qur'an regarding the embryo/fetus and its development. I can't find it exactly, but I think the video is on youtube

Old May 25, 2011, 04:58 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar umpire
The study of embryology is something that is quite amazing, especially when you see how each part of the body signals and the complexity of the mechanisms involved. Professor Moore a famous canadian embryologist converted a while back after learning about some verses of the Qur'an regarding the embryo/fetus and its development. I can't find it exactly, but I think the video is on youtube
Old May 25, 2011, 05:03 AM
Banned

A supplication that I like a lot and make quite often. And I would urge everyone to do the same - for your parents.

"Rabbanaghfir lii wa liwaalidayya wa lilmu"miniina yauma yaquumul'hisaab, Rabbirhamhumaa kamaa rabbayaanii shaghiiraa."

O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they have nourished me when I was young.
Old May 25, 2011, 05:06 AM
Banned

If anyone is interested to know about the literary miracles of Quran, search Brother Nouman Ali Khan's lectures. You will be amazed.
Old May 25, 2011, 07:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Thanks Sakib
gary Miller also comes to mind (he was a canadian missionary who converted)

I used to like Suhaib Webb's lectures too
Old May 25, 2011, 08:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar umpire

I used to like Suhaib Webb's lectures too
Gangsta Tafsir

http://
Old May 25, 2011, 07:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Lol I just find he relates really well with the youth and has a great sense of humour
Thanks for putting the link up BCF
Old May 25, 2011, 10:21 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Afridi Imran Khan

so happy to see this thread. )
Old May 26, 2011, 05:29 AM
Test Cricketer

..:: Golden Words of Wisdom ::..
Siddiq al-Akbar Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu

Two and a half dirham from a hundred is the Zakah (poor tax) belonging to the poor amongst the people of the World while the Zakah of the Siddiques is to give their entire wealth to charity.

Extend your charity with humbleness towards the poor for to give charity happily is a sign of acceptance.

Wealth cannot be gained by simply wishing for it, nor is youth gained by dyeing or coloring one’s hair, neither can one gain health without medication.

Justice and fairness is good, nay it is better.

It is necessary to ask forgiveness for one’s sins, nay it is absolutely necessary.

Do not bury me in new clothes. The rights of the living and needy is greater upon it.

Keep your mouths closed from complaints and vulgarity. By keeping your mouths closed one obtains solitude.

Strange are the passing of time yet stranger are the conditions of wanton carelessness (i.e. In remembrance of the Supreme Creator SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala)

Adopt abstention, for abstention is profitable and do good deeds, for good deeds are highly accepted in the court of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala.

Weep for the days gone by in which you have but earned little rewards.

Weeping is for the day in which you have wasted without any good deeds being done.

There is no trouble in patience and there is no benefit in complaining.

Do not kill any woman, children or cripple.

Do not cut down a fruit bearing tree.

Do not be lavish or miserly.

Striving against the enemies (Kuffar) is regarded as a small striving while striving against one’s (Nafs) desires is regarded as a
great striving (Jihad al-Akbar).

Fear of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala is likened to knowledge while being oblivious of your Creator SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala is likened to
ignorance.

Ikhlas (good conduct) is: when one does not require reward in exchange for a good deed.

Whosoever gets involved in the work of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala then Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala gets involved in his work.

Man is weak, yet it is astonishing that he is insistent in disobeying the commands of the Almighty Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala.

He should know that his heart is empty of Faith (Iman) when good advice has no avail upon him.

Worship and prayer is a career, It’s business premises is the creation, The fear of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala is it’s wealth and it’s
profits is Paradise.

It is difficult to be patient but to waste the rewards for patience is worse.

Strange are the passing of time yet stranger is the fact when one does not notice this.

Life comes to pass yet Death is very much closer.

To seek forgiveness in old age is good but to seek it when young is better.
To forgive the rich is good but to forgive the poor is better.

Sin committed by a young person is bad but an old person committing sin is worse.

Being an accomplice by ignorance is bad, knowingly being an accomplice is worse.

Laziness in worship by the general public is bad, but a knowledgeable person or a seeker of knowledge showing laziness is worse.

The pride of the rich is bad but the pride of the person in need is worse.

Humility shown by the poor is good but humility shown by the rich is better.

Sajdah of Sahw (Prostration if a mistake is made in Salah) completes Salah if a minor mistake is made. Sadqah-e-Fitr completes
one’s Fast, Fidya completes one’s Hajj and Jihad completes one’s Iman (Faith).

