facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 26, 2009, 06:40 PM
Club Cricketer

im sorry but i havent been into cricket for too long so i dont know this guy too well and from checking his stats i would never replace presumably junaid for him.

also why would he be needed specially for west indies???????

Old June 26, 2009, 08:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

hannan sarkar isn't any better than any batsman currently in the team or even the squad, and his record against the WIs is atrocious. as for rajin saleh, he was given chances but in his most recent chances he struggled to face more than 30 balls plus struggled to score so imo it would be better off giving a raqibul or naeem ago because they won't do worse (they would probably actually contribute more than rajin would) and they'll get the experience.
Old June 26, 2009, 11:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

i think present test squad is perfect, there is no debate.

BCCB should have rule no batsmen less than 25 will be in the national team
and no bowler less than 22 yrs old will be in the team

Rajin, hannan, nafis iqbal can still be in the team, they just have to prove more consistency.
Old June 26, 2009, 11:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Too much young blood!
Old June 27, 2009, 12:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah

Rajin, hannan, nafis iqbal can still be in the team, they just have to prove more consistency.
why do they have to prove? what have the ones that got the chance has done? we should have the more experienced ones in the team and let the younger ones prove instead we have the other way around and hence we are in this circle... Like you i think its high time BCB and selectors wakes up...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 27, 2009, 04:01 AM
Cricket Guru

the younger guys are already better ODI players than the older ones. look how many of the young guys (25 and under) average 25+ with the bat in ODIs (shakib, tamim, raqibul, naeem, riyad, SN, aftab). how many older guys average 25+? all the guys who average 25+ are under 24 years of age and i think aftab is the only one who is turning 24 this year (in november), the rest aren't 24 until next year.

besides the players we are calling older aren't that much older (the oldest would be around 26 unless people mean bring back pilot, rafique and bashar) in some cases they're only a few months older, they're isn't much difference in experience with them, at least not internationally, rajin is possibly the only one who has that much more experience that it'll make much of a difference.

i'm not sure domestic experience makes that much of a difference, as has already been said batsmen in the domestic leagues face bowlers like tapash and dollar, a far cry from bowlers like steyn and johnson which is the type of quality the national batsmen face.
Old June 27, 2009, 05:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza

i'm not sure domestic experience makes that much of a difference, as has already been said batsmen in the domestic leagues face bowlers like tapash and dollar, a far cry from bowlers like steyn and johnson which is the type of quality the national batsmen face.
I somehow never agree with this. I understand that our level of cricket in domestic is not up to the mark. But if you don't judge player's from there then from where? You have to pick players from NCL, DPL and bring them to Academy, "A", then to national team. There should be no denying of domestic cricket performance. In all other countries players play against their domestic bowlers according to their standard, they don't play international bowlers in domestics. We are playing according to our standard.

Another point is, regardless of the quality of the bowling, playing and scoring in different match situation, scoring lots of runs in domestics obvioulsy make a batsman mature on how to build your innings on different match scenario. Player with 8/10 FC centuries means he knows how to build a innings, how to keep on concentrating during a long innings which eventaully makes differences.

I always thought a young player must have 2/3 consistent NCL and some big innings under his belt before being consiodered for the next level. But unfortunately we have some batsman who don't have enough long innings against the bowlers like dollar also. Which is another reason for our struggle. If you have not made enough centuries in domestics, how can you expect he knows how to approach and build a long innings? Result is 20s and 30s that we are getting.

So, at the end, we have to rate our domestic regardless the level is and need to make the domestic more and more competitive so that there is no easy ride there. Thus we can get stronger batsman who can play long innings. Whomever you scored runs against; Taposh, Dollar, Mushfiq......you still have to concentrate for hours, face 200+ balls to make century, and that is the practice batsmen need before coming to the international arena.
Old June 27, 2009, 05:33 AM
Cricket Guru

of course to begin with you judge on domestic performance, pretty much all of the current national teamers are guys who have performed well domestically. in this specific situation the young guys are performing better domestically and internationally than most of the older guys, it's not like the older guys who have more domestic experience have a whole lot more big scores than the younger guys (both domestically or internationally).

