facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 13, 2005, 12:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
Quote:
Originally posted by capslock
I agree, during the Zimbabwe tour he also got Stuart Matsikanery confused with Dinesh Kaneria(!) of Pakistan, and ended up calling him 'Stuart Matsikaneria'!
lol....
and now you yourself got Danish Kaneria of Pakistan confused with Dinesh Karthik of India.....

Chill out buddy... these things happen to all of us!

Heh, you're right, but I am not a commentator, and I don't do it 35 times in a row.

Old July 13, 2005, 12:33 PM
Test Cricketer

He can put BD point of view but that should balanced with the impartial assesment of the situation at hand. He is there as resource person BD cricket. However, when he just becomes a cheer leader for BD cricketer, he looses that position. I wonder he will be invited back by Sky sports in a future international event unless it is played in BD and involves BD team.

Edited on, July 13, 2005, 5:36 PM GMT, by LateCut.
Old July 13, 2005, 12:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Atahar Ali-he is the only one we got. Ravi Shastri, Rameez Raja, the British, Australian commentators, they all do that.(bit aggressive too). A. Ali is kinda mellow and not agressive like the others. Then again, you donot want to be aggressive when you have a slight tilt towards an underdog teams like us.
Old July 13, 2005, 01:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

You guys missed the most hilarious one. Atahar calls Asutralia's "Ponting" as "Pointing".

Still he is our best commentator. And he is figting for our team.
Old July 13, 2005, 01:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by lance_klusner
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Forgot to mention one more thing : the way Athar has been defending Bangladesh from the harshness and extremeties of other commentators deserves more praise than any criticism you may direct towards him for his biased commentary.
Hey Dude...u r right...

Athar Ali Khan deserves more praise than criticism.

Even a normal Bangladeshi who has been living abroad cant or wont be able to bear that much harshness or criticisms which i think Athar Ali has been bearing....whn we are not being able to perform nicely...

Me as Bangladeshi cant bear much whn pp from other countires especially the Indians & Pakis say so much bad about out cricket and there are many more Bangladeshi who also cnat bear this but we should thank Athar that he is all cool in regard to this.

We cant say him a lousy commentator as he is the only one who came forward for the commentary thing. He is more of a selector than a comentator.

Sometimes, i wonder why the hell r'nt there ny1 else other than Athar in commentating, may be its bcoz every1 afraid that they wont be able to bear the criticims/harshness/etc by other country commentators or ppls....

So, i would make it clear that we just cant say nything bad even if he happens to have some negative thinkings while commentating....i agree his English mite be of poor quality but u gotta admit his Eng is ahead comp to the Bangladeshi standard of English....

agree

go athar go!!!
Old July 13, 2005, 02:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Forgot to mention one more thing : the way Athar has been defending Bangladesh from the harshness and extremeties of other commentators deserves more praise than any criticism you may direct towards him for his biased commentary.
I totally agree with you. We need some one to speak for us. And who better to do that than a BD Selector/Ex-player. He is more involved with BD cricket than most of the Ex-players.
Old July 13, 2005, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

I do have only one humble question to all our Atahar bashers in this board. Do you wanna see him commentating with all his poor english and bias commentary(and what not) or you rather dont want to see a BD commentator representing our cricket in global tv networks? Do ask your conscience!
Old July 13, 2005, 03:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Yeah, few years ago Bangladesh Cricket Broard Saff didn't even know what 'Wisden' or 'CricInfo' was.
As I said before, we should be cheering him, because he represents our country as only internationl commentator from Bangladesh.

Edited on, July 13, 2005, 8:25 PM GMT, by Locutus.
Old July 13, 2005, 04:13 PM
Street Cricketer

salaams
atahar ali khan is doing great job.........a job which no other bangladeshi seemed to have dared to do so whys the fuss? he is not the only brown commentator making mistakes so chill out ppl.........so get something to chew on, instead of this guy's neck
Old July 13, 2005, 05:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Hai Guys listen, yea I resuest you guys listen,,, lots of time many commentators made biased comments against us. Athar Ali simply support our players and try to protect from harsh comment. besides do you think when English commentator pronunce our players name thats are correct?
Old July 13, 2005, 05:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
not a good enough excuse to carry on a bad commentry job...
Old July 13, 2005, 05:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by adnan_zaman
salaams
atahar ali khan is doing great job.........a job which no other bangladeshi seemed to have dared to do
why??? what so daring about being a commentator??

if indians, sri lankans and pakistanis can be commentator....so can we......
Old July 13, 2005, 05:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene
Do you wanna see him commentating with all his poor english and bias commentary(and what not) or you rather dont want to see a BD commentator representing our cricket in global tv networks?
i would rather not see him representing our cricket in global tv network if he cant fix himself...

