facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 11, 2008, 08:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

Who is Nirala btw?

Old March 11, 2008, 08:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

bad decisions!!

Rubel's time in the crease can be explained in one word, "clueless". Pacers bowled repeatedly outside the offstump with a slip and he tried to fish everyball without moving his feat. Lucky that Smith didn't bring in his pacers a little early. Otherwise that 24 ball innings would be way less. In one match I have seen more than I need to.

In bowling too I have seen few overs of his. That is enough. I would prefer Enam Jr. I can't take Rafique's comment that seriously in judging talent. (By the way, I did follow NCL very closely and he wasn't a stand out, even though his final tally was just above others)
Old March 11, 2008, 08:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by irteja
Who is Nirala btw?
That's the given nick name of Rokibul Hassan ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 11, 2008, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Anyone who has seen Rubel bowl, can you guys give me a little details on how he bowls. Is he kinda flatish like Rafique or loopie like Sakib?
Old March 11, 2008, 09:14 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Anyone who has seen Rubel bowl, can you guys give me a little details on how he bowls. Is he kinda flatish like Rafique or loopie like Sakib?
A mixture of both. He is a tall guy and gets some bounce as well.
Old March 11, 2008, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I have seen him bat and it was quite ugly and embarrassing at times. But I feel like we are being a little too harsh on him. First of all, it was his first game and secondly, he was mainly picked as a bowling allrounder if allrounder at all. So, we should concentrate more on how he did with the ball. If he does well with the ball, he can be the worst batsmen in the world for all I care.
Old March 11, 2008, 09:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Ato kisu bujhi na, but I know Riyad, Shakib, Enam Jr. are better performers than him. May it was first game gitters but I doubt.
Old March 11, 2008, 09:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
I saw him bowl more on the flat side in the NCL, but he does generate the odd bounce from time to time, not easy to do at the SBNS ! His bowling always seemed decent meat-and-potatoes stuff but nothing extrordinary to me, and I never saw the type of variation Rafiq talked about.

That said, I'd take Rafiq's assessment over my own any day ...

I never understood his selection into an already SLA-heavy team, but would've understood his debut against a side like Ireland. Now that he's already in the team, I think he needs enough chances to show us what he can do at this level.

I also agree with Mijan BTW from what I've seen of him, Riyad - not one of my favorites either and a young man who didn't get a fair run of play himself - would've been the better choice as a slow bowling 'all-rounder'. The overly liberal use of that A word notwithstanding, he could've added a bit of variety possibly.

As far as SLAs are concerned, I don't see the wisdom of bringing in another one when we already have Enam for tests, and Razzak and Moyna for the limited versions.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 11, 2008 at 09:57 AM..
Old March 11, 2008, 09:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What? Still no Farhad Reza. I am speachless...

Its not worth it...I refuse to consume this sh*tty product anymore. I would rather sleep tonight.

Good bye.
It's getting too much for sure. It really seems that the selection committee or at least one member of them is anti-Farhad.
Old March 11, 2008, 09:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

Don't be so upset about Junaid. I am sure he will be back for 3rd ODI. Either Nazim or Rakibul (whoever score less) have to pave the way.
But for Shahadat, I am not so sure. In first ODI, he was in absolute impossible situation (for AshFool). And sticking with a game plan with 3 spinners, I don't see his slot in the team
Old March 11, 2008, 10:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

so they think Zunaid can't make score against SA when he has a better track than who ever is replacing. My question is what makes them think the replacement will do better?

