facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 5, 2006, 12:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

aami shudhu ekta kothai bolbo...

i wanna bd team winning...no matter if it costs all players changing

Old August 5, 2006, 03:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
u hav the right to disagree. but i think bangladesh team er gadha der diye are kisu hove naa, no matter who ever the coach is.
just watch wat happens in the upcomin wc.......

this is the role a coach to play. how come after spending these years, none of our players rectifies their mistakes. if someone doesn't want to rectify his mistakes just through him out. why we are watching same wicket throughing over the years in a same manners from the same player. could you a find a single player under DW, who rectifies his wicket throughing maniac. if not, what DW is doing. look IND, PAK, how they changed after changing their coach. and its always true, if you stick with the same management, you will not able to dynamise yourself further. yes, DW is one of the best coach we ever had. he also delivers some good performance. but i think he reaches his best level in delivering performance to BD team. look, when John Wright was coach of India, indeed he delivered lot what other indian previous coaches couldn't. but reached his level best and you can clearly differentiate it after changing him. so, i think its time to think about changing DW.
Old August 5, 2006, 04:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

yes yes yes change DW....bring some one like...Mohinder Gabornath.or Mohsin kamal ....or Steve Tikolo.....
Old August 5, 2006, 06:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

ahamammok gula ke rab er hathe tuila crossfire-e dile sob kichu thanda.
Tarupor U19 amonki U-15 team o ather cheye valo.
Old August 5, 2006, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

as i have always said players like aftab, ashraful needs coaching guidience. i think anyone will agree that they have talent but not the temperment. they should be trained by an experienced test batsman of past generation who has lot of runs under his record. there are quite a few in india/pakistan. we still need a head coach. but the batting coach should work with the batsmen only and develop their temperment how to play long innings and convert a 50 into 100.
Old August 5, 2006, 07:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

i think we should retain everyone except for those buira khatash. this defeat will make them think and will make them stronger. they needed this. we needed this. we underestimated the power and strength of zimbabwe and overestimated ours
Old August 5, 2006, 10:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Rajin for Golla (Permanently)

Mashud never to captain the team ever again

Ash, Alok, Mash, Aftab (from squad for a while to find ther head and feet)

Al-Shahriar Rokon needs a call up

give the young guns a chance (i wonder what good it would do them to tour with a squad that keeps losing)

The corrupt selectors (Crossfired by RAB)

Last edited by baisab; August 6, 2006 at 08:00 PM..
Old August 5, 2006, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

u mean who is not in the kick out list? that'll be a smaller list...
________
Aromed Vaporizers

Last edited by ialbd; February 20, 2011 at 12:08 AM..
Old August 5, 2006, 10:58 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

"Totally disagree.. the fluke wins do not count. And that's what they have been. Considering the amount of money Dav Whatmore is getting, he should have the ability to make us poop gold. But look at this dismal performance."

I disagree with the above disagreement. Only one person cannot change the attitude, and way of playing of a whole nation. He can just change the attitude of the National Team, which he did - by bringing us shock-victories here and there, however fluke they may be.

The real change has to be in the minds of all Bangladeshis. We cannot think of better cricket when our domestic cricket doesn't improve dramatically, from whre our players are coming from.

First of all, how much money do we spend in actually preparing good sporting wickets? I'd say its very limited.

Secondly, how much money do we spend in getting players from outside Dhaka, and what is the standard of cricket played outside Dhaka? Very limited and very poor.

What the national team's coach can do is just to change the image of the nation, he works with only a bunch of 20 odd players who turn the game around within a couple of years. Now if our players refuses to get the benefit of just that one person, then its his and our nation's downfall.

Just think - we can't blame Dav for not getting long term benefit from him when we know our players, and our players' mentality - after all, they have come from losing to Canada to beating Australia in just a couple of years' time, and only two factors helped in the raise - the coach - Dav Whatmore and the former captain - Khaled Mahmud, the former helped in improving our attitude and the latter helped in stopping the indiscipline between the team.
Old August 5, 2006, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTazim
You need to get your facts straight.

1. Sri Lanka did not renew his contract.
2. I have been a vocal opponent of Dav Whatmore.
3. I have enough background in Organziational Development and I can say it with conviction that if my players would not listen to me about not throwing away wickets at crucial times, etc. I would have them not play no matter how big a "star"they are.
4. Can you care to qualify "your own bunch of gadha"..? are you directly attacking me if so that is absolutely unacceptable and I want moderated to take note.
There is no point of attacking you Mr.CTazim, I have not got any problem with u! I said 'your own bunch of gadha ' cause I don't want to accept those players anymore. By refering 'you' I meant the whole community who love bangladesh team. Thats it.

Now, Srilanka thought there was no need of Dav after the World Cup in 1996, he went away in The Uk to coach a county team. After the dismal performance of 1999 WC they decided to bring him back. It was more than a renewal of the contract. And they still believe he is a very good coach.

Remeber who play in the final eleven does not depend on the coach only. It depends on the captain, selectors as well. So there has to be a consent to take any decision.

