facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 3, 2019, 05:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightman

However, whatever we say, he, liton mosa & shabir will be persisted with unless and untill we find a better player.
We can add Saifuddin and Miraz to this. So we will have six Pandob. Out of current Ponco Pandob, 4 will remain for five more years . So we will have a good set of core players. We need a fast bowler (may be Taskin) and a leg spinner. We are all set.

Old July 3, 2019, 09:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

He will come good again insha Allah. He was going through the best batting time of his life until this world cup.... the worst time to lose form. same thing Happened to Martin Guptill by the way...
Old July 3, 2019, 10:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Actually I prefer Ebadot over Taskin. His seam position is so beautiful. He really should have been taken to the WC this time
Old July 4, 2019, 02:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousGuy
Sarkar is a very talented player. But, that talent needs to result in performance. Otherwise, talent has no value.

I hope he will return to form soon.
Tamim started his career almost like this. Give the lad some time. He seems to be working on things unlike Liton
Old July 4, 2019, 09:53 AM
Cricket Savant

He himself said in an ICC interview one liner that he is playing the role of 'sheet anchor'. My question is WHICH MORON murubbiana atel told him to play like that and change his approach? So that he can dish us a savoring 200 every innings by getting 'settled'? Pst.

You adapt in cricket moron. There is no template for genius.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 4, 2019, 09:59 AM
Cricket Savant

I can already hear some voices in my head:

-Tamim k amader dorkar
-Tamim aste aste khelte bolun [insert your favorite bhai]
-pitch subidhar na... aste aste khelun

WHICH brings me to another fine print. These idiotic think tank keeps thinking as if pitch decides everything and is be-all-end-all. WTF.

It's the APPROACH. It's the MINDSET that dictates your game and not in LITERAL sense the "uthaan". If you got balls, you can go to a 4th day wicket and still play as if you mean it taking calculated risk.

We played too defensively.
That idiot Sanjee said: "pitch is turning now" WHICH DIDN'T... <--- This put doubt and someone whispered something to someone and boom! before we know it we went into a shell and couldn't chase down 313 in this modern day and age of cricket of T20. /I am being a little facetious. See my "Negative propaganda thread"

And as far as you moronic fans... well guess what? All these cynicism, negativity, khutkhute, jinxing, not jinxing came back to bite us on the back. Nojor na lagaite lagiate emon lagaise ulta amader gaye aisha porse... jottoshob

If we are gonna crash, I don't need YOU to tell me how sh---ty the life is of mankind. Goddamn sometimes negativity can rub on you like cancer and virus.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 4, 2019, 10:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Context. Context matters a lot.

Biggest reason why Tamim has adjusted to play like he does is because we are used to seeing collapse and the moment Tamim is out early Bangladesh doesn't post a competitive total. This world cup Shakib stepped up big time but other time we barely post 200 or any other subpar total once Tamim is out early in case any of us have short term memory.... now that we have enough hitters and players Alhamdulillah who can continue the good start and work maybe he can switch back to playing like he normally does early in his career.

secondly, He is a professional. He knows his strengths, he knows his limitations, he knows what works for him and what doesn't. I expect him to come back strongly. .

Dropping a player of his calibre and experience is foolish and immature given that almost every match in this world cup he got a start but got out due to exceptional bowling and fielding from the opposition(think Cottrell run out, Shami delivery, Nabi delivery and other instances). In a world cup situation, yeah he failed but I expect him to get better.
Old July 4, 2019, 11:15 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

Biggest reason why Tamim has adjusted to play like he does is because we are used to seeing collapse and the moment Tamim is out early Bangladesh doesn't post a competitive total. This world cup Shakib stepped up big time but other time we barely post 200 or any other subpar total once Tamim is out early in case any of us have short term memory.... now that we have enough hitters and players Alhamdulillah who can continue the good start and work maybe he can switch back to playing like he normally does early in his career.

secondly, He is a professional. He knows his strengths, he knows his limitations, he knows what works for him and what doesn't. I expect him to come back strongly. .

Dropping a player of his calibre and experience is foolish and immature given that almost every match in this world cup he got a start but got out due to exceptional bowling and fielding from the opposition(think Cottrell run out, Shami delivery, Nabi delivery and other instances). In a world cup situation, yeah he failed but I expect him to get better.
summed up perfectly
Old July 4, 2019, 10:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Still by FAR the most prolific opener we've produced. The rest are all Al Shahriar Rokon's compared to Tamim. He's not great in crunch matches, which was, I suppose, every match this world cup barring the Pakistan game.

He's very consistent in bilaterals, however, and that's worth noting.
Old July 4, 2019, 10:36 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

We have enough players now to handle collapse. There is no reason for tamim to play like the 90s anymore.

