facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 27, 2011, 03:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Arrey bhai eita khubi bhabnaar bishoi...ektu bhebe dekhte hobey agey...tarpor kichu bolbo...
Apna k 2 mas somoy deoa holo vabar jonno. Eta shorto shapekkhay bordhito kora jete pare.

Old June 27, 2011, 04:15 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Don't care what he does in IPL, english country cricket, etc as long as he serve our nation like he have been doing for last 5 yrs or so...
Old June 27, 2011, 04:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Don't care what he does in IPL, english country cricket, etc as long as he serve our nation like he have been doing for last 5 yrs or so...
I want him to keep getting better, not stay the same.
Old June 27, 2011, 05:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

yet or ipl,county wicket niye lafalafi....
Old June 27, 2011, 05:40 PM
Cricket Savant

@all those who don't care, this is the real syndrome of batting deficiencies. Whereas foreign class players would take any format as blessing and strive to perform well translating their game in 'real' tourneys and piledrive opponents (read:Watson who apparently is in the Guiness Book now after Dhaka saga), if our player(s)can't muster enough motivation to perform well in these formats, then don't start crying for losing to associates.

One's performance is a continuum and translates from one to another. A man of his calibre should have no excuse to make scores with robust SR in these formats.
Old June 27, 2011, 07:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

^ ditto.
Old June 27, 2011, 08:05 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I don't understand why people are being so hyper about his batting form. I feel some people really need to take a deep breath and relax. You guys have to realize that T20 batting is not his strong suit and is the reason why he's struggling. Take in to account that he's also not the best batsman in English conditions as well. Once the Zimbabwe series comes around, we'll all forget about this"worried batting form."
i honestly dont remember a solid innings by him since the 100 against a dead Kiwis side.... thats why we are hyper. Note: a "gaveup style" 40-50 runs is not a solid innings!
Plus, if he cant even make 20s coming onto number 4 in county, than how is he gonna perform in international competition???
Old June 27, 2011, 10:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
i honestly dont remember a solid innings by him since the 100 against a dead Kiwis side.... thats why we are hyper. Note: a "gaveup style" 40-50 runs is not a solid innings!
Plus, if he cant even make 20s coming onto number 4 in county, than how is he gonna perform in international competition???
So all of a sudden that innings should be considered a dead Kiwis side? How were the Kiwis a "dead side"? And don't agree that was his last solid innings. Against Zimbabwe, in that loss he scored a 63 when everyone else failed and then a 73 which gave us a competitive score that match. That 55 against India was a good innings in my opinion. And then the England match where he scored 30 odd and made that crucial partnership with Imrul in the win. So he's been good in my opinion.

Also your point about not scoring well in counties. Well your question should have already been answered when Shakib scored that century and half century against the Kiwis. He was our best batsman that series despite being poor in counties with the bat.
Old June 27, 2011, 10:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

At first I wasn't worried, but seeing him fail with the bat so frequently is a bit worrying. And as many pointed out, i think this has to do with T20, from the games I have seen him play[T20], he was never in the right mind set, caught up between going all in or holding back.

I think Shakib's batting is best suited for ODIs. I am a bit concerned, but knowing what's inside of him, I know he will come back
Old June 28, 2011, 06:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
@all those who don't care, this is the real syndrome of batting deficiencies. Whereas foreign class players would take any format as blessing and strive to perform well translating their game in 'real' tourneys and piledrive opponents (read:Watson who apparently is in the Guiness Book now after Dhaka saga), if our player(s)can't muster enough motivation to perform well in these formats, then don't start crying for losing to associates.

One's performance is a continuum and translates from one to another. A man of his calibre should have no excuse to make scores with robust SR in these formats.
For the same reason most our players aren't normally invited IPL or other major leagues. They cann't perform equally in every format. Our players perform so so in ODI, worse in Test and worst in T20 format. And it reflects in the results of our 3 format matches.