facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2011, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musholini
Sohel bhai, I respect your thoughts generally, but why do you think the selectors are showing nepotism? Which player is related to whom in the management? IMO, constant chopping and changing is not the way to go. Hopefully after the world cup, we will retain the core group, and add 3 - 4 players from the academy and A team.
also leaving the the team same and not doing anything after numerous batting failures is not the way to go

Old March 13, 2011, 11:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
This "very average player"s record is better than perhaps even Tamim, he is one of our most experienced batsmen, he's only 25, has lots to offer, I agree with you we should have new players, but they should be properly developed before going into the national team and we need a gd mix of experience and young blood which Shahriar Nafees brings

na re bhai.. nafis khali choto der sathei bhalo khelte pare. motamoti useless batsman. But since rakibul is out of touch, and we dont want ash the unlucky dude on our XI, its nice to see him back for a while.
Old March 13, 2011, 11:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musholini
Sohel bhai, I respect your thoughts generally, but why do you think the selectors are showing nepotism? Which player is related to whom in the management? IMO, constant chopping and changing is not the way to go. Hopefully after the world cup, we will retain the core group, and add 3 - 4 players from the academy and A team.
Not selectors, although they have their own issues, but the coach. Abir has been at the receiving end of step-motherly treatment since training camp with separate, less supervised net sessions and all. There would be a reckoning after the World Cup and I for one would be happy see Sid and the chief selector go. I just pray we won't replace them with worse losers and alga matobbors.

As far as the chief selector is concerned, if you're susceptible to lobbying, can't tell s*it from s*inola when it comes to basic ability partially because you were crap as a player, don't even bother to go to domestic games, can't qualitatively contextualize the stats in the first place and then you dishonestly use them to "justify" your selection, you DON'T select the best guys out there, guys with ability including the ability to learn and apply their talent in the middle beyond the nets. Therefore, once you create such holes, we have no option other than trying to plug those holes with better players.

I hope we find the right group we can stick with soon, but before that happens we have the find the right guys who can form such a group.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 13, 2011 at 12:07 PM..
Old March 13, 2011, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

By far raqibul is our best fielder

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old March 13, 2011, 11:57 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla
na re bhai.. nafis khali choto der sathei bhalo khelte pare. motamoti useless batsman. But since rakibul is out of touch, and we dont want ash the unlucky dude on our XI, its nice to see him back for a while.
Against Netherland... hmm...
Old March 13, 2011, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
By far raqibul is our best fielder

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
yes he's amazing fielder... as far as i remember Shariar isn't bad either (probably improved more)
Old March 13, 2011, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

How good a fielder is he? Just asking because Rokibul saves like 10-15 runs in the field.

And hope Naeem is not being dropped - Shuvo is a terrible replacement for Naeem.
Old March 13, 2011, 12:00 PM
Cricket Guru

but cricinfo said something different there are no mentions of SN in their published list...bepar ta ki
Old March 13, 2011, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

And probably a decent move considering the minnow bashing abilities of SN.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
How good a fielder is he? Just asking because Rokibul saves like 10-15 runs in the field.

And hope Naeem is not being dropped - Shuvo is a terrible replacement for Naeem.
we'll find out tonight?
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla
Yea im aware that Nafees has such a tendency, but Netherland to minnow bhai, Im happy atleast he got a game to prove himself
Old March 13, 2011, 12:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Alhamdulillah. sohel bhai Has pu it perfectle. This pongu rokibul is just an annoyance. Good riddance.
Old March 13, 2011, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Alhamdulillah. sohel bhai Has pu it perfectle. This pongu rokibul is just an annoyance. Good riddance.
raqibul seems pretty strong...with little courage.
Old March 13, 2011, 12:04 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Mushy,Nasir,Naeem

They Should Drop Junaid He has had enough chances But I Would keep Raqibul. Him and Naeem Are our Best Fielders
Old March 13, 2011, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Found the english version here!
http://livecricketupdate.net/nafees-...lands-preview/
Old March 13, 2011, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz

I'm sure DaRok and Nayeem will be used as fielders as they ought to be. That said, Abir is a better fielder now than he has ever been (that's not saying much BTW).

Shubho is an excellent fielder and one of the tightest bowlers we have in the short formats. His batting is crap but no worse than Nayeem's after Sid's extensive estrogen therapy.

