facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 2, 2006, 06:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
.... And the definition of 'good performance' has changed over the last 5 to 10 years.
I agree with this. Dujon and Gilly changed the whole concept of W/K - batsman to Batsman - W/K . May be due this reason crap W/K dhoni/jones play for national team while Read sits down.

Old April 2, 2006, 07:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Either you have a good sense of humour or you lack knowledge about bangladeshi team or you might be plain stupid. Sorry to be rude but can't help it. Won't say anything more because I feel this thread should be deleted ASAP. Moderators should take action.
Old April 2, 2006, 08:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Miraz
I don't think Alam bhai has really posted anything stupid. Alam's concern is quite reasonable. Khaled Mashud is really a very good wicketkeeper and not a good batsman. His last five test avg is 14 and highest score is 26.
Pilots ave. in last 20 ODI matches is 39.87 and last 20 Test matches is 21.55.

Yes, test batting-wise his ave. is nothing special. But you can find a good number of our Top order batsmen around his average in Test matchs. But r u sure there are lot many people around him in case of ODI batting right now? Then should we have seperate Wicketkeepers for ODI & Tests?

For a country which has not yet produced any 'genuin-allrounder' (who can be selected for the team for any of his abilities in Batting/Bowling/WK) ... players like Pilot are very handy I must say.... unless his batting form seriously drops and stays low for several series in both Tests & ODI (not just 5 test matches).
Old April 2, 2006, 08:16 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
Quote:
Originally posted by Miraz
I don't think Alam bhai has really posted anything stupid. Alam's concern is quite reasonable. Khaled Mashud is really a very good wicketkeeper and not a good batsman. His last five test avg is 14 and highest score is 26.
Pilots ave. in last 20 ODI matches is 39.87 and last 20 Test matches is 21.55.

players like Pilot are very handy I must say.... unless his batting form seriously drops and stays low for several series in both Tests & ODI (not just 5 test matches).
Ahmed_b, if you count 20 tests then its about 3 years span (includes tests of 2003-2006). It is now 2006 and we badly need a btter batsman than Pilot.

Pilot is handy no doubt. But in recent years his test batting really deteriorated. Even in last 10 matches (between 2004/05-2006) his avg is 17. He has no fifty in last 20 test innings he played.

I am certainly not showing any disrespect to him but truth is he is not delivering up to the mark as a batsman.

I am again saying he should be with BD team unless we find a better one (like Rahim or Dheeman) ready.

Edited on, April 2, 2006, 1:17 PM GMT, by Miraz.

Edited on, April 2, 2006, 1:19 PM GMT, by Miraz.
Old April 2, 2006, 08:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Khaled Masud is the best wicketkeeper we have.
Old April 2, 2006, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Just like Ahmed bhai mentioned, we hardly have any allrounders in our team and why should it be different for masud? Our top batman Bashar has an odi average of 19 and don't even bowl.... maybe we should drop him too... what do you say??
Old April 2, 2006, 09:04 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Friends, We all know the ability of Bashar as a batsman I don't want to use a single word to compare him with Pilot.

& I am talking about test cricket
Old April 2, 2006, 09:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Yes, miraz. You are right. I also think M. Rahim should be given some chances to play against ZIM/KEN since pilot will not be playing for BD forever.

Also if M. Rahim is really ready to do wicketkeeping confidently(which I guess he can), and put some more runs than pilot does on board, why not we go for replacement? Alam bhai is right. When there is chance to compete, there is urge to improve.

Wicketkeeper's job is to do well behind the wickets. It always comes handy if he can bat up in the order and score more than 30 runs. We should support aggregate benefit of the team then the personal likings.

Pilot has major contributions in BD cricket. We should pay respect to him. That does not mean that he can be as wicketkeeper as long as he wants.

As I am always with experienced, I am with pilot if he concetrates on his batting and scores more run than 30. Otherwise I am with M. Rahim if he can do wicketkeeping in a way appropriate for this level.
Old April 2, 2006, 09:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sadi
Just like Ahmed bhai mentioned, we hardly have any allrounders in our team and why should it be different for masud? Our top batman Bashar has an odi average of 19 and don't even bowl.... maybe we should drop him too... what do you say??
With due respect to sadi, did u mean than until we have alrounder in our team or Bashar does not make his average healthier, there is no reason why pilot should improve to stay in the team?
Old April 2, 2006, 06:04 PM
Club Cricketer

I don't know what you guys understan from my comments. I just want to make a clear that Khalad Masud will not stay with bd team consistenly but now is time to make one genius Wicket keeper who would be Batting well as well as Wicket Keeper. Since we know that Khald Masoud not in good performance so now we need to give chance to Rahim to play at least one whole serious. If you keep taking one batesman or bowler and they are not doing well they would think that I don't even care about wether we lose or win. Now my question is if BCCS give Khalad Masud break and put Rahim into the team then who will realize that if I will get any chance then I will try my best to something well for our team. BCCS pick Khalad every team and not giving Rahim. Rahim is batasman like Aftab Ahamed and Asraful. Let me give you example about Ragan Shala you saw after he got break for a while and when he got the chcnae and he made century that what i ment by Khalad Masud. thansk guys
Old April 2, 2006, 06:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

he is too important for us. don't talk this BS until the next world cup. but prepare Mushfiq for the worst...
Old April 2, 2006, 06:36 PM
Cricket Legend

