facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 20, 2007, 04:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
Ofcourse they are creating a vacuum. Name a few people who is in the pipeline. You may wanna call them corrupted and all the nasty **** you want, but they were damn good politicians.

Just to clarify, I am not saying that what is going on in bangladesh is good or bad. I am just asking people to consider whatever i wrote earlier. I belive the picture is as rosy as a lot of people paint it.

I understand your point but tell me what politician we would see if these ladies were to continue? they never tried to create any other than bringing in their bokeh jawa polapain in line to take their position.

Demand will create the right person. we will see who wants to stand up without the head. I already see Oli ahmed standing for BNP which is good for bangladesh.

We need to get out of the Bap-bou/mea-pola/nati circle.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Old April 20, 2007, 05:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I understand your point but tell me what politician we would see if these ladies were to continue? they never tried to create any other than bringing in their bokeh jawa polapain in line to take their position.

Demand will create the right person. we will see who wants to stand up without the head. I already see Oli ahmed standing for BNP which is good for bangladesh.

We need to get out of the Bap-bou/mea-pola/nati circle.
Bhai i am not saying demand will not be there for good politicians. But is there a supply?

And why would they want to create any1 else besides their own children? would you?
And as far as i know Sheikh hasina's son has not done anything criminal.
Getting out of a family circle is not a necessary condition either.
Old April 20, 2007, 05:10 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Given the corruption that has been going on since independence, isnt it a more practical assumption to make? You cannot just suddenly become a politician, it takes a while. So, it will be a while before they arrive.
Nobody said it would happen overnight, but with a reformed political and electoral system where true democracy can flourish, provided good people step forward and take responsibility, it should happen more productively as well as peacefully than it would under the corrupt rule of previous goverments.
Old April 20, 2007, 05:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Nobody said it would happen overnight, but with a reformed political and electoral system where true democracy can flourish, provided good people step forward and take responsibility, it should happen more productively as well as peacefully than it would under the corrupt rule of previous goverments.
I am not arguing with that. All i am saying that this process could be painfully slow.
Old April 20, 2007, 09:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutul
A related Hadith:

Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) said:
"When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour." It was asked, "How will honesty be lost, O Allah's Apostle?"

He (peace be upon him) said, "When authority is given to those who do not deserve it, then wait for the Hour.”

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.503, Narrated by Abu Huraira
tutul bhai...are you referring to the CTG or to the BNP/AL regimes???

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 20, 2007, 10:31 PM
Cricket Guru

IS she there yet?
Old April 20, 2007, 10:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
as far as i know Sheikh hasina's son has not done anything criminal.
Getting out of a family circle is not a necessary condition either.
Ever heard of MIG29 case? Never mind..

And if you don't see the problem of family circle than i have nothing to say to you. cause you don't like bangladesh to go forward...

Last edited by akabir77; April 20, 2007 at 11:10 PM..
Old April 20, 2007, 11:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Ever heard of MIG29 case? Never mind..

And if you don't see the problem of family circle than i have nothing to say to you. cause you don't like bangladesh to go forward...
Okay. I do not know the details of the mig 29 case. So, honestly i cannot comment on that.

And about the family circle, all i sed that it is not necessary for bangladesh to go forward. The problem is not the family circle it lies elsewhere.
Old April 21, 2007, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I never said such groups exist. I implied that the removal of these corrupt leaders changes the usual BNP or AL cycle of rule, and provides the opportunity for good, honest politicians to come forward and make an impact. To assume otherwise that there are no good politicians and groups, or can't be any is as astoundingly ridiculous. You might as well say there are no good people in Bangladesh who give a damn about this country.
Well lets wait and see,

Ershad launched similar tirades against "politicians" in 1982, and ended up being as corrupt as any politician , but the current CTG worshipers dont see that. They want to ignore any possibility that the CTG may not be good for us in the long run.

Whats the odds that some CTG worshipers are those who will get a chance to be corrupt or fill their pockets in the future, something that they wouldn't get under AL or BNP?