in pretty much every other test nation the more experienced players have better domestic records and international records. in BD the younger guys have better domestic and international records so why go back to the older ones when the new guys are doing better?

excluding DPL hannan sarkar only has 3 domestic 100s, riyad, naeem, imrul and raqibul already have 4 each, tamim has 3 domestic 100s and 1 international century, shakib has 3 domestic 100s and 2 international 100s, junaid has 3 domestic 100s. the only older players i can think of with more are rajin and alok (i don't count NI as an olde rplayer since he's only 23) and in a lot of ways the younger guys have out performed even these 2 internationally (these guys each have an international century and some of the young guys don't but other than that it's hard to say the older guys have done better than the young guys).

DPL stats could completely change what i said, i don't know as i haven't checked them but from the info i have looked at there really isn't much between the older guys and the younger guys, give the younger guys more time imo though i wouldn't be against giving alok another shot in the national team (NI as well but like i said i don't consider him one of the older players), rajin needs to figure things out, if he can get back to his 2004 form then he can comeback to the test team.

also experience doesn't automatically mean a player has learnt e.g. ashraful, the most experienced BD player and he's probably learnt the least.
Old June 27, 2009, 06:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
we need a good professional cricket league back home, that is played across the country and spans most of the year.
Right you are! SL is now playing a 2 month tournament for an UNder 25 age team.

They have tournaments throughout the year and many of their good cricketers have played for years then get a call up to th national team based on FC experience.

A small island like SL can produce such good cricketers, What's wrong with Bangladesh?
Old June 27, 2009, 07:06 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
A small island like SL can produce such good cricketers, What's wrong with Bangladesh?
we refuse to learn, administrators have too much ego to listen, dont do any work..etc
Old June 27, 2009, 12:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

the thing is yeah i understand the younger player are better technically but what they lack is the temperament and basics of cricket. remember cricket is 80% in the mind. if you don't let these younger kids to grow then the better technique they have now will be lost on the pressure of other stuff. For example I have seen the new players don't know what the bowler of the fielding captain is trying to get him out hence even though he might be a good puller or hukker he gets out and fall into the trap very easily(i am talking about test and may be 50)...
Technique with no temperament is zero.

Yes those 2/3 year older guys are not that good either but my point is instead of breaking these new guys and make them like these current older ones (remember these slightly older guys where considered better than that time older guys) we should stick with the older ones and let the younger ones grow.

And also this will make sure the system in our cricket. now some guy in the village learns cricket day night goes to academy and learns how to play and comes to NTL team. in the mean time they have zero knowledge on how this game is played. no background no nothing. and with knowing the history one cannot play cricket and thats why we see ash playing those stupid shots with out under standing what the op captain(even IR captain knows how to get him out) is trying to do to get him out... when to take risk and when to not is a big differ which can't be tought one have to learn it by playing him self...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 27, 2009, 04:51 PM
Cricket Guru

unless the older guys can offer something the younger guys can't then it's pointless to pick them, at this point the younger ones are the better overall players, not just technique but temperament as well. have a look at guys like raqibul, naeem and now riyad they all have good temperaments, even imrul has a pretty good temperament. the only difference betweent he older guys and the younger ones is that the older guys have maybe 4 or 5 more 100s than the younger ones at the domestic level, but some of the younger ones actually have 100s at the international level whereas some of the odler ones don't (hannan sarkar doesn't but shakib as 2, tamim has 1).

the fact is the older guys can't offer anything the younger guys can't, and the younger guys are at a point where they have as much or more international experience than almost all of the older players so the best thing to do with the current group of national teamers would be to keep them together (maybe try NI or alok at some stage) for another year or two so that younger guys like nasir hossain, mithun ali and rony talukder don't come into the national team too quickly.

why bring in a player like hannan sarker when he not only has a horrible international record but also a horrible domestic record? playing in the domestic leagues longer hasn't helped hannan improve one bit and rajin has actually gotten worse since leaving the national team which for all we know could be directly related to him playing the low standard of the domestic leagues.
Old June 27, 2009, 05:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

I think everyone took my suggestion to include Hannan Sarker in the cricket to West Indies seriously. It was just a joke! His was bowled by I think Pedro Collins in similar fashion twice/thrice may be - probably as comical as the way Ash got out against Ireland in the recent 20/20.