This is the bad cycle we are in. we will try some one 3/4 games and then throw him out and pick another. We do not believe in future. all we think about is this quarter.
Ok Zunaid is not getting run but he is getting more experience and that will help in next series against IR. Now we will have two players (hope the replacement doesn't make zeros) who will have no confidence in them

About shahadat. Yeah Ash tried some thing foolish. He thought Shahadat will get reverse swing from his 1st over. but it didn't work out. Ash fault no doubt. But shahadat didn't ball very well either. he was balling way short. And with new ball mash is much better than him. So i can except his replacement. + mash gives us 10/15 runs (dancing or not) so thats also added value.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 11, 2008, 10:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I feel that they are chopping and changing the team too much, this does not lead to consistency at all.
u r rytt...n i thought siddon was against all thatt..
Old March 11, 2008, 10:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: mashrafe mortaza

i saw the zunaed axe coming. his one day form has been horrendous. now mashrafe in place of shahabbat is a bit unfair. first off they gave him the ball late in the game and you can expect him to do anything there. i agree that none of this leads to consistency. and why wont BCB let farhad reza play? he could be a good all-rounder. replace raqib with him.
Old March 11, 2008, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Its a comical selection... I am telling ya guys,, we have gone back into the early 90s when we used to drop and pick players like buying shirt from Bongo bazar..its not a matter of strategy anymore,, its more like, we want to give chance to anyone,,"jodi laigga jai?" Thanks Rafiqul Alam,, You have shown the way for those C grade cricketers with no brains who can dream of becoming a selector one day and earn big bucks by picking players by the help of your domestic "Tia Pakhi"-who picks players name for each match...
Old March 11, 2008, 10:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Thanks Rafiqul Alam,, You have shown the way for those C grade cricketers with no brains who can dream of becoming a selector one day and earn big bucks by picking players by the help of your domestic "Tia Pakhi"-who picks players name for each match...

Rafiqul Alam & Team Selection
Old March 11, 2008, 10:51 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Priceless!!! The picture tells everything.

Thanks Dhakablues and Fazal!
Old March 11, 2008, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

This is going too far...Junaid gets only 4 matches before being dropped, so much for giving youngsters a fair chance, we know what Junaid can do when he has settled in the pitch. In fact if he can somehow cross 15 runs he goes on to post a big score with some great batting. And as for Shahadat..he only played bad coz of Ash's stupid decisions. Shahadat was brought in when the batsmen were comfortably settled in. I am really disappointed with Siddons and the selectors for dropping Junaid...I am sure he wouldve played well in Mirpur.

Last edited by bdchamp20; March 11, 2008 at 11:13 AM..
Old March 11, 2008, 11:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
bad decisions!!

In bowling too I have seen few overs of his. That is enough. I would prefer Enam Jr. I can't take Rafique's comment that seriously in judging talent. (By the way, I did follow NCL very closely and he wasn't a stand out, even though his final tally was just above others)
Well said Tiger_eye. We should take a look at mosharraf by all means, but I suspect he's nothing special and that Riyad wold be just as effective as well as providing extra cover with the bat.
Old March 11, 2008, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

So we're going to play with four new players now?

Nah, ebhabe r chole na...
Old March 11, 2008, 11:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
So we're going to play with four new players now?

Nah, ebhabe r chole na...
Yup. That's the sort of quality decisions siddons and the selectors are getting paid for!

I wouldn't mind so much if Zunaid was being replaced by someone better or at least just as good, but nazimuddin is clearly out of his depth in ODIs. You mark my words...
Old March 11, 2008, 11:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Dropping both of them is a stupid decision. Shahdat can't be dropped for having one bad match. He bowled superd a match before, be it test. Dropping Junaid is crazy. These sellectors are rubish. Dav used to have a lot of say in selection, now I think coach and Captain has no say in the entire process.
Old March 11, 2008, 12:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Please get a court issued retraining order for the three rodeo clowns...
Old March 11, 2008, 12:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Please get a court issued retraining order for the three rodeo clowns...
Ditto.
Old March 11, 2008, 12:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS
"Zunaed we feel is a little low on confidence after not getting the runs in ODIs. He has featured in partnerships but has not made the scores he is capable of. He has been given a break," said Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful.
Hah???

What about himself? How many runs he scored?
Old March 11, 2008, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

achha what does Farhad Reza have to do to get a spot ahead of Raqibul, Rubel and Shakib (not in all cases)...... he is turning out to be the most neglected player in BD team's history despite performance (compared relatively)......