facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 1, 2007, 06:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

about bd, right now they hav a 35 % chance of wining this world cup. 2 make this any thing more then 50% ie, winin the icc wcup, they have 2 field and ball like they did against aus and india(matches they won). iam sure before those matches guys were pumped and practised a lot. they field was no catches were droped, there was run outs by aftab, dives by mashrfe and ash and an excelent catch by habibul 2 get rid of dhoni, we didn't care much about that wt bcose he was new player, look @ now he earned name amongst greatest hitter in the world.
obviouly batting is our main concern
and i say habibul is becomin another corcern
is it a suitable position switchin him from 3rd has coused some problem.
iam with every 1 ealse.
17th march my team or iwould like see this 11
s nafees
T iqbal (never seen him play but his performace telling me that he is right guy)
H bashar
sakib
aftab
ash
mushiq or khaled mashud
rafiq
razzaq
shahadath
mashrafee (a great player gives his in any circumstances my favin da team)

now who most likely 2 win this world cup
ban (100%) really 35%
aus 97%
WI 85%
NZ 82%
SA 80%
sri 79% (very less likely)
pak 78%
Ind 75%

Old February 1, 2007, 06:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

[বাংলা][বাংলা][বাংলা][/বাংলা

about bd, right now they hav a 35 % chance of wining this world cup. 2 make this any thing more then 50% ie, winin the icc wcup, they have 2 field and ball like they did against aus and india(matches they won). iam sure before those matches guys were pumped and practised a lot. they field was no catches were droped, there was run outs by aftab, dives by mashrfe and ash and an excelent catch by habibul 2 get rid of dhoni, we didn't care much about that wt bcose he was new player, look @ now he earned name amongst greatest hitter in the world.
obviouly batting is our main concern
and i say habibul is becomin another corcern
is it a suitable position switchin him from 3rd has coused some problem.
iam with every 1 ealse.
17th march my team or iwould like see this 11
s nafees
T iqbal (never seen him play but his performace telling me that he is right guy)
H bashar
sakib
aftab
ash
mushiq or khaled mashud
rafiq
razzaq
shahadath
mashrafee (a great player gives his in any circumstances my favin da team)

now who most likely 2 win this world cup
ban (100%) really 35%
aus 97%
WI 85%
NZ 82%
SA 80%
sri 79% (very less likely)
pak 78%
Ind 75%

Old February 3, 2007, 03:25 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Last edited by rio; February 13, 2007 at 12:21 AM..
Old February 4, 2007, 11:32 PM
Banned

I am envious of you all - especially Tehsin, my neighborhood bud!

I was drawing up my own plans as early as in 2005, but got financially side-tracked with my dad's treatment last year. So now, Tehsin dude, your eyes are my eyes, your joy is my joy. Make sure you sip a lot of rum for me. Is bhabi joining you as well? And who did you buy tickets from - Musa bhai (if you know him, that is?).

- P
Old February 5, 2007, 09:34 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Pundit bhai, I'll let you borrow my glasses after I return. Looks like your lucks kinda shot, you'll have to settle for coke instead of rum as well. Your bhabi will prolly skip all this hoopla but shez paying for my trip (woooooooohooooooooo).
Old February 15, 2007, 09:19 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

With 25 days to go, Let's get ready for a BC get together at Trinidad.

Still waiting to hear from everyone that is going to go to the world cup and possibly the dates that you'll be there.
Old February 21, 2007, 09:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Got my game tickes couple of days back. See you all in Trinidad.
Old February 28, 2007, 12:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: All BD team players

I have some changes in plan. I am flying down on 13th instead of 16th to Barbados from Ottawa in Air Canada. My return flight is on March 26th. And I dont need a VISA so I am worry free about that...

