facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 1, 2017, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Check there was an article on DS. Several top coaches of the country said his release point has changed, bowling wider from the crease.

I reckon he has also lost effectiveness due to drop in pace, at least 7-10 kph slower than what he was.

Old July 2, 2017, 01:18 AM
Street Cricketer

He is falling to the side much earlier before delivery.
Old July 2, 2017, 06:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

He needs to add 5-10 more pounds and work out in the gym,
Old July 2, 2017, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

He is taking after his captain. And not in the good ways. All the bad ways.

Lethargic, winded after every ball, slow throws, slow to get on the ground.

But he needs to understand his captain has had over 6 surgeries on knees and wears knee braces every game, and is 33.

He is still a young man with the occasional side strain. So where is the effort?
Old August 31, 2017, 12:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Check there was an article on DS. Several top coaches of the country said his release point has changed, bowling wider from the crease.

I reckon he has also lost effectiveness due to drop in pace, at least 7-10 kph slower than what he was.
For people who watched the match live, did Mustafiz regain some of his pace in the 1st test? or is he still bowling in 130s..His economy rate looks good on paper but not sure if this was due to bowling wide outside the stump (less wicket taking balls) or batsmen just struggled to score off him due to good balls swinging away?

Last edited by imtiaz82; August 31, 2017 at 01:55 PM..
Old August 31, 2017, 02:51 AM
BC Editorial Team

Nip is still not back. Low 130s on average. Yorker was too slow. Slowers were well read.
Old August 31, 2017, 03:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

I fear his injury has ended his career.
Old August 31, 2017, 03:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

From what I saw in the Test match, someone is giving him bad advice.

The pre ops Fizz would bowl so close to the stumps which is why he would make the batsman play at his deliveries. All he does is bowl wide from the crease and makes the bowl move away. Hence batsman dont need to play at his deliveries.

I think all he needs is someone to work with him to improve his technique
Old August 31, 2017, 03:43 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
I fear his injury has ended his career.
injury is the primary reason as because of the injury he changed his bowling action. his action was unique, he is struggling with the new action which isn't flowing with him
Old August 31, 2017, 03:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
injury is the primary reason as because of the injury he changed his bowling action. his action was unique, he is struggling with the new acting which isn't flowing with him
One injury is all it takes to end a player's career !

It is like Mustafiz was gifted with a special power that has now been taken away.
Old August 31, 2017, 03:55 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I don't see the fire/hunger in his body language. He looks like he wants to hide in the field.
Somebody seriously need to have a plan for his rehabilitation because he is a great talent and a thinking bowler. Why can't he get his pace back up? The loss of pace is the root cause of his problem
Old August 31, 2017, 04:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I don't see the fire/hunger in his body language. He looks like he wants to hide in the field.
Somebody seriously need to have a plan for his rehabilitation because he is a great talent and a thinking bowler. Why can't he get his pace back up? The loss of pace is the root cause of his problem
He was bowling mid 130's first innings

He's lost confidence and Walsh hasn't helped at all, but he definitely needs a partner who can back up opposition like Roy and taskin

Old August 31, 2017, 04:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
It seems to me that his shoulder is giving him big problems.
Remember he used his cutters very well bowling 130kph?
Haven't seen him do that for a while now.

Where has his Yorkers gone? Something he doesn't bowl anymore.
I get the sense that he is trying to protect himself from getting injured again.
His more afraid/nervous/cautious with his bowling.. doesn't have the same freedom.
Old August 31, 2017, 04:40 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Mushfiq is not doing him any favors as captain. There were plenty of moments in the test match where Mushy could have brought Mustafiz back on for a short spell. Mushfiq's basic philosophy is if you pick a wicket you bowl whole day.. if you concede 10 runs in an over you are not a bowler anymore
Old August 31, 2017, 04:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Mushfiq is not doing him any favors as captain. There were plenty of moments in the test match where Mushy could have brought Mustafiz back on for a short spell. Mushfiq's basic philosophy is if you pick a wicket you bowl whole day.. if you concede 10 runs in an over you are not a bowler anymore
Nah, Mushy is a poor captain, but made sense to not bowl Fizz much yday. And he didn't show much signs of picking any wickets, Warner et al were reading him comfortably. I hope he can sort Himself out and get the pace up and action corrected.
Old August 31, 2017, 06:07 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

I think he just bowled 1 over in the innings. You cant judge if a bowler is gonna take wickets based on just one over. That is not fair to any bowler who gets picked for a test match
Old August 31, 2017, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Too many commercials ads. Too much taka made in short time coming from a humble background. Money can be one big distraction, for some.

