facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 11, 2011, 06:29 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib
still believe? ^_-
yes..dunia ultay geleo ai forum er belief jabena....but we really really need a good domestic structure..i mean how even we dared to win the WC with this domestic crap!

Old April 11, 2011, 06:31 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
But the reality is, still we are quite a way behind the big 6 teams, we still need heaps more consistency from our batsman to become a real force in world cricket, and you meant this by "reality check".
with this mentality and this domestic cricket and "Vaat" fitness these Batswomen would never become world class
Old April 11, 2011, 09:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
One more game and we do need some break.
Seems like our boys are not mentally matured enough to deal with pressure situation.
World cup cooked them over and they are yet to recover from it.
Now the hangover is still lurking around.
if you cant handle the heat get out of kitchen.

the fact is we suck. amra choli patay patay tara choley shiray shiray. or is it the other way around. they got nothing to lose. for them cricket is more than life. for us it's a chore. they got balls, we are sissy. we are lacklustre shaky in our approach, they are strong determinant and showed INTENT. by they i mean the likes of sehwag, mcullum, watson. they set the bar that high, we are satisfied with mediocrity. they live to leave their names on world records, we play just to get by. teams are at completely different level. they are hardworking, ambitious, we are sissies and easily satisfied.

hope that's good for a comparative analysis.

btw i am not venting at you...just countering the fact our teams should stop pulling excuses after excuses... just suck it up, accept it that you (i mean the team) sucks, and WORK HARDER, strive, and meet your goals.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 11, 2011, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
if you cant handle the heat get out of kitchen.

the fact is we suck. amra choli patay patay tara choley shiray shiray. or is it the other way around. they got nothing to lose. for them cricket is more than life. for us it's a chore. they got balls, we are sissy. we are lacklustre shaky in our approach, they are strong determinant and showed INTENT. by they i mean the likes of sehwag, mcullum, watson. they set the bar that high, we are satisfied with mediocrity. they live to leave their names on world records, we play just to get by. teams are at completely different level. they are hardworking, ambitious, we are sissies and easily satisfied.

hope that's good for a comparative analysis.

btw i am not venting at you...just countering the fact our teams should stop pulling excuses after excuses... just suck it up, accept it that you (i mean the team) sucks, and WORK HARDER, strive, and meet your goals.
Exactly. UK giye Netherlands er kase baash khawar por break. World Cup e 6ta game khele break. Taile khelar e ba dorkar ki? Boshay boshay beton dilei hoy.
Old April 11, 2011, 10:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
im feeling the same.. They need a break from cricket..
If you really feel that, then we arent fit to play at this level. That's the reality.

Look at Aus, India, SA .... they are playing without any break for last 6 months and yet up for performing in ICL or Ausies against us.

I don;t know what's the actual problem. When the head coach has problem with focus and in chosing the right strategy, you can expect the team to behave like headless chickens.

If they look stressed, that doesnt mean they need a break, they just need a kick to rise up to play at this level. A slight motivation and toughness amongst the team management would make the team tougher.
Old April 11, 2011, 10:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Exactly. UK giye Netherlands er kase baash khawar por break. World Cup e 6ta game khele break. Taile khelar e ba dorkar ki? Boshay boshay beton dilei hoy.
Perfect
Old April 11, 2011, 11:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
I was merely referring the World cup situation.
Our team playes bilateral/tri series tournament on a regular basis.
But the weight of expectation during the World Cup was too much for them to bear and it shows.
Being the host nation and also our back to back series win prior to the world cup lofted our expectation to a new height and that cooked the players off.
They are still recovering from that.
Rabz, I understand that it was really difficult for the team to digest what happened at the WC and they need some time to realize what really went wrong. As supporters we are a bit of tired too after seeing so much disasters at our own backyard. But it's the professionalism that counts. These players are professional enough to take this. For example if we have a bad at the office then do we take a day off after that normally? No, we still go to the office and try to make thins right.

Player life is same, it's a job, more than a job to be honest. And there should be no excuse that we failed miserably.

Yes all of them should go back and have some rest and try to think from out of the box 'if' they can. But I don't think they ever think about their game at all. They don't learn much, they don't study much about the game of cricket .

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old April 12, 2011, 06:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

From what I have read, it seems that the national players will be playing in domestic cricket after this Aussie series, no international matches for a few months which is good for them. BTW, when is the next international series?
Old April 12, 2011, 06:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes we need a reality check, but why does Bangladesh attract so much vitriol from fans of other countries? Do we play with bad sportsmanship? Are our players prone to cheat or throw matches?

Every Cricinfo article on Bangladesh attracts a whole boatload of fans, mostly from a couple of countries who are hellbent on claiming we are the worst country to play cricket.

Barring Tamim Iqbal occassionally, and Shakib (though tagging him as the best allrounder in the world is a BIG joke), they don't have a single player good enough to play street cricket. And I have real doubts on the brains of ICC...they retain teams like Bangladesh and Zimbabwe ever as permanent members, but the likes of Ireland and Netherlands bite the dust. To be honest, teams like BAN should not be allowed to play anything other than t20, that too against sides like Afghanistan, where the chances of occassional upsets are more. Watching Bangladesh play is a pain, and all they do is provide a platform where opponents can make records. Period.
Old April 12, 2011, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
with this mentality and this domestic cricket and "Vaat" fitness these Batswomen would never become world class
We still need lots of improvement in every department to compete against big teams regularly.
The main problem I think is, we don't have a sporting culture at all. Barring cricket, no other sport even guarantees the top 50 players with a stable income. We can only hope more money is spent in sports to develop a culture, as more and more people will take sports seriously, the issue with fitness will slowly disappear.