JamesBond: March 15-26* ( may extend if BD goes to next round and to finals)

The reason I am landing on Barbados first because my friend Anthony is from there and we will be cruising in his love boat ( *wink* *wink*) to the nearby islands and all. Hey guys wanna meet up for a pre drink party at St.Lucia or Barbados at the Heineken's???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Where are u guys planning to stay? Did you find a place to stay through an agent or online?
guys...please dont do this to yourself..because of WC the prices have gone to 235% more than usual rate. The best this is that, My friend from Barbados told me, lot of family's are renting rooms in their house and outhouse in Barbados which is like 35 bucks per day or 150~ 200 dollars per week/10 days. I am lucky that I have friends in Nevis, St. Lucia and they have family all over there so the only i need is the air fare and booze.I think you guys should look into these. Cuz you wanna save up money for booze too right?

Anyways, for the stadium, we can do some shopping to make a "bigger banner" ? what do you say? I think my friend Katherine can help us out on that, she is in arts and she is coming down with me to watch WC, though she has no idea about cricket...lol .. SHONGODOSH.. hahha

I will actually have around 10-17 WHITE SUPPORTERS supporting for BD in the staduim.. just trying to show the world in the camera that WHITE SKINNED ppl also waves for BD ..hehehhe

Last edited by JamesBond; February 28, 2007 at 12:48 AM..
Old February 28, 2007, 12:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Where are you guys landing?

Last edited by JamesBond; February 28, 2007 at 12:49 AM..
Old March 2, 2007, 02:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Needed: a room and tickets to India/SL

after walking around for weeks pondering "shob josh gelo kothai", and despite the absence of a true wicketkeeper in the BD squad, I'm taking the plunge and headed down to Trini. The last minute decision is costing me 60,000 frequent flier miles but what the heck.

So I only have 2 *minor* problems - don't have a hotel room nor a ticket to the SL/India match which I just saw is sold out. Anyone out there with a spare room or ticket - alternatively if you want to sell/rent your hotel room I'll buy it!! If not hopefully some good soul will take me in or I will miraculously run into an old college buddy or two.

I'm going to buy the BD/SL ticket tomorrow - where are you guys sitting for the SL match (Tehsin, Oracle, pompous?)- what section? Anyone in the party stand other than 007 (who seems to have quite a potent mix in booze, Catherine and 10-17 white people ) - and what exactly goes on in the party stand ??

So my dates will be Tuesday night 20th - Sunday 25 morning. The only flights out of Trini seem to be in the morning so must miss the Bermuda match as I have to be elsewhere Sunday night. But that's OK...hope to see some of the BC gurus out there!
Old March 2, 2007, 10:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Isn't party stand the cheapest of all where all the noise comes in from and you are in the sun for 8 hours. .. LOL... Shada gula shob Bangali hoya jaabe after the game..... it also has a bad view. WHy would anyone buy that after spending thousand for flight and hotel.

I also think booze is free in party stand. James Bond tell your friends to bring lots of condoms, that will cost more than alcohol... trini has more than 2% aids.... They are not really coming to see BD play my friend more like cumming....

Last edited by Orpheus; March 2, 2007 at 11:10 AM..
Old March 2, 2007, 05:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Orpheus thanks for the useful stats my friend!
Old March 3, 2007, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiq
Orpheus thanks for the useful stats my friend!
you are welcome brother.. aro info lagle bolben... jemon ekta tips dei... Orasure niya jaan pocket e... eventhough reliability is 50% haha.... it often gives false positive... not so much false negative... so you are 200% safe with 50% reliability... how amazing is that...?

If you need further help.. I will provide you with some numbers.
Old March 4, 2007, 01:57 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

If you're loking to do some research before you hit T&T - try the wikipedia. Here's a link from them: http://www.visittnt.com/
Old March 5, 2007, 06:47 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiq
after walking around for weeks pondering "shob josh gelo kothai", and despite the absence of a true wicketkeeper in the BD squad, I'm taking the plunge and headed down to Trini. The last minute decision is costing me 60,000 frequent flier miles but what the heck.

So I only have 2 *minor* problems - don't have a hotel room nor a ticket to the SL/India match which I just saw is sold out. Anyone out there with a spare room or ticket - alternatively if you want to sell/rent your hotel room I'll buy it!! If not hopefully some good soul will take me in or I will miraculously run into an old college buddy or two.