So automatically the CTG consists of "good politicians".

pakistan today has pretty corrupt people as well. They became corrupt under Musharraf, but do they admit that , of course not....

These same corrupt people criticized Nawaz Sharif and Benazir of corruption, only because they couldnt get their own hands in the loot.
Old April 21, 2007, 01:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Well lets wait and see,

Ershad launched similar tirades against "politicians" in 1982, and ended up being as corrupt as any politician , but the current CTG worshipers dont see that. They want to ignore any possibility that the CTG may not be good for us in the long run.

Whats the odds that some CTG worshipers are those who will get a chance to be corrupt or fill their pockets in the future, something that they wouldn't get under AL or BNP?

pakistan today has pretty corrupt people as well. They became corrupt under Musharraf, but do they admit that , of course not....

These same corrupt people criticized Nawaz Sharif and Benazir of corruption, only because they couldnt get their own hands in the loot.
ITs similar to what i am saying. you are just taking it one step further by even proposing that the CTG are not good people, which is a right question to ask, rather than taking it for granted.
Old April 21, 2007, 01:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
ITs similar to what i am saying. you are just taking it one step further by even proposing that the CTG are not good people, which is a right question to ask, rather than taking it for granted.
I am just proposing , and at the point, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as they havent really done anything stupid, apart from VOIP

What worries me is that, just like Hasina and Khaleda had their toadies, the current govt also has some supporters who believe this govt can do wrong. Any blind support is always surprising as it often implies either,

1) The supporters are too optimistic

2) The supporters will get personal benefits and thats why they refuse to see any faults.

As a result, some Yunus supporters were all in favor of opening up Bangladesh to foreign companies, opening up the ports to the US Navy, implementing IMF recommendations by drastically increasing prices of everything etc. etc.
Old April 21, 2007, 01:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I am just proposing , and at the point, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as they havent really done anything stupid, apart from VOIP

What worries me is that, just like Hasina and Khaleda had their toadies, the current govt also has some supporters who believe this govt can do wrong. Any blind support is always surprising as it often implies either,

1) The supporters are too optimistic

2) The supporters will get personal benefits and thats why they refuse to see any faults.

As a result, some Yunus supporters were all in favor of opening up Bangladesh to foreign companies, opening up the ports to the US Navy, implementing IMF recommendations by drastically increasing prices of everything etc. etc.
Yunus wants all that? I find that hard to believe.
Old April 21, 2007, 02:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yunus wants all that? I find that hard to believe.
I never said that he does.

There were speculations that the current CTG wanted a pro American Bangladesh with Yunus at its helm that would open itself to the IMF and WB. A no. of my friends who supported Yunus opined that, "even if we allow the US Navy to have a base at Chittagong, I wouldnt be too worried as long as Yunus wants that". So its just a situation where Yunus/CTG Supporters would support any hypothetical measure, including the ones I mentioned, as long as the govt supports it.
Old April 21, 2007, 02:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

There were speculations that the current CTG wanted a pro American Bangladesh with Yunus at its helm that would open itself to the IMF and WB. A no. of my friends who supported Yunus opined that, "even if we allow the US Navy to have a base at Chittagong, I wouldnt be too worried as long as Yunus wants that". So its just a situation where Yunus/CTG Supporters would support any hypothetical measure, including the ones I mentioned, as long as the govt supports it.
Then they would be no better than the chamchas of the two madams. as you predicted.
Old April 21, 2007, 03:49 AM

Quote:

Thats a strange thought. I cant imagine Prof Yunus actively supporting right-wing capitalism that he'd agree to IMF, American private investment and Navy Bases. Just look at the heartache he's giving Telenor, and the significant cutbacks Danone has had to make
Old April 21, 2007, 05:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Some people just wants to stick to the status quo of nepotism, corruption and dysfunctional democracy even though changes will benefit the country. These are nothing but hardcore reactionaries and should be ignored and not taken seriously.
Old April 21, 2007, 05:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Some people just wants to stick to the status quo of nepotism, corruption and dysfunctional democracy even though changes will benefit the country. These are nothing but hardcore reactionaries and should be ignored and not taken seriously.
What change?