We did try to replace Pilot with Mohammad Selim after the world cup. But he turned out to be worse than Pilot in batting and keeping. Mushfique needs more experience as Sahgir and others. How will you feel if our wicketkeeper misses a easy stumping as Kennedy Otieno did in the last match? Pilot is reasonably safe wicketkeeper. HE IS THE BEST WE HAVE.
Old April 2, 2006, 07:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by cricketboy
HE IS THE BEST WE HAVE.
I concur with you 110%.
Old April 2, 2006, 07:35 PM

Metallian:

Pilot has a century against West Indies. Isn't it?
Old April 2, 2006, 07:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashrafooooooool

Quote:
Originally posted by BD Tigers
This is utter stupidity. I am sorry Alam bhai but i failed to understand how much u know abt BD cricket.

Ditto AsifTheManRahman, there shud be some rule for the new comers.
DITTO to this post ... this is recursive ditto.
Old April 2, 2006, 07:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Pilot has served a lot to BD cricket. After WC we should say him bye and start with more capable batsman like Rahim.

Bob Taylor or Alan Knott? The first one could keep, the second one could bat. Interesting dilemna.

This does not apply to us yet because: we have not produced a batsman-keeper who can bat better than Pilot.

Should we blood a new up-n-commer every other test series- sure. Believe me, if there is a bat-kpr (Selim, Mushy, 12-stepped Mehrab or whoever..) who can ave 30-40 with the bat, the post AUS-RSA-400+ think-tank will overlook the occassional bye, dropped catch and missed stumping opportunity. The veteran pilot will be grounded.

Until that eventuality, this discussion appears a tad....premature.
Old April 2, 2006, 07:46 PM
Cricket Legend

আমি বুঝিনা মানুষগুলো থ্রেড খুলার জন্য এত পাগল কেন?
খালেদ মাসুদ তার যোগ্যতা দিয়েই দলে টিকে আছে। আর এখন এমন কোনো উইকেটকিপার কি আছে যে ওর জায়গা নিতে পারবে? মুশফিক? ওকে আর সময় দেয়া উচিত।অতপরঃ মুখটা বন্ধ রাখুন ভাইসব।

Edited on, April 3, 2006, 12:48 AM GMT, by sherlockhomes.
Old April 2, 2006, 11:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth

Apner ki awla matha bai?
eshon ki koitachen
Pilot amader niborjoggo palyer.
Old April 3, 2006, 12:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally posted by gravitY
Quote:
Originally posted by BD Tigers
This is utter stupidity. I am sorry Alam bhai but i failed to understand how much u know abt BD cricket.

Ditto AsifTheManRahman, there shud be some rule for the new comers.
DITTO to this post ... this is recursive ditto.
hey alam bhai...i just hv a question...

r u Jahangir Alam...the former wk/batsmen we used to hv before Pilot...??
i guess u lost ur spot in the team because of him...

well...if thats the case..ur wrath is understood and u r excused...if not....PILOT is THE BEST....

and btw..for those newcomers and rules bout posting...i made a vague attempt once before...

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/vi....php?tid=16209

feel free to reflect on my thoughts...and cast ur opinions...
Old April 3, 2006, 02:34 AM
Street Cricketer

Khaled Masud is good for another 5 yrs. But for ODI, may be some 3 more yrs give or take. In order to take over KM's place, some has to show real potential and take the wk-position by storm.
Old April 3, 2006, 02:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

hey alam...if u look carefully...
at batting averages ...
many top order batters should not be in the team...
why r u comparing with wk of other teams?... compare within our team...
Old April 3, 2006, 03:06 AM
Banned

Mashud will stay for his keeping and experience.
Old April 3, 2006, 03:45 AM
Club Cricketer

Think Mr. Alam has some wrong conception about the role of different player in the game. We need wicket keeper to work behind the wicket. This is first job. If he can add some run thats bonus. However, KM is not only one of the best in subcontinent behind the wicket, but he is one of the anchor we used to pull the BD innings. He has numbers of record doing so.
U need to go through the records before making funny comments.
Old April 3, 2006, 03:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Mashud is getting better and before we find a better alternative we can't replace....
Mashud is a great player and quiet often he has been the un-sung hero..... I think thats one of teh reason for this confusion.....
For me Piolot is here to stay until we find a suitable replacemint...
Old April 3, 2006, 06:43 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by ChokkuMia
Khaled Masud is good for another 5 yrs. But for ODI, may be some 3 more yrs give or take....
His performance is actually far better in ODI's rather than Tests. (look back and you will find his last 20 ODI & Test performance posted by me)

BTW.... I feel like repeating once more here.... that Replacing Pilot when he is aged out and Bringing Rahim in the team are not at all complimentary issues. Rahim is a genuin batsman an in addition to that he is a W/K. Rahim can still be in the team just as a batsman alongside Pilot as W/K+Batsman.

And ofcourse.... by following these sort of threads popping up every now and then... it seems that there are soon going to be threads asking for Mash or Bashar or Rafiq to be put out of the team.