and i am not critical of his english......it's similar to that west indies commentator (forgot his name)...i am critical of his annoying commentating which lacks professionalism, ability to be neutral and manners....speak in a live telecast watched by millions and say there "take that australia"....

i would rather have 40 english and aussie commentators bashing our cricket team than have him embarass us even more.....

bangladesh has silenced those commentators with their victory....if they want to blabber on...let them... lets face it, its action that counts, not their words...
Old July 13, 2005, 06:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Well, Botham has been a commentator for years, and is a very highly rated one, has commentated in all big tournaments - and is very biased towards England, some of the things he has said about Australia this year have been a bit stupid.
Old July 13, 2005, 07:34 PM
Cricket Legend

ok enough is enough abt Atahar. He has fault. But who has not. Tell me one commentator who is not biased. To the Indians (except Sidhu and Sanjay M) 10du is close to God (specially to Ravi & Gavaskor), Ramij R and A Soheil, they are crap. Holding only knows lara bashing. About the biasness of english commentator the less the better. They are worse than the Indian and Pakistanies. to me most of the Austrailians are more objective in their commentry, but still there are some silly one. Regarding accent, evry country has its own. Most of the time I could not understand wht D Llyod is saying, same is also true for S Warne. Does this make them bad or Lousy commentator. I think not. So why this fault would made Atahar bad? Is not it double standard.
Old July 13, 2005, 08:18 PM
Banned

i don't get this topic...man listen whoever has written this topic he should rethink, we've been hearing so much annoying comments before our first test victory. Even before beating Aussies, our players were continuously bullied by the so called " intellectual cricket thinkers". Now we've achieved glory beating Aussies, and we've every right to say some speeches back to them. And I srongly support what Athar Ali Khan said, and that's the spirit of Bengal Tiger.....Long Live Bangladesh

Edited on, July 14, 2005, 1:20 AM GMT, by vindeshi.
Old July 13, 2005, 08:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by vindeshi
our players were continuously bullied by the so called " intellectual cricket thinkers". Now we've achieved glory beating Aussies, and we've every right to say some speeches back to them

i dont get how media bashing by intellectual cricket thinkers have anything to do with atar ali being a lousy commentator......its totally different arguement....
Old July 13, 2005, 08:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

To me Athat Ali is ok...may be he is not perfect but he is doing his job as commentator reasonably fine.

And I can't understand why tiger_man is critisizong Athar for saying 'take that australia'.....I heard Ravi Shastri, Ramij Raza and many other from Australia or New Zealand say that during their match ....

One thing mate...the other commentators and the TV company know very well that Athar is a formar national player, was involved in our first ever ODI win, was first MOM for us, and now a national selector...it is natural for him to show some emotions....and they want to see that....they don't want some professional unbiased commentry from him...for that they could choose anyone ..does even not need to be a Banglsdeshi....have you heard Ian Botham when england plays.....he is quite biased..and that why they take him.....for unbiased commentry they have people like mark nicolas...and others....

Athar Ali ...welldone to you..keep it up.....
Old July 13, 2005, 09:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

Wonderfully said Roaring_tiger, u've just said what was in my mind
Old July 13, 2005, 09:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

I agree with Beamer.....Common u dont expect Athar to be Bill Lawry or Boycott...The language isnt important.....the question is has he been able to make an interesting conversation...I wud say yes..hees .learning...he wud certainly improve
Old July 13, 2005, 09:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

BTW: The aussie commentators did reply " oh oh were taking it alright" Also they were the ones to ask athar how he was feeling. I'm glad that he said it. I'm sure if England wins the ashes who knows what those commentators might say.

If i was Athat i'd say something in Bengali i'd probaly swear in bengali to the other commentators too.
Old July 13, 2005, 11:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

i am apologizing to the mods first of all, but i cant resist myself from asking this openly, is this tiger_man the same guy as bangla_amar_maa and dukha and..god i forgot the rest! I mean, its one thing to be silly, and a completely different thing to make stubborn remarks that NEVER makes sense.
Old July 14, 2005, 01:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
i am apologizing to the mods first of all, but i cant resist myself from asking this openly, is this tiger_man the same guy as bangla_amar_maa and dukha and..god i forgot the rest! I mean, its one thing to be silly, and a completely different thing to make stubborn remarks that NEVER makes sense.
tiger-man is definitely not dukha or bangla amar maa. I think we all know who that is now.
Old July 14, 2005, 01:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by mwrkhan
tiger-man is definitely not dukha or bangla amar maa. I think we all know who that is now.
who ??
Old July 14, 2005, 02:25 AM
Club Cricketer

i dun gve a damn if he calls ponting pointing or fonting cuz foreigh commentators dunt pronounce bd players name correctly either.