facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 25, 2006, 07:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

At the start of the match I belived in Rajib and he delivered it.....while some of u idiots(IU knew there were some),who dissagreed with the matter but Rajib ans. with his performance......
Go to my thred to see what am I talking about!!!!

Old March 25, 2006, 07:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ejaj
Flipper.. throw us a party man!!!
Sure as I am always up for it every single time we win, or every single time our batsmen make centuries or our bowlers take a five fers!

BTW, Congrats to you too!
Old March 25, 2006, 07:27 AM
Test Cricketer

I must say.. today's innings from Rajin and Bahsar. had been a pleasure. I always loved such well placed innings. The strikes were rotating.. singles coming out... Batsmen were in full control with their shot selection and defence.. THis was just awesome. THis is one the of the when, u really cant ask more after that. I am just sooooo satisfied today.. . TO me. this had been the best in 4 match. The batting was soo much in quality. I really hope Bd can play such sensible battings more often. It was just soo relaxing!!

Bashar played one really great innings. He didnt go for much too aggresiveness and stick to his task. Hats off Bahsar. i wonder, if u could do such thing more tna one time now.. how come u dont do it all the time??

Rajib will be the neucleous of our bowling in the comming years. I have no doubt abt that. The future test bowling will be a team of Masri, Rajib, Rasel and Enamul Jr, .. offcoarse.. after Rafiq reitires .
Old March 25, 2006, 07:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

jotil khela dekhaise... :cool2:
Old March 25, 2006, 07:35 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

THANK YOU TO RAJIN SALEH FOR TAKING REVENGE ON KENNEDY OTIENO, DEEPAK CHUDASAMA AND STEVE TIKOLO'S ODI CENTURY AGAINST US.

On another note, Aftab, Ashraful needs to score ODI centuries against Kenya next time we meet them and Shahriar Nafees should have scored his maiden ODI century, as I believe he will not last long in International cricket if he continues to play rash shots like he's been playing.
Old March 25, 2006, 07:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Let's not jump on the Rajin bandwagon just yet. Consistency is the missing piece of puzzle in our team. We have never lacked in the talent department and Rajin is certainly one of our valuable assets. He *is* the hero of the moment, but it is yet to be seen how he continues. It will be a tall task to repeat this feat against the mighty Aussies. Besides, his competitor JO hasn't had a horrible series either. So, this competition is healthy for the team and these choices are a luxury for the coach. I offer my kudos to the Selectors for giving them chances. It is amazing what a player can accomplish when he is hungry for a place in the team. Just look at Rajin and Alok.

Let's hope this trend continues.
Old March 25, 2006, 07:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Damn I forgot there was a match today. I missed the WHOLE match.. slept like a baby... damn damn damn.... And I didn't have school....

Good thinking on replacing Javed.
Old March 25, 2006, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Orpheus
Damn I forgot there was a match today. I missed the WHOLE match.. slept like a baby... damn damn damn.... And I didn't have school....

Good thinking on replacing Javed.
heh I had to go somewhere tonight... I missed practically the whole match... caught the last 3/4 overs and the presentation ceremony. Thing is when I got home, I was like... hmm may be I didn't miss much 'cause Orphy is watching it and BDLive sucks. Now I know that I missed the whole thing
Old March 25, 2006, 07:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Now I feel even worse!
Old March 25, 2006, 08:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Rajin's inning was one of the best I've seen from any Bangali batsmen to date. His shot selections were great....and he played a full spectrum on the field. He pushed the ball to all sides of the field and with confidence and style. Bravo Rajin Way to make a comeback!

Just don't write him off when he doesn't find the middle of his bat in the next couple of innings.
Old March 25, 2006, 08:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by sar2005
...By the way, these BD players even did not perform like this in local leagues. Does that mean KEN is weaker than any of our league team
I don't think so. The domestic cricket and international cricket are quite different. The attitude, environment, concentration, mindsets are quite different. The players also have different mentality and performance at different levels. Ash performed superbly against both Aus and Eng in English condition just before he totally flopped in the domestic league. Do you mean that Aus and Eng are inferior to our domestic teams and players?
Old March 25, 2006, 09:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

He was always good against any black team but so poor against white for unknown reason if you notice.

anyway, i salute him for giving us another century.
Old March 25, 2006, 09:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Sylheti boys particularly the batsmen are making a statement! First Alok with his brillant 50 and now Rajin just playing unbelively! Wow! I still think that he belongs in the opening spot instead of JO but i don't JO has good political lobby so... it will be long before that happens. But what an inning from Rajin and Bashar deserves his fair share of credit as well. A well earned 65! But more importantly let's celebrate the whitewash and this win by Bangladesh!
Old March 25, 2006, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

This should put the final nail on Javed's coffin!

I didn't actually get to watch the game unfortunately, but from what people have been writing, it seems like Rajin has played the kind of innings that I have been demanding from our openers.

I have always said, we need someone who can keep one end intact, which is apparently what Javed was doing. But we need someone who can do that and take singles and put the bad balls away as well. In ODIs if we want to be competitive and play on an equal par with the big boys, we cant keep one end up by playing 50 dot balls in an innings of 28!

Like I've said before, the job of the sheet anchor should be to take singles and let the stroke players have as much of the strike as possible. And they need to be able to get the bad balls away the boundary as well.

Javed is not a sheet anchor, he thinks he is a nightwatchman!

He just hogs the strike after the other batsman takes a single off the first ball of an over by playing out 5 dot balls! His job is not to protect his partner, his job is to give his partner as much of the strike as possible!

Javed needs to go. With his awful strike rotation he has no place in an ODI side and with his God awful technique he has no place in the Test side either!

