facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 29, 2011, 11:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Only 70 BD players will get a BPL team and out of which only 36 can play!
And this players will become instant crore poti! So imagine the competition
Among players to get a team. Teams will have good coaching staff
And the payers will get a chance to play some nerve wracking intense close matches.
I think this will surely make our players better. And the profit can be used improving first class cricket.

I see a huge cricket craze going to develop among youngsters to become cricketers
This can only help our cricket.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Good post. Hope this will happen for our cricket.

That is why even injured Mashrafe is now ready to play for his money, not for his country. Makes sense because this is true professionalism and this is a very professional league where so much money flies.

Old December 30, 2011, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
We are already overwhelmed with the conundrums of BPL and its grandiosity. Twenty five foreign players are ready to be auctioned on the soil of BD, a Dubaiwala is ready to buy a BPL team, etc. etc. and every day, more and more are coming to Banglacricket. Anytime, we see something interesting and important on the magic boxes, on the mesmerising palm boxes and on the print media, we run, don’t tumble, to Banglacricket to post it with our endless love for BC and for the innocent joy of sharing with our good friends. This is good news for us indeed; for all the BD cricket lovers and BD lovers around the globe. But my worries are about the health of our old mamma – I mean the economic impulse of her.

Some may say FagunerAgun has gone crazy, some may say give him a freezy to calm down, some cautious people may say this is a winter time, others may say freezies have no time.

Well, I say then, let me finish this write up with my ‘decreasing capacity’, as I have so many problems with their uniquely marginalized and mighty soliloquy because of my old themed poor English. But my endless genuine love for my old mamma and her cricket makes me keep on writing here, may be until my happy death given that I will still be alive and well here.

Now, let me go back to the topic and explain why I am worried. I am worried because in the sub-continent, when so much money flies and so much charisma blinds people in a cricket league, then comes up inevitable greed and corruption that we ably observed in noisy IPL and ICL.

So my worries are:

1. BCB may unwillingly tangle up in a money losing contract like the one with Nimbus.
2. Corruptions and greed may fork through the whole league.
3. The foreign currencies in return of the of poor people’s body bags, may fly out of the country again.
4. Some big and foxy corrupts are waiting to practice the same that they did in The Dhaka Stock Exchange.
5. Poor and inefficient sports and entertainment management may bring more humiliation.
6. The regional teams may not have proper management and marketing tools to increase their sustainable revenue growth.

I hope and pray that BPL will be a success, these will not happen in a catastrophic level. But a kid tumbles and hurts before it walks firmly. If it is true in this case, then our old mamma will be thrown out on the same old, dirty rugs and the foxes will run away with the money while the poor people are still languishing for having good meals for their kids.

Old December 30, 2011, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Only 70 BD players will get a BPL team and out of which only 36 can play!
And this players will become instant crore poti! So imagine the competition
Among players to get a team. Teams will have good coaching staff
And the payers will get a chance to play some nerve wracking intense close matches.
I think this will surely make our players better. And the profit can be used improving first class cricket.

I see a huge cricket craze going to develop among youngsters to become cricketers
This can only help our cricket.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
hmm that's another way to look at it ... I agree with you too..
Old December 30, 2011, 01:53 PM
Banned

'The bidding date for the six franchises of the upcoming Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20 competition has been deferred by five days as several companies are asking for time to understand its prospect, said the BCB officials on Friday.

The tender, which was scheduled to be held on January 5, will now be received January 10. The franchise-based T20 competition will begin on February 9.'

Still hope and pray everything will go smoothly with BCB and others.
Old December 30, 2011, 03:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I am not going to follow BPL in protest of stopping the 4 day game where our priority should have been. We will get beaten by Zimbo's again. Please i ask every one to do this too. black out BPL.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 30, 2011, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I am not going to follow BPL in protest of stopping the 4 day game where our priority should have been. We will get beaten by Zimbo's again. Please i ask every one to do this too. black out BPL.
Agree. We are a test playing nation. So a league of longer version like Ranjie Trophy shoud have bee priortized over T20.

After this T20 BPL, I doubt our crore poti players will intend to stay on the pitch even for two hours in a Test match for their nation.

BCB is suffering from a 'peer pressure'.
Old December 31, 2011, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

ami team kinte chai!
Old December 31, 2011, 07:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
ami team kinte chai!
Apu, Ora bakite bechbe na ....
Old January 1, 2012, 12:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
ami team kinte chai!
ami tomar team e khelte chai ! opening batsman plus medium pacer ! good fielder too
Old January 1, 2012, 01:04 AM
Street Cricketer

We shouldnt let sakib khan buy teams ........ :P
Old January 1, 2012, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
ami tomar team e khelte chai ! opening batsman plus medium pacer ! good fielder too
daily fielding marle bhalo fielder toh hoben! :P
Old January 3, 2012, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
daily fielding marle bhalo fielder toh hoben! :P
Lol...
Old January 3, 2012, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
ami team kinte chai!
This is a good idea apu..but now, you need to focus on your brilliant academic career. Wish you the best...by the way, I am not a good fielder.
Old January 3, 2012, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Afridi is up for Auction! Seems like the BPL is on fire!!