Those that do not have the strength to cry then they should show mercy upon that person who cries.

Stop complaining and you would be blessed with a good life.

Cry on that day when you realize that life has passed you by and you have not done any good deeds.

Nobody wishes for death except that person who has complete confidence on his good deeds.

It is compulsory for the one questioned to answer and to give an excellent reply shows superb ethics and morals.

There is a perception as to the rewards for every virtue except patience, for patience is that virtue whose reward is unknown
(Infinite).

A thankful person is very close to safety.

True generosity is to remove the burdens of Creation and place it upon one’s own shoulders.

Good manner is not to ask for rewards in exchange for good deeds. Leave the World for the Hereafter and leave the Hereafter to
Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala Most High.

You are busy pursuing the comforts and luxuries to make your life comfortable in this World while the World is in earnest preparation
to expel you from her.

It does not benefit the tongue to speak of the losses incurred upon a person’s Worldly investments.

No person with knowledge has ever claimed godhead by comparison to those with immense wealth.

Whenever one goes to offer his condolences to the bereaving family then one should say – Adopt patience for there is no calamity in
it and do not cry for there is no benefit in it. Remember the Messenger of Allah r and the great loss sustained through his departure
from this World and your misfortune shall seem small in comparison.

The redness of gold and the “pallor of saffron” has destroyed women. (p.s.: Take heed “redness of gold” and “pallor of saffron” are
used figuratively and could stand for rich make-up and to laugh instinctively)

Those people, who demised at the beginning of the early days of Islam, are very fortunate.

If only I was a strand of hair on a Mu'min’s (believer) chest.

Oh! People! Be modest in the presence of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala. Thereafter in your actions or deeds think of the omnipotence
of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala then continue with fear and modesty. I swear by Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala that whenever I present
myself in front of him with any need or desire, I bow my head in modesty.
When speaking then talk precisely. That speech is only beneficial which could be listened to with ease. Long speeches tend to bore
people who then lose an element of the subject matter.

Knowledge is the legacy of the Prophets Alaihim as-Salam while wealth is the legacy of the Kuf’far, the likes of which are Fir’oun and
Qaroon etc.

The life of a dead heart is knowledge. The life of knowledge is the search of it.

Rising early in the morning surpasses the beauty of the rooster thus becoming a reason for repentance/forgiveness.

Those 'Ulama are the enemies of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala who seek only the rich while those wealthy are the friends of Allah
SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala who seek the 'Ulama.

Always hold the tip of your tongue and say, you have entrapped me in many places.

When the camel’s bridle falls then one gets down and picks it up. The question never arises to ask somebody else to do it. (p.s.
endeavour to do things on your own without relying on others to do it for you)

When a servant of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala marvels at the beauty of this material World then Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala becomes
his enemy until he isolates himself from that beauty.

Alas! If only I were a tree so that I could be chopped down and eaten. (The reason for such an extreme is the status of fear and
sorrow overpowering it)

The heart is the acceptor of advice, Remember! Keep no one more beloved or closer than death.

Those people are not preferred who relinquish the Hereafter for the World but inclination is towards those who give preference to
both the World and the Hereafter.

Make amends for your wrong doings with zeal and replace your bad deeds with good deeds.

That amount of knowledge which creates fear of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala Almighty is only necessary for a believer (Mo'min).

After journey and shortages a person fears provisions.

The foundation for all a persons troubles is his speech.

A believers fear and hope when weighed would be equal.

When an honourable person obtains knowledge it humbles him and when a legislator obtains knowledge he becomes proud.

It is better to be alone than to sit in bad company while it is better to keep and be in good company than be alone.

A seeker of knowledge shows excesses in age while a seeker of the World show a high handedness in knowledge.

Hadrat Junayd Radi Allahu Anhu says that among the sayings of the Companion of the Holy Prophet regarding Tawheed (oneness of
Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala) the saying of Sayyiduna Abu Bakr al-Siddique Siddiq Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu is the most excellent and he
said this: There is no other road created besides submission/humility and helplessness for the creation and Allah SubHanuhu wa
Ta'ala is most high, most pure.

If any good deeds, for whatsoever reason is unaccomplished, then endeavour to accomplish it and if a good deed is accomplished
then make an effort to accomplish more.

When good advice does not affect a change in ones ways then know this that, ones heart is empty from Iman (Faith).