Edited on, March 25, 2006, 2:48 PM GMT, by Sham.
Old March 25, 2006, 10:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Rajin is actually a better opener than Javed when it comes to ODI only.

In ODI's only i blv make rajin play wid SN for now. In test make it NI and Javed to open.

Rajin is ahead of javed in ODI due to .....

No doubt Like Javed...... Rajin;s defense also gud but Javed cant play pull or hook....Rajin can play that..

Javed not a good player of spin but Rajin is....i still remember his innings of 82 vs India in homesoil where he lofted harbajan Singh...he can play better than javed when it comes to spin....

Javed only is better compared to Rajin when it comes to yorker...Rajin can play it too but not as good as Javed but i blv Rajin can improve on it and as an opening batsman both batsman lack the talent of playing lofted shots against pacers but Rajin can sometimes only play those...

overall compartively rajin is better than Javed...Rajin needs to be confident always as then he can play real good and with more experience..he will be a better players performance wise comapred to Javed...
Old March 25, 2006, 10:05 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Rajin has definitely paid for the trusts the selectors have on him despite some poor show. Todays innings was simply brilliant and a perfect ODI innings. He should be straightway in the ODI team against aussies.

The only worry is the typical nature of our players (exception Bashar, S Nafees so far and Rafique), if they play one good inining and find a bit safety they love to play rash shots and waste their potential. I hope Rajin will not do that. In that case Rajin-SN can be a really impressive opening pair in the ODI.

In tests I feel JO still has his place, but failure in consecutive innings may also end that as now he will face fierce competition from Rajin and to some extent Nafis Iqbal. Its nice to see players are feeling the pressure to retain there place in the team.
Old March 25, 2006, 10:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sham
This should put the final nail on Javed's coffin!

I didn't actually get to watch the game unfortunately, but from what people have been writing, it seems like Rajin has played the kind of innings that I have been demanding from our openers.

I have always said, we need someone who can keep one end intact, which is apparently what Javed was doing. But we need someone who can do that and take singles and put the bad balls away as well. In ODIs if we want to be competitive and play on an equal par with the big boys, we cant keep one end up by playing 50 dot balls in an innings of 28!

Like I've said before, the job of the sheet anchor should be to take singles and let the stroke players have as much of the strike as possible. And they need to be able to get the bad balls away the boundary as well.

Javed is not a sheet anchor, he thinks he is a nightwatchman!

He just hogs the strike after the other batsman takes a single off the first ball of an over by playing out 5 dot balls! His job is not to protect his partner, his job is to give his partner as much of the strike as possible!

Javed needs to go. With his awful strike rotation he has no place in an ODI side and with his God awful technique he has no place in the Test side either!

Edited on, March 25, 2006, 2:48 PM GMT, by Sham.
Rite buddy...but u noe something....he will be ahead in test as opener comapred to any coz of his so called patience...

dude...who the heck in bd atpresent or in future can be patient like him test...

i dont noe how in da wrld can javed..play 204 balls and make 48..(against Zimbo in Dhka)my good..and in pak..he mad 119 from 400 some bals i blv..maan..so much patience...he will race Dravid also by that...

so i say keep him test as opener..only coz of his patient..actually its interesting to notice nafees iqbal also becomind liek javed now adays...and comin to Rajin..rajin also has patience but not as much as Javed.......Javed is Javed whn he come to the appilication of being patient in test....

ODI...no doubt Javed sucks big time...Rajin in for ODI...
Old March 25, 2006, 10:24 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Awesome batting by Rajin! I'm glad that JO was 'injured' which allowed Rajin a chance to really prove he's worth his place in the team and he did an amazing job!

Congrats to him!

I agree Rajin should be given more chance as ODI opener while JO should be kept as test opener until someone younger/better can finally fill his position.
Old March 25, 2006, 10:39 AM
Club Cricketer

Congratulations, Rajin. I didn't see it last night, because the free link had some serious buffering issues, but I am looking forward to seeing it in 11 hour delayed telecast.
Old March 25, 2006, 10:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Well i read every single post so far to get a grasp of what the situation really is,

1. Rajin.....awsum.....outstanding (but for that one silly stumping chance that he survived).

2. Future (near or far) contender for openning slot in ODI and a place in the test squad lower down the order.

3. Javed is in good (slow) form. I have had enough of changing the team after one good innings like the old days. Believe me, I DESPERATELY WANT RAJIN to openning in odis, BUT I also believe that Javed has to fail before he is replaced. Rajin's chance came a long time ago to cement the openning position after the India series, but he lost form and got injured, bad timing.

4. I don't know why our selectors choose Alok as an all-rounder for tests. For odis Alok is a genuine all-rounder, but for test matches he is pretty ineffective. Rajin deserves the spot despite his deficiency in the bowling department. I firmly believe that he is a better test player than odi player given that he usually has excellent temperment/attitude/patience.

5. Ashraful is bowling better these days so maybe he can take the job of part-time bowler. These days you only need a part-time bowler to support your four main ones.

BOTTOM LINE: Will Rajin replace Javed? Probably not.....but eventually....yes. I would not argue with our selectors whatever their decision, although if they decide to drop Javed AND rajin fails, I'll be pretty disappointed at our selectors' knee-jerk reaction.
Old March 25, 2006, 11:03 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

CONGRAT RAJIN.

He had a very promising start and I liked him instantly. It was a bit sad to see him sitting out. Finally, he showed something for which, selectors for sure have to give him more chance to prove himself.

and he will.

he is another player like Rana who wants to overcome limitations with hard work. I remember in instance when the national players were off for few days. Rajin used that time to train himself personally when everyone else was enjoying the vacation. These kind of stuff does pay off. and that is quality I really like about him.