And about the quality of domestic, I think it will take time. Heaps more time. Say right now the first class comp is going on with say top 30 players of the nation. Still teams are batting out 100+ overs with ease. I know the bowling isn't threatening, but the patience of our batters are increasing. There is no alternates of having more games to improve the quality of domestic. Maybe start a second first class comp, or have two seasons[each season is 3 month long anyways] of first class cricket.

Yes, I am still very optimistic. But if you are not, you shouldn't be in this forum :p go to icf/man U forums :P
Old April 12, 2011, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Yes we need a reality check, but why does Bangladesh attract so much vitriol from fans of other countries? Do we play with bad sportsmanship? Are our players prone to cheat or throw matches?

Every Cricinfo article on Bangladesh attracts a whole boatload of fans, mostly from a couple of countries who are hellbent on claiming we are the worst country to play cricket.

Barring Tamim Iqbal occassionally, and Shakib (though tagging him as the best allrounder in the world is a BIG joke), they don't have a single player good enough to play street cricket. And I have real doubts on the brains of ICC...they retain teams like Bangladesh and Zimbabwe ever as permanent members, but the likes of Ireland and Netherlands bite the dust. To be honest, teams like BAN should not be allowed to play anything other than t20, that too against sides like Afghanistan, where the chances of occassional upsets are more. Watching Bangladesh play is a pain, and all they do is provide a platform where opponents can make records. Period.
Just go on ANY youtube video of a Pakistani bowling/Indian batting or even a Pakistani music video and you will thousands of such comments. Don't give too much attention to them, these people are just unhappy with their lives and want to belittle others to make themselves look/feel better. Also known as internet trolls.
Old April 12, 2011, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i still believe...one day...morar age ekbar bd world champion hobe dekhe jaite chai
Old April 12, 2011, 11:18 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
We still need lots of improvement in every department to compete against big teams regularly.
The main problem I think is, we don't have a sporting culture at all. Barring cricket, no other sport even guarantees the top 50 players with a stable income. We can only hope more money is spent in sports to develop a culture, as more and more people will take sports seriously, the issue with fitness will slowly disappear.

And about the quality of domestic, I think it will take time. Heaps more time. Say right now the first class comp is going on with say top 30 players of the nation. Still teams are batting out 100+ overs with ease. I know the bowling isn't threatening, but the patience of our batters are increasing. There is no alternates of having more games to improve the quality of domestic. Maybe start a second first class comp, or have two seasons[each season is 3 month long anyways] of first class cricket.

Yes, I am still very optimistic. But if you are not, you shouldn't be in this forum :p go to icf/man U forums :P
haha...i am not that optimistic i agree!...But regardless or not BD cricket structure and its players fitness level needs change..its a shame calling this bunch professional athletes..Just being optimistic and believing and doing nothing wont do any good
Old April 12, 2011, 12:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
i still believe...one day...morar age ekbar bd world champion hobe dekhe jaite chai
tbh,I don't mind if i never get to see us lifting the trophy,I would just love to see us among the top 5 odi teams .
Old April 12, 2011, 12:55 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!

But i would be happy to see if you can go to top 4 in both Test and ODI before i die ...kintu...hower songkha kom....2012 beshi dure nai...

Joy Bangla!!!
Old April 12, 2011, 11:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Bangladesh? World Champion? Hobe na. . I don't believe.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 12, 2011, 11:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Boycott has the same wish for England.
Old April 12, 2011, 11:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!

But i would be happy to see if you can go to top 4 in both Test and ODI before i die ...kintu...hower songkha kom....2012 beshi dure nai...

Joy Bangla!!!
2012 e jodi prithibi destroy hoye jay, then all my property is yours. Howzaat?

Old April 12, 2011, 11:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Boycott has the same wish for England.
England atleast won a t20 and football world cup....

Last edited by Isnaad; April 12, 2011 at 11:42 PM..
Old April 12, 2011, 11:38 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
England atleast won a t20 and football world cup....*sigh*

u know if u just write : : instead of * * then it shows a smiley!
Old April 12, 2011, 11:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
u know if u just write : : instead of * * then it shows a smiley!
Disadvantage of using a cellphone as it doesnt give u the pile of smileys. :/

Old April 12, 2011, 11:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Ok now thats better. Thnx bro.

Old April 13, 2011, 12:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Reality check.. What is you expectation from #9 with #1 ?
Old April 13, 2011, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pial
Reality check.. What is you expectation from #9 with #1 ?
A fight. Troubling the superior with moments of pride and glory. Earning the praises of the Aussies. Are these too much to ask for? Jaatir bibeg er kachhe amar proshno.

Old April 13, 2011, 01:20 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
A fight. Troubling the superior with moments of pride and glory. Earning the praises of the Aussies. Are these too much to ask for? Jaatir bibeg er kachhe amar proshno.

Why uplifting pride and glory is the sole responsibility of the Cricket team only? Why don't we ask for it for other parts of the society to earn some respect from the superior nations? Because they can't and our cricketers has done it several times in past. Therefore we try to find consolation win from the cricketers while losing in almost all other aspects of life.