Boom Boom for sale in BPL
Sports Reporter, Daily Star
Shahid Afridi and Abdul Razzak, Twenty20 cricket's marquee names, have signed up with Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20 tournament.

The Pakistani duo who are currently playing in Australia's Big Bash League for Melbourne Renegades, will be up for sale in the players' auction when it takes place on January 19 and 20.

Fellow Pakistani Taufeeq Umar and Australian opener Aaron Finch have also put pen to paper.

The BPL governing council has informed that 111 foreign cricketers have so far signed up with the tournament and the figure is set to rise till the auction's date.

The 111 include big names such as Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Bravo, Shoaib Malik, Ajantha Mendis, Shaun Tait, Stuart McGill, James Anderson and Paul Collingwood among others. A hundred odd local players will also be up for auction.
Old January 3, 2012, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

^^^ looks like he is on the auction for biyer patro!
Old January 3, 2012, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^ I thought that would get you!!
Old January 3, 2012, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
hahahaha...pochhondo hoise naki. If so we can open a thread for BCB.

Seems to me he lost weight. Last time, when he visited India to play a series, some girls called him an 'elephant' because he gained so muchh weight and looked so big.
Old January 3, 2012, 05:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

James Anderson, collingwood, gayle? Damn. If BPL is half as good as they claim, it'll attract a significant number of viewers abroad. Branding is the key here.
Old January 3, 2012, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

^^ Narey Fagun Bhai, ami ekta purano chobi Dhukaisi - ektu money Agun laganor jonno.
Old January 3, 2012, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
^^ Narey Fagun Bhai, ami ekta purano chobi Dhukaisi - ektu money Agun laganor jonno.
...yes, zsayeed bhai..it is a nice picture. Amare shoho agun lagaia disen.

ei shokale ghapti maira leper nichh thika post kortasen naki. Few minutes later, I saw your nick in this thread right now, then disappeared again. Seems to me you are in the West.
Old January 3, 2012, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

The best thing I can see from this BPL is it will unearth some of the talents Bangladesh has promised and hidden. The diamonds in the rough will be on show, and they will have to be nurtured to make the core of the next generation.
Old January 4, 2012, 01:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
The best thing I can see from this BPL is it will unearth some of the talents Bangladesh has promised and hidden. The diamonds in the rough will be on show, and they will have to be nurtured to make the core of the next generation.
This is our general expectation and one of the purposes of BPL. But I am skeptic a bit about the high probability for the new comers under the current set of BCB.
Old January 10, 2012, 04:18 AM
Banned

Poor health!! Now our CEO died. RIP.
Hope BCB will go ahead with BPL in this difficult situation.
Old January 18, 2012, 06:26 PM
Banned

Well, while I was writing this thread, I was thinking about the financial and economic health of BD with any potential negative impact on the common people.

But I missed a vital part - the cultural impact. With a due respect to the great Indian artists (and I must have respect because of my wife and her indian channels), I sadly say the inclusion of Bappi Lahiri and Arjun Ganguly in the BPL entertainment and management has shut the door for our rising and talented popular artists. The same thing happened in the last World Cup Chamionship.

I am away from my old mamma for a long time except the digital link and telephono, but still I hope BD has all the potentials to arrange this part of the entertainment with her loyal and talented artists. Our artists should have been given a chance, if not fully, then partially. But it did not happen. So BPL has become, some how, a Bangladesh Political League.

This is just my opinion and personal reaction to my 'ailing' mamma - now culturally; and what else to come! I don't have any political affiliation.
Old January 18, 2012, 06:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
Well, while I was writing this thread, I was thinking about the financial and economic health of BD with any potential negative impact on the common people.

But I missed a vital part - the cultural impact. With a due respect to the great Indian artists (and I must have respect because of my wife and her indian channels), I sadly say the inclusion of Bappi Lahiri and Arjun Ganguly in the BPL entertainment and management has shut the door for our rising and talented popular artists. The same thing happened in the last World Cup Chamionship.

I am away from my old mamma for a long time except the digital link and telephono, but still I hope BD has all the potentials to arrange this part of the entertainment with her loyal and talented artists. Our artists should have been given a chance, if not fully, then partially. But it did not happen. So BPL has become, some how, a Bangladesh Political League.

This is just my opinion and personal reaction to my 'ailing' mamma. I don't have any political affiliation.
100% agreed
atleast during the WC some of our artists did participate which was good,but this time,knowing that it's Bangladesh Premier League it's more awefull that instead of our local talents an Indian artists will lead the show.
How pathetic is that? screw me !