The strength of knowledge when it surpasses the boundaries gives birth to deceit and cunningness and when it is deficient or

worthless then it gives birth to stupidity and gullibility.

Last edited by mar umpire; May 27, 2011 at 01:53 AM..
Old May 26, 2011, 02:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

A beautiful dua'(or monazat or supplication) about parents that I like to recite after each Salah (or namaaz or ritual prayers):

And We have enjoined upon man, to his parents, good treatment. His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months. [He grows] until, when he reaches maturity and reaches [the age of] forty years, he says, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve and make righteous for me my offspring. Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims." [46:15]

**The dua' starts from: Rabbi aaoji'hni
Old May 26, 2011, 06:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Some great websites that I like to follow alhamdulillah:

1. Qur'an:

Arabic-English:
http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/
http://quran.com/
http://tanzil.net/

Arabic-Bangla:
http://www.banglakitab.com/qerat.htm
http://www.voiceofquran.info/bangla_quran_audio.html

2. Tafseer (Explanation):

English:
http://www.tafsir.com/ (Tafsir Ibn Kathir)

Bangla:
http://www.banglakitab.com/quran.htm (Tafsir Maariful Quran)

3. Hadith:

English:
http://www.quranexplorer.com/Hadith/English/Index.html
Old May 26, 2011, 06:59 PM
Cricket Savant

And all these coming from someone with a Hangover avy? Wow.

[goru back me up in case i get attacked on this]

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 27, 2011, 02:57 PM
Test Cricketer

The famous conversation between Heraclius and Abu Sufyan about Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)...

----------------------------------
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas:

Abu Sufyan bin Harb informed me that Heraclius had sent a messenger to him while he had been accompanying a caravan from Quraish. They were merchants doing business in Sham (Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan), at the time when Allah's Apostle had truce with Abu Sufyan and Quraish infidels. So Abu Sufyan and his companions went to Heraclius at Ilya (Jerusalem). Heraclius called them in the court and he had all the senior Roman dignitaries around him. He called for his translator who, translating Heraclius's question said to them, "Who amongst you is closely related to that man who claims to be a Prophet?" Abu Sufyan replied, "I am the nearest relative to him (amongst the group)."

Heraclius said, "Bring him (Abu Sufyan) close to me and make his companions stand behind him." Abu Sufyan added, Heraclius told his translator to tell my companions that he wanted to put some questions to me regarding that man (The Prophet) and that if I told a lie they (my companions) should contradict me." Abu Sufyan added, "By Allah! Had I not been afraid of my companions labeling me a liar, I would not have spoken the truth about the Prophet. The first question he asked me about him was:

'What is his family status amongst you?'

I replied, 'He belongs to a good (noble) family amongst us.'

Heraclius further asked, 'Has anybody amongst you ever claimed the same (i.e. to be a Prophet) before him?'

I replied, 'No.'

He said, 'Was anybody amongst his ancestors a king?'

I replied, 'No.'

Heraclius asked, 'Do the nobles or the poor follow him?'

I replied, 'It is the poor who follow him.'

He said, 'Are his followers increasing decreasing (day by day)?'

I replied, 'They are increasing.'

He then asked, 'Does anybody amongst those who embrace his religion become displeased and renounce the religion afterwards?'

I replied, 'No.'

Heraclius said, 'Have you ever accused him of telling lies before his claim (to be a Prophet)?'

I replied, 'No. '

Heraclius said, 'Does he break his promises?'

I replied, 'No. We are at truce with him but we do not know what he will do in it.' I could not find opportunity to say anything against him except that.

Heraclius asked, 'Have you ever had a war with him?'

I replied, 'Yes.'

Then he said, 'What was the outcome of the battles?'

I replied, 'Sometimes he was victorious and sometimes we.'

Heraclius said, 'What does he order you to do?'

I said, 'He tells us to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship anything along with Him, and to renounce all that our ancestors had said. He orders us to pray, to speak the truth, to be chaste and to keep good relations with our Kith and kin.'

Heraclius asked the translator to convey to me the following, I asked you about his family and your reply was that he belonged to a very noble family. In fact all the Apostles come from noble families amongst their respective peoples. I questioned you whether anybody else amongst you claimed such a thing, your reply was in the negative. If the answer had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man was following the previous man's statement. Then I asked you whether anyone of his ancestors was a king. Your reply was in the negative, and if it had been in the affirmative, I would have thought that this man wanted to take back his ancestral kingdom.

