facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 4, 2017, 11:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

http://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/cr...-sponsor-robi/

Looks like its 60 crore after all. A 50% increase!

#OneTeam1Dream

Old May 4, 2017, 03:35 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
http://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/cr...-sponsor-robi/

Looks like its 60 crore after all. A 50% increase!
Not bad at all! Good job BCB
Old May 4, 2017, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Bangladesh is yet to utilize its full potential as a cricket crazy country, its only a matter of time before BCB surpasses the likes of CA and ECB in terms of revenue and sponsorship deals.
Old May 4, 2017, 07:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Thanks Al-Furqaan bro (you need to change your dp, Bijoy went from the chosen one to the forgotten one :P). Correct me if I am wrong, the person who released this statement hasn't released an official amount yet. The said amount is more than 50% of the last deal, which by itself is a huge improvement. But according to different sources (prothomalo), the deal amount is not yet revealed (although Prothomalo rumored it to 61crores). But it has reached or exceeded the base/floor price of 60 crores, which is freaking awesome.

With money comes responsibility, BCB really needs to invest into cricket more now. They are going to be getting in the next set of deals, and I can't imagine how it will be when we start winning world cups. The money coming in is already increasing exponentially, and that may make a lot of BCB officials greedy too. Bottom line, we have to invest it into the grassroots because all of the sponsorships is connected to the performance.

That being said, a figure of 3.7 million USD, puts us above England in terms of revenue earned from title sponsorship. Also, the fact that needs to pointed out here that I think BCB is making a very smart move here, and it has learnt from the TV deal it made in 2014 for 6 years. See boards like Sri Lanka, New Zealand even West Indies have deals that range from 3-5 years, BCB is shortening it to 2 years, what that is doing is increasing our sponsorship deal amount exponentially. It has worked till now because the performance graph is upwards, so yeah it is a risk but it can't go much back anyways. With the performance graph looking like as it is, and the national interest in cricket at ever high and forever increasing and the economy doing well (6% growth in gdp overall in Bangladesh), it just looks like the next set of deals BCB is about to make is going to cross whatever we put estimates on. And as I mentioned in my previous posts, if BCB is smart they will use this as the benchmark. So if the next TV rights are set for renewal, they can easily say pay us a 50% increase, or the home series sponsorship rights, etc.
Old May 4, 2017, 09:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Bangladesh is yet to utilize its full potential as a cricket crazy country, its only a matter of time before BCB surpasses the likes of CA and ECB in terms of revenue and sponsorship deals.
Nah, we are 50 years from surpassing CA or ECB. We are 10x more likely to win a world cup before that happens.

But we should aim to be the 4th or 5th biggest cricket economy after the Big 3. We can get to where Pakistan is. The rest of the countries are too small to even bother celebrating if we surpass them.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 5, 2017, 03:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Nah, we are 50 years from surpassing CA or ECB. We are 10x more likely to win a world cup before that happens.

But we should aim to be the 4th or 5th biggest cricket economy after the Big 3. We can get to where Pakistan is. The rest of the countries are too small to even bother celebrating if we surpass them.
I am not a numbers and spreadsheet guy, but isn't BD already the 4th richest board by revenue? With a 200 million strong fan base and a growing economy I don't see BD cricket is going anywhere but up.
Old May 5, 2017, 03:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
I am not a numbers and spreadsheet guy, but isn't BD already the 4th richest board by revenue? With a 200 million strong fan base and a growing economy I don't see BD cricket is going anywhere but up.
That 200 Million is a misleading number. The purchase power is what it matters. 100 Million may not even know what cricket is (Women).
Old May 5, 2017, 04:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
170 not 200...and as Mijan said purchasing power is the relevant factor. Still, we SHOULD eventually be 5th or so.

Remember Pakistan has 200 million people and their purchasing power is probably 125% of what ours is. More people and slightly more money. Only thing we probably beat them and everyone else in is passion. So eventually we should be more or less their equal.

But based on what the likes of MalikBro and Austin post, BCB are still beggers and Pakistan/India/England/Australia don't want to host us.

So how can we be 4th?

We are definitely ahead of Ireland, Afghanista, Zimbabwe, WI, NZ, SL, and SA. So we are 5th probably near, but behind PAK.

The current ICC plan has BCB earning the same share as CA so that is probably another indicator that our brand value is rising.

I don't know the exact amount, and its probably impossible to say definitely (which is why its rather meaningless for any board to claim it "brings in" xyz % of revenue).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 28, 2017, 12:03 PM

Default IPL Title sponsorship

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...y/1106833.html

Quote:
Chinese mobile handset manufacturer Vivo has retained the Indian Premier League title sponsorship rights for the next five seasons (2018-2022) with a winning bid of INR 2199 crores (approximately US $341 million), a jump of 454% over the five-year contract signed in 2012.
Vivo first bagged the title sponsorship in October 2015 for two editions from PepsiCo India, who had ended its five-year contract, worth INR 396 crore, two years ahead of schedule. Vivo's previous arrangement, according to BCCI CEO Rahul Johri, saw them pay "a shade less" than INR 100 crore per year.
Well IPL would devour international cricket at this rate, fairly soon.
Old June 28, 2017, 12:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

^ Yes, it has crossed NFL which is a 9 month league. It has crossed football as well. VIVO is the new title sponsor for FIFA as well.
Old June 28, 2017, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Good research bro
I almost thought it was a spam thread with the $$$ sign and sponsorship deal lol
...so you mean to tell me I did not win an iPhone???
Old June 28, 2017, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Man we're insanely lucky the head of Sharpooji is an Irish citizen lol.

