facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 18, 2012, 02:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
He was in my school and then went to NSU after HSC. Didn't even know he went to USA. If he can be brainwashed then everyone can be a terrorist. Not sure how a person like him can change so much in just 5 years.
If you are friends with him in FB and planning to go overseas for further degrees, it might be a good time to un-friend him for your benefit.
You never know who's digging deep.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Old October 18, 2012, 02:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
If you are friends with him in FB and planning to go overseas for further degrees, it might be a good time to un-friend him for your benefit.
You never know who's digging deep.
FB account has been deactivated. Couldn't find this morning.
Old October 18, 2012, 02:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

I blame hizbut tahrir - I know I come across like a broken record here...but the reach these people have is unbelievable.

As I said before, my own cousin is a victim of their particular brand of brainwashing and we are struggling to pull him back from the edge.

This is a kid who aced his SSC/HSC exams and is now a chemistry student at DU.

Never mixed with any crowd let alone the 'wrong' crowd, and that was the hook. They go for the quiet, unassuming, slightly detached kids. Give them a sense of belonging and the rest is history.

There are teachers with ties to these groups in private and public universities...and the dangers are increasing.

Obviously we aren't some mental nation where people are going to start a jihad tomorrow...but we need to act now.
Old October 18, 2012, 02:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
I blame hizbut tahrir - I know I come across like a broken record here...but the reach these people have is unbelievable.

As I said before, my own cousin is a victim of their particular brand of brainwashing and we are struggling to pull him back from the edge.

This is a kid who aced his SSC/HSC exams and is now a chemistry student at DU.

Never mixed with any crowd let alone the 'wrong' crowd, and that was the hook. They go for the quiet, unassuming, slightly detached kids. Give them a sense of belonging and the rest is history.

There are teachers with ties to these groups in private and public universities...and the dangers are increasing.

Obviously we aren't some mental nation where people are going to start a jihad tomorrow...but we need to act now.
May be it's Hizbut. Heard they have strong activity in NSU. This Nafis boy has all the characteristics you've mentioned.
Old October 18, 2012, 03:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

This is just great. Its all over the bloody news. I also hated it when the news reporter was emphasising the word 'Bangladesh' and BANGLADESHI. Why did this have to happen. One person who was stupid enough to have intentions of blowing up a bank is now sent himself to jail and also tarnished the image for Bangladeshis all around the globe.

I hope the FBI track down the guys history, his everything, to understand how he had these intentions. We need to find out how young men get these intentions and also shut them down. Terrorism needs to stop.
Old October 18, 2012, 04:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

this is terrible news for BD
What a loser idiot
U ruined it for your country.
Old October 18, 2012, 04:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The guy must have watched fight club one to many times.

Maybe he can blame it on an imaginary hallucinatory friend that told him to do it.
Old October 18, 2012, 04:30 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Waiting for the conspiracy theorists to blame it on CIA, Mossad, RAW etc.
Old October 18, 2012, 04:45 AM

The name NSU comes up every now and then for Hizbut Tahrir, govt should take stern action, putting some security officials in campus against Hizbut activity. Arrest those teachers who are allegedly support or has connection with Hizbut Tahrir. Time to take action, protect NSU students.
Old October 18, 2012, 05:03 AM
Forever Bangy

Not only has he tarnished our rep in terms of every ignorant Westener now thinking we're Islamic extremists, he's a dumba$$ to boot. Posting on Facebook to find fellow extremists? Great, now everyone will know us as terrorists AND retards.
Old October 18, 2012, 06:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

This news is surprising considering Nafeez's educational background and age, but I'm not shocked finding him as a Bangladeshi at all. There are a lot like this 'Nafeez' arrond in BD, who wont mind doing any agression against USA. Little brainwash pushing with jihaadi theories, they got easily motivated to kill any non-muslims anywhere. Secularists (especially Bangladeshi immigrants over wetern nations) are trying to hide them for long, not to paint us as terrorist nation, but the fact dont change that we aint much indifferent than Pakistan or similar extremists.