I further asked whether he was ever accused of telling lies before he said what he said, and your reply was in the negative. So I wondered how a person who does not tell a lie about others could ever tell a lie about Allah. I, then asked you whether the rich people followed him or the poor. You replied that it was the poor who followed him. And in fact all the Apostle have been followed by this very class of people. Then I asked you whether his followers were increasing or decreasing. You replied that they were increasing, and in fact this is the way of true faith, till it is complete in all respects. I further asked you whether there was anybody, who, after embracing his religion, became displeased and discarded his religion. Your reply was in the negative, and in fact this is (the sign of) true faith, when its delight enters the hearts and mixes with them completely. I asked you whether he had ever betrayed. You replied in the negative and likewise the Apostles never betray. Then I asked you what he ordered you to do. You replied that he ordered you to worship Allah and Allah alone and not to worship any thing along with Him and forbade you to worship idols and ordered you to pray, to speak the truth and to be chaste. If what you have said is true, he will very soon occupy this place underneath my feet and I knew it (from the scriptures) that he was going to appear but I did not know that he would be from you, and if I could reach him definitely, I would go immediately to meet him and if I were with him, I would certainly wash his feet.'

Heraclius then asked for the letter addressed by Allah's Apostle which was delivered by Dihya to the Governor of Busra, who forwarded it to Heraclius to read. The contents of the letter were as follows: "In the name of Allah the Beneficent, the Merciful (This letter is) from Muhammad the slave of Allah and His Apostle to Heraclius the ruler of Byzantine. Peace be upon him, who follows the right path. Furthermore I invite you to Islam, and if you become a Muslim you will be safe, and Allah will double your reward, and if you reject this invitation of Islam you will be committing a sin by misguiding your Arisiyin (peasants). (And I recite to you Allah's Statement)

'O people of the scripture! Come to a word common to you and us that we worship none but Allah and that we associate nothing in worship with Him, and that none of us shall take others as Lords beside Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: Bear witness that we are Muslims (those who have surrendered to Allah).' (3:64).

Abu Sufyan then added, "When Heraclius had finished his speech and had read the letter, there was a great hue and cry in the Royal Court. So we were turned out of the court. I told my companions that the question of Ibn-Abi-Kabsha) (the Prophet Muhammad) has become so prominent that even the King of Bani Al-Asfar (Byzantine) is afraid of him. Then I started to become sure that he (the Prophet) would be the conqueror in the near future till I embraced Islam (i.e. Allah guided me to it)."

The sub narrator adds, "Ibn An-Natur was the Governor of llya' (Jerusalem) and Heraclius was the head of the Christians of Sham. Ibn An-Natur narrates that once while Heraclius was visiting ilya' (Jerusalem), he got up in the morning with a sad mood. Some of his priests asked him why he was in that mood? Heraclius was a foreteller and an astrologer. He replied, 'At night when I looked at the stars, I saw that the leader of those who practice circumcision had appeared (become the conqueror). Who are they who practice circumcision?' The people replied, 'Except the Jews nobody practices circumcision, so you should not be afraid of them (Jews).

'Just Issue orders to kill every Jew present in the country.'

While they were discussing it, a messenger sent by the king of Ghassan to convey the news of Allah's Apostle to Heraclius was brought in. Having heard the news, he (Heraclius) ordered the people to go and see whether the messenger of Ghassan was circumcised. The people, after seeing him, told Heraclius that he was circumcised. Heraclius then asked him about the Arabs. The messenger replied, 'Arabs also practice circumcision.'

(After hearing that) Heraclius remarked that sovereignty of the 'Arabs had appeared. Heraclius then wrote a letter to his friend in Rome who was as good as Heraclius in knowledge. Heraclius then left for Homs. (a town in Syrian and stayed there till he received the reply of his letter from his friend who agreed with him in his opinion about the emergence of the Prophet and the fact that he was a Prophet. On that Heraclius invited all the heads of the Byzantines to assemble in his palace at Homs. When they assembled, he ordered that all the doors of his palace be closed. Then he came out and said, 'O Byzantines! If success is your desire and if you seek right guidance and want your empire to remain then give a pledge of allegiance to this Prophet (i.e. embrace Islam).'

(On hearing the views of Heraclius) the people ran towards the gates of the palace like onagers but found the doors closed. Heraclius realized their hatred towards Islam and when he lost the hope of their embracing Islam, he ordered that they should be brought back in audience.

