facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should BCB fire/sack Shane Jurgensen
Yes 20 40.00%
No 30 60.00%
None 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 28, 2013, 08:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Fire him as a bowling coach, but hire him as a permanent head coach. After successful series against WI and somewhat successful SL series, people want to fire him. And both are without Shakib. We have seen the results under Pybus in Holland and Scotland.

Old March 28, 2013, 08:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

You fire now you get nothing before IPL is over. I always said we need to keep him.
Old March 28, 2013, 09:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Yes we won against SL but i am not too pleased with the approach of our boys. Every batsman seemed to be in so rush as if we were chasing 12 runs per over. Mushy, Zia, Riyad did not need to be cheeky. I don't know what instruction was given those once Anamul and Jahurul got out unnecessarily.
Old March 28, 2013, 09:35 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Pacers should not behave like a herd of sheep being told what to do every single day or match situation. Rubel has receved coaching from Pont and so he knows what he needs to do at the nets. They should be able to assess the opposition batters strengths and weaknesses and develop gameplans to get them out. Running in hard and bowling short balls and acting surprised when the ball disappears to the boundary is not a gameplan. We need a pace bowling coach but we also need bowlers who can think by themselves and work on their own skills.
The only two pacers bowlers who have shown this ability are Mash and Shafiul, and also the stepson. The other pacers don't have it. The only way they might bowl better if there is a real pace bowling coach working with them.
Old March 28, 2013, 09:36 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We dont have the luxury of hiring and firing so often. Remember SJ hiring happened because we had very few alternatives. I think the best thing for us to do is to get him a strong support staff in terms of a good pace bowling coach and physio. Under him there is at least team harmony and the young guys seem to be settling in nicely. Last thing we need is a character like Dean Jones to unsettle what we got going right now.
Old March 28, 2013, 09:38 PM

SJ is doing as well as can be expected for any available head coach. But, he failed as the bowling coach, big time. BCB should hire a good bowling coach. Saqlain probably can teach the pacers better.
Old March 28, 2013, 09:39 PM

We really should stop these knee-jerk threads!
Old March 28, 2013, 09:50 PM
Banned

We are in a difficult situation now. The team is collectively progressing under SJ's guidance but not the pacers. I know we don't have a good stock of pace bowlers but there gotta be some sign of improvements if you work under a bowling coach for months. Unfortunately we haven't seen that. Now you can't hire another bowling coach because SJ won't take it very well. So what's the solution? Fire SJ? Not so easy I guess.
Old March 29, 2013, 04:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

jalo jalo agun jalo ....
Old March 29, 2013, 04:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

Quote:
We dont have the luxury of hiring and firing so often. Remember SJ hiring happened because we had very few alternatives. I think the best thing for us to do is to get him a strong support staff in terms of a good pace bowling coach and physio. Under him there is at least team harmony and the young guys seem to be settling in nicely. Last thing we need is a character like Dean Jones to unsettle what we got going right now.
get pont as bowling coach after two success with DG, i wont mind him to guide our pacers as well as motivate players to do well.
Old March 29, 2013, 05:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
The only two pacers bowlers who have shown this ability are Mash and Shafiul, and also the stepson. The other pacers don't have it. The only way they might bowl better if there is a real pace bowling coach working with them.
That's the point. SJ is our pace bowling coach for last over two years and he has failed to impact the pacer big time and even they have deteriorated from where Ian left them. S he has proven to be a crap in his own trade as a coach.

So a guy failed in his own department, can't just be assumed that he is behind our success as a team. Unless you can point that he did xx and that's why we have result yy.. Pure assumptions will be illogical due to his failure as the pace bowling coach.

The team started performing since Asia Cup under law...so it more logical to say that the team is just going through that motion or we have already achieved a standard that we will sustain irrespective of a head coach. If the head coach would be contributing, we should see marked improvement from Asia cup performance.

And if you go by departments, lets check where SJ is impacting the team and how much credit he should be given for these wins:

1. Pace Bowling: big negative for him
2. Spin Bowling: he has no business there
3. Fielding: has no business
4. Batting: I see him failing to fix problems of Mullah for example.... And pretty much regular guys performing. So can't give him much credit
5. Team strategies: he has shown major failures here, by picking 3 pacers, weird team combinations and batting orders were weird many times.. Didn't see any pro level strategies on display.
6. Misc: the only place I find he can be credited; he pursues a policy of non interference and allowing Mushy to work with all the freedom as he wants. If that's the only reason, team is winning the matches, then not having a coach could be even better.

As, he doesn't impact the team in any manner, so firing him, shouldn't matter to the team's performance...case closed.