I remember when US invade Afganistan, a lot of Jihaadis from all arround the world outburst against US. Lot of them even actively joined Taliban to fight by their side against infidels & zionists. Ironically/Blessfully BD govt was allways keen in hiding these criminals and the fact finding number of how many Bangladeshies went there fight that war in the name of religion kept in hidden.

Last edited by cricheart; October 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM..
Old October 18, 2012, 06:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
This news is surprising considering Jahid's educational background and age, but I'm not shocked finding him as a Bangladeshi at all. There are a lot like this Jahid arrond in BD, who wont mind doing any agression against USA. Little brainwash pushing with jihaadi theories, they got easily motivated to kill any non-muslims anywhere. Secularists (especially Bangladeshi immigrants over wetern nations) are trying to hide them for long, not to paint us as terrorist nation, but the fact dont change that we aint much indifferent than Pakistan or similar extremists.

I remember when US invade Afganistan, a lot of Jihaadis from all arround the world outburst against US. Lot of them even actively joined Taliban to fight by their side against infidels & zionists. Ironically/Blessfully BD govt was allways keen in hiding these criminals and the fact finding number of how many Bangladeshies went there fight that war in the name of religion kept in hidden.
His education and age are not surprising at all. The 'uneducated idiot' jihadi stereotype went away a long time ago. Look at the qualifications of some of the 9/11 bombers.
Old October 18, 2012, 07:02 AM
Banned

Default New York Fed 'Bomber' Is Bank Manager's Son

The family of a man who allegedly plotted to blow up a weapon of mass destruction in the US said they were stunned by his arrest.

A man arrested trying to blow up the US Federal Reserve building in New York is the son of a bank manager, reports say.

Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis, of Bangladesh, has been charged with trying to detonate a fake device in a vehicle parked outside the Manhattan building, home to "the world's largest accumulation of gold".

In an elaborate FBI sting, agents grabbed Nafis when he made several attempts to detonate the 1,000lb device by mobile phone.

Nafis had travelled to the US with "the purpose of conducting a terrorist attack" and actively tried to make al Qaeda contacts after his arrival, authorities said.

But the family of the 21-year-old suspect insist he had never displayed any radical tendencies and said he was a devout Muslim whose arrest had come as a shock.

His father, Quazi Mohammad Ahsanullah, said: "We're stunned. Nafis is not a radical type. He says prayers five times a day, and reads the holy Koran and Hadith every day.

"I have never seen him reading any books on jihad. We don't believe that he can have committed this... He is our pride and joy."

Nafis' extended family lives in North Jatrabari, an upper middle-class neighbourhood of southeastern Dhaka. His father is a senior vice president of National Bank and his sister is a doctor.

The bank is one of the most fortified buildings in the city
Speaking from the family home, Nafis' brother-in-law Arik said they had spoken to him only hours before his arrest and even discussed a possible bride for him.

"We heard the news this morning. Everyone is crying here," Arik told AFP. "Nafis never showed any form of radicalisation when he was in Bangladesh."

Officials at North South University in Bangladesh said Nafis had struggled during his eight terms as an electrical engineering and telecommunications student and had been effectively forced to leave after disappointing exam results.

His family said he then moved to the US where he initially took up a place at Missouri Southern State University, left after a term due to cost and took a job at a New York hotel.

Authorities insisted the alleged terror plot never posed an actual risk - but that it demonstrated the value of using sting operations to neutralise young extremists eager to harm Americans.

Before trying to carry out the plot, Nafis went to a warehouse to help assemble a 453kg (1,000lb) bomb using inert material, according to the FBI.

Court documents claim he asked an undercover agent to videotape him saying: "We will not stop until we attain victory or martyrdom."

An official complaint said Nafis contacted a confidential FBI informant in July telling him he wanted to form a terror cell.