(When they returned) he said, 'What already said was just to test the strength of your conviction and I have seen it.' The people prostrated before him and became pleased with him, and this was the end of Heraclius's story (in connection with his faith).
----------------------------
Source: Bukhari: Book 1, Volume 1, Hadith 6
Old May 27, 2011, 11:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Amazing thread bro...Thanks আমিপানিপানকরি bhai।
Old May 28, 2011, 02:32 AM
Test Cricketer

~A few ahadith regarding Friday Prayer!!!~

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "When it is a Friday, the angels stand at the gate of the mosque and keep on writing the names of the persons coming to the mosque in succession according to their arrivals. The example of the one who enters the mosque in the earliest hour is that of one offering a camel (in sacrifice). The one coming next is like one offering a cow and then a ram and then a chicken and then an egg respectively. When the Imam comes out (for Jumua prayer) they (i.e. angels) fold their papers and listen to the Khutba."

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 51)
------------------

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, "Any person who takes a bath on Friday like the bath of Janaba and then goes for the prayer (in the first hour i.e. early), it is as if he had sacrificed a camel (in Allah's cause); and whoever goes in the second hour it is as if he had sacrificed a cow; and whoever goes in the third hour, then it is as if he had sacrificed a horned ram; and if one goes in the fourth hour, then it is as if he had sacrificed a hen; and whoever goes in the fifth hour then it is as if he had offered an egg. When the Imam comes out (i.e. starts delivering the Khutba), the angels present themselves to listen to the Khutba."

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 6)
------------------

Narrated Salman-Al-Farsi:

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Whoever takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself as much as he can, then uses his (hair) oil or perfumes himself with the scent of his house, then proceeds (for the Jumua prayer) and does not separate two persons sitting together (in the mosque), then prays as much as (Allah has) written for him and then remains silent while the Imam is delivering the Khutba, his sins in-between the present and the last Friday would be forgiven."

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 8)
------------------

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet used to recite the following in the Fajr prayer of Friday, "Alif, Lam, Mim, Tanzil" (Surat-as-Sajda #32) and "Hal-ata-ala-l-Insani" (i.e. Surah-Ad-Dahr #76).

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 16)
------------------

Narrated Abu Umama bin Sahl bin Hunaif:

I heard Muawiya bin Abi Sufyan (repeating the statements of the Adhan) while he was sitting on the pulpit. When the Muadh-dhin pronounced the Adhan saying, "Allahu-Akbar, Allahu Akbar", Muawiya said: "Allah Akbar, Allahu Akbar." And when the Muadh-dhin said, "Ash-hadu an la ilaha illal-lah (I testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah)", Muawiya said, "And (so do) I". When he said, "Ash-hadu anna Muhammadan Rasulullah" (I testify that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle), Muawiya said, "And (so do) I". When the Adhan was finished, Muawiya said, "O people, when the Muadh-dhin pronounced the Adhan I heard Allah's Apostle on this very pulpit saying what you have just heard me saying".

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 37)
------------------

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

A person entered the mosque while the Prophet was delivering the Khutba on a Friday. The Prophet said to him, "Have you prayed?" The man replied in the negative. The Prophet said, "Get up and pray two Rakat."

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 52)
------------------

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) talked about Friday and said, "There is an hour (opportune time) on Friday and if a Muslim gets it while praying and asks something from Allah, then Allah will definitely meet his demand." And he (the Prophet) pointed out the shortness of that time with his hands.

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 57)
------------------

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar:

Allah's Apostle used to pray two Rakat before the Zuhr prayer and two Rakat after it. He also used to pray two Rakat after the Maghrib prayer in his house, and two Rakat after the 'Isha' prayer. He never prayed after Jumua prayer till he departed (from the Mosque), and then he would pray two Rakat at home.

(Bukhari: Book 2, Volume 13, Hadith 59)
Old May 30, 2011, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Jesus was mentioned in the Quran 28 times. I looked up here: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_t...d_in_the_quran

and added up the verses where he was mentioned. The sum of the 28 verse numbers are 2205.

So could it be possible that Jesus will return in approx. 194 years time (following Gregorian calender) or 773 years following Islamic Calendar?