Change that will let a new group of people be corrupt instead of the usual AL/BNP cronies?
Old April 21, 2007, 05:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Some people just wants to stick to the status quo of nepotism, corruption and dysfunctional democracy even though changes will benefit the country. .
Also forgot, Fakhruddin is reported to have a number of relatives in the current administration, including the Foreign Advisor. The Industry Advisor, Gitiara is also a relative of Dr. Fakhruddin.

Is that nepotism, or is it nepotism only when its AL/BNP involved?
Old April 21, 2007, 05:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
And some people are naive to assume that changes will unambigously benefit the country.
Old April 21, 2007, 05:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
And some people are naive to assume that changes will unambigously benefit the country.
Either they are naive, or they stand to personally gain from the changes either legally, or illegally . They may not care about the country as they are getting commissions from Tata or the IMF and they put their wallet's well being as more important than the country's well being
Old April 21, 2007, 11:17 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Well lets wait and see,

From my understanding support for CTG is widespread amongst the "neutrals", general public so to speak, not necessarily politicians or supporters who couldn't cut it with BNP or AL. There is no absolute certainty CTG or any of its so called worshippers trying to fill void of Hasina or Khaleda won't be just as corrupt, if there was such a guarantee Bangladesh wouldn't be where it is. CTG promised to deliver democracy in a free, fair election, and provided that they do, it's then up to the people to decide who they elect. If they just sit back and relax or turn a blind eye to things, then they probably deserve the live in corruption.
Old April 21, 2007, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
From my understanding support for CTG is widespread amongst the "neutrals", general public so to speak, not necessarily politicians or supporters who couldn't cut it with BNP or AL. .
Not really, the ones most supportive of the CTG are the "Gulshan Banani" crowd.

I personally thought initially that the CTG probably had 100% popularity. But then I noticed that most people who supported s seemed to be the rich elite. Ordinary people are indifferent towards the CTG.

One area in which the govt is very popular among people of all classes is their clampdown on Hartals and corrupt politicians.
Old April 21, 2007, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
CTG promised to deliver democracy in a free, fair election, and provided that they do, it's then up to the people to decide who they elect. If they just sit back and relax or turn a blind eye to things, then they probably deserve the live in corruption.
Very crucial point. In democracies, the people can vote out an unpopular govt. In martial law, its not that easy. Yes, it happenned in 1990, but more often than not, military govts. are notoriously hard to kick out (by civilians at least).
Old April 21, 2007, 11:46 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Not really, the ones most supportive of the CTG are the "Gulshan Banani" crowd.

I personally thought initially that the CTG probably had 100% popularity. But then I noticed that most people who supported s seemed to be the rich elite. Ordinary people are indifferent towards the CTG.

One area in which the govt is very popular among people of all classes is their clampdown on Hartals and corrupt politicians.
I haven't been to BD in a while, so I can't tell how everyone feels throughout Dhaka, let alone the whole country. Obviously rich quarters will benefit the most as their businesses and high lives should be running smoothly, but that doesn't mean they have no right to rejoice. I so far haven't seen CTG make many mistakes, except for the VOIP thing may be as you mentioned. Then again, there is nothing illegal about it.
Old April 21, 2007, 12:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I haven't been to BD in a while, so I can't tell how everyone feels throughout Dhaka, let alone the whole country. Obviously rich quarters will benefit the most as their businesses and high lives should be running smoothly, but that doesn't mean they have no right to rejoice. I so far haven't seen CTG make many mistakes, except for the VOIP thing may be as you mentioned. Then again, there is nothing illegal about it.
Inflation rates have been soaring, and they have not been able to do anything.
You ****ing need political power to get importers to import. They do not want to because of fear. Even though i feel that the CTG has good intentions, they need to get things right.