facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 25, 2010, 07:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Still the Ice Man has lot of opportunities for growth, hope that will be persistent and sustainable in the long run in managing our expectation in all forms of cricket.

Old September 25, 2010, 07:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

shakibrulz, swann has already played 2 tests in India and averaged 39.50
it wasn't a particularly high-scoring series either.

Quote:
Monty is a better spinner that Swann; but he is the step-son of the British media. And if you want, S. Rajesh can make even Ashraful a hero. For example, take his two or three innings in 2005 and during that particular time period he may look better than Tendu.
actually monty was supported a lot by brit media but just didn't deliver the goods.
he had the talent but never matured. kind of like an ashraful if you ask me.
Old September 25, 2010, 09:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huda
You are. Have you seen pitches in Kandy, they are dust bowls where the ball turns square on a regular basis. If you think English pitches do, then you are in cuckoo land. You have chosen odd instances where the ball will turn when the pitche wears on days 4, or the 2nd innings. If you ask any English fan they will tell you about English pitches and Swann's assets. He does not relie on turn to get wickets, if you watch the MAJORITY of his wickets they are not due from huge spin. I can give you many of his wickets that have come from varying flight and pace, just cricinfo it yourself
The thing with English pitches are, they have sharp turn. Compare that to a slow, low turning pitch of Kandy, where the batsman has plenty of time to see the turn and play with it.
Sharp turn, though it might be lesser than the slow turn, is more dangerous. I think you should have a look at the Lord's test, or basically any other test this summer[4th, 5th day] and you will see what I am talking about.
Old September 25, 2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Swann can't hold Shakib's right feet's keni angul.
What ever swann's #s are, switch teams. We will see who is the boss then. I mean how many paddy make how many chal?

Character wise swann needs a shrink. I am glad we have Shakib and not pati hhash.
Hok kotha koichhen Mijan Bhai
Old September 25, 2010, 10:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huda
You are. Have you seen pitches in Kandy, they are dust bowls where the ball turns square on a regular basis. If you think English pitches do, then you are in cuckoo land.
[- edited -] So anything that turns less than kandy aint turning squares in your dictionary right? [ - edited - ]

Quote:
You have chosen odd instances where the ball will turn when the pitche wears on days 4, or the 2nd innings.
Oh yeah? This was day 2:

Notice the MASSIVE turn and rough marks. If you still believe English pitches don't turn, I'm not gonna entertain you from here on.
Quote:
If you ask any English fan they will tell you about English pitches and Swann's assets. He does not relie on turn to get wickets, if you watch the MAJORITY of his wickets they are not due from huge spin. I can give you many of his wickets that have come from varying flight and pace, just cricinfo it yourself
[- edited -] This pace variations and flight are what every good spinner does. That doesn't mean he doesn't get assistance from the surface does it? He mostly played against relatively weaker players of spin/weaker teams themselves at home, where the pitch turns sharply. [- edited -]

Last edited by ammark; September 26, 2010 at 03:08 AM.. Reason: mod.language: dont mix passion with rudeness
Old September 25, 2010, 11:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
shakibrulz, swann has already played 2 tests in India and averaged 39.50
it wasn't a particularly high-scoring series either.
LOL sure Neel, what's the need to state the obvious here. But to be fair to him, that was his debut series. It'd be interesting though how he bowls against us when we tour England. Anyways lets see how he performs in Oz at home, (who are weaker players of spin though sans clarke)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
The thing with English pitches are, they have sharp turn. Compare that to a slow, low turning pitch of Kandy, where the batsman has plenty of time to see the turn and play with it.
Sharp turn, though it might be lesser than the slow turn, is more dangerous. I think you should have a look at the Lord's test, or basically any other test this summer[4th, 5th day] and you will see what I am talking about.
4th & 5th day bd? Heck the ball turns sharp in the 2nd freaking day! And still some are not convinced that there's sharp turn in English wickets.
Old September 25, 2010, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I think u want Ice man to get the tail enders,right.:p
That means top order falls to Mash and co? Hell NO! We're gonna score 300+ but Ice will get away with economy <5 rpo and maybe a couple of wickets
Old September 26, 2010, 03:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Shakib's figures tell the story

Sports Reporter
While England off-spinner Graeme Swann is having the best phase of his career, Shakib Al Hasan is not far behind.
In Test match cricket, the left-arm spinner has had a splendid two years when he took 45 wickets at an average of 33.0 with a strike rate of 67.7.
He is followed by off-spinners Nathan Hauritz and Harbhajan Singh and left-arm spinner Rangana Herath.
Shakib has also taken 25 wickets from 21 one-day matches since January 2009 against the top eight teams. Australian Hauritz has taken the most wickets (50) while Swann has the best average (24.29).
But in a list of spinners bowling in the middle overs (16th to 40th) in ODIs against the top eight teams during the same period, Shakib averages 40 and has taken just 13 wickets, though he has a good economy rate.
The good showing in the last two years has meant that Shakib has maintained his position in the top of the ICC ODI all-rounders' ranking with 382 points, despite sharing the place with Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi for a while.
He's also the second-best ODI bowler and test all-rounder
no vettori ???

anyway if any body can prove SWANN is as good as WARNE MURALI or KUMBLE then i can prove Suhrawardi Shuvo is as good as Shakib or Rafiq.

anyway Swann is still not anything close to what Harbhajan is capable of.

n

Last edited by ammark; September 26, 2010 at 05:39 AM.. Reason: mod.misc: formatting
Old September 26, 2010, 03:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
no vettori ???

anyway if any body can prove SWANN is as good as WARNE MURALI or KUMBLE then i can prove Suhrawardi Shuvo is as good as Shakib or Rafiq.

anyway Swann is still not anything close to what Harbhajan is capable of.
Swann at the moment is the best spinner, that's mainly because of lack of competition. Not that he's in the league of the big 3. Bhajji sucks these days but Swann didn't do anything close to what Bhajji did during his prime for us.

Vettori is a good allrounder, but a vastly overrated here as a spinner.
Average against teams:
Australia 36.45
Bangladesh 16.06
England 36.62
India 54.81
Pakistan 54.64
South Africa 69.44
Sri Lanka 23.63
West Indies 25.85
Zimbabwe 30.65

Vettori's Average in Aus = 39.97, India = 51.53, NZ 36.11, Pak = 178.11, SA = 63.83.

Nothing remotely impressive there.
Old September 26, 2010, 04:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

basically england always produces good wickets which supports pacers but lately they have started producing wickets which help spinners too.
Old September 26, 2010, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
basically england always produces good wickets which supports pacers but lately they have started producing wickets which help spinners too.
Seems like everyone but one guy is convinced about this
Old September 26, 2010, 08:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Seems like everyone but one guy is convinced about this
there are some pitches in england which turns even more than the typical SubContinent Dust Bowls. adding to that the Bounce and pace is more in those pitches.