Gregorian sounds more plausible since countdown should start from Jesus birth time rather than Islamic calendar. 773 years sounds a bit too long for some reason.
Old May 30, 2011, 07:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Well according to the hadeeth it is not known when the day of judgement will be or when Iesa alaihissalam will return. So I guess it's better not to speculate. Allah knows best
Old May 30, 2011, 08:05 AM
Administrator

May 25th, 3015. Sell your stocks by then.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Jesus was mentioned in the Quran 28 times. I looked up here: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_t...d_in_the_quran

and added up the verses where he was mentioned. The sum of the 28 verse numbers are 2205.

So could it be possible that Jesus will return in approx. 194 years time (following Gregorian calender) or 773 years following Islamic Calendar?

Gregorian sounds more plausible since countdown should start from Jesus birth time rather than Islamic calendar. 773 years sounds a bit too long for some reason.
you sound like a evangelical christian
Old June 5, 2011, 04:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Topic: Understanding and Moderation
Speaker: Imam Suhaib Webb

Last edited by idrinkh2O; June 5, 2011 at 04:41 AM..
Old June 5, 2011, 04:17 AM
Test Cricketer

The 6 Cs of Character by Sheikh Yassir Fazaga

Old June 5, 2011, 04:22 AM
Test Cricketer

The Heart of the Quran-Reflections from Surah Ya-Sin by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

Old June 5, 2011, 04:27 AM
Test Cricketer

How the Quran was compiled by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

Old June 5, 2011, 04:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Al-Qur'an the Living Miracle by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

Old June 6, 2011, 01:00 PM
Test Cricketer

~Story of HOW the 5-times-SALAT(namaaz or ritual prayer) was PRESCRIBED to mankind!!!~

Narrated Abu Dhar:

Allah's Apostle said, "While I was at Mecca the roof of my house was opened and Gabriel descended, opened my chest, and washed it with Zam-zam water. Then he brought a golden tray full of wisdom and faith and having poured its contents into my chest, he closed it. Then he took my hand and ascended with me to the nearest heaven, when I reached the nearest heaven, Gabriel said to the gatekeeper of the heaven, 'Open (the gate).' The gatekeeper asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel answered: 'Gabriel.' He asked, 'Is there anyone with you?' Gabriel replied, 'Yes, Muhammad I is with me.' He asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel said, 'Yes.' So the gate was opened and we went over the nearest heaven and there we saw a man sitting with some people on his right and some on his left. When he looked towards his right, he laughed and when he looked toward his left he wept. Then he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' He replied, 'He is Adam and the people on his right and left are the souls of his offspring. Those on his right are the people of Paradise and those on his left are the people of Hell and when he looks towards his right he laughs and when he looks towards his left he weeps.'

Then he ascended with me till he reached the second heaven and he (Gabriel) said to its gatekeeper, 'Open (the gate).' The gatekeeper said to him the same as the gatekeeper of the first heaven had said and he opened the gate. Anas said: "Abu Dhar added that the Prophet met Adam, Idris, Moses, Jesus and Abraham, he (Abu Dhar) did not mention on which heaven they were but he mentioned that he (the Prophet ) met Adarn on the nearest heaven and Abraham on the sixth heaven. Anas said, "When Gabriel along with the Prophet passed by Idris, the latter said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.' The Prophet asked, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Idris." The Prophet added, "I passed by Moses and he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Moses.' Then I passed by Jesus and he said, 'Welcome! O pious brother and pious Prophet.' I asked, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Jesus.

Then I passed by Abraham and he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Abraham. The Prophet added, 'Then Gabriel ascended with me to a place where I heard the creaking of the pens." Ibn Hazm and Anas bin Malik said: The Prophet said, "Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers when I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, 'What has Allah enjoined on your followers?' I replied, 'He has enjoined fifty prayers on them.' Moses said, 'Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it.' (So I went back to Allah and requested for reduction) and He reduced it to half. When I passed by Moses again and informed him about it, he said, 'Go back to your Lord as your followers will not be able to bear it.' So I returned to Allah and requested for further reduction and half of it was reduced. I again passed by Moses and he said to me: 'Return to your Lord, for your followers will not be able to bear it. So I returned to Allah and He said, 'These are five prayers and they are all (equal to) fifty (in reward) for My Word does not change.' I returned to Moses and he told me to go back once again. I replied, 'Now I feel shy of asking my Lord again.' Then Gabriel took me till we " reached Sidrat-il-Muntaha (Lote tree of; the utmost boundry) which was shrouded in colors, indescribable. Then I was admitted into Paradise where I found small (tents or) walls (made) of pearls and its earth was of musk."

Bukhari: Book 1: Volume 8: Hadith 345