We're playing the Dutch FGS! No need to underestimate them, because we're trying to be professional, but no need to show too much respect either.

WE WILL MAUL THEM and you can take that to any bank in the world.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM..
Old March 13, 2011, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

শাহরিয়ার নাফিস নেদারল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে খেলবে?
আস্তাগফিরুল্লাহ!, শাহরিয়ার নাফিস তো "দুর্বলের জালিম"!
আল্লাহ নেদারল্যান্ড কে রহম করুক।

Last edited by babubangla; March 13, 2011 at 12:17 PM..
Old March 13, 2011, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

nafees in and shuvo in make our team consisting 7 left handers...

now we need couple of left fast bowlers to make it a true bauwa team
Old March 13, 2011, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla

শাহরিয়ার নাফিস নেদারল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে খেলবে?
আস্তাগফিরুল্লাহ!, শাহরিয়ার নাফিস তো "দুর্বলের জালিম"!
আল্লাহ নেদারল্যান্ড কে রহম করুম।
yes dutch der khobor ache for sure
Old March 13, 2011, 12:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2011-03-13/news/138194

After years of persistence and shameless stubbornness , Allah has finally answered my prayers, Shahriar Nafees is IN for the next match! Now all those bans I received for him, all those tears I shed, all those nights spent posting for his support, all worth it! Im so happy right now it's indescribable! And scared at the same time too whether this is true or not.

The link was first shared by firstlane, for which I sincerely thank him, it made my day...actually it made my year! but it would be great if someone could translate it.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
i also wanted to say exactly what is written below

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Ekhoni lafalafi koiren na Abirz.SN kharap khelle kintu shob dosh apnar.
anyway i too feel Nafees is better than Junaiad or rakibul and should play at 3/4

he got his chance. i hope he does well
Old March 13, 2011, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

If I'm in the team in place of Naeem (or anyone else for that matter), I will make the Dutch pay with my awesome left-arm spin.

We are the chaampions, boiii!
Old March 13, 2011, 12:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Not selectors, although they have their own issues, but the coach. Abir has been at the receiving end of step-motherly treatment since training camp with separate, less supervised net sessions and all. There would be a reckoning after the World Cup and I for one would be happy see Sid and the chief selector go. I just pray we won't replace him with someone worse.
I agree that Siddon's employs some strange management methods, such as sidelining squad players during training sessions, I don't understand his reasoning for that.

I guess my worry with Siddon's leaving is exactly what you said in your post, the chances are that we will get someone WORSE then him. I am convinced that he is a very very good batting coach (Tamim,Imrul and Shakib's technique has improved under his guidance), and without the lack of good batting coaches around, we will miss him.

I know, he he hasn't done the same for every single player, but in this regard, I question those players ability to learn quicly as the likes of Tamims and Shakibs. I just think maybe we are execting a bit too much from him to turn every mediocre player into 40+ avg batsmen. We are just not producing enough talent, for which we need to completely overhaul the development structure.

I don't know if you remember, Richard McCinnes created a manual for the High Performance unit, which included a very tough, army like schedule. Since his departure, the manual has been gathering dust in BCB offices. (the biggest travesty)

So getting rid of Siddon's won't solve any problems in my opinion, but may compound it. Finally you surely agree that, before Siddon's came along, we were a laughing stock in test cricket, and now we are competitive. In my view, Test cricket is the ultimate form of the game, so does he not deserve any credit for that? is there a danger that we are being a bit short sighted . .

Just my two cents bro. . don't want to argue with you, because I think we both agree on the fundamental need for good Academy and A team development process.
Old March 13, 2011, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
i also wanted to say exactly what is written below

anyway i too feel Nafees is better than Junaiad or rakibul and should play at 3/4

he got his chance. i hope he does well
lol, as I said, Bhoir kisu nai bhai, The way Rokibul has been batting so far, it would be hard for Shahriar Nafees to do worse :P
Old March 13, 2011, 12:17 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Good move on SN specially against Holland. He has been a good minnow basher ever since. I think shuvo is a good move too given the # right hander in their team
Old March 13, 2011, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Finally! Now don't bash him if he fails in his first game of the tournament. Just *whip* him so he gets better.