Wasn't aware of them being shirt sponsors though, it was KPC but they ended their agreement and a replacement has not yet been announced.
I was wondering why an indian company would sponsor Irish cricket. Now it makes sense. Plus your Prime Minister is half Indian. Looks like the Irish-indians are doing better than their counterparts in UK/US/Europe.
Old June 28, 2017, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
There is one update to this though, India recently won a deal with Oppo which is about 32 Million USD per year. So obviously they are at the top. But by going by the rich, if BCB gets 3.3 Million USD Per year, they are going to sit at the number 4th position in terms of the richest cricket board after India, Australia, England. Above Sri Lanka, South Africa and Pakistan. Exciting times ahead for Bangladesh cricket. I have a feeling in 10 years, we will be in the second spot on the list of the richest cricket boards in the world. If BCB wins the 60 crore contract it take Bangladesh Cricket to the 3rd place tied with England.
How do you go from 3.2 M per year to 32 M per year? Are you sure thats right? Seems insane even by Indian standards. No point in comparing shirt sponsorships between countries, because maybe with the exception of Zim, every countries sponsorship deal will go up. Better question is what is BCB doing with all this money? No A tours, weak domestic structure, not developing facilities in other parts of the country, players are the least paid. So where does the money go?
Old June 28, 2017, 12:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Wonder why big franchises like KFC, Burger King, Walmart not interested in pushing money into cricket.

A lot of cricketers does frequent their establishment.

Why can't do they do more?
Old June 28, 2017, 12:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Wonder why big franchises like KFC, Burger King, Walmart not interested in pushing money into cricket.

A lot of cricketers does frequent their establishment.

Why can't do they do more?
Cricket is still a tiny sport compared to soccer, football, baseball, basketball. Those fortune 500 companies are better off sponsoring a premier league team, or getting a 30 second ad during super bowl or world series than sponsoring a cricket team. Also, apparently NBA will eventually have shirt sponsors as well, and companies like McD and KFC will definitely get in on that.
Old June 28, 2017, 06:24 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Cricket is still a tiny sport compared to soccer, football, baseball, basketball. Those fortune 500 companies are better off sponsoring a premier league team, or getting a 30 second ad during super bowl or world series than sponsoring a cricket team. Also, apparently NBA will eventually have shirt sponsors as well, and companies like McD and KFC will definitely get in on that.
Leagues & world series does have their fair share of viewers but the team sponsors is, i think termed for a long period which might give them more publicity to their brand than of one or two tournaments.
Old June 28, 2017, 06:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
I think in Oceania (Down Under), KFC sponsored the Big Bash, and Ford logo is on the Kiwis' uniform.

So there are signs of these giant companies clawing their way into cricket...only thing is to have them in a sustaining way.
Old June 28, 2017, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakman
Leagues & world series does have their fair share of viewers but the team sponsors is, i think termed for a long period which might give them more publicity to their brand than of one or two tournaments.
Can't base it on viewership alone. Americans still (for now) has the largest purchasing power. And in basketball, you also get a lot of chinese eyeballs so thats 2 largest. Even a 30 second ad would go a long way than long term sponsorship of a sport played by 9 countries.
Old June 28, 2017, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I think in Oceania (Down Under), KFC sponsored the Big Bash, and Ford logo is on the Kiwis' uniform.

So there are signs of these giant companies clawing their way into cricket...only thing is to have them in a sustaining way.
You are right, so i did a quick lookup. There are only 300 KFC stores in India (for 1.3 billion ppl), and over 650 stores in Australia (for 20 mil pple). I think that's a pretty good indicator as to why you won't see KFC /McDonalds sponsor India anytime soon. KFC has made the investment in the Australian market, so its only natural to market themselves in that market. Like Pepsi did with IPL and Pakistan team. Plus Big Bash draws in more views than bilaterals could. And Ford no longer sponsors Kiwis, its now some indian company called Amul.

Still, eventually these giant companies will notice and putting up the cash, but most likely for T20 leagues, like Vivo with India. which will eventually be the future of the game.
Old June 29, 2017, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Bcb needs to use this money's for good...
hire a good pace bowling coach along with spin coach
Sent A team often outside of the house
Make domestic structure stronger
Ground and facilities have to be no.1 at all 8 stadiums
U19, u17 teams need to be taking care of more than now
Make a source team for finding more talent around the village to cities
Not stealing penny for their own good
Old June 29, 2017, 09:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:

Giant companies have always sponsored cricket. what you are referring to (walmart/kfc/burger king) are quintessentially American companies. So obviously the involvement of these companies will be less than other global companies. Plus cricketers frequenting their places will mean sponsorship is not that straightforward. doesn't work like that.

also these American companies have very little footprint in subcontinent (which is more than half of the cricket market). That's why we see more of Pepsi/Emirates in Cricket and less of Walmart/Burger King
Old July 2, 2017, 01:31 AM
Street Cricketer

We are a rich board now.