In further conversations, authorities said Nafis proposed several spots for his attack, including the New York Stock Exchange, and that in a written letter taking responsibility for the Federal Reserve job he was about to carry out, he said he wanted to "destroy America".

http://news.sky.com/story/999312/new...k-managers-son

I am just dreading to go to work tomorrow. Its all over the news.
Old October 18, 2012, 07:11 AM
Banned

Photo of that moron-
Old October 18, 2012, 07:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

What was wrong with this guy? Was he insane? or did he want to be 'famous' for the wrong reason? Guantanomo bay - here he goes!!!!

Feel sorry for his parents and ofcourse all Bangladesh students/non strudents in US.
Old October 18, 2012, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

He is not insane, he is dumb and stupid and deserves harshest of punishment for conspiring to kill innocent people and destroy a countrys economy......
I hope he is shown no mercy....
Old October 18, 2012, 08:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
The family of a man who allegedly plotted to blow up a weapon of mass destruction in the US said they were stunned by his arrest.

Officials at North South University in Bangladesh said Nafis had struggled during his eight terms as an electrical engineering and telecommunications student and had been effectively forced to leave after disappointing exam results.
I really dont understand bengali parents... Just because they have the money does not mean they should send their son abroad when their child is clearly not Bright....

I feel sorry for the family that their son turned out to be a radical... But I hate the fact that this family and many others just throw away their hard earned money on their stupid kids...
Old October 18, 2012, 08:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Desher o dosher Mukh Uzzal korlo, chele.

Ei sector er Shob credit pakistanira nie jchchilo.....
Old October 18, 2012, 08:41 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Damn it!

Hate it so much when someone like this bring the country's name into limelight in a bad way.

21 years is old enough to understand good from bad and if he was really up to it, should rot in hell.
Old October 18, 2012, 08:43 AM
Banned

I wonder is NSU is bullshitting or not...so he showed a transcript full of fails and got a student visa to the US with no probs? I get he went to a small school...but still
Old October 18, 2012, 08:54 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

All over the news here. Federal Reserve Bank is only 10 mins away from where I work. Everyone is kinda under alert. Very bad for Bangladeshi and overall Muslim community in general here. As I said before, Bangladeshis always had good reputation in New York as hard working easy going people. Starting from taxi drivers, food vendors, city employees, accountants, doctors and businessman, Bangladesh have developed a good image over the decades. This one act is a huge blow to that image. BD Govt and Media should go very deep and find out all his associations and connections. This can't happen again.
Old October 18, 2012, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

He got influenced by Anwar Awlaki; an American Arab Shaikh who turned against the US; he was a very good speaker but very hardline and ended moving to Yemen where he was killed
Old October 18, 2012, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Wait a minute...

Is this the FBI's standard operating procedure? Find a seemingly loner-type Muslim kid and lure him into buying into fundamentalist Islamic ideologies, provide him with all the assistance necessary to plot an attack and then arrest him when he obliges? What in the proper fu*k? I hope I'm not the only one who sees something wrong with this picture...
Old October 18, 2012, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Wait a minute...

Is this the FBI's standard operating procedure? Find a seemingly loner-type Muslim kid and lure him into buying into fundamentalist Islamic ideologies, provide him with all the assistance necessary to plot an attack and then arrest him when he obliges? What in the proper fu*k? I hope I'm not the only one who sees something wrong with this picture...
There is an element of entrapment here...but the key factor was this kid seeking out the contact, they then simply gave him enough rope to hang himself.
Old October 18, 2012, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
There is an element of entrapment here...but the key factor was this kid seeking out the contact, they then simply gave him enough rope to hang himself.
It's bullcrap. Why couldn't FBI keep him under close watch to see if he ever did establish a legit plot? This is like leaving a bag full of money out in the streets to see who is going to try to steal it - and then arrest them. Is the kid an idiot? Sure... But his idiocy was turned to a plot by the Feds.