Collapse can still happen as this is part of the game. But I assure you 8 out of 10 times BD will not collapse now even if tamim goes for a duck
Old July 4, 2019, 10:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
We have enough players now to handle collapse. There is no reason for tamim to play like the 90s anymore.

Collapse can still happen as this is part of the game. But I assure you 8 out of 10 times BD will not collapse now even if tamim goes for a duck
I am inclined to agree. However few factors:

1) Remember when Heath Streak was coach, we had a very potent bowling attack and what happened after he left? the same ole students forgot how to bowl apparently...

What if similar things happen when Neil Mckenzie leaves... what do we do then?.

The best thing to do for any player in any situation is the following:

Play each ball according to it's merit without premeditating. the only two players i can name from the top of my head in Bangladesh who mastered such art is Shakib al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim. no-one else even comes close...

let Tamim play his own brand of cricket that which he knows best. If he fails tomorrow and then in the next two bilateral series after that, then we can gradually bench him and try someone else... Benching someone is the biggest unspoken motivator ever. Just look at what it did to Litton Das.
Old July 4, 2019, 10:57 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
I am inclined to agree. However few factors:

1) Remember when Heath Streak was coach, we had a very potent bowling attack and what happened after he left? the same ole students forgot how to bowl apparently...

What if similar things happen when Neil Mckenzie leaves... what do we do then?.
If that is the case then there is big problem..we need to get these bodais out of this spoon feeding mentality. Letting tamim play the way he is playing is just temporary fix and not addressing the main issue
Old July 4, 2019, 11:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
If that is the case then there is big problem..we need to get these bodais out of this spoon feeding mentality. Letting tamim play the way he is playing is just temporary fix and not addressing the main issue
exactly. learning how to learn is a key skill to succeed in life. Shakib has it. if Bangladesh is to progress as a nation we have to get rid of this "Mukhkhosto bidhdha" mentality...
Old July 4, 2019, 11:09 PM
Cricket Sage

People like Shakib and Mushy succeeds cause of three things:

they work really hard.
they learn from mistakes
they know how to adapt to situations.

the youngsters should learn too...
Old July 5, 2019, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Soumyas failings have a lot to do with Tamims lack of rotation. He gets out more often than not playing needless shots trying to compensate for the dot balls.
Old July 5, 2019, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Embarrassing, his world cup performances
Old July 5, 2019, 09:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Looks overweight too. Clearly runs out of gas easily. And I saw somewhere, he talked about fitness. LOL
Old July 5, 2019, 09:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

To be fair to Tamim. He has done well since 2015 wc to leading upto this wc but this wc he has gone back 10 years. What’s gone wrong? Lack of drive? Motivation? Easily comfortable with life and being successful in other areas?
Old July 5, 2019, 09:49 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

while every other opener moved on he is still stuck in the 90s and thinks 100 of 130 balls now a days is a good knock
Old July 5, 2019, 09:52 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricLoverUK
To be fair to Tamim. He has done well since 2015 wc to leading upto this wc but this wc he has gone back 10 years. What’s gone wrong? Lack of drive? Motivation? Easily comfortable with life and being successful in other areas?
no he thought his 77 SR batting will work in this patta of pitches like it works in BD. This is the thought process where tamim failed. Most of his outs have been trying to get in snickey single with blocking

I said before the WC that even though his Avg is 3rd best in the world in last 3 years, the other players have a SR of minimum 95 where his SR is 77. I doubted if this will work in this world cup and my fears came true
Old July 5, 2019, 09:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Tamim is just holding up the place. He should be nowhere near our next wc squad.
Old July 5, 2019, 10:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

বাংলাদেশের নরম শরম মেডিয়া এন্ড সাম আবেগি পাব্লিক বি লাইক..

"আজ বাংলাদেশকে প্রায় অসম্ভব ৮ রান করা থেকে ঠেকিয়ে রাখতে পারলেই পাকিস্তান সেমিফাইনালে খেলার সুযোগ পেতো!
কিন্তু আমাদের প্রবীণ মুষ্টিযোদ্ধা তামিম একাই পাকিস্তানের সেমিফাইনালের সেই স্বপ্নকে ভেঙ্গে চুরমার করে দিয়ে এসেছে!
তামিম দেশে ফিরলেই পল্টন ময়দানে সম্বর্ধনার আয়োজন করা হোক !
৮ রান করে পাকদের সেমিতে যাওয়ার পথ বন্ধ করে দিলেন তামিম।। একাত্তরের পর বিশ্বকাপে আরেক বীরত্বের গল্প রচনা করলেন তামিম ।।"

Go TIGERS GO...
Old July 5, 2019, 10:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Haha, everytime Tamim looks out of form he starts looking "mota"
Old July 5, 2019, 10:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

He looked to be non-motivated and acted unprofessional.
Old July 5, 2019, 10:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Even if he scored a 50 at 77 strike rate I'll be happy with that but at the moment he cannot even score a proper test strike rate 30