However, he played quite good in the fast pitches of South Africa and Australia when BD went there is 2003. His career average is 20.
Old June 27, 2009, 08:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

whenever we host a test nation i want them to face the A team and u-19 team in practice mathces.
Old June 27, 2009, 10:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinDaMartian
His career average is 20.
Sadly thats quite competent for our team.
Old June 29, 2009, 02:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

How the hell is that even possible when half the year it either rains or is scorching hot. And remember the offseason is important for physical development and rest. Which is not the case either because players keep getting fat( Mashrafe) and unfit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
we need a good professional cricket league back home, that is played across the country and spans most of the year.
Old June 29, 2009, 05:05 PM
Cricket Guru

send players to play in some top domestic leagues when they're not playing in the home leagues. i don't see why players like shakib or mash couldn't get spots in other domestic leagues, would be tougher for others but i'm sure if the BCB did the negotiating then a few of the players could get spots. otherwise have lots of tours against top domestic teams (whether it be the national team or the A team).
Old June 29, 2009, 08:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Like where? Apart from England and West Indies, all other domestic league time periods coincide with ours (october - march/ april).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
send players to play in some top domestic leagues when they're not playing in the home leagues. i don't see why players like shakib or mash couldn't get spots in other domestic leagues, would be tougher for others but i'm sure if the BCB did the negotiating then a few of the players could get spots. otherwise have lots of tours against top domestic teams (whether it be the national team or the A team).
Old June 29, 2009, 09:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by uss01
Like where? Apart from England and West Indies, all other domestic league time periods coincide with ours (october - march/ april).
well then go to england, otherwise take a month off during the BD season (preferbly during the t20 tournaments) and just play for a month in one of the other leagues (actually doing that they're possibly more likely to get spots, i know aussie clubs tend to jump at the chance when an international wants to play for them for a couple of matches). players probably won't do it due to financial reasons but if they were serious enough about a cricket career then they would.
Old June 29, 2009, 10:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

We should have strict domestic calender regardless of International seasons. There is always odd occasion calender can be tweaked a bit. The cricketing bodies in Bangladesh is relying too much on our Star players participation in domestic competition and try to arrange fixture so that they can participate. I can guarantee we loose at least 20 days of cricket in peak season time that is after the breakes.
In Bangladesh season starts from October and it stretches to first week of April, thats nearly six months and bit. The playing condition naturally varies from start to the end even though it is not that noticeable like other countries e.g. England.
If you observe our NCL 4 day calender, you will find it is always at first 2 months of cricket calender. The last 4 months our domestic players only play 50-over game or T-20 in capital Dhaka or Chittagong (those are the 2 main cities that have good local leagues).

But look at Englands domestic fixtures for example, they may kick of the season with few 50-overs game then they will have few 4-dayers. The season is spread out evenly with different format of the games.

I am sure there are other reason why we are not good at longer version. But not having a strict and balanced calender we are making it difficult for our next generations of cricketers.
Old June 30, 2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetPak
Bangladesh is relying far too much on youth
তাতে আপনার অসুবিধাটা কি?!!!
Old June 30, 2009, 05:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Imran Khan

Its very important to learn how to win

I heard some where that when Tiger was young he was obviously a LOT better than players of his own age group yet his dad forced him to play along side players of his own age group. Similarly some of the BD youngsters may be too good for domestic cricket but i don't think it will hurt if they spend a couple of years hammering teams at the domestic level.
Old July 1, 2009, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

Which reliable senior player do we have though....only Bashar!!
Old July 1, 2009, 03:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

you mean it won't hurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetPak
Its very important to learn how to win

I heard some where that when Tiger was young he was obviously a LOT better than players of his own age group yet his dad forced him to play along side players of his own age group. Similarly some of the BD youngsters may be too good for domestic cricket but i don't think it will hurt if they spend a couple of years hammering teams at the domestic level.
Old July 2, 2009, 09:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Thats all we have to rely on... i.e. the young and the brave one.

The old one are already tested and proven pretenders.