So personally u might not like him but I do like him. Thats it.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old August 5, 2006, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

People who are calling for dav's head are just looking for a scapegoat maybe because they have relatives in the BCB administration. Only a fool can denounce whatmore's contributions to Bangladesh cricket. A coach can only do that much and it is upto the players to perform in the middle. What can a coach do if a batsman throws his wicket or if a bowler bowls four full tosses in the final over when 19 runs are required ? The blame for the failure has to go to the selectors primarily for the horrible combination, the BCB administration for scheduling a tour where we played only one practice match I think, The coach for the terrible fielding display ( this can be blamed on dav coz bad fielding is a result of lack of practice) and most importantly the players who did not perform. We need a major shake up in the selection comittee and in the team. I suggest you fire all the current selectors and bring in Bulbul, Akram and Lipu. Make Khaled mahmud the team manager. In the team we need to get rid of Kapali and Golla permanently. Ashraful for the time being and let him prove in the domestic matches that he can be a consistent performer. We need to try new players for the opening slot and we need someone who is compact in technic and a bit aggressive. Nafees is pretty slow and rajin is also slow. Having two slow players open in ODI's is not a good idea. Here we can try out ashraful or aftab. If this is the case we can give ashraful one more chance as an opener before dropping him. It should be noted that he used to open for the under 19 team i think. His game should be better suited to opening where there is fielding restriction. We should definitely bring in sakib who I think has performed consistently and this consistency should be rewarded and we just might find a consistent player at this level. THe most interesting thing to note is that most of our national team players also have dismal batting averages in first class matches. Hence we should give chances to players who has a good first class record in the one day versions and similarly for test matches.
Old August 5, 2006, 02:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

easy to say to be done..
ash was tried as an opener but failed.. mind you he most of the time comes in when the fielding restriction is on still gets caught some where in the small d-box(circle)....
And I agree on firing he selectors but I also think coaches has some actions to be taken.
And do u remember what happen when we constantly chaged players bds performance was very veyr bad... Do we have aggressive opener in bd? no? so where r u getting those replacements? also saqib nakiq all those u-19 team player that u r baking now will should after the next match to drop them cause most of them will fail cause this is not u-19. remember he didn't play that well with a team either.... so how can u tell which one will do better then other? isn't it also coaches job to find out?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old August 5, 2006, 02:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Golla (permenently from ODIs)
Pilot (never make him captain, I just wished we had a more alternative attacking batsman wicketkeeper suited for ODI than Rahim)
Old August 5, 2006, 02:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

The squad now is pretty much the best team we have right now. Making wholesale changes would not solve anything. The only necessary change I see is the change in attitude. Lack of resolve and temperament, repeating mistakes, discipline...these are the areas where we are miles behind the better teams. what has hurt most watching the team play this series is the absence of pride as a team and the tendency to crumble in pressure situations. I am afraid discarding players, drafting in a bunch of youngsters and hoping for miracles is nothing but a grand illusion.
Old August 6, 2006, 02:14 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

i agree with fwuallah..
its not Dav's fault, its our mentality..
what would be the next coach's advice to ashraful and aftabs??
stay there, dont play too many early shots, ?? get consistent...??

maturity has to come from within... no matter how many shrimp sessions u hv, it aint gonna change the attitude if u dont self realise.

ashraful and aftabs have played enough games to understand thier own game better by now..should be matured enough to hold the batting order in right places and making runs ...well...at least to a much better consistency...

these players need concentration camp, not training session...

take them up in the Bandorbon, Khagrachori hills and let them loose on a survival-style training camp, let them live on rats and ants for few days...
but i dont think that wud still solve the problem...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 6, 2006, 01:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

we, bangladeshi cricket fans are an emotional breed. its true that the series loss has left us all very perplexed, disillusioned, frustrated and angry. but i think it is imperative to not use harsh terms like 'kick out' when talking about replacing our cricketers. everyone of these players, have worked their entire lives and competed against thousands of others to reach this stage. sure, we all have our personal likings and dislikings. but i don't appreciate when we refer to our own players with such disrespect for their failures. we know better than that right?
Old August 6, 2006, 03:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Pilot is a good wicketkeeper but bad batsman
Alok Kapali did not perform
Ashraful's performance was less than what we expected.

So this is what I would do: Give Mushfiq a chance in the last match with Kenya and Insert either Sakib or Farhad Reza. A wholesale replacement causes team morale, but we should know for fact we need a batsman-wk-keepers, not just a wki-keeper in the long run.
Masri is stili the best bowler, but needs a few sessions with team psychologists
Bashar's presence has a relationship with the consistency of our middle order, but he is now more balanced a batsman.
Rafiq also did not produce with the bat, but somehow compensated with his bowling.
Our tail did not click this time at all.

Just do not lose the series to Kenya - I pray
Old August 6, 2006, 07:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

bros, in my kickout names i got:
Javed Omar Belim ( from ODI ) and
Mohammad Ashraful ( from ODI )
Old August 6, 2006, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

My nomination goes to: (drum roll)

RUDRO

Reason: To open this thread and trying to kick out all the good players, coach, selectors and who not from my beloved team.
Old August 6, 2006, 09:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketboy
Golla (permenently from ODIs)
only odi. he should be banned from all form of cricket.
Old August 7, 2006, 05:09 AM
Cricket Legend

My list
1. Team Management
2. Golla, Kapali (never ever)
3. Asraful ( for a season at least)
4. Pilot (just from captaincy)
Old August 7, 2006, 05:14 AM

Golla and Kapali for ever!

No one else at this moment, though I am not happy with Dav for a long time.
Old August 7, 2006, 08:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

Quote:
Originally Posted by baisab

Al-Shahriar Rokon needs a call up
Al-Shahriar!!???!! For GODS sake...Even irresponsible Ash-Fool is somewhat better than him!
Old August 7, 2006, 08:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
My list
1. Team Management
2. Golla, Kapali (never ever)
3. Asraful ( for a season at least)
4. Pilot (just from captaincy)
Completely Agree!It should be done immidiately!
Old August 7, 2006, 09:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Golla and Ash should be kicked out of the team permanently.