NB: But well, since he has neither negative impact on the team, he can continue while we find out a good pace bowling coach and a head coach, who will impact the team positively; that will lift our team performance...while we will be floating as a team like this under him, with just the natural progression...
Old March 29, 2013, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I think some of us expect that a magician like gandalf will come in and suddenly our pacers will become world beaters. This is not going to happen. These are international bowlers, no one needs to tell them to not bowl short in an odi.
I know some fine tuning can be done, but I don't think players like abul will ever turn into a good pacer. We havr to change our system and try and produce better pacers. Except mashrafe and shafiul no one seems to have a basic cricket brain.
We can blame jurgeson as much as we want but the truth is, the problem is with the pacers. They simply aren't good enough, specially after 2 of our best pacers are injured
Old March 29, 2013, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Pacers should not behave like a herd of sheep being told what to do every single day or match situation. Rubel has receved coaching from Pont and so he knows what he needs to do at the nets. They should be able to assess the opposition batters strengths and weaknesses and develop gameplans to get them out. Running in hard and bowling short balls and acting surprised when the ball disappears to the boundary is not a gameplan. We need a pace bowling coach but we also need bowlers who can think by themselves and work on their own skills.
Well said brother. Sth all of us need the realize. Look at the brilliant application from the batsmen. Do we have a world class batting coach? No guys like Nasir learn from their experience and keep improving. They use intelligence when batting. We need bowlers who can do the same.
Old March 29, 2013, 10:13 AM

We have seen our pacers regress since SJ took over. However, the team performed pretty well overall since he took over as HC. I might be a minority here, but he should be retained as the full-time HC.

However, we need a real pace-bowling coach. Someone like Ian Pont or Aqib Javed or Vaas (unavailable).
Old March 29, 2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Well said brother. Sth all of us need the realize. Look at the brilliant application from the batsmen. Do we have a world class batting coach? No guys like Nasir learn from their experience and keep improving. They use intelligence when batting. We need bowlers who can do the same.
We only have two of that mold, Mash and Shafiul. Rubel and Abul has the physical capability, but not the rest of the package.
Old March 30, 2013, 02:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Hai re, Bangali!

If you fire Shane Jurgensen, who will you hire then?

How many A-list (or B-list or C-list) coaches are knocking down BCB's doors for this EXTREMELY LUCRATIVE job in an AMAZING, EXPAT-FRIENDLY city?
Old March 30, 2013, 03:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
We really should stop these knee-jerk threads!
Troll thread. He didn't answer my question. Mod hoiso kono kamer na.
Old March 30, 2013, 05:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
We already had an Ian McPont and I did see an immediate impact on our pace bowlers. Even of Rubel and Shahadat that we are thinking of consigning to permanent exile or worse.
This! As banfan pointed out nicely, SJ has not much to offer for this team as a head coach or a bowling coach. For those who thinks there is no one better out there who would be interested, I have a few suggestions: Ian Pont and McInnes.
Old March 30, 2013, 06:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
This! As banfan pointed out nicely, SJ has not much to offer for this team as a head coach or a bowling coach. For those who thinks there is no one better out there who would be interested, I have a few suggestions: Ian Pont and McInnes.
I also doubt about SJ's choice of pacers for last ODI. i would not even consider shahdat for any ODI or T20 match no matter how worst the situation is.
Old March 30, 2013, 06:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

His 3 pacer selection cost us 2nd Test. He fails miserably when it comes to strategy. His fails to improve our pacers yet, pack the team with more pacers. He just does not get it. Sure we did okay in SL, but I firmly believe under Pont we probably would have done a lot better.
Old March 30, 2013, 06:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
His 3 pacer selection cost us 2nd Test. He fails miserably when it comes to strategy. His fails to improve our pacers yet, pack the team with more pacers. He just does not get it. Sure we did okay in SL, but I firmly believe under Pont we probably would have done a lot better.
100% agree.
Old March 30, 2013, 07:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

He is a good for nothing coach.
No I was wrong, good for nothing are those who are not good not bad, this guy is rather bad.
Our fast bowling is on the back gear, didn't hear from any cricketer that he did something extraordinary or even something praise worthy.
Old March 30, 2013, 07:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
1. Fans don't choose nor they have any say on who is to coach a national team.

2. Our coach has a year contract with BCB. Unless he resigns, you and others can't get your wish fulfilled - which I doubt will happen. The current team results show he deserves something good instead of this 'fire him' thread.
Old March 30, 2013, 07:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Yes sure all the negative stuff in the team is due to JS and all the positive stuff that is going on (end result is the proof) is nothing to do with JS .... JS was just lucky.

I understand that logic... I have seen that kind of logic plenty of times...

"ashol kotha hochhe jare dekhte nari tar choron baka"

As for me, I care more about end result... if lucky head coach brings us good results, I am ok with that....I am just a murkho fan...don't care about over-analysis of the team, as long as team brings good results... that will make me happy.
Old March 30, 2013, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Can you give the SL fast bowlers and BD fast bowlers for the current series.

Kisu kisu manush'rey monay hoi agey duita ..lagai tar por kotha. Jotto shob.
Test Series V Sri Lanka (SL Pacers)

1. RMS Eranga (6 wickets @ 66.6 SR)
2. KMDN Kulasekara ( 5 Wickets @ 73.2 SR)

Test Series V Sri Lanka (BD Pacers)

1. Abul Hasan ( 3 wickets @ 128.0 SR)
2. Shahadat Hossain (1 wicket @ 180 SR)

Both Robiul and Rubel stats not included as they did not play first test. In the first test pacers of Sri Lanka dominated our pacers on a batting paradise. I think Bangladesh pacers deserves credit for the second test as they did better than SL pacers, then again should SJ take credit for Robiul?