I'm going to buy the BD/SL ticket tomorrow - where are you guys sitting for the SL match (Tehsin, Oracle, pompous?)- what section? Anyone in the party stand other than 007 (who seems to have quite a potent mix in booze, Catherine and 10-17 white people ) - and what exactly goes on in the party stand ??

So my dates will be Tuesday night 20th - Sunday 25 morning. The only flights out of Trini seem to be in the morning so must miss the Bermuda match as I have to be elsewhere Sunday night. But that's OK...hope to see some of the BC gurus out there!

My friend has a spare ticket for the IND-SL game. Why don't you PM me and I can hook you up with my friend.

BTW, a few of us (including Beamer) are going from the US. Our seating arrangements -

Match 25 India vs Bdesh
Block 206 Row 9

Match 33 S Lanka vs Bdesh
Block 206 Row 6

Match 37 India vs S Lanka
Block 108 Row 17

Match 41 Bermuda vs Bangladesh
Block 207 Row 11
Old March 6, 2007, 12:09 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Isn't party stand the cheapest of all where all the noise comes in from and you are in the sun for 8 hours. .. LOL... Shada gula shob Bangali hoya jaabe after the game..... it also has a bad view. WHy would anyone buy that after spending thousand for flight and hotel.

I also think booze is free in party stand. James Bond tell your friends to bring lots of condoms, that will cost more than alcohol... trini has more than 2% aids.... They are not really coming to see BD play my friend more like cumming....
Haha buddy... isnt that silent but obvious? I am trying to be modest in the forum.. but u know whats the truth and "what lies beneath"!!! *wink* *wink*
Old March 6, 2007, 12:41 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Here's where I'll be hanging around during the matches:

Match 25
india vs BD
Block 171, Row 8

Match 33
Sl vs BD
Block 206, Row 1, not too far from pessimist but with a lot of optimism.
Old March 6, 2007, 01:04 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Here's where I'll be hanging around during the matches:

Match 25
india vs BD
Block 171, Row 8

Match 33
Sl vs BD
Block 206, Row 1, not too far from pessimist but with a lot of optimism.
Tehsin bhai don't forget to make a BC banner. We will be watching out for you!
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old March 6, 2007, 01:13 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

The banner eh ? As long as I don't get kicked out from the stands..
Old March 6, 2007, 01:25 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