His body language is not the same as seen in his first year of all the series's, in his first ipl. He was so like a child jumping up and down, chirpy after a wicket. Just looks now like a man kind of satisfied with life with the income made already and wants to get away from cricket!
His body language now looks dull and inspiring, and a bit confused on how to play cricket anymore.

Yes, there was the injury. How long has it been now?
Excuse can be made about the long injury. But what about his body language and effort? Where is his mind these days?

Young fella, from a humble background made amazing start to international cricket for Bangladesh, took the world by storm and has earned all sorts such quickly. Good on you lad! Hope you make even more money. But please come back, to the origin source of success and get your kind into it, properly.

PS
I'm not talking about this test match. This has been going on for a while, in general. If bowling coach has forces to change his action then he should be sacked. Don't fix it if it's already fixed.
Old August 31, 2017, 12:40 PM
Cricket Savant

One bad over, he could've easily cost us the game. Good decision by Bonaparte not to bowl him. This is crunch time international game ladies and gentlemen. Not frikkin IPL. It would be hard for rookie to maintain his nerve and jitters.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 31, 2017, 12:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

He needs to find a good girl and see if he get his mojo back.

Marry and have a few kids
Old August 31, 2017, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
I think he just bowled 1 over in the innings. You cant judge if a bowler is gonna take wickets based on just one over. That is not fair to any bowler who gets picked for a test match
He wasn't really threatening at any point anyway and he went for some runs in that one over. Can't blame Mushy for not using pacers in the fourth innings. Makes sense to give spinners maximum number of overs in that scenario.
Old August 31, 2017, 01:18 PM
Test Cricketer

One thing nobody is considering is that our behind the wicket fielding has been very poor. We miss simplest of the catches. It nearly cost us the Mirpur test. Shoumya let off Warner while he was 17 or 18. Then Tamim missed an even simpler catch after Warner already has done the damage. If fast bowlers do not have faith on the slip fielders or the captain does not put bodies in there, quicks will bowl predictably and will invariably be whacked around. BTW, Mustafizur bowled nicely in the first Innings. One bad over should not have banished him form the second Innings. I can understand the decision but it did not help the young guy's moral.
Old September 1, 2017, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Too many commercials ads. Too much taka made in short time coming from a humble background. Money can be one big distraction, for some.

His body language is not the same as seen in his first year of all the series's, in his first ipl. He was so like a child jumping up and down, chirpy after a wicket. Just looks now like a man kind of satisfied with life with the income made already and wants to get away from cricket!

His body language now looks dull and inspiring, and a bit confused on how to play cricket anymore.

Yes, there was the injury. How long has it been now?
Excuse can be made about the long injury. But what about his body language and effort? Where is his mind these days?

Young fella, from a humble background made amazing start to international cricket for Bangladesh, took the world by storm and has earned all sorts such quickly. Good on you lad! Hope you make even more money. But please come back, to the origin source of success and get your kind into it, properly.

PS
I'm not talking about this test match. This has been going on for a while, in general. If bowling coach has forces to change his action then he should be sacked. Don't fix it if it's already fixed.
Strongly believe this. It happens.

If BCB needs to resurrect his career.

1) Needs a proper coach to work alongside him. Walsh is NOT going to help any pace improve. Needs to improve his pace. If Pandya can bowl at 140 as an all rounder, i dont see why Musta or Taskin cant.
2) Get him to focus on domestic cricket, get some form back.
Old September 1, 2017, 01:33 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

When he was picking 5 wkt hauls vs India he didnt really need Mushfiq's backing. When he was on a hat trick against SA in the test series he also didnt need the captain's support. Players need their captain most when they are going through a difficult phase, when the morale is down and confidence is low. A captain's role is to lift the entire 11 and not piggy back on two successful bowlers for the day. I am not saying Mustafiz would have broken the partnerships when it got dangerous.. i am saying he should have been tried because he used to be the 2nd match winner after Shakib just a year ago. Are we already writing him off so much that even a short spell in a Test match ( not t20) is too risky? What is next for him after this test where he has had no role to play? Does he become a story of what could have been like Talha, Nazmul etc?
Old September 1, 2017, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

i blame the friggen ipl
Old September 1, 2017, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
i blame the friggen ipl