http://trinidadshopping.com/local.html

Just FYI

How to get to Trinidad
The main entry into the country is via the new Piarco International airport. Opened in May 2001, this airport can compete with all international standards and is now the largest airport in the region. Crown Point International Airport is the entry to Tobago. Trinidad's seaport and cruise ship complex is located in Port of Spain at the Gulf of Paria (walking distance to downtown Port of Spain). Yachties will arrive mainly in Chaguaramas, on Trinidad's north western peninsula.
How to get around in Trinidad
Public transportation in Trinidad is based on a bus system, operated by PTSC and many taxis and 'MaxiTaxis' (Mini Van). A license plate for a taxi starts always with the 'H' for hired. A recent introduced 'call a cab' taxi service will provide further services. Search our database for a taxi service. Trinidad's highway system connects the east-west and the north-south corridors (Speed limit 80 Km/h / 50mph). Calculate delays during rush-hours.
Food and Dining in Trinidad
Trinidad & Tobago abounds with diverse culinary delights due to the cosmopolitan nature if its people. Some favourites include roti, doubles, shark and bake, pelau and a host of other mouth watering dishes. But fast food is for many people the way to go.
Search our online database for a restaurant in your area.
Good to know when in Trinidad & Tobago
EmergencyPolice 999, Fire/Ambulance 990
TimezoneStandard Time is 4 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time - GMT - 4 (no daylight-saving time)
LanguageEnglish, Creole English
VisaVisa and passport information
TravelPassport and a valid return ticket required at entry
CurrencyTrinidad & Tobago Dollar 1 TT$ = 100 cents (exchange rate)
Credit CardsMastercard, VISA and American Express, ATMs available throughout the country
ATMMost credit cards, Cirrus and others are accepted
Money TransferMoneygram and Western Union
TelephoneCountry Code 1 868, Outgoing calls: International 01, U.S. & Caribbean 1
Voltage: 110V/60Hz U.S. 2 pin and 3 pin plugs
220V/60Hz U.S. 3 pin plug mainly for appliances
Tel/Modem:RJ11
Cell PhonesDigital cell network with TDMA (not sold anymore, to be phased out), GSM (1800MHz) since 2003, only one provider so far: TSTT with bmobile, Digicel (GSM) and Laqtel (CDMA) coming early 2006 (1/2006)
TVNTSC-M (US Standard), 6 local TV stations (Gayelle, IBN, IETV, NCC, Synergy, TV-6), 60+ (US) cable channels, DirecTV (Satellite)
RadioMany FM stations and a few AM stations around the country
Internet Several Internet Service Providers (17) with mainly dial-up modem access. High-speed access available via: ADSL, Satellite, Wireless, Cable-modem, ISDN. High-speed access is still costly e.g. ADSL (residential access) with the new reduced rate (June 2003) just under US$ 75 per month for 64/256kpbs. Faster Internet is not yet available everywhere within the country.
Pay-per-Call: 619-EASY, TT 75 cents per minute. Username: EASY, no password required.
MeasurementsPredominately Metric
Crime ReportsCrimeStoppers: 800-STOP, 800-TIPS or 800-4011 (local numbers)
Opening HoursBanks are usually open from Monday to Friday. Banks in Malls are open from 10am till around 6pm. Some banks are closing very early in the afternoon.
Shopping Malls are usually open Monday to Saturday until 7pm or even longer.
Port of Spain shops usually close around 5-6pm
Bars are open until ...
Usual office hours are from around 8am until 4pm
Tips for the Visitor
• We speak English in Trinidad & Tobago (even not everybody might understand it ...) (No hablo español)
• Major credit cards like VISA, Mastercard and American Express are widely accepted
• The US Dollar is mostly accepted, the Euro not yet
• Be aware of possible conmen at ABMs (ATMs)
• You have to pay TT$ 100.00 departure tax when leaving the country (cash or credit card)
• Do not enter private cars for taxi rides (PH-cars), a taxi license plate always start with the letter 'H'
• Leave your valuables in the hotel or at home
• Tab water is usually drinkable, bottled water is available everywhere
• When at Maracas Beach a 'Bake & Shark' is a must. Try a 'Roti' when in Trinidad, and watch the locals eating 'Doubles' for breakfast (or try it yourself).
• Best travel time is around December until the end of May when the rainy season starts
• Temperatures are pretty much the same during the year (24-33), with cooler evenings in November and hot and dry days in April
• Stay away from drugs! Hefty fines and possible imprisonment is certain
• Tobago is the more laid back holiday destination, while Trinidad is the business and industry hub of the Caribbean
• Work hard, party hard is for many people the motto in Trinidad. This is excellent party ground!
• Trinidad is not the typical Caribbean island, it is much more like South America as it was once part of it
Old March 6, 2007, 03:08 AM
Street Cricketer

any link for today's match BD vs NZ?
Old March 6, 2007, 03:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Looking forward to see some banglacricket banners in the stand... Make some noise for all of us.
Old March 6, 2007, 07:02 PM
Street Cricketer

Default WC Preparation

To everyone who is going- Guys we have to meet up before the games so that we can form a noticable BD crowd. Any plans on how we can contact each other when we get to Trinidad? I am going to be there from the 15th to the 25th and I got the roaming option on my phone.

My number is (202)4034406. If you want to make there or watever, just call me up.

Oh, one of my cousins decided not to go and now I have an extra ticket for the BD-IND and IND-SL games. If anyone needs it, I can give it to when I see you in Trinidad.
Old March 6, 2007, 08:23 PM
Cricket Legend

we will pool our resources. watch out for posts from tehsin or me. I also have a mobile no that will operate there.
Old March 6, 2007, 11:49 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Trinidad Rocks!!!!!!!

Adding four more people ......
Akkel along with 3 other friends and will be staying at laparmaylas